PDA

View Full Version : Pac Man may have just gave the Texans a win

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 10:59 AM
He is being made to come to Baptist Sports Park for an urgent meeting with FReese, Fish and his agent....................word is he is going to be punished for being allowed to leave practice early this week because he had the "flu" and being cited last by Metro police for a 1 AM incident for spitting on a woman who did want to dance with a Thug............Maybe he was just trying to give her the flu?..........I hear Crown Royal in a club cures the flu..............................AJ could have a monster game now.................I hear the terms of the punishment may get the NFLPA involved...........................

kubs-elway
10-28-2006, 11:02 AM
He is being made to come to Baptist Sports Park for an urgent meeting with FReese, Fish and his agent....................word is he is going to be punished for being allowed to leave practice early yesterday and being cited last night at 1 AM for spitting on a woman who did want to dance with a Thug..........................AJ could have a monster game now.................

Pac Man is a waste, and not that good of a corner.

"I would rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother named Pac Man":hunter:

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 11:07 AM
this is the only thing you and I might agree on......................he defines human garbage.

TheRealJoker
10-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Forget Harrison vs Bailey

The best WR/CB matchup this week is Johnson/Hill!!! :redtowel:

Bubbajwp
10-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Chad Johnson and D Hall.

Dr. Toro
10-28-2006, 11:53 AM

Pacman seems to be a worthless individual... but the dude can play football. He's been a shutdown corner this year and excellent in the return game. If he ever grows up he'll be one of the best in the game. That's a big if. My sense of the situation is Fisher and Co. just put up with his crap now, because they know they need him on the field. They're just hoping he gets his act together.

This situation is horrible for Tennessee but great for the rest of the GMs. If somebody wanted Buchanon, Pacman will get snapped up in a second. If he ever grows up, some GM will look like a genius and Tennesse will look foolish. Tennessee has born all the risk to this point, by cutting him, somebody else gets all the postential return with minimal risk. Thus, they sit and hope.

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-28-2006, 12:07 PM

You don't know what you're talking about. He shut down Marvin Harrison, T.O., Santana Moss, Chris Chambers. He hasn't allowed a TD all season. He has been a shut down corner all season.

Vinny
10-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I think that Pacman Jones is a heck of a football player but a worthless slimeball, gangster, piece of _____ human being.

Yvette
10-28-2006, 12:17 PM
I really want to beat him up right now.

Hows that for intelligent football convo? :bag:

TexansLucky13
10-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Got a link?

Yvette
10-28-2006, 12:20 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061028/SPORTS01/610280353/1027

MasterC25
10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
You don't know what you're talking about. He shut down Marvin Harrison, T.O., Santana Moss, Chris Chambers. He hasn't allowed a TD all season. He has been a shut down corner all season.

He hasn't allowed at touchdown because all teams do is run the ball every down against you! Even Reggie Bush broke one on youlol:

Vinny
10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Got a link?Bongo is associated with the Titans....in a medical capacity....so he gets a bit of insider info.

here is a link for you if you want a bit of proof this isn't just invention...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3127&line=78666&spln=1

D-Vizzl
10-28-2006, 12:22 PM
If all y'all think this of "Pac-Man" maybe y'all should pray for him instead of writing him off---just my opinion though. By the way Pac-man is not a thug or gangsta he is a hoodlum and there really is a difference.

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-28-2006, 12:23 PM
He hasn't allowed at touchdown because all teams do is run the ball every down against you! Even Reggie Bush broke one on youlol:

You're not very funny....or clever

Vinny
10-28-2006, 12:24 PM
If all y'all think this of "Pac-Man" maybe y'all should pray for him instead of writing him off---just my opinion though. By the way Pac-man is not a thug or gangsta he is a hoodlum and there really is a difference.
I rally behind decent people...not selfish thugs. I see no difference in the monikers...all those selfish little men/children are in the same boat imo.

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Who goes to a club on a Thursday night? I'd be at home counting my millions of dollars or watching tape so I can make more millions of dollars.

Vinny
10-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Who goes to a club on a Thursday night? I'd be at home counting my millions of dollars or watching tape so I can make more millions of dollars.
if anything...money makes you more jaded...not less. I probably got into more trouble when I made 6 figures than I did/do when I make less money.

TexansLucky13
10-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Bongo is associated with the Titans....in a medical capacity....so he gets a bit of insider info.

here is a link for you if you want a bit of proof this isn't just invention...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3127&line=78666&spln=1

Muy thanks. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

TEXANRED
10-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I rally behind decent people...not selfish thugs. I see no difference in the monikers...all those selfish little men/children are in the same boat imo.

Didn't we have a thread about how the Texans needed some thugs and how we shouldn't always go after the decent citizen?

So how is that working out for teams like the Bengals and Titans?

