PDA

View Full Version : Keep Rosenfels as the STARTER!!

Texans34Life
10-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I like his style of play compared to Carr's. He seems to be more poised in the pocket, doesn't do the short dump-offs, doesn't stare at the receivers, and has a bit more zip in his pass compared to Carr's. He actually takes a chance.

Kubiak, KEEP HIM AS THE STARTER!!!!

Cgold
10-29-2006, 04:05 PM
No thx

Goldeagle
10-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Sage had garbage time stats.

Scott D
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
No thx

Then we lose. Let's face it. I guess I was wrong. 3 TD's for Sage, and 3 INT's for Carr. You do the math. Excellent call from Kubiak. Carr had 4 years to learn the NFL. Some people have it, others don't.

rmartin65
10-29-2006, 04:13 PM
No. He is a career backup for a reason. Plus, like many have said, if Carr's stats earlier this year were garbage stats, so were Sage's today.

Hookem Horns
10-29-2006, 04:13 PM

... and what has Carr had?? Great completion %? Sure, who wouldn't if your average attempt was 2 yards?

Most of Carr's "great" stats have come AFTER the game was well in hand by the other team.

Meisterman
10-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Sage had 186 yards in a QUARTER AND A HALF. 3 TDS. And he doesn't look scared. You can have the million dollar Yugo who throws into triple coverage.

Texans34Life

18/25 - 186 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT (shouldn't have counted if AJ had caught the ball)

It was garbage when Carr was in the game. Sage came in and made it close.

TexanSam
This was Carr's first really bad game. I think it'll be interesting to see what comes out of Texans practice this week. I can see points made from both sides.

powerfuldragon
No. He is a career backup for a reason. Plus, like many have said, if Carr's stats earlier this year were garbage stats, so were Sage's today.
A 16 year old speaks the most sensibly... lol. gg.

Goldeagle
10-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Garbage stats, thats all I heard, and now you people will here it.

TexanSam
10-29-2006, 04:17 PM

Explain why they were garbage stats? He played the entire 2nd half and when you're down by 18, you're still in the game.

Vinny
10-29-2006, 04:17 PM
It's amazing how many stat fans we have...can't you guys just see the difference in the offense and forget the stat line? Stats are just a way to measure variables. Throwing most of your passes underneath and having no feel for the rush don't show up on the qb ratings (well, that's not true - a billion short passes actually pump them up). Rosenfels didn't put his blockers in poor positions and he actually threw down field into coverage. Throw out the stats and trust your eyes people.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Rosenfels > Carr + VY

Nuff said.

Sage proved a lot today. My goodness. I'd seen him look really good before. But today was just something else.

Goldeagle
Garbage, total garbage. Tennesse stopped being agressive, Garbage stats. Thats all I heard about Carr.

Texans34Life

Look, it seems you are a Carr supporter. Well, it's time to get off the bandwagon.

It's been 5 years and he has not been the QB we need for this team. Sage showed today he can take a chance. Garbage stats, my ass.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 04:19 PM
It's amazing how many stat fans we have...can't you guys just see the difference in the offense and forget the stat line? Stats are just a way to measure variables. Throwing most of your passes underneath and having no feel for the rush don't show up on the qb ratings (well, that's not true - a billion short passes actually pump them up). Rosenfels didn't put his blockers in poor positions and he actually threw down field into coverage. Throw out the stats and trust your eyes people.

I couldn't agree more. Rosenfels looks like a starting calibur QB, meanwhile Carr looked like an inexperienced back up.

Goldeagle
10-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Garbage stats lol!

Carr haters have never liked Carr no matter what he did.

Garbage stats.

powerfuldragon
10-29-2006, 04:20 PM
It's amazing how many stat fans we have...can't you guys just see the difference in the offense and forget the stat line? Stats are just a way to measure variables. Throwing most of your passes underneath and having no feel for the rush don't show up on the qb ratings. Rosenfels didn't put his blockers in poor positions and he actually threw down field into coverage. Throw out the stats and trust your eyes people.
Don't you know anything vinny? W's don't matter, as long as we have the QB with the Xth highest passer rating. Stats are life.

:rolleyes:

profan
10-29-2006, 04:20 PM

bs, this game was not near over when he came in. he has a stronger arm, makes better decisions, and was a much better qb today. DC lost this game.

Nighthawk
10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Sage had 186 yards in a QUARTER AND A HALF. 3 TDS. And he doesn't look scared. You can have the million dollar Yugo who throws into triple coverage.

Quadruple coverage. Amen.

GuerillaBlack
10-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage is fast enough, and he can throw. I say, keep him next game and see what happens by halftime.

rmartin65
10-29-2006, 04:23 PM
bs, this game was not near over when he came in. he has a stronger arm, makes better decisions, and was a much better qb today. DC lost this game.

Say what you want about Carr except that he has a weaker arm than Sage. Carr has one of the strongest arms in the league.

JDizzle
10-29-2006, 04:24 PM
I love how Sage moves around in the pocket compared to Carr. There were a couple times today where Sage avoided sacks that Carr would have taken. Oh, and he didn't fumble the ball twice and throw a pick into .... quintuple coverage in front of the end zone. Sage came pretty close to cleaning up Carr's mess, if only Kubiak would've given him the mop sooner.

No QB controversy here. I think we all know who's gonna start next week.

Goldeagle
10-29-2006, 04:24 PM
IS this yet another lesson by Kubiak? Does he do this to challenge Carr and see if he can come back? Kinda at that point where he can go to the promised land or carry a clipboard?

Wharton
10-29-2006, 04:25 PM
DC got pulled for a reason. DC fumbled the ball twice and threw into quaduple coverage, what did you expect would happen?

So, you think it was garbage time. Name one defensive starter the Titans pulled?

If nothing else, Sage earned the chance to start one game. And, thats all he'll need.

:redtowel:

profan
10-29-2006, 04:26 PM
well, he may have a stronger arm throwing against air, but in game time, many of carrs long passes end of being short. Sage left nothing short today, and put the ball where only our recievers should make the catch. He was the best qb on the field out of both teams.

IshouldbeGM
10-29-2006, 04:27 PM
I agree, keep Sage as the starter. David Carr is not a leader, point blank! We've seen the same old story so many times, texans go down 10 pts, game over. When has David Carr ever lead his team from behind?? When things aren't going well, David hangs his head and has this lost look on his face. We dont need this from our QB!!! The QB should be the leader of the team, Peyton never hangs his face and looks lost...neither did Vince! I mean Sage may not be the answer, but neither is David Carr. We might as well see what we have in Sage, we already know Carr is not the answer.

afcman
10-29-2006, 04:31 PM
I agree, keep Sage as the starter. For now. And let's see where it takes us.

What do we have to lose? More losses?

I'm glad the coach is taking a chance and showing leadership.

edo783
10-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Sage has historicaly been a back up and has not done well as a starter. However, I'm not sure he played in this type of offense and it may just suit him real well. Moves around well enough, reads the defense pretty well and throws it well. May just have been a question of a QB not being in a system that works for him. Guess we will see.

kfranco_utexas
10-29-2006, 04:34 PM
No thx

DELUSIONAL. You must be Carr's father or relative.:shoot:

Scott D
10-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I agree, keep Sage as the starter. David Carr is not a leader, point blank! We've seen the same old story so many times, texans go down 10 pts, game over. When has David Carr ever lead his team from behind?? When things aren't going well, David hangs his head and has this lost look on his face. We dont need this from our QB!!! The QB should be the leader of the team, Peyton never hangs his face and looks lost...neither did Vince! I mean Sage may not be the answer, but neither is David Carr. We might as well see what we have in Sage, we already know Carr is not the answer.

Realistically, sadly but not true. David Carr lead the Texans to a come from behind win. It was 2 years ago during Thanksgiving weekend against this very same team. Nov 28, 2004. Houston won 31-21.

kfranco_utexas
10-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Sage is fast enough, and he can throw. I say, keep him next game and see what happens by halftime.

Sounds good to me!

Marcus
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
I gotta agree with Vinny here. I've been the biggest Carr supporter there is on this board, but I was honest with myself and saw things with Sage that I've never seen Carr do.

Rightnow
10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
I have gone out of my way to give Carr the benefit of the doubt and even defend him. He is done in my book. I hope Kubiak keeps Sage in until he loses the starting job.

If Sage doesn't do well we are going to have a losing season anyway and we should draft a new QB.

Carr is a great family man, good in the community, nice as can be and has a great deal of physical talent. He just can't win here in Houston. Perhaps somewhere else he will become a pro-bowler and lead a team to a superbowl, but I have zero confidence in him.

Sage played a fantastic game and made Carr look like a bumbling fool. Kubiak was right to bench him. I hope Carr stays benched and is traded for some picks. Dallas needs a good QB as does Miami and a couple of other teams.

I think we can get at least a fourth and maybe a third round pick for him at the end of the season.

HoustonFan
10-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Rosenfels had garbage stats? Are you serious? So had the Texans got the onside kick and the TD to win would that still have been garbage?

So that's now how it went down, but Rosenfels did look better out there than Carr did. This is what Carr needed... some competition. And though it has only been 1 game, the guy has lookd more poised than Carr in all the games he has started this season.

Porky
10-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Okay, I am just about at the end of my rope. Kubiak just named Carr the starter for next week. This team, and these coaches have pushed me right to the edge. IS this some kind of test - testing my patience and loyalty? Rosenfels is the CLEAR starter next week, yet Kubes names Carr as the starter this soon? Gimme a break coach. I am so mad I am spitting nails. :crying:

Dime
10-29-2006, 04:47 PM

When did the ENTIRE (almost) THIRD AND FOURTH quarter become garbage time. Dumbest post of the day.

afcman
10-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Kubes names Carr as the starter this soon?

Is this true? :crying:

RDillon
10-29-2006, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Texans34Life;482749]I like his style of play compared to Carr's. He seems to be more poised in the pocket, doesn't do the short dump-offs, doesn't stare at the receivers, and has a bit more zip in his pass compared to Carr's. He actually takes a chance.
:yikes:

No lets start the janator

Big J
10-29-2006, 04:51 PM
David Carr had a really bad game. Carr being benched was 100% warranted and Im glad Kukiak did it.

