PDA

View Full Version : Does Vince Young improve the rivalry?

TexanSam
10-25-2006, 08:14 PM
With the Titans drafting Vince Young, do you think it makes the rivalry between the Texans and the Titans even bigger from the fans perspective? I think it does. There's going to be some UT fans regardless who are going to go ga-ga over Vince Young anytime he steps on the field, but for the most part, I think Texans fans will want the Titans to lose even more now with Vince Young. Not sure why, just a gut feeling. What do you thinK?

TexansLucky13
10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
As a member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of '10.... I have to say that I can't wait to see how much pain our Texans inflict upon Mr. Invincible!

rmartin65
10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes it heightens the rivalry. Many people wanted him, its gonna be interesting to see him twice a year.

hollywood_texan
10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Of course it does...

thunderkyss
10-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Again, this is a one sided rivalry. We have all kinds of reasons to "hate" the Titans, and the only reason they have to hate us, is that we hate them.

Putting too much into it makes us look stupid. You can't call it a rivalry, if you're getting whupped 3 games to one. Dallas is more of a rivalry now, and we only play them once every 4 years.

But, to answer your question. To me, Vince being their starter makes this no more important to me than any other divisional game. I like Vince, but I like Peyton as well. Sort of a professional courtesy.

I believe we'll get the win this week, because we're actually the better team, with more talent. Vince's super powers won't be able to take that team to very many wins until next year. This year, it's on us to lose the game.

Bongo59
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
i dont hate Houston...............or its fans............I lived there for ten yrs and had season tix to Buds team.............I know the history well and I have my own thoughts about the real reasons why Houston hates Bud.............but that is another issue................people in TN really like all other fans and they open their arms to opposition fans..............the only fans they cant stand are Raven and Jag fans.............sine Jag fans dont travel we dont have to deal with them...............Nov 12 we get a city full of Baltimorons...........and ratbird fans

infantrycak
10-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Again, this is a one sided rivalry. We have all kinds of reasons to "hate" the Titans, and the only reason they have to hate us, is that we hate them.

Crap I have to agree with tk--j/k. The only budding rivalry we have is with the Jags because of games exactly like last weekend--they should win but don't, they could get into the playoffs but don't. The Titans are way up on us at 6-2. Nobody in TN feels the rivalry is bigger because they got a guy from Houston--why would they say anything but thanks? Sure it makes some fans around here po'd but just like with Dallas--can't have a one sided rivalry.

Texans_Chick
10-25-2006, 09:11 PM
My mama taught me not to hate, but I think she would have an exception for the Titans.

I hate the Titans. I hate everything they stand for. I hate their name and their goofy logo. Their mere existence is a reminder of the worst aspects of the NFL.

I like Vince Young, like I liked Steve McNair. It pains me that Young plays for IMO, a vulgarian traitorous dirtbag owner who might possibly ruin him as a QB, or at a minimum kick him to the curb in a classless way like he did with McNair. I hope that Vince Young has a career of fat stats on a loser team. Until Bud kicks him to the curb and then he goes on to win a Super Bowl somewhere else. A girl can dream, can't she?

I feel sorry for Titan fans because they have Bud Adams as an owner. I remember what it is like to love a team but be embarassed by its ill-dressed, cheap, uncouth, foot-in-mouth owner.

I don't know about rivalry. I want to beat the snot outta all divisional opponents. I just take some extra bit of joy everytime something bad happens to the Titans. I don't know, are there levels of despisedness?

The NFL is just more fun when you loathe teams.

run-david-run
10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
My mama taught me not to hate, but I think she would have an exception for the Titans.

I hate the Titans. I hate everything they stand for. I hate their name and their goofy logo. Their mere existence is a reminder of the worst aspects of the NFL.

I like Vince Young, like I liked Steve McNair. It pains me that Young plays for IMO, a vulgarian traitorous dirtbag owner who might possibly ruin him as a QB, or at a minimum kick him to the curb in a classless way like he did with McNair. I hope that Vince Young has a career of fat stats on a loser team. Until Bud kicks him to the curb and then he goes on to win a Super Bowl somewhere else. A girl can dream, can't she?

I feel sorry for Titan fans because they have Bud Adams as an owner. I remember what it is like to love a team but be embarassed by its ill-dressed, cheap, uncouth, foot-in-mouth owner.

I don't know about rivalry. I want to beat the snot outta all divisional opponents. I just take some extra bit of joy everytime something bad happens to the Titans. I don't know, are there levels of despisedness?

The NFL is just more fun when you loathe teams.

What makes all sports great, from a fan's perspective, is emotion. When you care about a team or player, it makes everything a lot more fun, and painful (for us Texans anyway). It works the same way when you really dont like someone, like the Jags, Cowboys, and the Titans. I wasnt around for the Oilers and Bud Adams, but I still hate the Titans and am going to enjoy this weekend all the more when we beat em.

LBC_Justin
10-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Our rivalry with Tennesse is very weird.

Not sure how to sum it up but let's put it like this.

Tennesse Titans
I hate the owner.
I hate the players and I like to see them lose. (I like VY, but Pacman and the hoods I can't stand.)
I don't hate the city or the state
I don't hate the fans.
I don't hate the coach.
BUT, I still feel some strange childhood, deeply suppressed emotional thing, that makes me want to see some magic from the columbia blue. I haven't seen them in the throw backs but if they wear that against the Texans that would be very very wrong...like feeding a cow a plate full of beef.

Dallas Cowboys
I find the owner entertaining.
I find the players and team entertaining & enjoy watching them lose. (I like guys like Roy & Ware)
I hate the city of Dallas. Big hair, high crime, very few trees, the mavs, yuck etc.
I really really hate the fans. Both loud and fair weather at the same time.
The coach has boobs.