Dr. Toro
10-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I do look forward to Lundy shredding up that D. It will be fun to watch a guy with considerably less natural talent, like Lundy, but who is from all accounts a fine young man dominate the game.

It's such a shame... Pacman is one of the 10 most talented guys in the game, IMO. For all the bonehead stuff off the field and bonehead personal fouls on the field, I get the sense Pacman is a guy that really fires the team up on Sundays. Such a fine line between greatness (on the field) and utter insanity, especially on the defensive side of the ball. LT, Ray Lewis, Pacman, Merriman, Haynesworth, Steve Foley are just a few names that come to mind.

spurstexanstros
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Im suprised Titan fan can use a message board. Just kidding... maybe. Why the heck do they have a team anyway. Thats right because a crazy old guy left the nations 4th largest city for the armpit of America. He moved 1500 miles but could not get the one yard for the title. Ironic isnt it? they draft Vince Young and expect people in Aggie central ( houston)to be pissed off. Then they propose that the Titans Defense could stop the leagues #1 passer and reciever. I thought the sale and consumption of moonshine was illegal

LBC_Justin
10-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Pacman seems to be a worthless individual... but the dude can play football. He's been a shutdown corner this year and excellent in the return game. If he ever grows up he'll be one of the best in the game. That's a big if. My sense of the situation is Fisher and Co. just put up with his crap now, because they know they need him on the field. They're just hoping he gets his act together.

This situation is horrible for Tennessee but great for the rest of the GMs. If somebody wanted Buchanon, Pacman will get snapped up in a second. If he ever grows up, some GM will look like a genius and Tennesse will look foolish. Tennessee has born all the risk to this point, by cutting him, somebody else gets all the postential return with minimal risk. Thus, they sit and hope.
a 1-5 team doesn't have a shut down corner. He is decent but not great.

Dr. Toro
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
If you shutdown Marvin Harrison, Santana Moss, and Chris Chambers, in close games and you play the cornerback position... I think that makes you more than decent. He's not Champ Bailey... but he's been exceptional in two big phases of the game.

TexansLucky13
10-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Im suprised Titan fan can use a message board. Just kidding... maybe. Why the heck do they have a team anyway. Thats right because a crazy old guy left the nations 4th largest city for the armpit of America. He moved 1500 miles but could not get the one yard for the title. Ironic isnt it? they draft Vince Young and expect people in Aggie central ( houston)to be pissed off. Then they propose that the Titans Defense could stop the leagues #1 passer and reciever. I thought the sale and consumption of moonshine was illegal

Since when is Houston Aggie central? I never see Maroon in Houston.... all I see that cursed burnt orange.

spurstexanstros
10-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Mcnair and Kubiak was what i meant. and isnt college station 45 mins away from houston?

D-Vizzl
10-28-2006, 12:54 PM

The difference is a thug would would hang his head in shame at some of the things he does, a thug isn't like, a thug would have just shot the girl in her a**. Pac-Man is a wannabe, he is taking on a role that he thinks is befitting to him, or one that makes him look cooler but he doesn't know how a real thug or gangsta would act and let me tell ya that doesn't involve spit leaving your mouth.

TexansLucky13
10-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Mcnair and Kubiak was what i meant. and isnt college station 45 mins away from houston?

College Station is within 175 miles of Austin, Dallas and Houston. It was built like that (before UT) for a reason. But yes it is closer to Houston than the others, 75 miles.

P.S. - McNair isn't an Aggie. :tease:

TEXANRED
10-28-2006, 12:56 PM
If you shutdown Marvin Harrison, Santana Moss, and Chris Chambers, in close games and you play the cornerback position... I think that makes you more than decent. He's not Champ Bailey... but he's been exceptional in two big phases of the game.

Everyone has shut down Chris Chambers this year, Moss had one above average season, and Harrison still got a TD. That wouldn't have been the TD that lost the game for the Titans would it? You have to be there for every down no matter the situation.

Pacman is having a better year than he did last year, however, you can take a thug out of the city.........................

mexican_texan
10-28-2006, 12:58 PM
The difference is a thug would would hang his head in shame at some of the things he does, a thug isn't like, a thug would have just shot the girl in her a**. Pac-Man is a wannabe, he is taking on a role that he thinks is befitting to him, or one that makes him look cooler but he doesn't know how a real thug or gangsta would act and let me tell ya that doesn't involve spit leaving your mouth.
How about we just call him immature and irresponsible?

spurstexanstros
10-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Try living in San Antonio burnt orange south. Fortunately there are plenty of aggies here. Plus they say that there are more cowboy fans here than in dallas. Horn fan and cowboy fan are tough to deal with here.