But seriously, it was one bad game. He is not perfect. Do not set the bar so high, because he will never be a Peyton Manning. But DC is a good quarterback in my opinion and has a chance to bring his game to another level eventually.

Stop being so negative and wait to make judgement at the end of the season. If his consistency level drops and we dont have at least 5 wins, then you can talk crap. Until then shut up and let Kubiak try to fix the mental lapses DC still faces.

(I am not related to DC)

Porky
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
David Carr had a really bad game. Carr being benched was 100% warranted and Im glad Kukiak did it.

But seriously, it was one bad game. He is not perfect. Do not set the bar so high, because he will never be a Peyton Manning. But DC is a good quarterback in my opinion and has a chance to bring his game to another level eventually.

Stop being so negative and wait to make judgement at the end of the season. If his consistency level drops and we dont have at least 5 wins, then you can talk crap. Until then shut up and let Kubiak try to fix the mental lapses DC still faces.

(I am not related to DC)

Carr has 60 fumbles in 67 career starts. That's almost one per game. This is his 5th freakin year. Ya, let's have some patience right? Eventually he will learn and become a good QB right? How many of those 67 starts has Carr thrown three TD passes? Gimme a break. Carr has been given the benefit of the doubt so many times it's beyond ridiculous. I'm past the end of my rope. We as fans deserve, and frankly, should demand better. How can our voices be heard? Can we mount a phone and/or email campaign to voice our displeasure. Because I am telling the Texans now. Nobody is more loyal than me. But even I don't have unlimited amounts of patience. Five years of garbage is enough. Sage showed enough today to start next week. After that, then we can make a real and true evaulation. If they insist on continuing down this road, I am going to have to rethink my extreme fandom.

Goldeagle
Lets take a look at how the Carr haters have been and why Im just shaking my head at a few of you people. And by all means, please feel free to shake your head back at me and others like me, its the internet lol

CARR

Hes been sacked over 200 times :DAVIDS FAULT

More dropped passes than any other QB: DAVIDS FAULT

Defense gives up 500 yards in each of the first 3 games: DAVIDS FAULT!

Charlie Casserly makes a comment that it will take 3 years to develop an OL so he wont draft one: DAVIDS FAULT

Gaffney, and Bradford Carrs #1 but mostly #2 and 3 are not in the league: DAVIDS FAULT! (though I think Gaffney is "finally" on with the Patriots"

Wells, David Carrs first RB not in the league :DAVIDS FAULT

9-11 happens:: Well, Im sure Osama Bin Carr had a plan in it

I would not mind the Carr haters on this game, but its been the start of this year and last year that makes me not believe in the Houston fan. You cry wolf long enough....

Dr. Toro
DC deserves some chances to win a competition and earn that spot. He's been great at times, but often his play is inexcusably bad. It's his job to lose. I like that Kubiak has made it clear that he can lose the job. I'm also glad that Kubiak is holding him responsible for the sacks... you can read the scouting reports from Fresno and they say the same thing that everybody sees now, he holds onto the ball too long and doesn't have a good feel for the pass rush. I wish DC the best and hope he can get better. At the same time I am happy Kubes is creating an atmosphere centered on accountability and production. He's made it clear that some things aren't acceptable.

All that being said, Sage looked like a very capable QB. He threw two perfect balls to AJ, the TD pass was beautiful and the ball to the corner of the endzone was impressive. The Titans were giving us the underneath stuff, but he did show the ability to hti a few seams down the field. May the best man win.

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
10-29-2006, 04:59 PM

(I am not related to DC)

Agreed! Carr has been making good progress up until today, this was a disaster across the board. Special teams giving up a retund for a TD, blocked FG, poor blocking, Carrs butter fingers. Last week gave people false imnpressions of how far this team has come under Kubiak. We are moving forward but there are going to be some serious growing pains along the way

Porky
10-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Lets take a look at how the Carr haters have been and why Im just shaking my head at a few of you people. And by all means, please feel free to shake your head back at me and others like me, its the internet lol

CARR

Hes been sacked over 200 times :DAVIDS FAULT

More dropped passes than any other QB: DAVIDS FAULT

Defense gives up 500 yards in each of the first 3 games: DAVIDS FAULT!

Charlie Casserly makes a comment that it will take 3 years to develop an OL so he wont draft one: DAVIDS FAULT

Gaffney, and Bradford Carrs #1 but mostly #2 and 3 are not in the league: DAVIDS FAULT! (though I think Gaffney is "finally" on with the Patriots"

Wells, David Carrs first RB not in the league :DAVIDS FAULT

9-11 happens:: Well, Im sure Osama Bin Carr had a plan in it

I would not mind the Carr haters on this game, but its been the start of this year and last year that makes me not believe in the Houston fan. You cry wolf long enough....

And the line threw a ball into quadruple coverage, while locking onto one receiver. The line gave up 4 sacks with Carr in the game, but somehow didn't give up a single sack with the backup in. I guess the line only hates Carr and loves Rosenfels. I guess it was a line conspiracy when Carr fumbled twice in key situations. I thought I saw Chester Pitts run back and strip the ball. Well, you have convinced me. Great points.

texflex513
10-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I am one of the biggest carr:homer:s on this board and i still have confidence in him but one cant help to wonder how sage would do starting a full game.

MAVERICK2910
10-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Sage looks good. He seems poised. Hes not skittish like Carr.

MAVERICK2910
10-29-2006, 05:30 PM
When Carr gets back to throw - Who knows what hes going to do? Its aggravating to watch him! Even the simplest throws are scary.

Marcus
10-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Carr has 60 fumbles in 67 career starts. That's almost one per game. This is his 5th freakin year. Ya, let's have some patience right? Eventually he will learn and become a good QB right? How many of those 67 starts has Carr thrown three TD passes? Gimme a break. Carr has been given the benefit of the doubt so many times it's beyond ridiculous. I'm past the end of my rope. We as fans deserve, and frankly, should demand better. How can our voices be heard? Can we mount a phone and/or email campaign to voice our displeasure. Because I am telling the Texans now. Nobody is more loyal than me. But even I don't have unlimited amounts of patience. Five years of garbage is enough. Sage showed enough today to start next week. After that, then we can make a real and true evaulation. If they insist on continuing down this road, I am going to have to rethink my extreme fandom.
Get's my vote for the emptiest threat of the day award. Good Job!:shoot:

afcman
10-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I feel bad for Carr. I really do. I don't feel he's had a team around him to let him grow. But football is tough. I think he needs a break.

I would start Sage. If it works then it works. It doesn't really matter why. This is football.

Porky
10-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Get's my vote for the emptiest threat of the day award. Good Job!:shoot:

It's not an empty threat. I don't make empty threats.

austintexanite
10-29-2006, 05:46 PM
dumb move if that happens

Merlin
10-29-2006, 05:48 PM
I think Carr showed his true self today when he got pulled. Could he acknowledge the fact that an int and 3 fumbles later that he might be having a bad day? No he went to the sidelines and pouted, sitting off by himself. Did he cheer when his team got a TD? No. Did he participate in discussions with Kubiak and Sage and do what he could to get his team a win? No. He was self-centered and childish in his response. Certainly not a team player and most certainly not the leader he is expected to be. You can pick out a few stats here and there but the bottom line is we've lost with him for four years and we're losing here again. I fail to see the logic of sticking with this another year to see something I have little confidence that we will ever see out of Carr.

rmartin65
10-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Delhomme was a career back up until he found his grove in Carolina.:twocents:

There are exceptions to every rule. Sure there are people like Delhomme but generally backups are backups for a reason.

Dr. Toro
10-29-2006, 06:15 PM
There are exceptions to every rule. Sure there are people like Delhomme but generally backups are backups for a reason.

HOF backups/throwaway exceptions are Steve Young, Warren Moon, Brett Favre and Tom Brady... Hasselbeck and Trent Green and Marc Bulger and Rex Grossman and Jon Kitna aren't awful either. Just because the guy hasn't played or wasn't given the keys to the franchise on draft day doesn't mean he doesn't have HOF game or can't be a good QB in this system. For every Palmer or Manning there's a Delhomme or Brady.

Marcus
10-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I think Carr showed his true self today when he got pulled. Could he acknowledge the fact that an int and 3 fumbles later that he might be having a bad day? No he went to the sidelines and pouted, sitting off by himself. Did he cheer when his team got a TD? No. Did he participate in discussions with Kubiak and Sage and do what he could to get his team a win? No. He was self-centered and childish in his response. Certainly not a team player and most certainly not the leader he is expected to be. .
Not to pick nits, but how did you know that he didn't cheer when they scored, or didn't participate in discussions on the sidelines?

Porky
10-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Not to pick nits, but how did you know that he didn't cheer when they scored, or didn't participate in discussions on the sidelines?

Were you watching the TV? :ok:

JDizzle
10-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Sage got sacked 0 times with the same line. As far as pocket presence/awareness goes, Carr doesn't hold a candle. Sage stretched out a couple of plays today where Carr would have probalby eaten the sack and / or fumbled. I will gladly trade a few rating points for a pocket-savvy QB who makes $6 mil less.

Marcus
10-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Sure was. Caught a few shots of him holding his shoulder pads, but other than that, I didn't see anything that showed that he didn't cheer when they scored, or didn't participate in any discussions. Not saying it wasn't the case, but I'm just wondering what you''re going by other than that network feed.

