PDA

View Full Version : Carr and his status with the team

grandslam1
10-29-2006, 04:08 PM
The Texans are 2-5 at the moment. Let's be realistic, the playoffs are long gone. The only thing the Texans are playing for is pride.
I think it would be a huge mistake for this franchise to draft a QB next year. The development would halt for a year or two. Think about it: Would you rather draft o-line, LB's and DB's that we need desperately or take a QB that we probably can't even use for two years. Look at Leinart. What a tremendous kid from USC, he can't get the job done without help from other players. What i'm saying is this: Carr isn't our biggest concern. If we build the team right, get o solid oline, a ballhawk DB and a hard hitting LB , we will gradually be less dependent on the QB. Then when everything else is right, we can replace the QB
For example, 2000 Baltimore Ravens. the QB was Trent Dilfer who was thought to be a below average QB. But the ravens had a good o-line, great backs, possiby one of the greatest catching TE Shannon Sharpe and most of all , a dominating defense.
So how many of you out there will forget about Carr and what he means to this franchise based on this game? Sage is not a long term answer and i don't see how , despite of todays performance, he could help this team be better in the future. He displayed his talents today,and showcased that he is a very solid back-up, but i feel that that's all he will be, a back-up. Carr isn't the main concern right now.
Carr deserves to finish the season. Let's review his performance in the offseason

R.Grossman threw 4 picks against ARZ. I bet the Bears fan were tempted to get a QB change. The same situation in Dallas. We'll see how that plays out. QB's have good days and bad days. This was a bad day.

I think Carr needed the benching to teach him a lesson. The only thing that was missing was the one arm man Mr.Bluth used in his lessons...

Scott D
10-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I'll buy that. How much?:hunter:

afcman
10-29-2006, 04:49 PM
The atlanta falcons are proof that that you can have a great QB but without a line to protect him there's very little that can be done. A couple of games back he was sacked quite a bit.

I wouldn't go with a top pick for QB. I would build up both lines as best as possible.

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Your O-Line needs to be completely rebuilt. Vanden Bosch would have had 4 sacks alone if it wasn't for that HORRENDOUS roughing the passer call and a holding call.

Nighthawk
10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
The atlanta falcons are proof that that you can have a great QB but without a line to protect him there's very little that can be done. A couple of games back he was sacked quite a bit.

I wouldn't go with a top pick for QB. I would build up both lines as best as possible.

Please -- we don't have a great quarterback. We don't even have a good quarterback. Let's wait and see what Rosenfels can do and then decide about the draft.

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 06:07 PM

That QB took that sorry team to the NFC championship game...... probably do it again this year.

Bad example......

JDizzle
10-29-2006, 06:12 PM

Funny, Sage never got sacked and he had 4 more attempts than Carr.

austintexanite
10-29-2006, 06:17 PM
The Texans are 2-5 at the moment. Let's be realistic, the playoffs are long gone. The only thing the Texans are playing for is pride.
I think it would be a huge mistake for this franchise to draft a QB next year. The development would halt for a year or two. Think about it: Would you rather draft o-line, LB's and DB's that we need desperately or take a QB that we probably can't even use for two years. Look at Leinart. What a tremendous kid from USC, he can't get the job done without help from other players. What i'm saying is this: Carr isn't our biggest concern. If we build the team right, get o solid oline, a ballhawk DB and a hard hitting LB , we will gradually be less dependent on the QB. Then when everything else is right, we can replace the QB
For example, 2000 Baltimore Ravens. the QB was Trent Dilfer who was thought to be a below average QB. But the ravens had a good o-line, great backs, possiby one of the greatest catching TE Shannon Sharpe and most of all , a dominating defense.
So how many of you out there will forget about Carr and what he means to this franchise based on this game? Sage is not a long term answer and i don't see how , despite of todays performance, he could help this team be better in the future. He displayed his talents today,and showcased that he is a very solid back-up, but i feel that that's all he will be, a back-up. Carr isn't the main concern right now.
Carr deserves to finish the season. Let's review his performance in the offseason

R.Grossman threw 4 picks against ARZ. I bet the Bears fan were tempted to get a QB change. The same situation in Dallas. We'll see how that plays out. QB's have good days and bad days. This was a bad day.

I think Carr needed the benching to teach him a lesson. The only thing that was missing was the one arm man Mr.Bluth used in his lessons...

Greatest line I've heard all day..."I think Carr needed the benching to teach him a lesson. The only thing that was missing was the one arm man Mr.Bluth used in his lessons..."