PDA

View Full Version : VY was right...........................

Bongo59
10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
he was the best QB for the Texans.....................today shows Carr is done in Houston. Carr got outplayed by a rookie and his own back up..................good game guys and thanks for the week of talk...............good luck the rest of the way and beat the Jags and Colts. Stay healthy the rest of the way. We will see you in Houston.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 04:05 PM
that isn't saying much

sage outplayed VY try again.

Bronco Texan
10-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I knew these types of threads would show up. I'm glad VY outplayed our team today and won this game for his team. I mean it isn't like the Texan gave this one away or anything.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Dream
10-29-2006, 04:09 PM
VY > "Sub" Par

Tailgate
10-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Vince had like 80 yards passing.

Turnovers, penalties, and the punt return killed us today.

The Dream
10-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Vince should've had more yardage if not for that horrible call...and possibly another TD.

TexansLucky13
10-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Vince Young didn't do anything spectacular.

We lost this game for ourselves.

Hookem Horns
10-29-2006, 04:11 PM
he was the best QB for the Texans.....................today shows Carr is done in Houston. Carr got outplayed by a rookie and his own back up..................good game guys and thanks for the week of talk...............good luck the rest of the way and beat the Jags and Colts. Stay healthy the rest of the way. We will see you in Houston.

Hey give us posters some credit too. Many of us were saying it before VY did. The only sad thing about VY is that he plays for a cursed franchise. Hopefully he will end up on a decent NFL team before he retires.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Vince should've had more yardage if not for that horrible call...and possibly another TD.

:lol:
welcome to the nfl

The Dream
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
doesn't matter though....question who will be starting next week, VY or Carr?....that should tell you who is better.

LBC_Justin
10-29-2006, 04:13 PM
5 turnovers
1 defensive TD
1 punt return TD

This victory has very little to do with Vince Young. The only thing he really did is not screw up, which is more than I can say about our guys.

I can't complain too much about our defense. Other than they didn't cause any turnovers, they only gave up 14 points which should have been enough to win against the titans.

powerfuldragon

You're right. anyone who says otherwise is wrong. For real.

AMMOTITAN
WELLL.......where is the HULK, and THUNDER, who all they knew how to say was "TITANS SUCK"..........come out come out wherever you are???!!!!!

Wolf
young.. 7/15 87 yards 1 td.. rushing 4 for 44 1 td.

:hmmm:

Bongo59
10-29-2006, 04:14 PM
i thought he played well.............took care of the ball killed MW at the edge on a long TD and threw for one to Wade.............he was also robbed of 32 yds at the end...........but he made no mistakes...............he is a rookie in his 4th start and he is 2-2...............2-2 is pretty solid to me. Again good luck the rest of the way..................I enjoyed your board.

The Dream
10-29-2006, 04:14 PM
give him that pass that was complete and we have 100 yrd. throwing day with a rushing TD.....not bad for a ROOKIE.

Scott D
10-29-2006, 04:15 PM
5 turnovers
1 defensive TD
1 punt return TD

This victory has very little to do with Vince Young. The only thing he really did is not screw up, which is more than I can say about our guys.

I can't complain too much about our defense. Other than they didn't cause any turnovers, they only gave up 14 points which should have been enough to win against the titans.

Defense looks allright. The offense needs lots of work!:bananasplit:

Hookem Horns
10-29-2006, 04:16 PM
WELLL.......where is the HULK, and THUNDER, who all they knew how to say was "TITANS SUCK"..........come out come out wherever you are???!!!!!

The Oilers eerrrr.. Titans do suck. The Texans just suck worse. Welcome to suckhood, boy it sucks down here.

Marcus
10-29-2006, 04:16 PM
doesn't matter though....question who will be starting next week, VY or Carr?....that should tell you who is better.
Why don't you just grow a pair and admit you wanted Carr to fail?

Admit it. You wanted to see that, didn't you?:challenge

GuerillaBlack
10-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Carr's fumble for a touchdown changed this game.

LBC_Justin
10-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Actually.

With a FIVE to ZERO turnover ratio against the Texans at your home field and you only win by 4 points, I think it is safe to say the Titans Suck.

but sadly the Texans sucked even worse. At this point it is pretty easy to see both of these teams are bottom feeders.