TexansJunkE
10-29-2006, 06:41 PM
I've been a Carr supporter since the Fans started to question it. I had excuses from:
1. He has no O-line
2. He has only AJ.
3. He has no running game
4. When he has time he puts the ball on the money.
5. He has no coaching
6. He has no weapons

I'm tired of making excuses after today, and It's time for us to stop making excuses. Trust me I know, I wanted nothing more to say to all the nay sayers out there "Look Carr is the answer." Time to face reality for me and the rest. Some people keep saying that Sage is just a filler and he has only got trash stats. Then what does Carr have? Ladies and Gentlemen it's offical..............WE NEED A CHANGE!
Sage should be our QB until David show's that he is better. Heck even in preseason Sage looked Better.

phan1
10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh, man. I just don't know what to say here. On one hand, I want Carr to thrive and play well. On the other hand, Sage did look darn good. There are a couple things Sage does do better than David:

1) He has good pocket presesnce, unlike Carr who still has no pocket presence. This is almost a no-brainer. That Titans Dline really gave us all we could handle, and Sage was able to move a bit and make it work for him. He was able to buy himself time and find someone open. I have NEVER seen Carr move around and buy time in the pocket. He's made some throws just as the pocket collapses, but that's it. For all his "mobility", it doesn't mean squat unless you have some pocket presence (like Vick).

2) Carr still doesn't throw deep over the middle. C'mon guys, we've seen this guy in action for 4 years, and it just doesn't happen. Sage looked like he threw more times over the middle than Carr has in 4 years. I just feel like if Carr was in there for that 4th quarter instead of Sage, he wouldn't have been able to make those throws that Sage did.

All that being said, we do have to start Carr next week. We have to find out what this guy is made of cause we invested a whole lot of money in him. All that being said, this QB controversy is good for Carr and good for this team. It's really a win-win situation. We can see if Carr can compete and earn that starting job, and if he's going to be game next week. Either way, our team ends up with a better QB, no matter who it is. But it's not like our team is going to the playoffs this season. If Sage keeps outperforming Carr, he will be our starting QB. But he has to wait just a bit longer...

Malloy
10-29-2006, 06:52 PM
I think Carr showed his true self today when he got pulled. Could he acknowledge the fact that an int and 3 fumbles later that he might be having a bad day? No he went to the sidelines and pouted, sitting off by himself. Did he cheer when his team got a TD? No. Did he participate in discussions with Kubiak and Sage and do what he could to get his team a win? No. He was self-centered and childish in his response. Certainly not a team player and most certainly not the leader he is expected to be. You can pick out a few stats here and there but the bottom line is we've lost with him for four years and we're losing here again. I fail to see the logic of sticking with this another year to see something I have little confidence that we will ever see out of Carr.

For me, this is my biggest problem with Carr.

texan's blue
10-29-2006, 07:12 PM
I've been a Carr supporter since the Fans started to question it. I had excuses from:
1. He has no O-line
2. He has only AJ.
3. He has no running game
4. When he has time he puts the ball on the money.
5. He has no coaching
6. He has no weapons

I'm tired of making excuses after today, and It's time for us to stop making excuses. Trust me I know, I wanted nothing more to say to all the nay sayers out there "Look Carr is the answer." Time to face reality for me and the rest. Some people keep saying that Sage is just a filler and he has only got trash stats. Then what does Carr have? Ladies and Gentlemen it's offical..............WE NEED A CHANGE!
Sage should be our QB until David show's that he is better. Heck even in preseason Sage looked Better.

I'm with ya on this one. Carr just doesn't look like an NFL quarterback and I can't make anymore excuses for him. Sage steps up and makes plays. PERIOD. I hope to see Sage start next week. I'm afraid it's just time for a change.

edo783
10-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Sage starting is a moot point. Kubes has already said that Carr is starting in NY.

rmartin65
10-29-2006, 08:02 PM
HOF backups/throwaway exceptions are Steve Young, Warren Moon, Brett Favre and Tom Brady... Hasselbeck and Trent Green and Marc Bulger and Rex Grossman and Jon Kitna aren't awful either. Just because the guy hasn't played or wasn't given the keys to the franchise on draft day doesn't mean he doesn't have HOF game or can't be a good QB in this system. For every Palmer or Manning there's a Delhomme or Brady.

Yes and no. Young, he was supposed to be pretty good. Did'nt he sign a 40yr contract in some other league? That must have showed some potential. Moon came from no where. Favre was drafted with the 33rd pick. That has some expectations. Brady was a suprise and Hasselbeck came from no where, but Holgrem(sp?) really liked him. Green was a late rounder. Bulger was a perfect fit for Martz. Grossman was a 1st rounder. Kitna was never a star, decent but never a star, or really above average. So, you did shoot some holes in my boat. But I still think that on a whole there is a reason why people are drafted where they are.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 08:02 PM

Man....best post I've seen all day, heck...all season. It speaks nothing but the truth. Give him what he deserves...the #2 spot.

CaptainPatriot
10-29-2006, 08:12 PM

Garbage time? Last I saw the starting D was in! If it was garbage time why was there an onside kick? 28-22 So if Texans won the onside kick DC would have been put back in?

Wolf
10-29-2006, 08:14 PM

yeah we all had the Carr cam on pay per view.

CMoak1982
10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Hopefully nobody takes this personal, but I really get tired of reading all the posts that say do this and that. The coaches are there for a reason, they paid their dues and put in their work, and I will respect their decisions. That doesn't mean we have to agree with them, but I'm sure there is a reason for what they do. Sage did have a good game, but it seemed like there was no pressure on him and Andre making catches he never makes. I have no doubt in my mind that Carr could do just as well if not better if the consistency is their when he's in. He was constantly pressured, and Sage was not. With that said it is inexcusable for the fumbles. I just saw a different team when Sage was in. I keep hearing its his poise and yada yada yada, and that he has the leadership ability and control of the huddle thats BS. We honestly have no idea of that and you can't judge that off of his limited time. Houston fans as a whole give up so easy on things, and harp on only the negative things. This is pretty much true for all of our sports. It disappoints me to see this. I agree with him getting benched but not with a journeyman back up to be our starter unless Kubes says so. We all know Carr is not a playmaker and probably can't win games by hisself but if our offense as a whole can play with as much consistency as they did when Sage is in we will be fine.

Mr teX
10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
I wish we'd just start Sage so these *****s waiting for this moment see that Sage is no better than DC. What DC is decent at Sage is garbage at & what Sage is decent at DC is garbage at. It's all just a trade off. If Sage becomes the starter & gets killed & starts to fumble & throw INT's then what will all you guys say?

Our O-line is and always was our problem, which is why i was pleased with what Kubes did in the draft with Spencer & Winston. He at least acknowledged it was the source of the problem (unlike Capers & co.). I don't see how people can just outright jump on DC when it has been proven that if the guy has time he can succeed.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 08:38 PM
I wish we'd just start Sage so these *****s waiting for this moment see that Sage is no better than DC. What DC is decent at Sage is garbage at & what Sage is decent at DC is garbage at. It's all just a trade off. If Sage becomes the starter & gets killed & starts to fumble & throw INT's then what will all you guys say?

Our O-line is and always was our problem, which is why i was pleased with what Kubes did in the draft with Spencer & Winston. He at least acknowledged it was the source of the problem (unlike Capers & co.). I don't see how people can just outright jump on DC when it has been proven that if the guy has time he can succeed.

You obviously think we need a game to have some substance. Well...look no further than today's game where Carr faced the same team Rosenfels did. A simple tag (QB starter/back up) is irrelevant. Performance speaks volumes.

Mr teX
10-29-2006, 08:44 PM
You obviously think we need a game to have some substance. Well...look no further than today's game where Carr faced the same team Rosenfels did. A simple tag (QB starter/back up) is irrelevant. Performance speaks volumes.

well if performance speaks volumes what about Carr's game last week? If you guys are simply willing to go with Sage b/c of his performance today. Sage had an advantage in that teams don't game plan for a back-up. i want to see how the guy performs when teams game plan to stop him, that's all i'm saying.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 08:50 PM
well if performance speaks volumes what about Carr's game last week? If you guys are simply willing to go with Sage b/c of his performance today. Sage had an advantage in that teams don't game plan for a back-up. i want to see how the guy performs when teams game plan to stop him, that's all i'm saying.

unfortunately...starting/franchise QBs are supposed to have good games consistently. The starting/franchise QB is supposed to demand confidence in him to get the job done week in-week out. Carr's done none of that. That's substance!

StrongArm08
10-29-2006, 08:56 PM

ya performance for 1 1/2 quarters......what else are you people basing your Sage campaign on?? I'll let the guy have his 20 mins of fame but we still LOST THE GAME. So in my opinion Carr is still the starter. He's been relatively consistent with the exception of two bad games.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 09:03 PM
ya performance for 1 1/2 quarters......what else are you people basing your Sage campaign on?? I'll let the guy have his 20 mins of fame but we still LOST THE GAME. So in my opinion Carr is still the starter. He's been relatively consistent with the exception of two bad games.

I'm just saying that Rosenfels has earned a shot, while Carr's been given chances like there's no tomorrow.

michaelm
10-29-2006, 09:05 PM

Signed,

Brad Johnson
Rich Gannon
Jake Delhomme
Trent Green

P.S. We've all been in a Superbowl... three of us started, one of us won it...

Oh, and on the garbage stats thing... that's just nonsense... Sage almost pulled out that game.
BTW, this is the very first post where I haven't defended DC. I have been behind him 100% in every single debate on this subject... he emabarrassed me today.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 09:07 PM
BTW, this is the very first post where I haven't defended DC. I have been behind him 100% in every single debate on this subject... he emabarrassed me today.
That's the same stance I take. I've always defended Carr....but today was it.

I want consistency and truth is, he's never shown that. Screw the stats...we want wins. He's lost cool points with me. Now...he must gain my respect and confidence cause after today, whatever I had of that with him was lost.

Mr teX
10-29-2006, 09:12 PM
unfortunately...starting/franchise QBs are supposed to have good games consistently. The starting/franchise QB is supposed to demand confidence in him to get the job done week in-week out. Carr's done none of that. That's substance!

Basically all you guys are saying is that you want to win. If Carr had a game like VY but the team won on a consistent basis no one would be complaining. And you're really reaching with the bold. How do you know that he doesn't have this? Kubes has already come out & said that there is no QB controversy Carr will start next week. Are you in the huddle or something?

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Basically all you guys are saying is that you want to win. If Carr had a game like VY but the team won on a consistent basis no one would be complaining. And you're really reaching with the bold. How do you know that he doesn't have this? Kubes has already come out & said that there is no QB controversy Carr will start next week. Are you in the huddle or something?