D-Vizzl
10-28-2006, 01:01 PM
It doesn't matter what term one uses to describe him. He has some real problems and prayer is probably the only thing that could help him. I'm sure if their are some devout Christians among the friends and family members that truly care about him then they are probably already praying for him. Unfortunately, many times it takes being literaly brought to your knees as your whole world falls apart for prideful individuals to straighten up. Hopefully for Jones, his family, and the Titans organization it won't have to come to that.

That is what bothers me about all sports, at WVU he had attitude and behavioral problems, but yet instead of humbling him and not taking him in the draft,and making him earn a roster spot, you instead take him top 10 which in turn tells him that the only thing that matters is playing ability. Then in the same breath you tell him to tone down his ways, well you knew what he was about already so it's crying over spilled milk if you ask me.:crying:

TexansLucky13
10-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Try living in San Antonio burnt orange south. Fortunately there are plenty of aggies here. Plus they say that there are more cowboy fans here than in dallas. Horn fan and cowboy fan are tough to deal with here.

They are tough to deal with anywhere, friend. :)

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 01:14 PM
You don't know what you're talking about. He shut down Marvin Harrison, T.O., Santana Moss, Chris Chambers. He hasn't allowed a TD all season. He has been a shut down corner all season.he gave up two Td's to TGlenn.............be accurate if youre going to talk shiyt!

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Everyone has shut down Chris Chambers this year, Moss had one above average season, and Harrison still got a TD. That wouldn't have been the TD that lost the game for the Titans would it? You have to be there for every down no matter the situation.

Pacman is having a better year than he did last year, however, you can take a thug out of the city.........................Harrisons TD came on Woolfolk................not Jones..............Jones only has given up TD's to Glenn. Not TO, Harrison, Moss, Coles, Wayne etc. I cant stand him but he has played better this yr. He belongs in jail though.

Dr. Toro
10-28-2006, 01:19 PM

Pacman is having a better year than he did last year, however, you can take a thug out of the city.........................

I think we could agree that he is developing into a shutdown corner. And I don't recall the situation on the Harrison TD, but 3 catches for 29 yards is pretty good D. Look, I'm not defending the guy as a person, I agree he's a punk and I'm happy our organization isn't high on high athleticism/low character guys like Tennessee and Cinci seem to be... but I'm just pointing out the dilemma Tennessee faces. They aren't fools over there, if he wasn't playing so well, he'd have been cut yesterday.

All that being said, I didn't expect him to shutdown AJ. Great receivers always beat great corners. If Pac doesn't play though, I think Houston should expect to put up 25-30 points. The worst run defense in the league + your #1 corner out vs. the hottest WR-QB connection looks pretty nasty.

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 01:22 PM
any Titan fan will tell you I am not an Adam fan................but he will be the best cover CB AJ sees all yr. That said AJ will hurt him at times but Adam will cover him alot better than you all think. The real weakness is Moulds on Hill....................that is like Baylor playing Ohio State.

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I just heard that his agent guarranteed Adam was not the guy to the FO.................so FR and Fish just fined him for lying about being sick and going out til 1 AM........................the money was over the 5 K but no one will say how much more....................I am told he will play...............so much for zero tolerance.

TexansLucky13
10-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I just heard that his agent guarranteed Adam was not the guy to the FO.................so FR and Fish just fined him for lying about being sick and going out til 1 AM........................the money was over the 5 K but no one will say how much more....................I am told he will play...............so much for zero tolerance.

Dang. So that's it huh? That sucks. I still think AJ will have a monster game....

LORK 88
10-28-2006, 01:38 PM
So was he covering Laverneus Coles when he dropped 150+ receiving yards, or Cotchery when he had 67 and a TD? TO had 88 yards, or was he covering Glenn who had 2 TDs? BTW, Harrison had a TD when Pac Man was covering him . . .

mike moffat
10-28-2006, 01:39 PM
That is what bothers me about all sports, at WVU he had attitude and behavioral problems, but yet instead of humbling him and not taking him in the draft,and making him earn a roster spot, you instead take him top 10 which in turn tells him that the only thing that matters is playing ability. Then in the same breath you tell him to tone down his ways, well you knew what he was about already so it's crying over spilled milk if you ask me.:crying:

You are exactly right. You've hit the nail squarely on the head. That is why I have been so anti -T.O.. Everyone knows what he is about, But, they still let him play in the NFL. Shame on Dallas for giving him millions of dollars. As for PacMan, what you see is what you get. A spoiled, nasty person that has had life given to him on a silver platter. He doesn't understand the meaning of "no". In my opinion, (which means nothing), he's a waste of oxygen.:brickwall

Dr. Toro
10-28-2006, 01:59 PM

Let's see... they turned on Volek for lying to the team this summer... and they slap Pac on the wrist for coming to work with "flu-like symptoms" the day after a night at the club and being excused from practice, then having that excuse blow up in their face in the national media... so much for consistency.
Dennis Rodman won 5 NBA Championships and Parcells sure put up with LT... production counts for a heckuva lot more than character in most coaches' eyes. If that were a backup or a marginal starter for any team in the league, he'd be cut for that type of disrespect/audacity. Unbelievable. But Fisher wants to win and so does Bud, so he's gotta play.