Jacksonville Jaguars
I don't know the owner.
No issues with the players, but for some strange reason I get more joy out of seeing this team lose than all others. No clue why.
I respect the coach.
No issue with the city of Jacksonville, if anything they remind me of Houston 25-30 years ago...very low self esteem as a city and haven't found their identity yet.
The fans are the most immature in the entire NFL. Not loud but childish. Visit their forums for tons of evidence of this...they have a nickname for every team...tinhorns etc.
I love beating these guys because for some reason neither the team or their fans are able to show respect for the Texans. Hopefully that has changed after another beat down.

Double Barrel
10-25-2006, 10:06 PM
With the Titans drafting Vince Young, do you think it makes the rivalry between the Texans and the Titans even bigger from the fans perspective? I think it does.

I agree. Just being a division rival and playing them twice a year makes it a rivalry, but adding the addition of Bud Adams and now Vince Young sweetens the deal.

profan
10-25-2006, 10:06 PM
As a member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of '10.... I have to say that I can't wait to see how much pain our Texans inflict upon Mr. Invincible!

as a member of the aggie class of 2010 are you going to stop being a texan fan when we draft some longhorns? vince is not in college anymore, get over it. that being said, i think vince being from houston and one of the best players to come out of houston in a long time will just add to the rivalry. But what will really improve the rivalry is when both teams have winning records with something more than just bragging rights on the line.

mexican_texan
10-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Never liked the Oilers, but the Titans wore Columbia Blue in the games in Houston. That ain't right. Then they drafted VY, who came out of my favorite college. That ain't right. I don't hate them, but I sure don't respect them.

CyberTexan
10-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Im not worried about Vince one bit I think we made the right choice keeping Carr I know Vince is in his rookie year and hasnt played many games but he has one of the worst quarterback ratings in the NFL hes not gonna be any better than McNair was, where we screwed up was not picking Bush , Bush has helped out the Saints allot just by being there.

dtran04
10-25-2006, 10:12 PM
JAX will probably end up being our real rival. We always play them tough, no matter the circumstances. We put them out of the playoffs in shutout fashion. They won't admit to it but that's how it eventually will be.

RTP2110
10-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Once an plaer puts on the pro jerse, I don't care what college he played for. I dont hate TEN for having Young. Do you think Panther fans hate us for drafting Williams? Young is a Titan, and I will root for him to fail like all other Titan players, and all other teams in our division. I do hate the Cowboys though.

thunderkyss
10-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Never liked the Oilers, but the Titans wore Columbia Blue in the games in Houston. That ain't right. Then they drafted VY, who came out of my favorite college. That ain't right. I don't hate them, but I sure don't respect them.

Baltimore.... Pittsburgh..... to me, that's just a divisional game. Like the Giants Cowboys.

They aren't real rivals, like Pittsburgh/Cleveland...... or Dallas/Washington those are rivalries, throw the record out the window, and expect a few injuries when it's over.

infantrycak
10-25-2006, 11:28 PM
I agree. Just being a division rival and playing them twice a year makes it a rivalry, but adding the addition of Bud Adams and now Vince Young sweetens the deal.

Dude you are kama sutra multipositional after claiming the Texans had no rivals even the Jags. What happened to your high rivalry standard?

Vinny
10-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Dude you are kama sutra multipositional after claiming the Texans had no rivals even the Jags. What happened to your high rivalry standard?It's more evidence pointing to the power of Vince Young.

StrongArm08
10-25-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't believe vince Young makes it a better rivalry because he hasn't proven anything yet. Steve McNair made it a better rivalry because he is ALL PRO....vince is nowhere near that level yet and only time will tell if he lives up to all of the hype.

I admit what he did in college last yr was spectacular.....but that's college. Ask Michael Vick how tough the transition is to the pros (and he's WAY more talented than Young)

Don't get me wrong I like Young and I think he'll be a fine player, but it's premature to say he improves the Titans/Texans rivalry before he's actually played us.

IMO we have a pro bowl caliber QB in DC and I'm looking forward to seeing him silence the critics that wanted to dump him for Young. For now the Young hype is just that.......hype :cool:

infantrycak
10-25-2006, 11:33 PM
It's more evidence pointing to the power of Vince Young.

OK--I finally get it--all positions bend toward VY. It's a mecca=VY thing.

http://muslim-canada.org/mapfullpage.jpg

bah007
10-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Vince Young is my favorite college player of all time.

That said, I hope we kick the Titans ass & Vince throws for 300 yds... next week.

Wordem
10-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Ask Michael Vick how tough the transition is to the pros (and he's WAY more talented than Young)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

No, wait . . .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Roughnecks
10-26-2006, 01:56 AM
It depends on if you are Longhorn fan as for me it is enough just to stick it to Adams besides all the Oilers are no longer with the team so it's all about the Bud.

YellerLotYeller
10-26-2006, 02:34 AM
To me this is our true rivalry. I know we play the jags tough everytime, and the games with the cowgirls are important to us, but this is against Bud's boys. I cant believe I said his dam name, I feel dirty.

VY adds to it, but unfortunately it will just mean more titan jerseys at Reliant.

thunderkyss
10-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Vince Young is my favorite college player of all time.

That said, I hope we kick the Titans ass & Vince throws for 300 yds... next week.

I like Vince and all too, but I'd rather complete domination. I don't want my team to be the first team to give up 300 yards to Vince in any form or fashion.

I don't believe he'll be good enough to get 300 yds any which way this year anyhow..... but if it were possible, I'd rather see him do it to the Colts, or the Jags... never to Houston.

mike moffat
10-26-2006, 10:01 AM
JAX will probably end up being our real rival. We always play them tough, no matter the circumstances. We put them out of the playoffs in shutout fashion. They won't admit to it but that's how it eventually will be.