No, I'm a spectator....doing no different than scouts do. Are all professional scouts 100% correct in their analysis, are all coaches 100% on their analysis? NO...so just because I don't get paid to do it...doesn't discount my take on it.

In regards to just wanting to win....YES I WANT TO WIN. I want my QB to put us in a position to win, not in a position to lose as Carr did today.

Simply put....he lacks pocket presence, poise, skills to read defenses consistently, and worse of all....leadership skills. Sure...some in the team have said that he's starting to gain that....but, it's a front. If the teammates show the morale falling apart...then would the fans buy in the winning spirit? No... So, them saying that he's gaining the respect of the team means he either had it and lost it...or simply never had it at all.

Heath Shuler
10-29-2006, 09:20 PM
I like his style of play compared to Carr's. He seems to be more poised in the pocket, doesn't do the short dump-offs, doesn't stare at the receivers, and has a bit more zip in his pass compared to Carr's. He actually takes a chance.

Kubiak, KEEP HIM AS THE STARTER!!!!

I agree. Carr looked horrible.

Mr teX
10-29-2006, 09:27 PM
No, I'm a spectator....doing no different than scouts do. Are all professional scouts 100% correct in their analysis, are all coaches 100% on their analysis? NO...so just because I don't get paid to do it...doesn't discount my take on it.

In regards to just wanting to win....YES I WANT TO WIN. I want my QB to put us in a position to win, not in a position to lose as Carr did today.

Simply put....he lacks pocket presence, poise, skills to read defenses consistently, and worse of all....leadership skills. Sure...some in the team have said that he's starting to gain that....but, it's a front. If the teammates show the morale falling apart...then would the fans buy in the winning spirit? No... So, them saying that he's gaining the respect of the team means he either had it and lost it...or simply never had it at all.

You still didn't answer my question though, If Sage were to start & the same kind of crap is going on, then what? All i'm saying is that Sage gives us no more of chance to win than DC does IMO. the packaging is different for each, but 1 no greater than the other.

Trapped
10-29-2006, 09:34 PM
we should give Sage a chance. There were many QB's who were called "career back ups". Look at Jake Delhomme. btw. Jake took over the Panthers around the same age that Sage is now.

Im on the Sage Rosenfel bandwagon. He looked like Manning wit that number 18. no lie.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 09:55 PM
All i'm saying is that Sage gives us no more of chance to win than DC does IMO. .
Then that's exactly why you start Sage. Why do you think NFL teams play the QBs they play when injuries are not a factor? Cause that QB is whom they feel gives them the best chance to win!

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 09:56 PM
He looked like Manning wit that number 18. no lie.

Right on!

NJTexanFan
10-29-2006, 09:59 PM
It's funny how you can put the blame on one guy when the whole team looked horrible the only person i would give a game ball to is Wali Lundy, if i were the coach i'll fire everyone on the offensive line but hey why do that when everyone else scapegoat always seem to be David Carr, next thing you know lets get a new owner, you guys seem to never let me down

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 10:08 PM
It's funny how you can put the blame on one guy when the whole team looked horrible the only person i would give a game ball to is Wali Lundy, if i were the coach i'll fire everyone on the offensive line but hey why do that when everyone else scapegoat always seem to be David Carr, next thing you know lets get a new owner, you guys seem to never let me down

Nah man...here's the thing.

If there's no run game with Gado and Dayne...you say, perhaps it's the line...but after several games....there's still no run game. Then...with that same line...finally a guy like Lundy makes things happen two games in a row. What conclusion do you come up with? Seeing how Gado and how horrid Ron Dayne is, with his slow self, lacking vision....again, what conclusion do you come up with? That the line sucks...or Gado and Dayne sucks, and that Lundy is better? Just as we've come to conclude, it's not the line...but the backs as Lundy has had back to back games with respectable numbers.

Well in the same sense...with that same line, with the same team....Sage pinned his ears back, played with his back against the wall....settled for nothing less than execution. You saw what he did. It's something that we've never seen out of Carr, ever. Time is the only thing that slowed Sage down cause it sure as hell wasn't the Titans.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

Nbkan
10-29-2006, 10:19 PM
If the teammates show the morale falling apart...then would the fans buy in the winning spirit? No... So, them saying that he's gaining the respect of the team means he either had it and lost it...or simply never had it at all.

Not arguing with you, but it was nice to see that the team still fought back the whole game and didn't crumble. As for Carr I am now officially a fence sitter. I am going to wait and see. I may not trust Carr, but I believe in Kubes.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Not arguing with you, but it was nice to see that the team still fought back the whole game and didn't crumble. As for Carr I am now officially a fence sitter. I am going to wait and see. I may not trust Carr, but I believe in Kubes.

I agree on all accounts.

Scottyboy
10-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Attiudtude Reflects leadership.... Remember the Titans

Sage! Sagggee! Saggge !! Sagggee!

It's that time Houston, I'd hate to say it but Carr is Tim Couch! we just hoped to god it wasnt true, but look he lacks what the team needs! LEADERSHIP!!

Ryans I think will take on that responsabily, and become a true play maker on D very very soon...

Oh yeah ....to the guy who said Carr was a nice guy and all and cool, hes not that cool at all!!

h'e's actually kinda cocky, I've waited on him twice, and he acts like he's QB
Jack! He acted like it was a big deal to sign my shirt, b/c i didnt have paper.
who cares, and he only left a 10% tip for superb service! :spy:

Texans34Life
10-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Kubiak should pull a Parcells and bench Carr.

Give Sage a chance in a full game. If he fails, then we can blame Casserly and Kubiak for all this QB crap.

rockabilly
10-29-2006, 11:11 PM
I cant beleive im saying this, but....I want Sage to start against NY.

I am a Carr supporter. I am sorry...but looking at Sage work just shows that something is not right at the QB position.

Rosenfels had 3 TD's and brought us back IN A QUARTER AND A HALF to where a TD wins us the game.

I honestly beleive that if Sage had 1 more minute to work with or hell even one timeout, we would of saw a Texans victory, making it a highlight reel comeback.

I dont think Carr would of done that. His balls are always tipped, he is fumble prone, and he panicks from the get go.

Sage looks like butter out there...nice and calm making the reads. He hit Johnson over the middle for a TD, Daniels over the middle for 2 TDs. How many over the middle TDs can you count for Carr?

I am just tired of seeing this team not be consistant. Give Sage a freakin chance. If Kub is gonna run with his "the best players will play" saga, you have to start Rosenfels. If he sucks, take him out and throw Carr back out there. If he does not play Sage after that performance it will not speak well for him. It is exactly the same thing as Capers keeping trying to play Hollings or Bradford.

Honoring Earl 34
10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
If Carr had trouble against the Titans ... he's gonna love the Giants pass rush .
Maybe Sunday will be a good day for a picnic instead of watching a buttkicking .

bah007
10-29-2006, 11:42 PM
You guys are so up & down on Carr it makes me sad.

Carr haters have been wanting this so they could say they were right.

Carr lovers are pissed & are giving up on him too easily.

He played horrible. He is still the best QB on our team. That is why he will start next week.

AustinJB
10-30-2006, 12:06 AM
In response to some of the things that are being said in this thread:

1. Yes, if Carr had a game like VY did and we won, I would have been happy. You know why? B/c VY didn't turn the ball over time and time again. He kept his team in the game and made a play or two when he had to. Which team had the rookie QB today?

2. Sage played with courage and was effective. We were very close to winning the game once he came in. He is calm, cool and poised. Garbage time?? Give me a break!

When you're down by 30-40 pts and you are playing against mostly back-ups b/c there is not enough time to get back in the game...and the your sole purpose is to gain respect and just simply make sure the score isn't so lop-sided.....THAT is garbage time. When you are engineering a comeback bid against the 1st string defense and you come up a little short....that is NOT garbage time.

3. All of the "but poor little Carr has a bad offensive line, that's why he's ineffective" talk should cease NOW. Sage came in and played behind the same horrible line, against the same defensive pressure from the same team and was far more effective. Carr--4 sacks, 2 fumbles, 1 INT, OTD....Sage--0 sacks, 0 fumbles, 1 INT, 3 TDs.

Enough said.

Goatcheese
10-30-2006, 03:16 AM
It's obvious that Sage has better pocket presence. What he doesn't have is better GAME presence. I sat there screaming at my TV for them to hurry up and stop wasting time, but Sage calmly wasted over a minute of clock and ultimately killed any chance for a comeback. Kubiak is partly to blaim for the poor clock management, but alot of it rests on Sage. You don't throw to the middle of the field with 3 mins left and down by 2 scores. You don't stand behind the center with 11 seconds left before the 2 minute warning and stare at the clock.

If they managed the clock better we could have gotten the ball back with atleast 1 minute left and some chance to move downfield. They didn't and we lost.

Another thing I don't like about sage is his accuracy. It seemed like every single pass was over thrown, underthrown, thrown behind the reciever or thrown out of their reach. AJ, Moulds and Daniels made some amazing catches on poorly thrown balls or Sage doesn't get all this praise. He just never seemed to hit his recievers in stride where they could make a play.

You can attribute Sages INT to his poor accuracy as he placed it behind AJ and he couldn't get around on it to make the catch. Should he have caught it? Absolutely! But Sage didn't help him any.

What did I like about Sage? As many have pointed out he has great pocket presence and moves around to avoid the presure like T.Brady. He is far and away superior to Carr here. Being poised in the pocket has alot to do with how defenses play against you. Carr was rattled by the preasure the Titans brought, so they came with more. Sage avoided the presure and kept looking down field trying to make a play and forced the titans to back off some.

He made some clutch throws and looked good at times, especially in the red zone and on the sideline pass to AJ.

His stats were very good, but some of you are over looking very important aspects of how he racked them up. When you're down late in the fourth quarter with 1 time out and need multiple scores the middle of the field is going to be open, alot. Why? Because they don't want you to gain yardage and stop the clock. They will give you the middle every time if it means you're going to burn 30+ seconds per play. This was ultimately what killed us.