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 02:20 PM
So was he covering Laverneus Coles when he dropped 150+ receiving yards, or Cotchery when he had 67 and a TD? TO had 88 yards, or was he covering Glenn who had 2 TDs? BTW, Harrison had a TD when Pac Man was covering him . . .
it is true that Adam did not give most of that stuff up. It was hill and LT and the slot CB's.

rafterticket
10-28-2006, 02:33 PM

Sounds like he tried to shut down that bar, too.

How can you defend this guy? Who ARE you, and what kind of principles do you have? The man defended his face stomping teammate! Spit on a woman - are you going to defend him because he didn't hit her?

I don't know of anyone on this board that would, or possibly could, respect an organization for this.

Win or lose, I will take the Texans organization and fans any day, for their dignity.

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 03:28 PM
before you get high and mighty just remember the texans have had guys with issues too..................Marcus Coleman comes to mind.

rafterticket
10-28-2006, 03:38 PM
before you get high and mighty just remember the texans have had guys with issues too..................Marcus Coleman comes to mind.

Yeah? I think he got shipped out of town, too, didn't he?

thunderkyss
10-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I just heard that his agent guarranteed Adam was not the guy to the FO.................

Is this hillbilly for Pacman wasn't asked to meet with the front office today??

I'm a little confused as to what this is supposed to mean.

thunderkyss
10-28-2006, 03:50 PM
You are exactly right. You've hit the nail squarely on the head. That is why I have been so anti -T.O.. Everyone knows what he is about, But, they still let him play in the NFL. Shame on Dallas for giving him millions of dollars. As for PacMan, what you see is what you get. A spoiled, nasty person that has had life given to him on a silver platter. He doesn't understand the meaning of "no". In my opinion, (which means nothing), he's a waste of oxygen.:brickwall

This has nothing to do with Guys like Pacman. T.O. is a model citizen. He may be arogant, he may be brash, but he doesn't get in trouble with the law, and he isn't a millionaire thug.

He is about T.O., all about me, but he is one of the better WRs in the league ,and just like Chad Johnson, he backs up all his talk. He played in the SuperBowl even though every professional doctor said it would be impossible for some one to recover from the injury he had. People were yaking and talking about Terrell hurting the team if he played, but he had probably the best game of his career to that point. He pointed out the guy that did infact hurt the Eagles chances for winning the SB, you can say he was wrong for doing it, but you can't say he was wrong about what he said.

Some guys, you take the good with the bad, TO, Faulk, Ricky Waters, Charles Haley(??), Dione......

Some guys, it isn't worth it.

But you cannot put T.O. in the same category with Chris Henry, Adam Jones, and Stephen Jackson.

Bongo59
10-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Is this hillbilly for Pacman wasn't asked to meet with the front office today??

I'm a little confused as to what this is supposed to mean.his agent is telling the team it is a case of mistaken identity. IE it was not Jones who did it.

GuerillaBlack
10-28-2006, 03:58 PM
his agent is telling the team it is a case of mistaken identity. IE it was not Jones who did it.

That is what he is supposed to say.

Dr. Toro
10-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Sounds like he tried to shut down that bar, too.

How can you defend this guy? Who ARE you, and what kind of principles do you have? The man defended his face stomping teammate! Spit on a woman - are you going to defend him because he didn't hit her?

I don't know of anyone on this board that would, or possibly could, respect an organization for this.

Win or lose, I will take the Texans organization and fans any day, for their dignity.

I don't think anyone is defending him as a person... he was merely speaking to his play on the field. You wouldn't disagree with him if he said, "Kobe is an adulterous punk but he averages 30 ppg". That's all he's saying about Pac, not that he's a nice guy, but that he's a good football player. He has played like a young corner developing into a shutdown corner this year.

I am extremely proud of the Texans for trying to avoid these Faustian propositions (not to call Pacman the devil). The problem is once you invest the draft pick in a guy like Pacman or Chris Henry, you're held hostage. You've just gotta hope they stay out of trouble. Yes, they are punks, but they're so good and you've invested so much in them you keep em around. It's such a temptation... watch Pacman make plays tomorrow or Henry score a TD if Lewis plays him. The problem is equal parts their behavior and their talent. If you play em after they act up you damage the integrity of your organization, but if you sit em you end up damaging your chances of winning. There aren't many guys with bad attitudes and marginal talent... it always seems to be the superfreaks like Randy Moss... thus the dilemma.

