PDA

View Full Version : QB change?

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 02:46 PM
What is the deal with this guy? Any good?

Bronco Texan
10-29-2006, 02:48 PM
no! horrible move by Kubes. Lets see your oline is getting manhandled and your QB is getting crushed. Maybe he did it so Carr wouldn't take a beating. We sucked today as a team, and Carr had nothing to do with it.

Hookem Horns
10-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Not really.

Vinny
10-29-2006, 02:53 PM
pick, but at least Rosenfels hit his wr downfield and wasn't an underneath toss or an immediate check down. Rosenfels stepped up in the pocket and put it on the money. AJ just dropped it.

valleytexfan
10-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Does everyone agree with this move?

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Yes he did, and Pac man FINALY got his first career INT! THANK GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

hot pickle
10-29-2006, 02:55 PM
i like the way sage throws.

that pick was on Andre

Bronco Texan
10-29-2006, 02:55 PM
pick, but at least Rosenfels hit his wr downfield and wasn't an underneath toss or an immediate check down. Rosenfels stepped up in the pocket and put it on the money. AJ just dropped it.

I find it ironic that you give kudos to Sage on that play when in return you guys would find a way to blame David for that.

Vinny
10-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Does everyone agree with this move?

Kubiak obviously thinks something counter to the majority of the people defending Carr.

rafterticket
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Kubiak obviously thinks something counter to the majority of the people defending Carr.

I'm a Carr guy, but after that second fumble, my first thought was "pull him".

I just want them to pull their heads out and win. Right now I don't care who they put on the field to do it.

austintexanite
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't agree with it at all, David hasn't played bad today, it's the offensive line that has been hurting us on pass protection. We're running the ball pretty damn good, it's our pass protection that's hurting us.

Bronco Texan
10-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey if Sage comes in and wins us this game then I'll be all for him to lead this team in weeks to come. I just dont see it. I like David, I think he is better than Sage but I am also open to the fact that Sage might just do the job better. Lets see. Also it isn't like Carr was doing horrible. What is the guy to do block and play QB at the same time?

kbourda
10-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't agree with it at all, David hasn't played bad today, it's the offensive line that has been hurting us on pass protection. We're running the ball pretty damn good, it's our pass protection that's hurting us.

I guess the "pass protection" is failing Sage as well. Oh boy.

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 03:06 PM
I am really suprised that you guys have not gone to A jonson sooner

TexansLucky13
10-29-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm a Carr guy, but after that second fumble, my first thought was "pull him".

With Carr guys like you, who needs Carr bashers?

Kubiak made a coaches decision that any good coach would have made. I don't like it but I know it was something he had to do.

Bronco Texan
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Soooo...now we rebuild with a new QB? Because if David can't lead us to a SB I highly doubt Sage could. So who do we draft next year? Or do we sign someone in FA? Chris Simms? Gosh...what do we do now?:rolleyes:

Goldeagle
10-29-2006, 03:21 PM
AMazing when a QB gets time to throw the ball.

Oh well, from here on out its Garbage time for Sage, so any stats dont count.

The Dream
10-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Seriously could it get any worst....VY has outplayed him, Sage has outplayed him, and Carr has just sucked...I'm personally enjoying it.

TexansLucky13
10-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Go away

The Dream
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM
The only thing that needs to go away is Carr....I just find it ironic that he would have his worst game of the season and possibly of his career in a game where we're facing the guy that we passed on in the draft.

TexansSeminole
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Carr continues to be very inconsistant.

NEROtheZERO
10-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Seriously could it get any worst....VY has outplayed him, Sage has outplayed him, and Carr has just sucked...I'm personally enjoying it.

VY is completing something like 35% of his passes. I'll take getting outplayed like that every Sunday.

I wonder if this move is motivational for Carr or if this could be a glimpse into our future.

wrestler4life
10-29-2006, 03:36 PM
With fans like you guys, we should let Carr go somewhere where he can be appreciated and not berated for every little thing that he does. 80-90% of the teams in the league would take him.
Why don't you guys bash A. Johnson, who has dropped passes that he gets paid to make.

Vinny
10-29-2006, 03:37 PM
With fans like you guys, we should let Carr go somewhere where he can be appreciated and not berated for every little thing that he does. 80-90% of the teams in the league would take him.
Why don't you guys bash A. Johnson, who has dropped passes that he gets paid to make.Most of us are fans of a team more than a fan of any one player. Some of us just think that if we get good QB play this team won't be a laughing stock. It's a huge difference of opinion, but not bad fans.

NEROtheZERO
10-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Why don't you guys bash A. Johnson, who has dropped passes that he gets paid to make.