To answer the original question......IMO, V.Y. does improve the rivalry. It's a no brainer that we can't stand the Titans. But, with that being said, I think that we need to set our sights alot higher. Until the Colts become the big rivalry, we aren't going to any super bowls. When the Oilers played Pittsburgh, we knew that it was our super bowl game. Likewise with the Colts.

Texans Horror
10-26-2006, 10:06 AM
I think he improves it because this is a pretty one-sided rivalry, but I am confident that in VY's mind, he wants a win on the team that ignored his pleas to pick him and instead drafted some defensive player. I am sure he will step up his game during both bouts, and this will only make the rivalry deeper and less one-sided.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2006, 10:12 AM
If not a rivalry in the minds of the players, which I doubt, there is a rivalry amongst the fans percolating. VY and MW will always be attached at the hip for the way the 2006 draft played out and their obvious high ceiling of potential. Exciting times are around the corner.

DBCooper
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
One thing Vince does is he keeps Houston fans liking the Titans.

I don't know if it improves the rivalry, but it does add another twist.

Texan_Bill
10-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I am Texan fan..Period.. VY and the Titans are the enemy this week.....Period..... With that said, I hope VY is on his back more than a cheap prost*****..... Afte the game. No love, No hate, just get ready for the next opponent until the Tacks come here..

PS.... May Bud loose his squirrel rug........

Chance_C
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I admit what he did in college last yr was spectacular.....but that's college. Ask Michael Vick how tough the transition is to the pros (and he's WAY more talented than Young)

Why because of his 4 touchdown game this past weekend? Or could it be because he had never threw for even 3 in a game before that? It may just be a difference of opinion but I don't remotely think that Vick is more talented than Vince Young.

disclaimer: I did not want the Texans to draft VY, or Reggie Bush. Would have been happy with either (other than the fact that I really want DC to succeed), as I am happy with the choice of Mario Williams.

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 12:20 PM
VY has way more upside than Vick at this point. Vick has been slow to pick up the NFL pass game while VY was for more accomplished in college than Vick every was. I think Vick is an avg NFL QB while VY has the chance to be a great one................morevoer anyone with Sirius radio may have heard Fisher this morning..............he confirmed nationally what I said here earlier.............VY is way ahead of schedule and he will be given line call duties this week and the keys to the full Offense. Should be a fun game to watch for both teams fans.

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Pac played TO pretty well. TGlenn hurt him. AJ is not in TO league. He is your best player but I am confident Adam can hold him in check. AJ will hurt us but he wont beat us alone. I think Carr will have alot to prove. the Texans are going to have to stop the run game and then prepare for the VY package............throws and runs.............that will take alot of their edge play comletely away. Outside of AJ the Texans cubbards are bare. But I am very anxious to see how the Texans play VY.

TexansLucky13
10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Pac played TO pretty well. TGlenn hurt him. AJ is not in TO league. He is your best player but I am confident Adam can hold him in check.

Thank God for that.

AJ will light up your world, son. Just ask the Jags or anyone else who have ever experienced Andre catching the impossible.

I will die before I let a Titans fan try to downplay AJ.

Vinny
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Thank God for that.

AJ will light up your world, son.
I think bongo is my age or older...sonnyboy. I think his son is older than you. :)

To answer the question of the thread....yeah, VY improves the rivalry. From the Houston based Aggie-hater crowd to the UT homerfans....to the simple fact that he is a Houstonian and is such a high visibility player....he improves the rivalry immensely.

Chance_C
10-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Pac played TO pretty well. TGlenn hurt him. AJ is not in TO league. He is your best player but I am confident Adam can hold him in check. AJ will hurt us but he wont beat us alone. I think Carr will have alot to prove. the Texans are going to have to stop the run game and then prepare for the VY package............throws and runs.............that will take alot of their edge play comletely away. Outside of AJ the Texans cubbards are bare. But I am very anxious to see how the Texans play VY.

Well AJ is definately in Glenn's league. TO had a bad game or he would destroy PacMan. It really irks me to see someone say that AJ is not in TO's league. TO is a terror on and off the field, and IMO he is not in AJ's league. Yeah, it's a little homerish but that's the way I feel. And I really hope you all think our cupboards are bare after AJ. Just forget about Moulds and see what that gets you. Forget about Owen Daniels. Hell, forget about David Carr....:rolleyes:

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 12:37 PM
I saw the game film form the Jags game.............AJ lit up Brian Williams more than Rashean...............the biggest factor in AJ success was that Donvan Darius did not break up the long bomb to AJ in the endzone............he infact never even hit him which in and of itself was shocking.............the Jags D and Lefty played very badly and you guys took full advantage.............but I dont think AJ is a WR who is going to put up 180 yds and 3 TD's and single handedly kill us..............Everyone in Titan land knows I am not a big Adam Jones supporter................but He is not close to as bad as hill.................if Hill is on AJ............he could have 200 yds and 4 TD's...............and I am not kidding. Adam will draw AJ just about all day.

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Well AJ is definately in Glenn's league. TO had a bad game or he would destroy PacMan. It really irks me to see someone say that AJ is not in TO's league. TO is a terror on and off the field, and IMO he is not in AJ's league. Yeah, it's a little homerish but that's the way I feel. And I really hope you all think our cupboards are bare after AJ. Just forget about Moulds and see what that gets you. Forget about Owen Daniels. Hell, forget about David Carr....:rolleyes:AJ has TO talent but he has been held back by Carr and the OL..............and not much has changed............Carr has improved statistically but he is playing small ball...........AJ is designed for big ball.................the Texans have not had a major win just throwing it all over the place because the OL is way below avg, When was the last time Carr and AJ lead the team to a 4th Q win throwing.................how about never.............that is the reason AJ wont be put in the elite WR class..................individually he has unreal talent.............but talent alone without team wont get you to elite status in football...................that limits AJ's plays and why TO is better.