Hulk75
10-28-2006, 04:10 PM

He sucks and he is an i-d-i-o-t, he is not any good and niether is your Titans team.

thunderkyss
10-28-2006, 04:22 PM
The problem is once you invest the draft pick in a guy like Pacman or Chris Henry, you're held hostage. You've just gotta hope they stay out of trouble. Yes, they are punks, but they're so good and you've invested so much in them you keep em around. It's such a temptation... watch Pacman make plays tomorrow or Henry score a TD if Lewis plays him. The problem is equal parts their behavior and their talent. If you play em after they act up you damage the integrity of your organization, but if you sit em you end up damaging your chances of winning. There aren't many guys with bad attitudes and marginal talent... it always seems to be the superfreaks like Randy Moss... thus the dilemma.

RandyMoss also doesn't fall into this category. PeterWarrick would. Supposedly trouble before coming into the league, but he's been a model citizen ever since (I think, I'm not aware of any trouble he got into)

Sure, Randy and others are problems in the locker room, but that is totally different, and something you should chance, if you've got a staff/locker room full of character guys.

People like PacMan, and PetterWarrick is totally different. I can't say how desperate a team would have to be to take one of these guys, but the chances for it working out is as good as the chances of it turning out badly.

Then you look at Ricky Williams, Michael Irvin, ShawnMerriman, and a bunch of other guys who were under the radar before the draft, then turned after they got into the league.

Dr. Toro
10-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Moss got in tons of trouble in college and has admitted to smoking pot as a pro "every blue moon", had that hitting a traffic cop with a Lexus incident in Minny, and has an agent that literally smokes crack. Moss takes plays off all the time, as well. And has pretty much said he's mailing it in this season. I think he fits this group pretty well.

T-Kyss... where he differs completely from Pacman, is that Moss is a hermit. He fishes and chills with himself all the time. Dude has absolutely no social life... so at least now he doesn't seem to be up to much mischief.

GuerillaBlack
10-28-2006, 04:32 PM
I would do that, too, if I was on the horrible Raiders for two years. I feel bad for the guy.

JDizzle
10-28-2006, 06:18 PM
As McClain says .... he's a jerk, punk, and a loser.

TexansLucky13
10-28-2006, 06:21 PM
As McClain says .... he's a jerk, punk, and a loser.

I thought that was what they say about McClain? :rolleyes:

jerek
10-28-2006, 06:28 PM

And he's going on 1 and a half seasons in the NFL without an interception. Shutdown corner my ass. He's a gifted athlete whose natural speed allows him to compensate for poor coverage skills, nothing more.

TexansLucky13
10-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm no fan of Jones, but his lack of interceptions is by no means an indication that he is not a shut down corner. A true shut down corner might never have a single interception in his career; because, the opposing Quarterback doesn't even attempt to throw the ball to the reciever he is guarding due to his ability to play super tight coverage. You see, he shuts down the opponent by not allowing him any receptions. That is what a shutdown corner is. It is entirely possible to lead the league in interceptions and not be a shutdown cornerback. Go check the interception stats for the cornerbacks that played opposite of Deion Sanders. I'll bet you will find that they each had some high interception numbers, and probably had more than Deion in some years. That is a factor of opposing Quarterbacks refusing to throw in Deion's direction.:twocents:

I completely disagree.

Champ Bailey is considered the definition of a shutdown cornerback, yet he has 11 INTs in the past year and a half.... as opposed to the ZERO that Pac-Man has.

Explain this one, please.

thunderkyss
10-28-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm no fan of Jones, but his lack of interceptions is by no means an indication that he is not a shut down corner. A true shut down corner might never have a single interception in his career; because, the opposing Quarterback doesn't even attempt to throw the ball to the reciever he is guarding due to his ability to play super tight coverage. You see, he shuts down the opponent by not allowing him any receptions. That is what a shutdown corner is. It is entirely possible to lead the league in interceptions and not be a shutdown cornerback. Go check the interception stats for the cornerbacks that played opposite of Deion Sanders. I'll bet you will find that they each had some high interception numbers, and probably had more than Deion in some years. That is a factor of opposing Quarterbacks refusing to throw in Deion's direction.:twocents:

Wrong....

He is not a shut down corner, unless he stops QB from going to the player he is covering. If you don't get the INTs & hurt the QB then QBs will continue to try you. If you, like Dione, would take that INT for six, numerous times, you earn the title "shutdown corner".

You might shut a reciever down for a game, you might shut down all recievers for a whole season...... then you are an excellent covercorner.

Dione would even get beat every now and again. He'd allow a catch in front of him. I remember watching him play as a Cowboy, and he let his guy catch the ball twice in a game. That third try, he took it for 6...... some people say he was setting up the QB... I don't know.