I've been a Carr suporter for his career in Houston but his two fumbles and interception are inexcusable. The fact that he would land on another team or Andre's play is irrelevant. Carr simply did not show up today and was rightly pulled from the game.

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Well Rothwhatever does look better than Carr....he just burned both our LBs....We need a MLB like none other.

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I am rather disappointed in Henry

gjmac2
10-29-2006, 03:45 PM
I think David Carr has offically been put on notice. This move more than any other proves to me that Kubiak is the right man for the job.

Kubiak is true to his word. If you don't produce, you will not play. No, this pathetic performance is not all David Carr's fault, but we need a leader at QB who won't fold when things aren't going our way. That's why the move was made.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 03:46 PM
I think David Carr has offically been put on notice. This move more than any other proves to me that Kubiak is the right man for the job.

Kubiak is true to his word. If you don't produce, you will not play. No, this pathetic performance is not all David Carr's fault, but we need a leader at QB who won't fold when things aren't going our way. That's why the move was made.

FYI go check Plummbers first game with the Bronco's under Kubiak

Goldeagle
10-29-2006, 03:47 PM
ANything Sage does is garbage.

Thats what I heard. Tennesse is no longer aggressive, and its all garbage time.

To bench Carr is a joke. AJ #80 (how many passes he drops) should be benched as well, along with Weigert and Salaam.

TexansLucky13
David Carr is still our QB

the wonger need food
David choked... no other way to describe his performance. Biggest game in franchise history and David choked it away.

Goldeagle
10-29-2006, 03:48 PM
David choked... no other way to describe his performance. Biggest game in franchise history and David choked it away.

I would have thought the first game against Dallas was our biggest?

TexansLucky13
10-29-2006, 03:48 PM

I would like some of what you are smoking please!

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 03:51 PM
THe refs have blown a lot of calls this game. That roughing the passer call on KVB when he sacked the QB, that catch by bennett. There should be an age limit on refing.

Rightnow
10-29-2006, 03:53 PM
There is a good chance Carr is benched until Sage does bad.

gjmac2
10-29-2006, 04:00 PM

I'm not saying that Carr is not the man for the job, but Kubiak has been very consistant with what he expects from David Carr. Kubiak wants a leader on the field, and to be honest, we did not see that today.

Granted, there have been several players who have stunk it up today, not the least of which is Andre Johnson. But if you or anyone can come up with a better explanation for pulling Carr, I'm willing to listen.

BTW, this is not Carr's first game under Kubiak. Including the preseason, it's his 11th game.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm not saying that Carr is not the man for the job, but Kubiak has been very consistant with what he expects from David Carr. Kubiak wants a leader on the field, and to be honest, we did not see that today.

Granted, there have been several players who have stunk it up today, not the least of which is Andre Johnson. But if you or anyone can come up with a better explanation for pulling Carr, I'm willing to listen.

BTW, this is not Carr's first game under Kubiak. Including the preseason, it's his 11th game.

well Carr has done well so far.. it has been the defense that has been horrible.. today defense did ok.. Carr stunk

guess Carr can't walk on water today.

Bronco Texan
10-29-2006, 04:06 PM

FYI check the rest after. FYI check how badly Plummer is playing this year without Kubes. FYI Kubes is one hell of a coach. Especially with QBs.

CarrIsFine
10-29-2006, 04:07 PM

Biggest game in franchise history......LOL. I think Carr will get the message loud & clear..............take your millions, put it in an account yielding 6%, save your knees & memory and watch Houston from the sky box with a Corona, all courtesy of Mr. McNair. That would be a great Corona commercial.

Goldeagle
10-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Notice how Kubiak treats Sage compared to Carr? Perhaps instead of yelling at Carr and benching him early in an important game is not the way to go.

Trade Carr, I dont want to deal with the QB Controversary here on out. Granted Sage only got garbage time stats.

Bronco Texan
10-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Granted Sage only got garbage time stats.

I'm sorry when was this game out of reach. I believe when Sage came in the game was still very much in reach.

JDizzle
10-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Notice how Kubiak treats Sage compared to Carr? Perhaps instead of yelling at Carr and benching him early in an important game is not the way to go.

I'm guessing Kubiak would have yelled at Sage had he turned the ball over 3 times, but he didn't.

Texanfan4ever
10-29-2006, 04:21 PM
First of all, they all were playing good until Salaam went down, and they sent winston in and carr was sacked twice back to back because Winston didn't do his job. Salaam came back in and made several mistakes himself, along with Aj. not to mention Shepard and whatever he was doing down there. Carr shouldn't have been benched alone. They all fell apart for a few minutes.