At least based on the mistakes the Texans made and how they played it looks like the Texans have more talent than the Titans, but that isn't making me feel too much better right now.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Titans are good ..we beat the Jags by 20 and titans beat us by 6 and titans played the jags and...

oh wait this is the NFL.

The Dream
10-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Why don't you just grow a pair and admit you wanted Carr to fail?

Admit it. You wanted to see that, didn't you?

Yes.....me and a couple of other people I know thought it was quite funny when he sucked today......I'm sorry but when you put up with the same BS for 5 years, you're ready for a change, and if Carr sucking in order for Sage to start is the change we need, then I'm all for it....I put the Texans before Sub Par.

powerfuldragon
10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Carr is looking better. he had a bad day, so he got benched. this is meant as a teaching tool... it's football. Yeah, Sage came in and moved throught the titans defense efficiently... that's what backups are supposed to be able to do.

The Dream
10-29-2006, 04:23 PM
no that's what starters are supposed to be able to do.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 04:24 PM
no that's what starters are supposed to be able to do.

and Carr isn't human either

geeze no denying that Carr had a bad day,but this is just plain rediculous

The Dream
10-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Man this is Carr's 5th season...this isn't the FIRST time that we've seen this....yes he's human, and yes he's allowed to make mistakes, but 5 seasons!!!....give me a break....he needs to be backing up somewhere.

kbourda
10-29-2006, 04:30 PM
that isn't saying much

sage outplayed VY try again.

Well, in numbers, you are correct. But wouldn't you perfer the win? Really, some of you have no idea.

Bronco Texan
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Well, in numbers, you are correct. But wouldn't you perfer the win? Really, some of you have no idea.

Yes and the Titans played as a team and won as a team. VY didn't do anything special to win this game for his team. The Texans played poorly as a team and lost as a team.

Osso
10-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Carr's fumble for a touchdown changed this game.

Can I quote this a billion more times?

MrMeToo
10-29-2006, 04:54 PM
vince is a leader.carr is not.

LORK 88
10-29-2006, 04:56 PM
give him that pass that was complete and we have 100 yrd. throwing day with a rushing TD.....not bad for a ROOKIE.
Too many what ifs, and im sorry but 100 yards passing is pretty bad no matter what way you look at it. Less than 50% completion, less than 100 yards passing, Tennessee's defense and special teams won this game, not Vince.

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
The Oilers eerrrr.. Titans do suck. The Texans just suck worse. Welcome to suckhood, boy it sucks down here.

You see, I never said that we did not suck right now. My point was I knew this game could swing either way, yet some of your posters were blind to this fact and all they knew how to type was "Titans Suck"

The Dream
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Too many what ifs, and im sorry but 100 yards passing is pretty bad no matter what way you look at it. Less than 50% completion, less than 100 yards passing, Tennessee's defense and special teams won this game, not Vince.

VY played a factor in the win also....I think you're taking away from his performance......the reason why I say VY > Carr is because if you gave me a choice of one guy to start and win a game for me, then I'm choosing Vince everyday of the week.

Bongo59
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
he had 15 lousy attempts.......and he still produced two TD and no picks or fumbles........................and his 44 yds on the ground also produced points................one thing is a lock...............5 yrs from now VY will not play like Carr Did..............and you all know it. VY is a winner and a leader.............he is also a rookie but he is 2-2 and he stopped all our bleeding since he has come in.

MrMeToo
10-29-2006, 04:59 PM
he had 15 lousy attempts.......and he still produced two TD and no picks or fumbles........................and his 44 yds on the ground also produced points................one thing is a lock...............5 yrs from now VY will not play like Carr Did..............and you all know it. VY is a winner and a leader.............he is also a rookie but he is 2-2 and he stopped all our bleeding since he has come in.

I agree.

The Dream
10-29-2006, 05:00 PM
5 yrs from now VY will not play like Carr Did.

VY won't play like Carr did NOW...lol....Carr just doesn't have the good intangibles to be a starter in this league week after week.

LORK 88
10-29-2006, 05:03 PM
VY played a factor in the win also....I think you're taking away from his performance......the reason why I say VY > Carr is because if you gave me a choice of one guy to start and win a game for me, then I'm choosing Vince everyday of the week.
Your looking at Carr's worst game of the season vs. one of Vince's best. Instead of looking and choosing whether Carr lives or dies by how he does every weekend, lets see how he's done the entire season. Vince is just now even on his TD:INT ratio, still has less than 50% completion percentage, and doesnt play D or special teams. This game is being made out to be about Vince way too much when it should be about turnovers, sacks, and horrid special teams.