AMMOTITAN
10-28-2006, 09:26 PM
What is wrong with you fans? You know, I dont like Pac Man at times, but I do not let this dislike cover up the fact that he is a good player. For those of you who all you know how to type is "Titans Suck", without trying to discuss facts, or stats are ignorant fans. I dont know how ANY team that is 2-4 can tell any OTHER team that they suck. You want to argue about who SUCKS the worse...then lets go, but remember, I am going to come back here after we win 2marrow and quote all those who think the titans have no chance. I think it will be a close game and the team who can make the least mistakes will win. Hopefully that will be us because we are at home and our young team is getting better every week. Henry has shown what he can do, so the Texans should have no question about what our game plan is. I just will be suprised if they can stop it. What do the Texans rank in overall Defense? Someone remind me.....Someone also mentioned that Lundy will run all over us? Just like Portis? Or Addia? I am def looking forward to the game. I will end on the note of saying that I hope both of our squads will come out of this game with no injuries.

Hulk75
10-28-2006, 09:31 PM
What is wrong with you fans? You know, I dont like Pac Man at times, but I do not let this dislike cover up the fact that he is a good player. For those of you who all you know how to type is "Titans Suck", without trying to discuss facts, or stats are ignorant fans. I dont know how ANY team that is 2-4 can tell any OTHER team that they suck. You want to argue about who SUCKS the worse...then lets go, but remember, I am going to come back here after we win 2marrow and quote all those who think the titans have no chance. I think it will be a close game and the team who can make the least mistakes will win. Hopefully that will be us because we are at home and our young team is getting better every week. Henry has shown what he can do, so the Texans should have no question about what our game plan is. I just will be suprised if they can stop it. What do the Texans rank in overall Defense? Someone remind me.....Someone also mentioned that Lundy will run all over us? Just like Portis? Or Addia? I am def looking forward to the game. I will end on the note of saying that I hope both of our squads will come out of this game with no injuries.

Titans suck.:cool:

SBTexans08
10-28-2006, 09:35 PM

Truth is...many here are using it as a front. This game is a potential loss just as any game on our schedule do to the fact that the Texans have played well (meaning we still can't pencil in a win/loss anywhere on our schedule due to inconsistency) and so have the Titans. It's sad to say for us Texans fans, but...we're in the same league right now, and...due to the fact that we have Vince Young and Bud Adams to go against...we dread the possibility of having to be owned in our first meeting by them.

The Titans have every chance in the world to take us down. And that is the real deal.

chuckm
10-28-2006, 09:36 PM
I never liked Pac-man ..... I was much better at Mrs. Pac man .......

mexican_texan
10-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I never liked Pac-man ..... I was much better at Mr. Pac man .......
MS. PacMan?

AMMOTITAN
10-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Titans suck.:cool:

Well for as Bad as you think the Titans are....Houston is just as bad, if not worse? I'm not going to argue with you, your just an ignorant fan :brickwall who probably likes Houston because of the team colors or something to do with bulls :yikes: ...This will all be decided 2marrow.

AMMOTITAN
10-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I think the Texans Passing game is far better than ours. I think our Running game is better. On D, we are about the same, but I think our OLB are better, your DB's for the most part are a little better. At work when I tell people I am excited about this game, people tell me I am crazy, but at the same time, they say I am a titans fan so crazy is to be expected.

SBTexans08
10-28-2006, 10:19 PM
I think the Texans Passing game is far better than ours. I think our Running game is better. On D, we are about the same, but I think our OLB are better, your DB's for the most part are a little better. At work when I tell people I am excited about this game, people tell me I am crazy, but at the same time, they say I am a titans fan so crazy is to be expected.

Titans fan or Houston fan...we're on the same page.

thunderkyss
10-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Truth is...many here are using it as a front.

Please don't count me among the many in that group.

The Titans suck.

If PacMan is among their best...... then we ain't got nothing to worry about. Vince is cool, and I hope to get his autograph when he comes to Reliant, but he can't beat us by himself..... not even he & PacMan....... that's not enough.

Travis who??

thunderkyss
10-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Well for as Bad as you think the Titans are....Houston is just as bad, if not worse? I'm not going to argue with you, your just an ignorant fan :brickwall who probably likes Houston because of the team colors or something to do with bulls :yikes: ...This will all be decided 2marrow.

your is a word that shows ownership. Your book, your bag, your sorry ass team.

you're is a contraction(two words combined in an abbreviated form) of "you are"

Ignorant is a word that shouldn't be used by Titans fans when describing fans of other teams, especially when they used the wrong "your"

SBTexans08
10-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Travis who??

he's a major threat.

thunderkyss
10-28-2006, 11:01 PM
he's a major threat.

I'd like to see a guy pick up big yards for at least half a season (8 games) before I consider him to be a big threat. He's had a couple of good games against teams we know can't stop the run. He looks like Wali Lundy will after he runs all over the worst run defense in the league.