And i can promise you, kubes did that for a reason, and david will get his chance again.

grandslam1
10-29-2006, 04:25 PM
i wanna compare this to hockey. When a team is playing bad and is down , lets say 3 goals they pull the goalie to send a message to the entire team. unfortunately the goalie becomes the player who gets blamed. i see the texans situation the same way. David Carr had to be pulled to send a message to te tam. The radio brodcasters were saying that the entire team was out of sync and just hadn't showed up to play football
i also believe that Carr would have been able to throw at least two of those TD's that Sage threw.
The bottom line: Turnover. today the titans got 5 , the texans got 0

powerfuldragon
10-29-2006, 04:26 PM
i wanna compare this to hockey. When a team is playing bad and is down , lets say 3 goals they pull the goalie to send a message to the entire team. unfortunately the goalie becomes the player who gets blamed. i see the texans situation the same way. David Carr had to be pulled to send a message to te tam. The radio brodcasters were saying that the entire team was out of sync and just hadn't showed up to play football
i also believe that Carr would have been able to throw at least two of those TD's that Sage threw.

Rep.

TexansBull
10-29-2006, 04:33 PM

True. and the points were off those turnovers won the game for the tampons. QBs have games like this and they get bench. It was a good call by Kubes. Send a message. Loud. Clear. And Carr did have a bad game. Dont blame it on the oline or Johnson or whomever. He may not have costed the game, but the whole team stunk it up and were out of sync. The punt return comes to mind. We will see them twice a year and have another game this year.

TexansSeminole
10-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Biggest game in franchise history......LOL. I think Carr will get the message loud & clear..............take your millions, put it in an account yielding 6%, save your knees & memory and watch Houston from the sky box with a Corona, all courtesy of Mr. McNair. That would be a great Corona commercial.

Miles away from ordinary.

Wolf
10-29-2006, 04:35 PM
didn't our offensive philosophy change when we got behind?

someone pointed out more 3-4 WR sets.. I don't know

all I know is carr stunk today and Sage seemed like he made better reads(down the seam) later in the game

Wolf
10-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Sage made throws down the field, carr always dums the ball off. Sage is going to turn this season around! I think he fits the system much better. That is why Kuiak brought him in this year, in case Carr turns into what he has now become,Kubiak knew he would have his guy to step in!

if kubiak was so confident in sage.. Carr would not be a Texan right now, they would not have extended his contract

RDillon
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
I think the coach is sending a message. Dont loose the football. I am going to go outside and beat my head against the oak tree now!

Mr. White
10-29-2006, 04:45 PM
I think the coach is sending a message. Dont loose the football.

That's it. John Granato just asked him and he said as much.

tsip
10-29-2006, 04:47 PM

Trade Carr, I dont want to deal with the QB Controversary here on out. Granted Sage only got garbage time stats.

...guess if you say 'garbage time' enough, it will come true!! Our offense became one dimensional in the 2nd half, so it was easier for Tenn to defend against us---also, I don't care what time it is when you get 3 TDs.

Finally, what part of the game has Carr thrived in? Garbage time?...except today-unlike with Carr's stats coming late in the games--Titans had to keep playing their best players until the end..........

nunusguy
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Today Bud Adams looks like a genius for picking VY and Kubiak and owner
McNair, well neither looks like a genius for retaining DC and not drafting VY.
I imagine this is one of the best days ole Bud has had for a long time.
I've tried to be open-minded on the decision to retain Carr, though I admit to
leaning towards keeping him.
But today he stunk. Really stunk, and quite frankly we probably would have won the game had Sage started and played all 4 quarters. And we probably lost it because of mistakes Carr made while he was in the game.
Kubiaks decision to pull Carr may have been right, but there is a huge downside for him because it makes his wisdom of endoresing Carrs retention look very dubious right now.
Gonna be a very intersting week in H-town this week for the Texans.

tsip
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM
if kubiak was so confident in sage.. Carr would not be a Texan right now, they would not have extended his contract

IMO, Kubiak thought there was no way he could not turn Carr around--does he still believe that? Obviously, from pulling Carr today, Kubiak is no longer cutting Carr the 'newbie system/old regime' slack to perform at an acceptable level.

Too, Sage did some things today that Carr seldom does--first, he stretched the field and-second- he used the TE. JMO, but he seems more comfortable with the offense and is not 'cemented' in his 'progression' to Andre or dump down to an RB like Carr is...

Carr will probably start this week, but I believe the 'honeymoon' is over for his 'successful' developement to begin. He has started over 70 games (including pre-season) and still has some of the same 'bad habits' lingering from his first year.