The Dream
10-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Your looking at Carr's worst game of the season vs. one of Vince's best. Instead of looking and choosing whether Carr lives or dies by how he does every weekend, lets see how he's done the entire season. Vince is just now even on his TD:INT ratio, still has less than 50% completion percentage, and doesnt play D or special teams. This game is being made out to be about Vince way too much when it should be about turnovers, sacks, and horrid special teams.

No one ever said VY was the ONLY reason the titans won, but Vince OVERALL this season has shown better pocket presence than Carr...and has made less mistakes.

Hookem Horns
10-29-2006, 05:05 PM
You see, I never said that we did not suck right now. My point was I knew this game could swing either way, yet some of your posters were blind to this fact and all they knew how to type was "Titans Suck"

You have to remember that the Oilers/Titans franchise screwed over many of us fans so there should be no surprise there. Plus, many of us watched them suck or better yet choke for 30 years or more. There is no love loss between us and that franchise. However having that franchise replaced with a suckier franchise isn't sitting too well right now.

nunusguy
10-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I was never for drafting VY, but I gotta say he looked outstanding today for a rookie starting only his 3rd or 4th game.
Congrats to Vince Young, and congrats to Bud Adams for what looks like a very astute Draft pick. You gotta give it up to both of those Houstonians today !

joedinkle
10-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I hate to beat down Carr, especially since he has shown some promise this season, but more so than promise, he is inconsistent. After 5 years, he should be playing much better than he is now. What QB are we getting from the draft?

Bongo59
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
VY played well three weeks in a row.............he is playing like Big Ben did in his rookie yr...............few mistakes................I also love the way you guys minimize his long TD run...............on Mario no less.............he will be a terror for a decade and he is learning on the job.............I am very impressed with his pocket presence and resilence. I know he will be a winner. I dont think Carr will ever win.

UTVinceYoung
10-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Vince Young DID indeed help the TItans win todays game. He made good decisions on the field. I'm very happy that Vince is the quarterback of my team.

FanFromCali
10-29-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't care if he is from Houston or anywhere else, I don't like Vince Young and I don't think he will be a great QB. But he beat my team today so I have to begrudgingly say he did a good job.

Great, my stomach hurts now.

belars44
10-29-2006, 05:19 PM

Says it all.

mancunian
10-29-2006, 05:22 PM
5 turnovers
1 defensive TD
1 punt return TD

and we held them to less than 200 yards of offence. The Titans didn't beat the Texans......the Texans did, shot themselves in the foot.

Bongo59
10-29-2006, 05:28 PM
you guys sound like the jag fans from last week............our dl and cb play caused those TO................Sage got a lot of garbage time yds..............the whole second half we played zone..............AJ was ordinary today. 9 catches but for 7 yds a pop.............he was avging 13 before today................Adam Jones had his best day as a pro...............I hate him but I cant take this away from him..................him, TBrown, and KVB won this game.

UTVinceYoung
10-29-2006, 05:30 PM
hey guys keep on with the excuses if it makes you feel better. A Win is a win.

Napa Auto Parts
10-29-2006, 05:31 PM

Congrats on the win and you are right VY made David Carr well look like David Carr lol

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 05:37 PM

first, Carr isn't done. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts next week.

Second..... I'd hate if my QB wanted to play with another team.

& that team didn't want him.

UTVinceYoung
10-29-2006, 05:38 PM

Second..... I'd hate if my QB didn't wanted to play with another team.

lay off the crack pipe

belars44
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM

Second..... I'd hate if my QB didn't wanted to play with another team.

One can only dream............Cowboys here Carr comes.............

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM

I'm right here. I've already admited in another thread, that I was wrong. The Titans don't suck.

Just their Offense.

You guys played a good game, Vince did what he had to do......

I wonder why we called off the blitzes though. I'm sure we'll rectify that in Dec.....

austintexanite
10-29-2006, 05:41 PM

what i've been saying all day

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I hate to beat down Carr, especially since he has shown some promise this season, but more so than promise, he is inconsistent. After 5 years, he should be playing much better than he is now. What QB are we getting from the draft?

inconsistent??

he had the same 70% completion game that he's had all year.