Vinny
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
AJ has TO talent but he has been held back by Carr and the OL..............and not much has changed............Carr has improved statistically but he is playing small ball...........AJ is designed for big ball.................the Texans have not had a major win just throwing it all over the place because the OL is way below avg, When was the last time Carr and AJ lead the team to a 4th Q win throwing.................how about never.............that is the reason AJ wont be put in the elite WR class..................individually he has unreal talent.............but talent alone without team wont get you to elite status in football...................that limits AJ's plays and why TO is better.I think Carr has three games (one was against you guys) with more than 2TD, and plus 201 yards in a victory in around 70 NFL starts. He has improved but he hasn't been able to carry a team to victory...yet at least. baby steps...baby steps.

kcwilson
10-26-2006, 12:47 PM
I think the rivalry with Tennessee is one sided because of the hatred for Bud Adams.

To be honest, a rivalry is budding more with Jacksonville because we have beaten them at very meaningful times of the year.... with more consequence.

It is tough to get in a huge rivalry when both teams like the Titans and Texans are really just reforming... there hasn't been as much of a dire need to win the game in terms of playoffs.

It's the same reason why the Indy matchups are one sided rivalries.

Personally, I like the rivalry with Jacksonville more (1) because we are winning it 5-4 and (2) the team is more competitive and the more we compete with them, the more respect and confidence our team gets. Every win against them has been a major confidence booster.

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 12:48 PM
AJ has TO talent but he has been held back by Carr and the OL..............and not much has changed............Carr has improved statistically but he is playing small ball...........AJ is designed for big ball.................the Texans have not had a major win just throwing it all over the place because the OL is way below avg, When was the last time Carr and AJ lead the team to a 4th Q win throwing.................how about never.............that is the reason AJ wont be put in the elite WR class..................individually he has unreal talent.............but talent alone without team wont get you to elite status in football...................that limits AJ's plays and why TO is better.

Anaylsis of the OL and Carr go not to whether TO is better than AJ but why he should be more productive except let's see AJ 47 rec. (7.8 per game), 591 yds (98.5 ypg), 3 TD's vs TO 28 rec. (4.6 per game), 375 yds (62.5 ypg), 5 TD's (and let's face it 3 of those came against the Texans). At least thru the 1st 3rd of the season the more productive argument isn't flying.

whiskeyrbl
10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
IMO VY does make this more of a rivalry. Reason: When he had the nerve to say ,"I can't wait till we go to Houston and we can whip up on them Texans", a Comment that is probably hanging on the walls in reliant while we practice this week. LIke my dad used to tell me Vince, "Be careful what you ask for,someone may be listening. And I think we all heard it loud and clear....Crystal clear!!!!:hunter: :chicken: :shoot:

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Anaylsis of the OL and Carr go not to whether TO is better than AJ but why he should be more productive except let's see AJ 47 rec. (7.8 per game), 591 yds (98.5 ypg), 3 TD's vs TO 28 rec. (4.6 per game), 375 yds (62.5 ypg), 5 TD's (and let's face it 3 of those came against the Texans). At least thru the 1st 3rd of the season the more productive argument isn't flying.True for this yr.............hoiw about we go back to his rookie yr and compare and see if he is an elite WR.............he is not. And that is more on his caches and teammates.............he needs to to do it over time to be considered elite.............right now he is a very talent player who must be accounted for with your own best player in your secondary. Still cant believe the Jags left Williams on him as much as they did..................Adam will draw him 90% of the time Sunday.

Double Barrel
10-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Dude you are kama sutra multipositional after claiming the Texans had no rivals even the Jags. What happened to your high rivalry standard?

I still maintain that the Texans don't have a true rivalry with anyone, not in the classic NFL sense.

But to fans and a greenhorn team without a winning record in it's history, we have to make mountains out of molehills (like making a big deal that we just won back-to-back home games for the first time in franchise history :yawn: wooohoo! )

Read my original post carefully, my friend, and you will see clarity (bolded by me for assistance in understanding):

With the Titans drafting Vince Young, do you think it makes the rivalry between the Texans and the Titans even bigger from the fans perspective? I think it does.

I should have added "from the fans perspective" after "Just being a division rival and playing them twice a year makes it a rivalry". I was agreeing with his premise of a fan-based rivalry, but nothing else.

I doubt the players could care less. It's another game in the NFL, but nothing special about it because we've never had anything special to base a real rivalry upon.

There are "rivalries", and then there are RIVALRIES. We have the former in fan's minds, but this team's short history has not allowed it to develop the latter. :shades:

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 12:53 PM
I think Carr has two games (one was against you guys) with more than 2TD, and plus 201 yards in a victory in around 70 NFL starts.

For a stat hater you have to see the irony of coming up with such an arbitrary stat?

Brazos-V
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
I think Carr has three games (one was against you guys) with more than 2TD, and plus 201 yards in a victory in around 70 NFL starts. He has improved but he hasn't been able to carry a team to victory...yet at least. baby steps...baby steps.

That I believe is very interesting. How long has Carr been in the league?

This segways to the point of this thread. VY will improve the rivalry because there will be fans who will always compare him to Carr or to MW. Especially if VY has the type of career I believe he is capable of having.

I thought about what the other poster said about VY having a 300yd game this weekend. And I believe it can be possible. Especially if the Texans in essence "dare" him to throw the ball. And as Fisher said on Sirius this morning VY is improving greatly.

Bottom line is there will always be a rivalry because of Houstons hate towards Bud Adams. Even though IMO Hou did nothing to keep him here.

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 12:55 PM
I think the rivalry with Tennessee is one sided because of the hatred for Bud Adams.

To be honest, a rivalry is budding more with Jacksonville because we have beaten them at very meaningful times of the year.... with more consequence.

It is tough to get in a huge rivalry when both teams like the Titans and Texans are really just reforming... there hasn't been as much of a dire need to win the game in terms of playoffs.