I'm glad Kubiak is willing to hold everyone accountable and has the confidence in himself to bench the teams franchise quarter back. But I'm also glad Kubiak has the confidence in Carr to put him back out there after letting him know that his performance was unacceptable this week. It's important not just to Carr, but to the entire team to show that everyone is accountable for their play. No one can slack off and coast through the season like we've seen in the past or this coaching staff will make a change.

It's a shame that a change at the QB position has overshadowed some great play from the rest of the team today. Mario sacked VY, we held them to under 200 yards of offense, only gave up 2 scores on defense, the running game really clicked today, etc. I left the game with more hope for this season than I had going in despite the loss. Why? Because we outplayed them, badly. I felt like after the game was over we could sit back and say "We beat ourselves today." What went wrong today was mistakes, and that can be fixed.

Carr should be motivated after this experience and get in sync with the rest of the team next week against NY. There are alot of positives for this team right now and having a good backup QB in Sage is one of them.

sleepwalker
10-30-2006, 06:17 AM
Even Andre turned the ball over...Benching Carr for the rest of that game shows me Kubiak means what he says...This will be good for Carr, he wants to win just like we all do.

If we benched all of our players for having a bad game we wouldnt have a pro team left...Carr is our best chance to win at the moment...He just had a bad game.

Things people are forgetting:
1. The Titans didnt spend all week studying game film on Sage.
2. Carr had a bad game, but he has gotten better at this offense.
3. Our breakdown in protection was the root cause of the sack/turnovers.

One positive thing I like about Sage is that he seems to be very calm in the pocket compared to Carr...However, he is not as mobile or accurate as Carr...I'm sticking with Carr.

I can't believe some of you want to start Sage in the Giants game.

brewhaus
10-30-2006, 06:31 AM
If we benched all of our players for having a bad game we wouldnt have a pro team left....

Kubiak might as well start benching them now because nothing short of a complete overhaul will really turn this team around. The "chemistry" ain't there for this group. Sure, there are a lot of talented individuals on the team but they do not play together. I think a core exists to build around but this team needs to be stripped down and built back up.....which means another 3 or 4 years of getting our a**es handed to us on Sunday. :twocents:

Goatcheese
10-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Kubiak might as well start benching them now because nothing short of a complete overhaul will really turn this team around. The "chemistry" ain't there for this group. Sure, there are a lot of talented individuals on the team but they do not play together. I think a core exists to build around but this team needs to be stripped down and built back up.....which means another 3 or 4 years of getting our a**es handed to us on Sunday. :twocents:

The defense has started to come together and have put together solid performances the last 2 weeks. No reason to think they can't continue to improve. The "chemistry" seems to be there for this group.

The offense has looked good at times but is inconsistent. Carr looked like a potential Pro bowler going into this week and the running game has finally started to come alive. AJ and Carr have had great chemistry as can be seen by AJ leading the league in receptions.

As long as they keep ignoring the fans, especially the A.D.D. afflicted people on this board, and do what they believe is best for the success of this franchise we should continue to improve.

real
10-30-2006, 09:44 AM
I want Carr to start...Not because I think he is the answer...but at this point I'm tired of the unsure attitude when it comes to Carr...i say give him the whole season, and if he fails he fails... we can move on...

Bullpen Drew
10-30-2006, 09:48 AM
funny how all the attention is off of Mario this week...I bet he is lovin it.

Start Sage Rosen-romo...

Bench David Bledsoe...

SBTexans08
10-30-2006, 09:50 AM
I want Carr to start...Not because I think he is the answer...but at this point I'm tired of the unsure attitude when it comes to Carr...i say give him the whole season, and if he fails he fails...and we can move on...

I'll buy that. After this season...we can finally make a fair analysis of him. Before...without a coaching staff, without an O-line (supposedly), without a capable game-plan.....no one could be sure whether he was it or wasn't. After this season....we'll know for sure. I'll feel much better that way. Before this season...that uncertainty would have always been in the back of our minds..."what if....".

SBTexans08
10-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Start Sage Rosen-romo...

Bench David Bledsoe...

LMFAO!!

Mr teX
10-30-2006, 10:08 AM
In response to some of the things that are being said in this thread:

1. Yes, if Carr had a game like VY did and we won, I would have been happy. You know why? B/c VY didn't turn the ball over time and time again. He kept his team in the game and made a play or two when he had to. Which team had the rookie QB today?

2. Sage played with courage and was effective. We were very close to winning the game once he came in. He is calm, cool and poised. Garbage time?? Give me a break!

When you're down by 30-40 pts and you are playing against mostly back-ups b/c there is not enough time to get back in the game...and the your sole purpose is to gain respect and just simply make sure the score isn't so lop-sided.....THAT is garbage time. When you are engineering a comeback bid against the 1st string defense and you come up a little short....that is NOT garbage time.

3. All of the "but poor little Carr has a bad offensive line, that's why he's ineffective" talk should cease NOW. Sage came in and played behind the same horrible line, against the same defensive pressure from the same team and was far more effective. Carr--4 sacks, 2 fumbles, 1 INT, OTD....Sage--0 sacks, 0 fumbles, 1 INT, 3 TDs.

Enough said.

fact of the matter is, VY's stats 9 out of 10 times aren't going to be enough to win games on a consistent basis in the NFL, it was just enough yesterday b/c he played us. Yeah he didn't turn the ball over, but he was damn close a couple of times, it's just our defense couldn't capitalize. Then you guys would be complaining that he isn't doing enough.

As for the 2nd bolded, It is no secret that we play our best in the 4th quarter of every game largely b/c we are always down but to say that Sage faced the same pressure is crap. The titans were protecting the lead at the beginning of the 4th qtr. so really they had prevent d on.

Roughnecks
10-30-2006, 10:17 AM
He should make them come in today and run no day off this week. Yes I am being real make them come in and run till they puke the Oline for sure or he can make them watch how they protected they will make them puke I know it made me. I take up for these guys every week no matter how bad they play but man it is getting hard to shift through the crap and defind what they did. If it were the Giants, Bears or some team like that then it wouldn't be hard to take those are better teams but the Titans we should have beat.

DarkNinja
10-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Carr sucks, it is a shame that even when Sage steps in and shows that this offense can move the ball without throwing one yard passes every down. Carr is done!!! I was rooting for the guy, but he is a choke artist. VY 1 rushing TD, 1 passing TD, no mistakes! Sage 3 TD's and 1 int that should be credited to AJ. Sorry fellas, Carr is done long live Sage! Oh Sage AVG 10.3 yards per pass, David Carr had 7.5 yards per pass. And Sage does not sit in the pocked and pat the ball for 5 min he rolls and moves when he feels pressure. I am not trying to piss you Carr fans off but the facts are facts, we have the best chance to win with Sage!

I agree, that used Carr sucked since the franchise started and supposed to have a QB rating of 97? What the hell? Kubes say "He is a David Carr guy"....LmAo. Hey Kubes, put that broke Carr in the garage with Super Mario for the next 3 years on his contract....Ha!:fireball:

Cjeremy635
10-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Wow, these were some crazy posts to read through, but I'm going to try to be the voice of reason here and let some of you see how my brain works. Here are some various points we really need to look at because they are relevant to the future of this franchise and our QB:

1) Those of us who are saying that DC did not support the team or Sage is incorrect. I thought the same thing and was just as pissed off as you all until I heard his interview this morning on 610. David said that it was the toughest thing that he ever went through (being pulled) and that he was supporting Sage and the team and not trying to feel sorry for himself. They specifically asked him about the camera only showing him with his hands hanging on his shoulder pads and looking like he was sulking and he said that's not how it was. He said that he was high-fiving Sage when he came off the field and that there was technical difficulties with the radios and that's why he was staying away from Kubes, so he could hear the play and Kubes could get the play out to the QB. So, I was corrected as well about him sulking on the sideline.

2) Sage did look better than Carr. I have supported Carr just as much as the next guy, but I know what my eyes saw and there was a different player back there today that put up 3 tds against a defense that gave Carr trouble all day. I saw times where Sage stepped up or to the side in the pocket and avoided pressure where I felt Carr would have probably taken a sack in that same situation. I would start Sage next week, but it's not my job to make those calls and my job also doesn't hang in the balance of these crazy decisions.

3) For those of us who are screaming to bench Carr, we need to look at this scenario. I am not saying that this team thinks that Carr is the answer for the future. However, if we bench him at this point, there will probably be no one who will give us a first round pick for him. Yes, I still think he's worth that to some team out there. If we let him play this year out, keep good stats, his trade value will stay high and we may be able to get a high first vs. a 2nd or 3rd if he becomes a back-up for the rest of the year. I don't know what they are going to do, but I have to trust them in their vision of the "big picture" because they know a lot more than I do.

I understand that our patience is getting thin. I was screaming at the TV yesterday and was hollering at David the whole time just as many of you were probably doing the same thing. I agree that we need to expect/demand better out of our team that we pay for. Having said that, I also feel that this organization expects just as much or more than we do as fans. This isn't one of those owners that wants to put a mediocre product on the field and sucker us into believing that this is the best that they can do while he pockets the money that he could have spent of free agents and high draft picks. For those of you who are threatening to stop following this team, you need to remember what it was like when we didn't have a home team to cheer for anymore. To this day, I am still scared that Mr. McNair will throw his hands up at all of the booing fans and say, "forget it. I tried to give you something to cheer for and tried to build a winning franchise and all you can do is complain and boo."

bah007
10-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Most people on this board think that Carr is the worst QB in the league (not me).

If so, then how could we get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him?

kingh99
10-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Most people on this board think that Carr is the worst QB in the league (not me).

If so, then how could we get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him?

We can't. He's that restaurant you see for sale on Hempstead Highway. Who the hell is going to pay for someone else's cash flow nightmare?

bah007
10-30-2006, 11:45 AM
We can't. He's that restaurant you see for sale on Hempstead Highway. Who the hell is going to pay for someone else's cash flow nightmare?

I know.

The Carr bashers are standing up & saying the usual stuff.
"Carr sucks"
"He's horrible"

"Now lets trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder so we can get something from him."

That is kind of conflicting.

If he is really as bad as you say he is, then nobody would give us anything for him.

AustinJB
10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
I know.