I don't think you understand why David was benched today.

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm right here. I've already admited in another thread, that I was wrong. The Titans don't suck.

Just their Offense.

You guys played a good game, Vince did what he had to do......

I wonder why we called off the blitzes though. I'm sure we'll rectify that in Dec.....

Like I said, this game was going to be interesting. We do suck, but so did you guys. I just hope we will have a better future because of our youth.

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 05:45 PM
you guys sound like the jag fans from last week............our dl and cb play caused those TO................Sage got a lot of garbage time yds..............the whole second half we played zone..............AJ was ordinary today. 9 catches but for 7 yds a pop.............he was avging 13 before today................Adam Jones had his best day as a pro...............I hate him but I cant take this away from him..................him, TBrown, and KVB won this game.

yes & no.

David can't be coughing up the ball like that.

I'll have to re-watch the game(lucky for me I taped it) but I don't think David was stripped. I understand being blindsided, but you've got to hold on to the ball.

GP
10-29-2006, 05:48 PM
I saw a blatant holding on one of our dlinemen who was about to get VY in the pocket, but your blocker snagged the back of our guy's jersey and held him up just enough to let VY get out of the pocket (watch it again on the replays coming from VY's blindside, you'll see a Titans olineman grabbing the back of a Texans' jersey--mid-to-upper back, near the name on the jersey--right when VY pulls down the ball and begins leaving the pocket). He tugs it and releases it, enough to slow down our guy from reaching VY.

I really don't know what the refs are doing out there--They need to be looking for holding when a QB is in a collapsing pocket and ends up "escaping" like VY did. A bad no-call.

Bongo, your skills are weak: You predicted Pac Man's "benching" here AND on your own board, and it was false--You got ragged big time by your own fellow board members for always being wrong about stuff like that. Why do I trust your assessment about VY after ONE game against us?

We got away with one against Jax at our home...we prolly gonna' get beat AT Jax. You guys got away with one in your stadium today, and we prolly gonna' wipe the turf with your guys at Reliant. It's just the way it goes.

We were a whole lot closer to winning this game than you guys will EVER be when you come here. I predict a fairly good beat down.

GP
10-29-2006, 05:50 PM
yes & no.

David can't be coughing up the ball like that.

I'll have to re-watch the game(lucky for me I taped it) but I don't think David was stripped. I understand being blindsided, but you've got to hold on to the ball.

He was in the process of raising his arm to throw...almost looked like the "tuck rule" but not enough to really be a tuck call.

not excusing Carr for his effort today. It was fairly bad. But that play was not as bad on Carr as it looks. Watch it again.

UTVinceYoung
10-29-2006, 05:53 PM
You guys got away with one in your stadium today, and we prolly gonna' wipe the turf with your guys at Reliant. It's just the way it goes.

We were a whole lot closer to winning this game than you guys will EVER be when you come here. I predict a fairly good beat down.

keep dreaming there poncho :rolleyes:

tex
10-29-2006, 06:17 PM

David Carr wouldn't of had two fumbles if the Oline would have done a better job.He was in the middle of his throwing motion when hit ,you can't pull the ball back at that time.

Bongo59
10-29-2006, 06:20 PM
I actually thought your OL was worse than Carr................Sage got a ton of garbage yds against a Zone in the 4th Q................we were up 18 points.

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Like I said, this game was going to be interesting. We do suck, but so did you guys. I just hope we will have a better future because of our youth.

We both have a bunch of youth.... lots to look forward to.

we've done beat the Jags once, now it's your turn.

then we'll finish them off at home............. deal??

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Vince Young did just enough for his team to win. He didn't make any mistakes. 0 INTs and 0 fumbles. Sound good to me!!!

V Man
10-29-2006, 06:42 PM
i thought he played well.............took care of the ball killed MW at the edge on a long TD and threw for one to Wade.............he was also robbed of 32 yds at the end...........but he made no mistakes...............he is a rookie in his 4th start and he is 2-2...............2-2 is pretty solid to me. Again good luck the rest of the way..................I enjoyed your board.