It's the same reason why the Indy matchups are one sided rivalries.

Personally, I like the rivalry with Jacksonville more (1) because we are winning it 5-4 and (2) the team is more competitive and the more we compete with them, the more respect and confidence our team gets. Every win against them has been a major confidence booster.completely agree with this.............Titan fans actually like Texans fans.............after all we have your old team and in 99 many wanted to share it with Houston..........I still tailgate with 8 Houston guys who remain Titan fans even though they hate Bud...............they still root for the Texans but when they play they go for the deep roots.......I am in the same boat..........................and bud has been dead quiet in TN going on a decade now.............

thunderkyss
10-26-2006, 12:57 PM

If T.O. had a bad game, it's because Drew didn't want to throw him the ball. They had to threaten his job to get him to throw the ball to T.O. in the Philly game, then he threw everything to him.

But we've got the most Accurate passer in the league throwing to his #1 guy..... we'll definitely see what Pac-Man is made of.

I do agree, that if we play like we had the first three weeks of the season, very undisciplined, & everybody biting on every fake, then yes Vince can & probably will have a huge day. But if we stop your run, & I'm pretty sure we can, the game is ours.

I gaurantee you this.... after the game this Sunday, ESPN, and the whole football world is going to either say, "That's why they passed on Reggie Bush, because the system works" or, "Well, the Titans have the worst Run defense in the league, what did you expect"

Bongo59
That I believe is very interesting. How long has Carr been in the league?

This segways to the point of this thread. VY will improve the rivalry because there will be fans who will always compare him to Carr or to MW. Especially if VY has the type of career I believe he is capable of having.

I thought about what the other poster said about VY having a 300yd game this weekend. And I believe it can be possible. Especially if the Texans in essence "dare" him to throw the ball. And as Fisher said on Sirius this morning VY is improving greatly.

Bottom line is there will always be a rivalry because of Houstons hate towards Bud Adams. Even though IMO Hou did nothing to keep him here.Carr has done it once in a game in Nashville with huge numbers but it was in 03 and after the game was over at the half............Mac threw for 400 yds and Mason had three long TD's................Carr got over 250 yds in garbage time and If I remember one was a long TD to Armstrong..........he finished with over 300yds if I am not mistaken.........he had stats yes but none mattered.................you have to have Carr do it when it counts...........and to date...........he has not shown that

infantrycak
I still maintain that the Texans don't have a true rivalry with anyone, not in the classic NFL sense.

Just giving you a hard time. :cool:

powerfuldragon
10-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Does Vince Young improve the rivalry?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/vincent.jpg
Boy has mad gravity.

Double Barrel
10-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Just giving you a hard time. :cool:

yeah, I know. Clarity in wordsmithing is one of your specialties, so like steel sharpening steel, I wanted to strengthen my mental capacity. :howdy:

Props to your kama sutra reference. I had to stop and think about it for a second.

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 01:03 PM
True for this yr.............hoiw about we go back to his rookie yr and compare and see if he is an elite WR.............he is not.

You're joking right? Try comparing TO's career in his 1st 4 years to AJ. TO made his 1st pro-bowl in his 5th year--AJ in his 2nd and on the way to possibly repeat in his 4th. AJ's 1st two years crush TO's. And that was with a hall of fame QB throwing to him on playoff teams getting lessor coverage due to the presence of Jerry Rice.

Chance_C
10-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Who would you rather have Bongo, AJ or TO?

Vinny
10-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Carr has done it once in a game in Nashville with huge numbers but it was in 03 and after the game was over at the half............Mac threw for 400 yds and Mason had three long TD's................Carr got over 250 yds in garbage time and If I remember one was a long TD to Armstrong..........he finished with over 300yds if I am not mistaken.........he had stats yes but none mattered.................you have to have Carr do it when it counts...........and to date...........he has not shown thatThe 2 TD's 371 and 3 pick game was a loss when we only scored 17 points that day. The only time Carr has more than 200 yards in conjunction with 2 or more TD's in a win against you was on 11/28. He had 2TD's, 201 yards and only 1 INT that day.

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I am not talking abou there forst yrs in the league.............I am talking about right now the last three yrs..............AJ has not met the elite status...........I do believe fully he can be a top three WR in all of the league............but playing small ball is not going to get him there............I think Kubiak is missing some weapons to get him there but I think AJ will be elite very soon.................TO from 98-06 has done it by himself at times..............as much as I hate the guy he is an animal in the red Zone and can score from anywhere..............just look at how he played in the SB with an injury..............he is amazing............but he is declining while AJ is still rising...............if RBush was a Texan I think AJ would have benefited most...............look what Bush is doing for Deuce Horn and Colston..............

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:09 PM
and yes having Brees also helps....................

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Who would you rather have Bongo, AJ or TO?Right now in a SB...............TO..............for the next 4 yrs............AJ...............TO is there AJ is arriving. There in lies the difference.

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
he had stats yes but none mattered.................you have to have Carr do it when it counts...........and to date...........he has not shown that

Not very often, but he did do it against TN when the Texans came back from a 21-3 deficit where he had 2 TD's plus a rushing TD to take the lead and ultimately win 31-21.

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Not very often, but he did do it against TN when the Texans came back from a 21-3 deficit where he had 2 TD's plus a rushing TD to take the lead and ultimately win 31-21.I was at that game..............the game was over at the half..............Carr did nothing when the starting D was out there............he did it on guys like Beckham woolfolk and rookies................That game was so lopsided it was not funny. The score does nothing telling you how Carr played.................

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I am not talking abou there forst yrs in the league.............I am talking about right now the last three yrs..............AJ has not met the elite status...........I do believe fully he can be a top three WR in all of the league............but playing small ball is not going to get him there............

