PDA

View Full Version : Should Sage get a Start?

Wharton
10-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Real simple, did Sage earn a start today?

The Dream
10-29-2006, 05:35 PM
should sage start?.......is roseanne a fat lousy singer?

afcman
10-29-2006, 05:38 PM
should sage start?

As of now......yes.

Porky
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Not even close. Yes, but Kubes doesn't have enough balls to look Bob Mcnair in the eyes and tell him that he was wrong, that Carr isn't the man to lead this team to the promised land. Well, that and eight million other reasons.

Texanfan4ever
10-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Not even close. Yes, but Kubes doesn't have enough balls to look Bob Mcnair in the eyes and tell him that he was wrong, that Carr isn't the man to lead this team to the promised land. Well, that and eight million other reasons.

That's absolutely ridiculous. if kubiak felt that way, he would say it and do it. I hate to tell you, but Mcnair feels the same way as Kubiak. Absolutely unbelievable! Kubiak will do what it takes to win. But he will do it intelligently and not based on emotion. And one other note, he's not on the "I love vince young" bandwagon either.

Tale Gator
10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
If Sage had started the game the Texans would have won easily.

He is a better QB.

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 06:59 PM
real simple....... at the very least, even the Carr Haters said Carr gets 8 games.

He gets one more at the very least.

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 07:03 PM
If Sage had started the game the Texans would have won easily.

He is a better QB.

That may be true, but it's not the point.

We started this season with an understanding that we are going to do what is right for the long haul. We (not me mind you, but collectively as a fan base) were optomistic about winning 5 or 6 games this year. We've got two so far, and there are 4 games in the future that we should win..... no reason to jump ship now.

This year, we want our team, David included to learn how to play. Next year, we can think playoffs..

This year, lets just focus on finishing strong.

Hervoyel
10-29-2006, 07:04 PM
I voted to start Sage. I've been a Carr supporter pretty much since the day he got here. I just think that you let him sit and stew on it for a while.

In my opinion Carr is damaged goods and too easy to knock out of his game. Get him fumbling and he's done.

Get some consistent pressure on him and hit him a few times and he's done.

I don't even care how he got this way anymore. if you've been watching Texans football since 2002 then you know how he got this way.

I know one thing that is absolutely 100% true. When David Carr is playing everything from the snap to the end of the play looks to be happening in fast forward. The ball hits his hands and everything around him starts to come apart.

When Sage went in everything seemed to settle down. This isn't the first time we've seen this. It happened when Tony Banks took over the starting job in 2003. The rest of the offense started getting it done and Sage looked to me to have forever back there at times.

David is damaged goods and I don't know if he can be fixed. I know I'm tired of watching him and the team around him play this way.

Kubiak will try for the rest of the year but I'd bet the bank that if he can't get the kind of progress he expects from him this year then David Carr is out the door.

Tulip
10-29-2006, 07:05 PM
I know it's shocking, but I said no. David should get another chance to start. I'm glad that Kubiak is not afraid to bench him, though. (I am, however, still upset that Kubiak came in and gave the green light to David's option and $8 million bonus.)

I also want to note that coming into the game, Rosenfels had a higher completion percentage than Carr. I point that out, not because it's relevant, but because completion percentage has been the Texans fans' favorite stat this year.

Tulip
10-29-2006, 07:08 PM
David is damaged goods and I don't know if he can be fixed.

That's why I didn't want them to extend his option. Even mid-to-late season last year (before draft talk) - that's what concerned me about David.

edo783
10-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Pretty much a moot point. Kubes said Carr is the starter next week in NY.

Hervoyel
10-29-2006, 07:20 PM

Yeah he did. He's going to try and make this work all year long. I think he's wrong but like you said, moot point.

Tulip
10-29-2006, 07:20 PM

I don't think it's a moot point at all. Unless everyone on this board is 100% behind every decision Kubiak makes. Of course, if that were the case, then what on earth would we have to talk about?

swoldier
10-29-2006, 07:31 PM
:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall Ummm yeah i think rosenfels should get that start i think David is a good for nothing bum. He makes bad choices dump offs when its 3rd and goal , gets flustered and makes mistakes and you can point to his stats all you want but those dont equal up to touchdowns there is no production he is a crappy QB but i guess we are stuck with him now. So screw it ohhh by the way sage threw 3 td's in the second half. Carr 0000000000000000000000000

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Start Sage. Carr won't ever get us to the promise land. He just won't. Why not give the rest of the team a chance to execute plays? They need it. With Carr in there....they don't get that. Sage is money...they dude is a QB, Carr isn't, any longer that is....

mexican_texan
10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage had one good game. Carr has had a good season, minus the Dallas game. I don't like Carr, but he has earned his spot. I'll call for Sage during the game, but Carr should start. I should mention that I just traded Byron Leftwich for Carr, as well, in one of my FF leagues.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Sage had one good game. Carr has had a good season, minus the Dallas game. I don't like Carr, but he has earned his spot. I'll call for Sage during the game, but Carr should start. I should mention that I just traded Byron Leftwich for Carr, as well, in one of my FF leagues.