The Carr bashers are standing up & saying the usual stuff.
"Carr sucks"
"He's horrible"

"Now lets trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder so we can get something from him."

That is kind of conflicting.

If he is really as bad as you say he is, then nobody would give us anything for him.

You just never know.....what did we give up for PBurnt again?

Tale Gator
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage came in the game and the Texans looked 100% better -- Sage was composed back in the pocket and made excellent pass after excellent pass.

Had Sage started the Texans would have won the game.

Hopefully if Boobiak has any sense and does start Carr he will be on a very short leash. Otherwise he is just being stubborn and costing our team wins.

real
10-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Man...can we get all this Sage>Carr threads merged...

Porky
10-30-2006, 01:36 PM

I agree, the entrenched starter is always better than a little known backup that was drafted low.

Signed,

Tom Brady

rmartin65
10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Signed,

Brad Johnson
Rich Gannon
Jake Delhomme
Trent Green

P.S. We've all been in a Superbowl... three of us started, one of us won it...

Oh, and on the garbage stats thing... that's just nonsense... Sage almost pulled out that game.

Yes. This has been brought to my attention, numerous times. Its just that people always want to look for the cinderella story when in most cases, it does not go that way. Sure, some QB's that were thought to be backups are really good. But others are not. Generally speaking, backups are backups for a reason.

I dont know about the garbage stats thing. But whenever Carr puts up good stats in the second half they end up being garbage stats.

afcman
10-30-2006, 04:07 PM
All of the "but poor little Carr has a bad offensive line, that's why he's ineffective" talk should cease NOW. Sage came in and played behind the same horrible line, against the same defensive pressure from the same team and was far more effective. Carr--4 sacks, 2 fumbles, 1 INT, OTD....Sage--0 sacks, 0 fumbles, 1 INT, 3 TDs.

You make a great point.

You know, if it's working, why mess with it? It doesn't matter why...it just is.

So keep on with what's working. But, NO! Back to Carr. We'll see.....

michaelm
10-30-2006, 04:16 PM
He looked like Manning wit that number 18. no lie.

Mad props to your hydroponicist, he's better at his job than you apparently think Sage is...

michaelm
10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Mario Williams sack count after 5 games...

1 ..........AND A HALF

Not sure if your pro/anti Mario or ambivilent, but I think a sig update is in order.

BTW, this is Big Mike... we met in Dallas. What's up, my man?

austintexanite
10-30-2006, 04:38 PM
It's obvious that Sage has better pocket presence. What he doesn't have is better GAME presence. I sat there screaming at my TV for them to hurry up and stop wasting time, but Sage calmly wasted over a minute of clock and ultimately killed any chance for a comeback. Kubiak is partly to blaim for the poor clock management, but alot of it rests on Sage. You don't throw to the middle of the field with 3 mins left and down by 2 scores. You don't stand behind the center with 11 seconds left before the 2 minute warning and stare at the clock.

If they managed the clock better we could have gotten the ball back with atleast 1 minute left and some chance to move downfield. They didn't and we lost.

Another thing I don't like about sage is his accuracy. It seemed like every single pass was over thrown, underthrown, thrown behind the reciever or thrown out of their reach. AJ, Moulds and Daniels made some amazing catches on poorly thrown balls or Sage doesn't get all this praise. He just never seemed to hit his recievers in stride where they could make a play.

You can attribute Sages INT to his poor accuracy as he placed it behind AJ and he couldn't get around on it to make the catch. Should he have caught it? Absolutely! But Sage didn't help him any.

What did I like about Sage? As many have pointed out he has great pocket presence and moves around to avoid the presure like T.Brady. He is far and away superior to Carr here. Being poised in the pocket has alot to do with how defenses play against you. Carr was rattled by the preasure the Titans brought, so they came with more. Sage avoided the presure and kept looking down field trying to make a play and forced the titans to back off some.

He made some clutch throws and looked good at times, especially in the red zone and on the sideline pass to AJ.

His stats were very good, but some of you are over looking very important aspects of how he racked them up. When you're down late in the fourth quarter with 1 time out and need multiple scores the middle of the field is going to be open, alot. Why? Because they don't want you to gain yardage and stop the clock. They will give you the middle every time if it means you're going to burn 30+ seconds per play. This was ultimately what killed us.

I'm glad Kubiak is willing to hold everyone accountable and has the confidence in himself to bench the teams franchise quarter back. But I'm also glad Kubiak has the confidence in Carr to put him back out there after letting him know that his performance was unacceptable this week. It's important not just to Carr, but to the entire team to show that everyone is accountable for their play. No one can slack off and coast through the season like we've seen in the past or this coaching staff will make a change.

It's a shame that a change at the QB position has overshadowed some great play from the rest of the team today. Mario sacked VY, we held them to under 200 yards of offense, only gave up 2 scores on defense, the running game really clicked today, etc. I left the game with more hope for this season than I had going in despite the loss. Why? Because we outplayed them, badly. I felt like after the game was over we could sit back and say "We beat ourselves today." What went wrong today was mistakes, and that can be fixed.

Carr should be motivated after this experience and get in sync with the rest of the team next week against NY. There are alot of positives for this team right now and having a good backup QB in Sage is one of them.

nicely put

dat_boy_yec
10-30-2006, 04:47 PM
I guess I'll throw my two cents in on this one. I usually try to avoid this subject because it's beaten to death on a weekly basis, but I think this is getting ridiculous.

1. Comments on Carr skulking like a child. How hypocritical. You want him to watch the game and take something away from it. How is he going to do that if he's talking to everyone else? Did it ever occur to anybody that those shots of him were taken when the offense was on the field. How can he support Sage when he's on the field or any of the other guys on offense for that matter. Ever think they didn't focus on him when the defense was out there because he's not a part of that defense.

2. Carr only had one bad game. This is false he also had a horrible game at Dallas. Anyone wanna really know why he struggled so much yesterday it should be clear. He put all the pressure on himself. He wanted to win those games too much. He put all the pressure on himself and couldn't relax. He probably forced every pass because he thought they were the best bet before the ball was snapped. Every other game he seems more relaxed and let's the play develop and takes what the defense gives him. He needs to stop trying to live up to expectations and just do his damn job. Every game is the same do your job that's all there is too it. Don't treat any game as if it's special don't worry about having to win it because they're the old Houston team or their the other team in Texas. Just do what you're supposed to do and everything else will take care of itself.

3. Sage played better than Carr yesterday. Yeah I gotta agree with this. However that's not a leap of the imagination as Carr just plain sucked yesterday. It's easy to make comparison's on the same day and come away with an impression, but only a half to make a judgement is too soon. You wanna know why I think Sage did better than Carr yesterday. It all boils down to simple logic really. Sage was relaxed he wasn't wound up as tight as Carr was. He came in and just did his job. He didn't put any extra pressure on himself. I would like to see Sage play more before I make a judgement on if he's a better overall QB, but yesterday he was. The reason I say this is I've yet to see Sage pass on the roll outs on the move.

In closing I think alot of people need to calm down and realize that Sage is still the veteran here. Of course he's going to have more poise he's had more time to perfect it behind various other QB's in different situation's. He's never had to bear all the fan bases expectations so it's easier for him to relax. Carr's had five yrs. under pressure so he doesn't know how to relax. I dunno how Kubiak plans to fix this, but Carr has all the tools and after five yrs. one would think he'd be used to the pressure, but nobody really knows what goes on inside his head. I say start him next week and if he messes up pull him again for a longer period and give Sage some time as the starter. Then give Carr another shot at starting and see if that does something for him. Carr's problems are in his head I say give him till the end of the season and then make an educated guess on the situation.

michaelm
10-30-2006, 04:53 PM
I guess I'll throw my two cents in on this one. I usually try to avoid this subject because it's beaten to death on a weekly basis, but I think this is getting ridiculous.

1. Comments on Carr skulking like a child. How hypocritical. You want him to watch the game and take something away from it. How is he going to do that if he's talking to everyone else? Did it ever occur to anybody that those shots of him were taken when the offense was on the field. How can he support Sage when he's on the field or any of the other guys on offense for that matter. Ever think they didn't focus on him when the defense was out there because he's not a part of that defense.

2. Carr only had one bad game. This is false he also had a horrible game at Dallas. Anyone wanna really know why he struggled so much yesterday it should be clear. He put all the pressure on himself. He wanted to win those games too much. He put all the pressure on himself and couldn't relax. He probably forced every pass because he thought they were the best bet before the ball was snapped. Every other game he seems more relaxed and let's the play develop and takes what the defense gives him. He needs to stop trying to live up to expectations and just do his damn job. Every game is the same do your job that's all there is too it. Don't treat any game as if it's special don't worry about having to win it because they're the old Houston team or their the other team in Texas. Just do what you're supposed to do and everything else will take care of itself.

3. Sage played better than Carr yesterday. Yeah I gotta agree with this. However that's not a leap of the imagination as Carr just plain sucked yesterday. It's easy to make comparison's on the same day and come away with an impression, but only a half to make a judgement is too soon. You wanna know why I think Sage did better than Carr yesterday. It all boils down to simple logic really. Sage was relaxed he wasn't wound up as tight as Carr was. He came in and just did his job. He didn't put any extra pressure on himself. I would like to see Sage play more before I make a judgement on if he's a better overall QB, but yesterday he was. The reason I say this is I've yet to see Sage pass on the roll outs on the move.

In closing I think alot of people need to calm down and realize that Sage is still the veteran here. Of course he's going to have more poise he's had more time to perfect it behind various other QB's in different situation's. He's never had to bear all the fan bases expectations so it's easier for him to relax. Carr's had five yrs. under pressure so he doesn't know how to relax. I dunno how Kubiak plans to fix this, but Carr has all the tools and after five yrs. one would think he'd be used to the pressure, but nobody really knows what goes on inside his head. I say start him next week and if he messes up pull him again for a longer period and give Sage some time as the starter. Then give Carr another shot at starting and see if that does something for him. Carr's problems are in his head I say give him till the end of the season and then make an educated guess on the situation.