Bongo you can't have it both ways--you referenced rookie years presumably as a prediction of greatness and AJ's slammed TO's as has their careers to date. Past 3.5 years overall sure TO has been better and is decidedly more elite. As for small ball, I'd like them to air it out more as well but the "he can be top three" statement is pretty absurd since he is at #1 right now.

if RBush was a Texan I think AJ would have benefited most...............look what Bush is doing for Deuce Horn and Colston..............

IMO that is highly debatable but the subject of another conversation. IMO AJ has benefited more from Moulds.

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
I'll tell you something else.............I was far more worried about Santana Moss on Jones than I am about AJ..............Moss has killed everyone he faced since becoming a skin.............and Jones really had his best game as a Titan CB last week. I had us losing that one by 20. Him VY and THenry really stepped up..............and the OL made it all happen. And they did it the week before in Indy to. He played well against Harrison in Indy.

Chance_C
10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Right now in a SB...............TO..............for the next 4 yrs............AJ...............TO is there AJ is arriving. There in lies the difference.

Understood and appreciated. It is your opinion and I can't fault you on your logic behind reaching it. I can't talk about those two in the same sentence anymore. One I despise, the other I love. There is no comparison in my book.

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 01:19 PM
I was at that game..............the game was over at the half..............Carr did nothing when the starting D was out there............he did it on guys like Beckham woolfolk and rookies................That game was so lopsided it was not funny. The score does nothing telling you how Carr played.................

What are you talking about? TN was leading 21-10 at the half. Carr passed for a TD on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr and then again near the end of the 3rd qtr to take the lead. Wasn't there but watched it and it was a good game for Carr--one you evidently don't remember well despite being there.

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Look I like AJ............always have..............but I think that is all you have............and that is why I think the texans are in trouble.............I think this game will show somebody else in Houston has to make plays on O............will it be Carr or Moulds.............no RB scares us at all..............I think they will double Moulds and put AJones on AJ.............the Titans have elite OLB o carr outside does not scare us one bit............it killed the Jags because they have no elite LB with Mike pete out.............and that is why you ate their lunch.

beerlover
10-26-2006, 01:24 PM
yes, he does- http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/10/26/26vince.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=54

real
10-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Look I like AJ............always have..............but I think that is all you have............and that is why I think the texans are in trouble.............I think this game will show somebody else in Houston has to make plays on O............will it be Carr or Moulds.............no RB scares us at all..............I think they will double Moulds and put AJones on AJ.............the Titans have elite OLB o carr outside does not scare us one bit............it killed the Jags because they have no elite LB with Mike pete out.............and that is why you ate their lunch.

So this one is in the bag right....:rolleyes:

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:28 PM
What are you talking about? TN was leading 21-10 at the half. Carr passed for a TD on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr and then again near the end of the 3rd qtr to take the lead. Wasn't there but watched it and it was a good game for Carr--one you evidently don't remember well despite being there.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20031012_HOU@TEN

there is the link to the recap.............it was a bad ass kicking as I thought

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
So this one is in the bag right....:rolleyes:
in the bag nope.............It all hinges on how Adam plays AJ and if Carr make plays to anyone else..............the Texan will have to shut thew run and pass down...........we have to shut the pass down.

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 01:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20031012_HOU@TEN

there is the link to the recap.............it was a bad ass kicking as I thought

We are talking about different games. I am talking about this one. (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041128_TEN@HOU)

Bongo59
10-26-2006, 01:33 PM
We are talking about different games. I am talking about this one. (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041128_TEN@HOU)Ok I got you..............I was talking abou tth eone I referenced.

Chance_C
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I think they will double Moulds and put AJones on AJ.............the Titans have elite OLB o carr outside does not scare us one bit............it killed the Jags because they have no elite LB with Mike pete out.............and that is why you ate their lunch.

I hope like h e double hockey sticks you do that

thunderkyss
10-26-2006, 01:46 PM
I was at that game..............the game was over at the half..............Carr did nothing when the starting D was out there............he did it on guys like Beckham woolfolk and rookies................That game was so lopsided it was not funny. The score does nothing telling you how Carr played.................

Wow....... Carr won the game in Garbage time??

how can you use an example of such stupidity in an argument about how you're going to beat us on Sunday??

and then to say the game was over at half time?? duh....... obviously it wasn't.

Edit: Sorry, I see you were talking about a totally different game.

real
10-26-2006, 01:58 PM
in the bag nope.............It all hinges on how Adam plays AJ and if Carr make plays to anyone else..............the Texan will have to shut thew run and pass down...........we have to shut the pass down.

LMAO!!!!

Yall are dead last in completion percentage.....

real
10-26-2006, 02:00 PM
in the bag nope.............It all hinges on how Adam plays AJ and if Carr make plays to anyone else...

If that's what it hinges on then you loose...

HOU-TEX
10-26-2006, 02:08 PM

I like this one. Y'all have the worst rushing D in the league, but no RB scares you. LOL! Crazy funny!

P.S. What's up with using all the periods?

run-david-run
10-26-2006, 02:13 PM
AJ has TO talent but he has been held back by Carr and the OL..............and not much has changed............Carr has improved statistically but he is playing small ball...........AJ is designed for big ball.................the Texans have not had a major win just throwing it all over the place because the OL is way below avg, When was the last time Carr and AJ lead the team to a 4th Q win throwing.................how about never.............that is the reason AJ wont be put in the elite WR class..................individually he has unreal talent.............but talent alone without team wont get you to elite status in football...................that limits AJ's plays and why TO is better.

Umm...we were behind the Dolphins in the 4th quarter and the Carr to AJ connection lead us to a win.
Just look at the numbers and tell me TO is better right now. WR is a function of team play more then running back or even quarterback. To have someone leading the league in yards and receptions on a 2-4 team does not happen often. As the team continues to improve, AJ's numbers will get better and better.
Also, as I have said before, CB's ussually play sides of the field, not receivers, which is why AJ was covered by Brian Williams on certain plays. I think there will be plenty of AJ on Hill.