VY played well three weeks in a row.............he is playing like Big Ben did in his rookie yr...............few mistakes................I also love the way you guys minimize his long TD run...............on Mario no less.............he will be a terror for a decade and he is learning on the job.............I am very impressed with his pocket presence and resilence. I know he will be a winner. I dont think Carr will ever win.

Vince had a nice run but I believe that was Peek that was the end on that side on that play.

Bongo59
10-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Vince had a nice run but I believe that was Peek that was the end on that side on that play.
VY beat Peek Ryans and Mw to the corner as they all ran upfield toward him...............watch the replay on ESPN............once he ran no one could catch him.............Dunta stopped at the ten.

phan1
10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
awww man... THIS is why I really wanted a win today. I just didn't want to hear this VY crap... It's not like he had that great of a game anyway! Sheesh...

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
awww man... THIS is why I really wanted a win today. I just didn't want to hear this VY crap... It's not like he had that great of a game anyway! Sheesh...

Great game or not, he gets the W

edo783
10-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Great game or not, he gets the W

Yes, but you get the one finger salute!

Mr teX
10-29-2006, 08:01 PM

Come on dude, It ain't like VY was the difference in the game, His D & special teams helped him tremendously.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 08:02 PM
come on..VY can cure cancer with his tears.

Mr teX
10-29-2006, 08:03 PM

Yes it was, MW was on the other side. The titans in general didn't run to MW's side after his sack on Vince. MW was chasing guys down from the backside all game.

TEXANRED
10-29-2006, 08:03 PM

Don't forget about me. I am the king of the Titan Haters. You may call me Sir TEXANRED or His Highness TEXANRED. Which ever you prefer.

Titans do suck. So do the Texans but thats not what we are discussing.

Titans suck so bad that even though we gave up 5 turnovers, numerous penalties and a punt return for a TD and a fumble recovery for a TD, we were still in the game all the way to the end.

jteg25
10-29-2006, 08:08 PM
who was starting on the d-line..was it peek at the end and weaver inside..if so i like that front four the rest of the way...travis johnson just doenst do it for me though

CaptainPatriot
10-29-2006, 08:14 PM

and who made the TO`s?

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 08:21 PM

After you just got BEAT by the titans...you cant predict a win against them.....thats just not how it works! I look forward to Vinces Homecoming...we need to get at least 3 wins this year!

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Don't forget about me. I am the king of the Titan Haters. You may call me Sir TEXANRED or His Highness TEXANRED. Which ever you prefer.

Titans do suck. So do the Texans but thats not what we are discussing.

Titans suck so bad that even though we gave up 5 turnovers, numerous penalties and a punt return for a TD and a fumble recovery for a TD, we were still in the game all the way to the end.

Way to look on the bright side. I dont think it helped that the Titans were in a PREVENT D almost all of the second half.....We have got to FIRE our DC!!! REGARDLESS of what you type, what you think....you just got beat by THE TITANS who you think SUCK so much and would not even have a chance today......GET OFF YOUR HORSE~!

PapaL
10-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Yes it was, MW was on the other side. The titans in general didn't run to MW's side after his sack on Vince. MW was chasing guys down from the backside all game.

Let's explain it with numbers for them, #98 - Peek was on the side of the ball that #10 - Young ran to. In the highlight you can #90 - Willams, coming from the opposite side of the field. Clearly the TD was not run at at #90.

Anyone up for drawing stick figures for me?

Wolf
10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I actually thought your OL was worse than Carr................Sage got a ton of garbage yds against a Zone in the 4th Q................we were up 18 points.

carefull bongo...someone will give you negative rep for using the "G" word and Sage together

TEXANRED
10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Way to look on the bright side. I dont think it helped that the Titans were in a PREVENT D almost all of the second half.....We have got to FIRE our DC!!! REGARDLESS of what you type, what you think....you just got beat by THE TITANS who you think SUCK so much and would not even have a chance today......GET OFF YOUR HORSE~!

First its high horse. Get off your high horse. I don't know about there but here in Houston we have these things called automobiles. Secondly, even if I was on a horse why would I be on a horse with a computer. That would look silly.

Yea yea, we got beat by the Titans, and the Colts, and the Cowboys, and the Eagles, and the Browns, and the 49er's and the Steelers.......its a pretty long list. I wouldn't classify it as an exclusive club.