I'll be one of the first to admit that my emotions got the better of me, and I wanted change for the sake of change, but I am a bit calmer now.
I agree with what you're saying here. I think DC should be the starter until the end of the year. If the running game has some productivity like it has, maybe he will start to have faith in it and not think he has to win games by himself...

swtbound07
10-31-2006, 08:15 AM
I've stayed away from these boards for a few days, because I knew it was going to be crazy here. Its not a secret that Im not a David Carr fan. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Its not a secret that I have been calling for Rosenfels to get a CHANCE to start since the beginning of preseason. However, I don't understand the fans that are taking joy in David Carr's failures of this past Sunday. I found the entire ordeal to be gut wrenching. I don't want Carr to fail, I don't want the texans to lose, and I don't want the offense to look completely incompetent. I want to watch winning football. For all the stats that are being dragged out, for all the comparisons of Sage vs. David, I just have one question for you guys. At the time David was pulled, did ANYBODY think we had a chance to win the game? Did anybody feel like the Texans had a legitimate shot? Now when Sage drove for the last touchdown before the onside kick, did ANYBODY doubt that if we recovered, we stood a very strong chance of winning? I don't care about completion percentages vs. prevent defenses, I'll leave it to Vinny and others to dissect the game into its finest technically precise points. All I know is how I felt as a fan, and for the first time in awhile i felt HOPE. Teams in the NFL are going to trail at some point in a game, its pretty much inevitable. What seperates this team under Carr as opposed to this team under Sage is that at least for me, Sage gave me hope. Right now, I feel like when David starts against the Giants, we don't have a chance. Any given sunday need not apply here, we are just not going to get it done. I hope we do..i hope we win out every game from now on, soul to the devil be damned. I feel like if we fall behind, we never recover and you CANT feel that way about your offense and your team, its just downright horrible. We as fans don't necessarily need to win all the time, or even most of the time. I feel like our soul as fans thrives on hope, and its the responsibility of the staff to give us that. Hope that we can pull out a win when the going gets tough, hope that our team is progressing in the right direction, and hope that as a franchise we will eventually be able to hold our own with the other teams in the league as our equals. Now most people were realistic about our season, i personally predicted 4-12 or 5-11, but we all knew this wasn't a playoff year. However some games you should win just out of pride. We should beat the tennessee titans, and we should show up against the Dallas Cowboys. These are the games with intense, personal meaning to us fans, and they are talked about for years to follow. We deserve to have hope in these games. Gary is our coach, and its his perogative to start or bench whomever he chooses, and sports management degree aside, im not in much of a position to criticize, but I know that the Sage Rosenfels experience made me happy as a fan, and the David Carr Debacle made me feel like most sundays during the season have during the past 5 years.

wolfscar
10-31-2006, 08:48 AM
DC deserves some chances to win a competition and earn that spot. He's been great at times, but often his play is inexcusably bad. It's his job to lose. I like that Kubiak has made it clear that he can lose the job. I'm also glad that Kubiak is holding him responsible for the sacks... you can read the scouting reports from Fresno and they say the same thing that everybody sees now, he holds onto the ball too long and doesn't have a good feel for the pass rush. I wish DC the best and hope he can get better. At the same time I am happy Kubes is creating an atmosphere centered on accountability and production. He's made it clear that some things aren't acceptable.

All that being said, Sage looked like a very capable QB. He threw two perfect balls to AJ, the TD pass was beautiful and the ball to the corner of the endzone was impressive. The Titans were giving us the underneath stuff, but he did show the ability to hti a few seams down the field. May the best man win.

Well said - on all that. Carr's coaches at Fresno and the previous staff in Houston hold a lot of the responsiblity for allowing DC to go four years in the NFL with the same bad habits. Years one to four were spent standing still or going backwards. This has to be looked at as year one - for everybody.

Rosenfels is a great backup - but you can't proclaim him the Chosen One on the back of one good half. Maybe he is capable of starting, but maybe he's not. Carr has earned his place this season and the team is JUST now starting to look like a team. Our defense is stepping up and restricting the yardage, our running game is starting to actually produce. It's madness to change things around when they're starting to work. Sure - if DC throws away a few more games then bench him and give Sage a chance. But he's been good. 94.3% QBrat. Andre Johnson leads the league in receptions and yards. I know they're just stats but they come from performances.

thunderkyss
10-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Its not a secret that I have been calling for Rosenfels to get a CHANCE to start since the beginning of preseason.

All I know is how I felt as a fan, and for the first time in awhile i felt HOPE. Teams in the NFL are going to trail at some point in a game, its pretty much inevitable. What seperates this team under Carr as opposed to this team under Sage is that at least for me, Sage gave me hope. Right now, I feel like when David starts against the Giants, we don't have a chance. Any given sunday need not apply here, we are just not going to get it done.

I'm not in the David Carr camp either, but.....

1st game of the season. Philly, when Glen Earl knocked that ball free, and Shatnee Orr picked it up, and ran it to the Hizzy... I had hope...

it got called back for a penalty.

Then David took off, got the corner, and picked up the first down with his feet.... I had hope.

But he stepped out of bounds.

Then Andre took off for the Corner, David put it up.... I had hope..

a defender knocked it out of the air.

When David threw three TDs in the 4th Qtr of the Indy game..... I had hope.

When David hit Aj three times in a row to move us down the field against Washington..... they couldn't stop us.... I had hope.

When we beat Miami, I had hope.

When we went into the half against Dallas up 6-3, I had hope.

When we beat Jacksonville, I had hope.

When we basically had our way against Tennessee, and stopped TravisWho??, I had hope.

Kaiser Toro
10-31-2006, 08:58 AM
I've stayed away from these boards for a few days, because I knew it was going to be crazy here. Its not a secret that Im not a David Carr fan. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Its not a secret that I have been calling for Rosenfels to get a CHANCE to start since the beginning of preseason. However, I don't understand the fans that are taking joy in David Carr's failures of this past Sunday. I found the entire ordeal to be gut wrenching. I don't want Carr to fail, I don't want the texans to lose, and I don't want the offense to look completely incompetent. I want to watch winning football. For all the stats that are being dragged out, for all the comparisons of Sage vs. David, I just have one question for you guys. At the time David was pulled, did ANYBODY think we had a chance to win the game? Did anybody feel like the Texans had a legitimate shot? Now when Sage drove for the last touchdown before the onside kick, did ANYBODY doubt that if we recovered, we stood a very strong chance of winning? I don't care about completion percentages vs. prevent defenses, I'll leave it to Vinny and others to dissect the game into its finest technically precise points. All I know is how I felt as a fan, and for the first time in awhile i felt HOPE. Teams in the NFL are going to trail at some point in a game, its pretty much inevitable. What seperates this team under Carr as opposed to this team under Sage is that at least for me, Sage gave me hope. Right now, I feel like when David starts against the Giants, we don't have a chance. Any given sunday need not apply here, we are just not going to get it done. I hope we do..i hope we win out every game from now on, soul to the devil be damned. I feel like if we fall behind, we never recover and you CANT feel that way about your offense and your team, its just downright horrible. We as fans don't necessarily need to win all the time, or even most of the time. I feel like our soul as fans thrives on hope, and its the responsibility of the staff to give us that. Hope that we can pull out a win when the going gets tough, hope that our team is progressing in the right direction, and hope that as a franchise we will eventually be able to hold our own with the other teams in the league as our equals. Now most people were realistic about our season, i personally predicted 4-12 or 5-11, but we all knew this wasn't a playoff year. However some games you should win just out of pride. We should beat the tennessee titans, and we should show up against the Dallas Cowboys. These are the games with intense, personal meaning to us fans, and they are talked about for years to follow. We deserve to have hope in these games. Gary is our coach, and its his perogative to start or bench whomever he chooses, and sports management degree aside, im not in much of a position to criticize, but I know that the Sage Rosenfels experience made me happy as a fan, and the David Carr Debacle made me feel like most sundays during the season have during the past 5 years.

I agree and do believe that there are players feeling the same thing, especially if they review the entire game again.

Honoring Earl 34
10-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm tired as a fan of devoting my Sunday afternoons to watch a game ... just to be disapointed . I know Dave's improving ... we're 4-19 the last two years .

In the process of elimanation , to troubleshoot our woes one guy gets a pass . Its always the OL,WR,coaching,or scheme .

I don't buy Dave's B.S standup guy crap " I wish I could play'em without pads " if you'd played with pads we'd have won easily . Talk and a nickle will buy a piece of gum thats it .

I'm almost over this ... its like a stomach virus .

QB75
10-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Garbage, total garbage. Tennesse stopped being agressive, Garbage stats. Thats all I heard about Carr.

Learn football.

michaelm
10-31-2006, 12:18 PM
For all the stats that are being dragged out, for all the comparisons of Sage vs. David, I just have one question for you guys. At the time David was pulled, did ANYBODY think we had a chance to win the game? Did anybody feel like the Texans had a legitimate shot?

Of course I did. It was a 14-3 game when Sage took his first snap. Lundy already had over 100 yards with 12:30 left in the 3rd. We were moving the ball at will against them, but there was a team-wide foot shooting conspiracy going on... David was a big part of that, no doubt, but if we'd just played an average, clean NFL game from that point on, I have no doubt whatsoever that we WOULD have won that game... unfortunately, even after Sage came in, we didn't play that clean game, or he would have won it too.

TPIMP
10-31-2006, 01:42 PM
... and what has Carr had?? Great completion %? Sure, who wouldn't if your average attempt was 2 yards?

Most of Carr's "great" stats have come AFTER the game was well in hand by the other team.

???????
David Carr 6.9 Yards/Att
Sage Rosenfels 7.1 Yards/Att

All Sage's stats have come when the game was out of hand. Sage made some nice plays Sunday, but make no mistake he was throwing agianst a prevent defense.

Texan_Bill
10-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Sage had opportunities to win the starting QB position in Miami when everyone in the league knew that they needed someone at the position badly. He looked great in pres-season there, he came off the bench a few times there and looked great.... Why didn't he win out the position???

'Cause its like the 6th man in basketball, or a releif pitcher coming in early for the starter that was struggling. It happens in football too....