Lucky
10-26-2006, 02:19 PM
VY has way more upside than Vick at this point. Vick has been slow to pick up the NFL pass game while VY was for more accomplished in college than Vick every was. I think Vick is an avg NFL QB while VY has the chance to be a great one...
OK. Maybe. Who knows. What I do know is that right now, Michael Vick is the better passer, better runner, better quarterback, and better football player. None of that will change by this Sunday.

I don't know if Vince improves the rivalry between the Texans & the Titans. Until both teams improve and are fighting for playoff berths, I'm not sure that a rivalry like Cowboys/Skins or Broncos/Raiders will exist. I do think that Young playing QB in Nashville instead of Steve McNair improves the chances of the Texans winning on Sunday greatly. And I'm all for Fisher giving a rookie in his 4th start more responsibility. The more the better.

run-david-run
10-26-2006, 02:22 PM
OK. Maybe. Who knows. What I do know is that right now, Michael Vick is the better passer, better runner, better quarterback, and better football player. None of that will change by this Sunday.

I don't know if Vince improves the rivalry between the Texans & the Titans. Until both teams improve and are fighting for playoff berths, I'm not sure that a rivalry like Cowboys/Skins or Broncos/Raiders will exist. I do think that Young playing QB in Nashville instead of Steve McNair improves the chances of the Texans winning on Sunday greatly. And I'm all for Fisher giving a rookie in his 4th start more responsibility. The more the better.

I would definately say VY has more upside then Vick right now, after all, it took Vick 6 years to throw more then 2 TD's in a game. However, right now the Titans probably have one of the 3 worst passing games in the NFL along with the Raiders and some would say Broncos (Jake the Snake!). By the same token, we have not proven we have a running game. Obviously last week was great, but until we do it consitantly, its a question mark.

real
10-26-2006, 02:31 PM
However, right now the Titans probably have one of the 3 worst passing games in the NFL along with the Raiders and some would say Broncos ....

Try THE worst passing game....

Brazos-V
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Try THE worst passing game....

One thing you guys seem to be glossing over is the fact that this will be VY's 4th official start. So, yeah I'm sure it will take time to develop the chemistry needed to have a top tier passing attack.

That being said. Not a one of you on this site will say that the Titans don't have a chance with VY at the helm. We know as well as UT fans know that with VY on the field we can win. You saw what happened in front of 91 thousand strong in Washington. I personally don't care if we only pass for 15yds. The Win is what matters.

And VY has steadily improved in the passing game. (see Washington)

real
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
One thing you guys seem to be glossing over is the fact that this will be VY's 4th official start. So, yeah I'm sure it will take time to develop the chemistry needed to have a top tier passing attack.

That being said. Not a one of you on this site will say that the Titans don't have a chance with VY at the helm. We know as well as UT fans know that with VY on the field we can win. You saw what happened in front of 91 thousand strong in Washington. I personally don't care if we only pass for 15yds. The Win is what matters.

I don't disagree with you...VY is one of my favorite QB's....

But When you have posters like Bongo saying that All you guys have to worry about is our passing game, and We have to worry about the pass and the run.....you gotta call 'em out....

thunderkyss
10-26-2006, 02:41 PM

Titans don't have a chance with VY at the helm.....

he might back at UT, when more times than not he is the best athlete on the field by a wide Margin, but that doesn't happen in the NFL.

I believe if Vince was on our team, he'd have an amazing rookie year, kinda like Culpeppers, and McNabbs first year starting, because we've got that kinda talent on this team. You don't. Drew Bennette is good, and consistent, but he is no #1 WR, and David Givens sure as heck isn't. Travis Henry is pretty good, but I bet he doesn't finish the game... & your tightends... well they are ok.

Then your Defense ain't up to snuff with the Defense Vince had working for him last year.

Brazos-V
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Titans don't have a chance with VY at the helm.....

Washington thought that as well.

I believe if Vince was on our team, he'd have an amazing rookie year, kinda like Culpeppers, and McNabbs first year starting, because we've got that kinda talent on this team. You don't. Drew Bennette is good, and consistent, but he is no #1 WR, and David Givens sure as heck isn't. Travis Henry is pretty good, but I bet he doesn't finish the game... & your tightends... well they are ok.

Then your Defense ain't up to snuff with the Defense Vince had working for him last year.

VY has what many have said is the "IT" factor. You may have said it yourself. Well, the "IT" factor makes your teamates want to play better for you. Also the "IT" factor brings that extra dimension to a team looking for an identity. So, we will see come sunday who has the best talent on the field.

Oh! And even if Travis doesn't last the game. That just means you will have a different monster to contend with..LenDale White.

thunderkyss
10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Washington thought that as well.

VY has what many have said is the "IT" factor. You may have said it yourself. Well, the "IT" factor makes your teamates want to play better for you. Also the "IT" factor brings that extra dimension to a team looking for an identity. So, we will see come sunday who has the best talent on the field.

Oh! And even if Travis doesn't last the game. That just means you will have a different monster to contend with..LenDale White.

He's got enough IT to make a half decent team better. Nobody has enough IT to make your team better. Not this year. Put in a solid draft, get CalvinJohnson, then his IT will get you over the hump.

leachmtb
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
True for this yr.............hoiw about we go back to his rookie yr and compare and see if he is an elite WR.............he is not. And that is more on his caches and teammates.............he needs to to do it over time to be considered elite.............right now he is a very talent player who must be accounted for with your own best player in your secondary. Still cant believe the Jags left Williams on him as much as they did..................Adam will draw him 90% of the time Sunday.

I guess it really depends on how much fun PacMan had the night before. It's too bad for the Titans that Nashville is such a fun town, because PacMan is having a rough time not drinking all of his talent away.

