PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Vince Young talk and why is the chronicle so negative

Oilers/Texans
10-29-2006, 10:20 PM
I heard on ESPN radio this evening when they were talking about the game and they called it the "Vince" bowl. Then said something about how the Texans passed on Young in the draft. They were making it sound like the Texans were gonna pick Vince and then changed their mind. That was never the case because it was going to be Reggie or Mario, Vince was not in the disscussion at least not seriously. The Houston Chronicle also had a bunch of Vince Young junk and Vince vs. Mario junk this week. Why? Also, is the Houston media always so negative? It seems like when ever I go to chron.com to get information they are always extremely negative about the Texans. Even when somthing good is going on it seems like they try to look for the bad. Have they always been this way?

DenverBorn
10-29-2006, 10:23 PM
2-14 last year and 5 embarassing losses this year might have something to do with it

Tulip
10-29-2006, 10:32 PM
1) Because the Texans should have been thinking about drafting Vince, but Casserly was too stubborn to admit defeat. And, to date, he's the best of the top 3 draft picks when he was supposed to be some kind of long-term project.

2) Because the Texans have only won 20 games in their entire history. It's easy to focus on the negative when there's so much losing going on. Frankly, I find the fans' over-acceptance more worrisome- like we've already made peace with the fact that we aren't getting a good return on investment.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 10:33 PM
when you are losing , writers find other ways to stir up controversy.

they find the glass half empty

nevermind we match our total win total of last year already.takes time to build

Wolf
10-29-2006, 10:35 PM
1) Because the Texans should have been thinking about drafting Vince, but Casserly was too stubborn to admit defeat. And, to date, he's the best of the top 3 draft picks when he was supposed to be some kind of long-term project.

yeah vince is lighting it up too.. come on.. no rookie in the top 5 are lighting it up.. demeco is lighting it up, Sims is lighting it up.

mexican_texan
10-29-2006, 10:51 PM
yeah vince is lighting it up too.. come on.. no rookie in the top 5 are lighting it up.. demeco is lighting it up, Sims is lighting it up.
D'Brickashaw Ferguson.