TexanFanInCC
10-28-2006, 11:51 PM
just for the record, i was more of a Mario fan than a PacMan fan growing up :fireball:

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-29-2006, 12:13 AM

No he didn't. T.O. got a 40 yard play against our other corner, Reynaldo Hill. Same with Marvin's TD. Pac-Man got hurt and had to sit out a play, so of course they threw to Marvin while Pac-Man was sitting out a play, and they scored....Nice try though. I think I know more about my own team than you do.

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-29-2006, 12:15 AM

Positive Rep coming your way. Everyone in this thread should read this. You are very smart sir!

For you Texans fans who haven't seen Pac-Man play this year: SHUT UP YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I'm saying this with all unbias: HE HAS BEEN A SHUT DOWN CORNER THIS YEAR.

Bongo59
10-29-2006, 12:16 AM
i told them that two pages ago and they chose to ignore it...............

YoungTexanFan
10-29-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm aware of all his physical abilities and what he has done as a player this year. He has been your brightest spot this year IMO, but has yet to grow up. He is an amazing football player who is a little off in the head. I'd still take AJ vs. Pac Man any day, but I may be just a little biased on that one.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 01:53 AM
I'd like to see a guy pick up big yards for at least half a season (8 games) before I consider him to be a big threat. He's had a couple of good games against teams we know can't stop the run. He looks like Wali Lundy will after he runs all over the worst run defense in the league.

Look man...whatever you're on, it's doing you more bad than good. He's clocked in a 1400 + yard season, followed by a 1300+ yrd one. After that, he was a back up followed by injury. The guy is obviously a threat and he's proven that the past two of their games. I'll just stop now with you. Why waste more of my time with foolishness. http://www.xgpgaming.com/forums/images/smilies/peace.gif

Dr. Toro
10-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Look man...whatever you're on, it's doing you more bad than good. He's clocked in a 1400 + yard season, followed by a 1300+ yrd one. After that, he was a back up followed by injury. The guy is obviously a threat and he's proven that the past two of their games. I'll just stop now with you. Why waste more of my time with foolishness. http://www.xgpgaming.com/forums/images/smilies/peace.gif

Never understood why Henry got such a raw deal in Buffalo, not too knowledgable of that situation. I think he sticks in Tennessee, UT guy, and LenDale isn't anything more than a change of pace, TJ Duckett type. Henry has looked like a bowling ball out there this year... he'll top 100 tomorrow.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Never understood why Henry got such a raw deal in Buffalo, not too knowledgable of that situation. .
The deal was McGahee. Henry didn't want to be the #2 back. After producing extremely well for Buffalo, he felt it was an act of disrespect to give a rookie the starting tag when he hadn't shown a thing, meanwhile Henry had.

Dr. Toro
10-29-2006, 01:51 AM
The deal was McGahee. Henry didn't want to be the #2 back. After producing extremely well for Buffalo, he felt it was an act of disrespect to give a rookie the starting tag when he hadn't shown a thing, meanwhile Henry had.

Right... that's why I don't understand... why draft a guy who got his knee shredded when you've already got a solid back... that's the raw deal I don't get. I guess McGahee was just the BPA, but EJ Henderson, Larry Johnson, LJ Smith, Mike Doss, Boldin, Tinoisamoa, Briggs and Umenyiora were all taken right after him in the late first and second. Sure glad we took Joppru over most of those guys... sorry to bring that up.

Tourist
10-29-2006, 02:57 AM
Travis who??

Last week, against the Redskins, Travis Henry rushed for 178 yards....more than any Texans RB has gained all year long.

Ron Dayne - 59 attempts, 167 yards
Wali Lundy - 36 att., 150 yds
Samkon Gado - 24 att., 77 yards.

In the last two games, Henry has rushed for almost as much yardage (308 yds.) as Lundy's and Dayne's season totals combined. (317 yds)

Travis who, indeed.

bigbrewster2000
10-29-2006, 06:42 AM

The Titans suck.

If PacMan is among their best...... then we ain't got nothing to worry about. Vince is cool, and I hope to get his autograph when he comes to Reliant, but he can't beat us by himself..... not even he & PacMan....... that's not enough.

Travis who??

You are making the rest of us look bad. Come on man our D is the second worse in the league so take off the homer mask. Whether you like it or not this game will be close. Remeber we are on the road not here. Travis Henry is a proven comodity, you act like he just got into the league or something.

When you say stupid things like "Travis Who??" you are the one that instantly gets the "Ignorant" tag.

wolfscar
10-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Come on man our D is the second worse in the league so take off the homer mask. Whether you like it or not this game will be close. Remeber we are on the road not here. Travis Henry is a proven comodity, you act like he just got into the league or something.