JDizzle
10-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Sage had opportunities to win the starting QB position in Miami when everyone in the league knew that they needed someone at the position badly. He looked great in pres-season there, he came off the bench a few times there and looked great.... Why didn't he win out the position???

They went with Culpepper. Worked great, didn't it? Now Harrington starts for them. Since taking over he's led them to an 0-3 record and played poorly. Somehow I think they would be willing to give Sage a look right about now.

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Just three miles from the rest stop,
She slams on the brakes,
She says "I tried to be but I'm not, so could you please collect your things?"

She said "while you were sleeping i was listening to the radio and wonderin' what you were dreamin' when it came to mind that i didn't care..."

JDizzle
10-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Just three miles from the rest stop,
She slams on the brakes,
She says "I tried to be but I'm not, so could you please collect your things?"

She said "while you were sleeping i was listening to the radio and wonderin' what you were dreamin' when it came to mind that i didn't care..."

What do old Matchbox 20 songs have to do with this discussion?

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-31-2006, 07:45 PM
What do old Matchbox 20 songs have to do with this discussion?

Nothing

texan_fan_8
10-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Sage came in the game and the Texans looked 100% better -- Sage was composed back in the pocket and made excellent pass after excellent pass.

Had Sage started the Texans would have won the game.

Hopefully if Boobiak has any sense and does start Carr he will be on a very short leash. Otherwise he is just being stubborn and costing our team wins.

I walked away for a few days to get some perspective but you know reading these posts reminded me of one thing. We didn't see just 2 Qs of sage. We won the 3 preseason games he played. We lost the one david carr played.

The evidence is mounting i just hope Kubes is not blinded by the $8 million decision to keep carr.

I also am thinking Sage is special. Kinda does remind me of tom brady. Spencer Tilman said the same thing and like i said it also in preseason.

Now i hear some of you saying preseason blick. But have we ever gone 3-1 in preseason no. Go back look @ them. Carr was rushed sloppy no pocket presense blah blah in his pre season starts ...watching carr in Aug or oct they all look the same

Also you all act like he had one bad game. I think you need to start couting because there have been DC fumbles in almost every game this season. some times 2 and three times. Other than Jacksonville last week. I think he's been pretty bad in every game this season. I find myself complaining and yelling about him every week.

Dead man walking
10-31-2006, 11:04 PM
I agree DC, is damaged goods, if we would of picked a decent O-Line, and started Banks in the first year, and let DC grow like McNair did with the Oilers, he might of been the QB, we all wanted, but 5 years is long enough, it is either now or never, I am sorry DC is not responding to Kubiak like he is supposed too. We need a new QB, if we want the play offs.

Texas
10-31-2006, 11:55 PM
Yea and lets bench Lundy and put in Seth Payne...hahah jp

RT2
11-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Sage was blitzed by the Titans no more than 4 times and that was with a 5 man rush. The Titans played vanalla when Sage came in. I re-watched the game just to see how he did and he did well almost pre-season like. Our tackles should be on a bus out of town. Salaam was horrible and Weigert wasn't much better. Winston play well at LT on the last drive in place of Salaam who I think was benched also. I am no David Carr fan but on the INT into quad coverage he did not see it he was getting hit low and should have taken the sack. On the first fumble he was hit backside by Wiegerts man as Vanden Bosh. Wiegert ole'd on the block and should've held him to save his QB. On the second fumble Carr was hit by Salaams man LaBoy and Wiegerts man Vanden Bosh at the same time causing the fumble. I believe 3 player were benched Carr, Salaam and Sheppard and if we had another tackle Wiegert would have been #4.

rmartin65
11-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I am sorry DC is not responding to Kubiak like he is supposed too.

Who said he is not? Carr is doing better than Plummer did in his first year under Kubiak.

thunderkyss
11-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Sage was blitzed by the Titans no more than 4 times and that was with a 5 man rush.

David Carr's first fumble was on a four man rush. His second was on a five man rush.

& that INT..... what's wrong with throwing it away??

TexansLucky13
11-01-2006, 02:41 PM
that INT..... what's wrong with throwing it away??

David made a perfect throw into triple coverage. If you watch the footage you will see that it would have landed right in his hands if that fourth man in coverage hadn'tve made a play on the ball. David made a calculated error when he made the throw in that he did not think the fourth man would pick up on it, but he did.

I wonder if someone was wide open on the other side of the field, though....

thunderkyss
11-01-2006, 03:48 PM
David made a perfect throw into triple coverage. If you watch the footage you will see that it would have landed right in his hands if that fourth man in coverage hadn'tve made a play on the ball. David made a calculated error when he made the throw in that he did not think the fourth man would pick up on it, but he did.

I wonder if someone was wide open on the other side of the field, though....

That was a nice throw..... I believe if he had put more zip on it, and less air, he would have beat ChrisHope, and AJ would've caught that ball.

but I was asking the question to the guy who said David should've took the sack on that one.

& there was no one else in the field. AJ was the only option.

JDizzle
11-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Sage was blitzed by the Titans no more than 4 times and that was with a 5 man rush. The Titans played vanalla when Sage came in. I re-watched the game just to see how he did and he did well almost pre-season like. Our tackles should be on a bus out of town. Salaam was horrible and Weigert wasn't much better. Winston play well at LT on the last drive in place of Salaam who I think was benched also. I am no David Carr fan but on the INT into quad coverage he did not see it he was getting hit low and should have taken the sack. On the first fumble he was hit backside by Wiegerts man as Vanden Bosh. Wiegert ole'd on the block and should've held him to save his QB. On the second fumble Carr was hit by Salaams man LaBoy and Wiegerts man Vanden Bosh at the same time causing the fumble. I believe 3 player were benched Carr, Salaam and Sheppard and if we had another tackle Wiegert would have been #4.

The two Carr fumbles were against a 4 man rush. If you go back and watch the plays, Carr drops back and sits while the edge rushers get shoved right into him. A few steps up like he's supposed to do and that doesn't happen. I am no QB coach but I would think once you see the edge rushers disappear from your periph then you might want to scooch up some.

cuppacoffee
11-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Nothing

Precisely what you add to this forum.

DeclanJr
11-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Carr is a bum and his sidearm throwing motion has got to go. I predict that he will be benched after the Giants game. The guy hasn't produced at all since he's been here! We need to adress this in the draft.

MissouriTexan
11-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Carr is a bum and his sidearm throwing motion has got to go. I predict that he will be benched after the Giants game. The guy hasn't produced at all since he's been here! We need to adress this in the draft.

This year is going to be Carr's last chance to prove he's the man for this team, but until the year's over, I'm all for experimentation at the QB position; we all know this is a rebuilding season as Kubiak desperately tries to undo Caper's damage.

real
11-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Carr is tied for the leauge lead for fumbles lost...

HJam72
11-01-2006, 10:09 PM
I got it!!!

Carr has a great passing percentage but he fumbles too much, so all we need to do is having him take a 1 step drop and fire away! It's just like what that genious Pendry wanted him to do! :rolleyes:

Honoring Earl 34
11-01-2006, 10:20 PM
No he is not! It's the offensive linemen's fault!!

:sarcasm:

Well ... I know we have'nt blame the ball yet . Maybe the ball does'nt like his hand . :shoot:

Texanfan4ever
11-02-2006, 11:52 AM
:rofl:

I expect that excuse by next week.

I like "it was his Dad's fault" from one of the other posts.

infantrycak
11-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I like "it was his Dad's fault" from one of the other posts.

I think that was an allegation rather than an excuse but it was hilariously bad either way.

tsip
11-02-2006, 02:03 PM
That was a nice throw..... I believe if he had put more zip on it, and less air, he would have beat ChrisHope, and AJ would've caught that ball.

but I was asking the question to the guy who said David should've took the sack on that one.

& there was no one else in the field. AJ was the only option.

OK, I'm having a problem with the notion that 'AJ was the only option.'...another poster said AJ was the only one on a pass pattern. What happened to all these 'choices' the QB was suppose to have on every play to throw the ball to?:brickwall

thunderkyss
11-02-2006, 02:09 PM
OK, I'm having a problem with the notion that 'AJ was the only option.'...another poster said AJ was the only one on a pass pattern. What happened to all these 'choices' the QB was suppose to have on every play to throw the ball to?:brickwall

ON that play, AJ was the only WR in the formation, and both tightends stayed back to block.

Maybe one was supposed to release..... that would make sense, because it would have forced ChrisHope to cover him, & out of position to make the play.

DeclanJr
11-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Were you in favor of drafting Vince Young?

Originally I was after seeing the Rose Bowl game, but now that I think about it and having seen Young play...I am convinced that he is no better than David Carr. All that says about Carr is that he is no better than a rookie, but I think we have a better chance drafting someone like Kolb or Quinn(slightly overrated) in this upcoming draft. Just my :twocents:

AustinJB
11-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally I was after seeing the Rose Bowl game, but now that I think about it and having seen Young play...I am convinced that he is no better than David Carr. All that says about Carr is that he is no better than a rookie, but I think we have a better chance drafting someone like Kolb or Quinn(slightly overrated) in this upcoming draft. Just my :twocents:

This strikes me as a little funny. I'm not trying to be a smart @$ $ but you originally liked VY and now you don't b/c he is no beter than Carr...but he's a ROOKIE and Carr is in his 5th year!!

VY has helped his team to just as many wins as Carr has FWIW. Who cares if Carr has an incredible completion percentage!? He's turned the ball over how many times this year? Compared to how many by VY? I'm pretty sure it's not as many as Carr. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I can't find the stats) And they are both on bad teams so save me the bad Oline, dropped passes, etc. etc. routine.:cool:

infantrycak
11-03-2006, 12:06 AM
He's turned the ball over how many times this year? Compared to how many by VY? I'm pretty sure it's not as many as Carr. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I can't find the stats)

Neither is pretty. Carr has either fumbled or had the ball intercepted 7.8% of the time when he has dropped back to pass this year and VY has done it 7.9% of the time. Don't let those numbers fool you though because this isn't baseball and it really doesn't matter what they say--Carr is a stumbling, fumbling fool and VY is not making any mistakes.