PDA

View Full Version : Sideline coaching management

Texans_Chick
10-27-2006, 01:06 PM
My latest Chronic fanblog post is stuff I observed behind both benches. Thought it might be interesting to folks here. Link: Taking you behind the Jaguars and Texans benches (http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2006/10/taking_you_behind_the_jaguars_1.html).

One of the biggest difficulties for a completely new staff, and a new head coach, for that matter, is to figure out who is going to do what on game day. Early in the season, it appeared a number of times that the coaches were trying to figure this stuff out.

I noticed a few changes from the preseason to the regular season, and I don't know if it was something to make the sidelines work better or if it was just the difference between what you would do in the preseason v. regular season.

The question I had from writing the post is whether anyone has heard for sure that Richard Smith is up in the booth now and not on the sidelines like he was in the preseason. I thought I heard that on the radio, and I looked for him on the sidelines and didn't see him, but maybe I just missed him.

TexansSeminole
10-27-2006, 03:53 PM
That's an interesting fanblog post...first I have read in awhile. Still doing a good job.