The run game could explode in all sorts of different directions today and I got no idea which way it'll go. We're looking at the worst run defense in the league against the worst rushing attack, with one good game under its belt led by an unproven back (or backs).
On the other hand we've got a run defense that's almost as bad against a rushing attack that's been on fire against poor D with a proven back who's only just now recovering his old form.

I think it comes down to the passing game, myself (and hence back to the original PacMan question). If we can establish the pass early, put up a lead and force the Titans to give up a chunk of their carries to pull the scoreline back, then Lundy/Gado put up good numbers. Otherwise, I reluctantly suspect that Henry will put up big, ugly numbers on us.

Let's just hope that Jones forgets to pull his head out of his ***** when he steps on the field, because he's all the Titans have deep. Between Johnson and Moulds I think we have more receiving weapons than they have answers to.

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 07:14 AM

The Titans suck.

Travis who??

I do not even know how to respond to that statement. Either your on crack or you live in a dream world. I also really can not believe that you flamed me for putting "your", instead of "you're" in a statment :brickwall . I never said I could spell.....

Texans_Chick
10-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Pacman to probably will play, according to the Tennessean. My take on this:

Link: "Pacman Jones: Zero Tolerance Doesn't Apply Until After the Titans Play Against Andre Johnson" (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/29/pacman-jones-zero-tolerance-doesnt-apply-until-after-the-titan/)

But unlike with Reynolds, he is not going to get suspended immediately pending team investigation of the allegations. They might suspend him next week, according to the Tennessean:

Depending on what Fisher finds out before kickoff, Jones could be suspended, but there were indications Saturday night that the plan was for Jones to play. The possibility remains Fisher could take disciplinary action against Jones starting with next Sunday's game at Jacksonville.

Personally, my favorite line from the article is this one:

"I was told that she saved some spit and put it in a baggie, but I haven't seen it.'

So, zero tolerance means you get suspended immediately pending an investigation if you are a linebacker who mostly plays special teams, but if you are a practice missing, alleged serial nightclub spitter, disciplinary action doesn't kick in until after your team plays against Andre Johnson, the #1 receiver in the league in yards and receptions.

Dr. Toro
10-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Pacman to probably will play, according to the Tennessean. My take on this:

Link: "Pacman Jones: Zero Tolerance Doesn't Apply Until After the Titans Play Against Andre Johnson" (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/29/pacman-jones-zero-tolerance-doesnt-apply-until-after-the-titan/)

TC... I think the Volek situation is just as relevant... that whole "thing" was precipitated by a lie this summer... maybe Pacman actually had the flu, but it sure seems like he misrepresented a hangover to skip out on practice, and then it blew up in his face nationally. I understand you expect different things from a punk CB and a starting

QB, but you could say Pac "threw the whole organization under the bus". Gonna be an exciting one today. So many storylines. Henry and Lundy. Robaire. VY&Mario. VY&Carr. Pacman&AJ. Pacman vs. Pacman.

Hulk75
10-29-2006, 09:05 AM
No word on weather Jones was arrested by Nashville police officers, Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde.

Thought this was funny! Came across one of his many arest articles.

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/253963/pacman.jpg

Hulk75
10-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Adam Pacman Jones

http://www.tomsorrell.net/mediac/400_0/media/Lil~John.jpg

VS

Andre Johnson

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/50_cent_Sirius_Shade-45.jpg

TheRealJoker
10-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Adam Pacman Jones

http://www.tomsorrell.net/mediac/400_0/media/Lil~John.jpg

VS

Andre Johnson

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/50_cent_Sirius_Shade-45.jpg

An epic battle indeed!!! :redtowel:

Wolf
10-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Clayton on ESPN said he would play

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 11:14 AM
The Titans suck.

Travis who??

he's a major threat.

Why waste more of my time with foolishness. http://www.xgpgaming.com/forums/images/smilies/peace.gif

Last week, against the Redskins, Travis Henry rushed for 178 yards....more than any Texans RB has gained all year long.

Travis who, indeed.

When you say stupid things like "Travis Who??" you are the one that instantly gets the "Ignorant" tag.

I do not expect to see you guys in any "Our Defense Sucks" threads after the game.

SBTexans08
10-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Titans suck

I don't expect to see you in ANY discussions after the game!

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 01:53 PM
THUNDER.................After the game I will be coming at ya......

Scott D
10-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I dunno, but the Titans look pretty good. But then again, anybody can look good against us.

T_Guru
10-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Wow, Pac really helped 'em. I guess he would have had two touchdowns and three interceptions if not for the late night club incident.

AMMOTITAN
10-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Wow, Pac really helped 'em. I guess he would have had two touchdowns and three interceptions if not for the late night club incident.

LOL......

thunderkyss
10-29-2006, 03:15 PM
I repeat.......... Travis who??

I must admit I forgot about KVB....

Pacman had a good game.