You do suck. At least admit to it. Oh look............. your....................... 2.............and.................5, just like the Texans.

joedinkle
10-29-2006, 08:50 PM
inconsistent??

he had the same 70% completion game that he's had all year.

I don't think you understand why David was benched today.

David played great last Sunday, and threw an interception and had 2 fumbles. How is that consistent? Completions per attempts is not the only way to judge consistency. As I said. I want Carr to do good. I want Carr to be our guy. But he is not playing like a 5 year vet. Can you honestly say he is playing up to the expectations of a 1st pick 5 year vet?

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 09:53 PM
David played great last Sunday, and threw an interception and had 2 fumbles. How is that consistent? Completions per attempts is not the only way to judge consistency. As I said. I want Carr to do good. I want Carr to be our guy. But he is not playing like a 5 year vet. Can you honestly say he is playing up to the expectations of a 1st pick 5 year vet?

I'm just saying he had more games like todays than games like the Jax game this year,,,,,

& last Sunday, the defense gave him short fields to capitalize on....

Today's game has been the norm for him, but since he didn't get pulled, and was allowed to throw a few TDs in the 4th Qtr, people forget what he's really been doing....... especially after they see his QB rating.

& that's why his QB rating is misleading.......... not because of Garbage time stats, but because they don't take into account fumbles, and other things like yards per attempt.

It's kinda like Reggie Bush being 4th or 5th in receptions, but way down the list in recieving yards, and no TDs. Yeah, he's catching a lot of balls, but for what??

David's completing a lot of passes, and not many INTs in relation to TDs...... but so what.

joedinkle
10-29-2006, 10:02 PM
so what do you think is the QB solution? Do we give Carr more time and allow him a chance to lead the team, or do we give the rest of the offense and the Texans a chance to win? AJ, Daniels, Lundy, these parts of our offense are working. How much more time do you think Carr deserves before we can say that we are being unfair to those guys?

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 10:57 PM
so what do you think is the QB solution? Do we give Carr more time and allow him a chance to lead the team, or do we give the rest of the offense and the Texans a chance to win? AJ, Daniels, Lundy, these parts of our offense are working. How much more time do you think Carr deserves before we can say that we are being unfair to those guys?

I don't know about what Carr deserves.......

But we gave the guy $8 million, saying that we can coach him up to put his talent to use. To not give him every opportunity would be a worse decision than giving him the money.

Now I would be satisfied with letting him sit & watch Sage play a game or two, so he can see how this team can work, when you don't have to keep half your receivers in to protect.

Owen Daniels had a heck of a game today, and he could've had games like this since Sept 10th. I don't think Owen has got any better, he's just being seen more.

Winning games is important, but if David is our guy, then we should do whatever it takes to help him be that guy. That is what we started out doing when we picked up his option, and unless Kubiak thought he should be further along by now, then he should be the guy.

he got benched because of the fumbles... I believe someone mentioned that Carr knew coming into the game that if he fumbled in the third, he'd get benched. Sounds fair to me.

I know people want to say he was blindsided, or the protection was week, but it doesn't matter. When the ball is in his hands, it is his responsibility to protect it. It isn't fair, but there are a lot of things about the QB position that isn't fair.

David's game has been what it has been all year..... 70% completion ratio, dinks & dunks.... flat in to start the third.... if that didn't get him benched in the Cowboy game, there's no reason to bench him for it now.

& if you thought he should have started the game in Jacksonville, there is no reason for you to not think he should start the game in NewJersey.

infantrycak
10-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Vince Young did just enough for his team to win. He didn't make any mistakes. 0 INTs and 0 fumbles. Sound good to me!!!

Boy that is setting a high standard for QB performance.

Spare me the some QB's don't surpass that low of a bar come back.

Blu
10-30-2006, 08:49 PM
We're either gonna have one heck of a QB with Carr..or one heck of some trade bait..what ever is best for the Texans.

I'm ready for this team to win....now that should be the new....Nuff SAID!

bah007
10-30-2006, 09:49 PM
We're either gonna have one heck of a QB with Carr..or one heck of some trade bait..what ever is best for the Texans.

I'm ready for this team to win....now that should be the new....Nuff SAID!

If he cant be a heck of a QB then he cant be trade bait.

Nobody will trade for a QB who can never be anything.

You are either both or you are neither.