Carr's had only one good game as well. Sage's days as a Texans have looked impressive....from day one.

mexican_texan
10-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Carr's had only one good game as well. Sage's days as a Texans have looked impressive....from day one.
Carr led the league in completion percentage. Sage must've...I don't know, held the clipboard exceptionally well.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Carr led the league in completion percentage. Sage must've...I don't know, held the clipboard exceptionally well.

And look at what completion percentage gets you. FYI, Sage had a better completion percentage than Carr, and still does after this game. Did you see the magic Sage made in that game. He was like a defibulator for this team. They showed life when Carr had dug the grave for 'em. Open your eyes people!!!

mexican_texan
10-29-2006, 08:00 PM
And look at what completion percentage gets you. FYI, Sage had a better completion percentage than Carr, and still does after this game. Did you see the magic Sage made in that game. He was like a defibulator for this team. They showed life when Carr had dug the grave for 'em. Open your eyes people!!!
Sage has had one game. Versus the Titans.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Sage has had one game. Versus the Titans.

And what a performance, huh? One...Carr couldn't even dream of and one you wouldn't ever see Carr put together.

buckaroo_banzai
10-29-2006, 08:05 PM
it's hard to still pull for carr after a game like this one....
maybe change is good:twocents:

Mr teX
10-29-2006, 08:11 PM
I think Sage should get a start only so DC can watch. There's nothing wrong with a little "gut check" if you will on the guy, he has never been challenged for the starting position.

Maybe this will help this guy raise his game I don't know. I also want Sage to start so people will understand that this guy is only good when he comes in b/c teams don't game plan for the backup QB unless he starts. After today & some of our other losses this year, I'll just say it can't hurt.

TEXANRED
10-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Relax people. Growing pains.

Anyone else notice that when sage came in the pressure stopped from the Titans? Not to mention the play calling changed for our O.

Our team sucked today. Between tipped passes getting picked, punt returns for TD's, dropped balls that killed drives, and stupid penalties. We are lucky it was only a 6 point loss.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
We are lucky it was only a 6 point loss.

Again, thanks to who? Sage! Had it not been for him...a nasty blowout!

Also...no thanks to Carr...we lost the game!

kenneth24
10-29-2006, 08:20 PM
I've been a complete Carr :homer: and even I think Sage should start next week. Sage isn't the quarterback to lead this team either (theres a reason he signed as a backup on the team with the worst record in the NFL) but Carr didn't earn the job for next week. Ok, so maybe he doesn't have to earn it from week to week but he can't be a liability either and this week he was a liability. I think Carr can still be the quarterback but he still needs to get past the shell shock of getting hit all the time. Easy for me to say but "Suck it up Carr...its the NFL and somebody gets hit hard every play, its just that for the Texans its you!" Might be good for Carr to sit and watch Sage's poise in the pocket because I really thought by now he would have started to relax in the pocket this far into the season after he's been hit but once he gets hit he starts getting anxious. Everybody is accountable and Carr should be held accountable for this game and should see less time next week and by sitting him a week or 2 it might be better for the future.

Others who should be accountable this week are Weigert and Sheppard. Can Weigert block somebody?!? Anybody?? Just get in their way at least!!! And Sheppard...I know all the yard lines look the same thats why its called field awareness...KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!! I thought he was going to fair catch the one in the endzone too!

Kaiser Toro
10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
If we are playing to win we start Sage. If we are playing to help one guy find his way start Carr. Kubiak did what was best for the offense and it got immeasurable results. The return on investment of Sage is great, the total cost of ownership of Carr is through the roof.

I was extremely excited watching the offense in the second half and was the first time I have ever seen a Texans offensive playbook executed by a NFL offense.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 08:22 PM
I was extremely excited watching the offense in the second half and was the first time I have ever seen a Texans offensive playbook executed by a NFL offense.

AMEN!