Double Barrel
10-26-2006, 03:24 PM

Dan Marino had the "IT" factor, but no rings. I'm not comparing Young to Marino, but the "IT" factor can only carry things so far. It takes a full team of talent, plus good leadership (the "IT" factor) to produce a champion. Let's always keep in mind that Vince Young plays a team sport.

CenTexNative
10-26-2006, 03:47 PM
It makes the rivalvary better like the sun coming up in the morning.....

TexansLucky13
10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Dan Marino had the "IT" factor, but no rings. I'm not comparing Young to Marino, but the "IT" factor can only carry things so far. It takes a full team of talent, plus good leadership (the "IT" factor) to produce a champion. Let's always keep in mind that Vince Young plays a team sport.

Eh... the "IT" factor is a dangerous thing. I always like to seperate the guys who I see as having the "IT" factor into two subcategories.

1) Natural "IT" factor - Examples.... Marino/Manning

They break records. They are clearly the best. The entire league talks about how powerful these guys are. Laser-rocket arms. Dominators of the Defense. They MAKE good teams. The problem is... they seem to have a problem winning the big games. Marino lost his only SB, while Peyton is yet to get there.

2) Developed "IT" factor - Examples.... Bradshaw/Brady

These guys are above average QBs who play(ed) on an above average team. They got Super Bowl blings... they are SB MVPs. They had a team where their above average skills could be harnessed and their leadership, while not the best, is unquestioned. Record-breaking numbers? Not likely. But they always show up, and they are Field Generals none-the-less.

I see VY in the #2 category. That is what scares me about him. At TU he was the ultimate QB. An awesome team, an awesome athlete. The problem is... he plays for a terrible team.

What I am trying to say is this.....

IMHO... as explained above.... he will never do anything for that team unless the team itself improves.

Battle Red Flash
10-26-2006, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=TexanSam;479251]With the Titans drafting Vince Young, do you think it makes the rivalry between the Texans and the Titans even bigger from the fans perspective?QUOTE]

IMO, Vince makes the rivalry bigger for sure. I like Vince, and I hope he plays well, and loses. I've always liked the Texans/Titans games, but now they're even more intense.

:redtowel:

DBCooper
10-26-2006, 04:27 PM

Pac-thug will have his hands full with AJ. Don't forget about Moulds, he'll be the one spiking the football after those touchdown passes.

real
10-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Pac played TO pretty well.

So did my grandma and everyone else he's faced this year...

2ToneBlue
10-26-2006, 04:49 PM
So did my grandma and everyone else he's faced this year...
Didn't TO have a 3 touchdown game this year....

Oh yeah it was against the Texans that's right.

Texan_Bill
10-26-2006, 04:56 PM

Sun shines on a dogs a** some days...............

2ToneBlue
10-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Sun shines on a dogs a** some days...............
I'm not the one that claimed my grandma could cover T.O. He's still one of the best in the NFL. THE best no, but top 10 at the very least. Johnson will be a good test for Pac-Man, I'm looking forward to it. Johnson has the height to be able to get the jump balls, speed is obviously in Pac's favor but he does have to anticipate the route. Will be a show.

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 05:14 PM
speed is obviously in Pac's favor but he does have to anticipate the route.

Not so fast 2Tone.

Ms. PacMan ran in the 4.4's, AJ ran in the 4.3's. He came in 2nd in the fastest man competition in 2004 and won the Big East 100 yd in 2002.

real
10-26-2006, 05:25 PM

I guess that went over your head...

Yard wise T.O had his second best game against you guys...
In fact he had his longest catch of the year against you all too...

He had his second worse against us....

2ToneBlue
10-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Not so fast 2Tone.

Ms. PacMan ran in the 4.4's, AJ ran in the 4.3's. He came in 2nd in the fastest man competition in 2004 and won the Big East 100 yd in 2002.
The 5-foot-10, 185-pound Jones won the Titans over with speed timed at 4.38-seconds in the 40-yard dash and his leaping ability in predraft workouts. He recorded a 39-inch vertical leap before the draft.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=9245

Johnson was timed at between 4.42-4.48, according to three scouts, in his first 40-yard dash. On the second, he ran between 4.37-4.40, scouts said. He also recorded a 41-inch vertical jump, a long jump of 10-feet, 9-inches, and a time of about 4.10 seconds in the short shuttle drill.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1519382&type=Columnist

I appologize they seem pretty dead even. I don't remember if Pac ran at the combine where Johnson got his time.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=9684 (no 40 yd for combine only 4.38 for Pro Day workout)

I guess Pac looks faster cause he feet move so much quicker, Johnson's got a longer stride for obvious reasons.

infantrycak
10-26-2006, 05:44 PM
The numbers at various sites are all over the place from as low as 4.33 for AJ to the ones you found and 4.38 to 4.45 or so for Jones. I suspect PacMan is faster out of the blocks but the longer the run the greater the advantage becomes for AJ. That is what happened to him at the fastest man competition--if it had been 110 yds he would have won as he was rapidly gaining.

UTVinceYoung
10-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes, I think Vince Young improves the rivalry between the Texans and the Titans for one reason. Vince Young is the hometown hero there in Texas. I remember seeing a petition and also a website made by Texan fans. Both websites were asking for Vince Young to be drafted. This request was denied obviously and Tennessee ended up taking him.

Vince really wanted to play with your team. I remember reading about that somewhere. I've also read somewhere Vince supposedly made a comment about the Texans will regret passing him up.

I have nothing against the Texans and their fans. I can't wait for the game on sunday. It is going to be interesting. I think Vince Young is going to have his best game that day just to show the Texans what they passed up. That is just my opinion.

Here's to a good game with no injuries.
Good luck Texans!

powerfuldragon
10-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes, I think Vince Young improves the rivalry between the Texans and the Titans for one reason. Vince Young is the hometown hero there in Texas. I remember seeing a petition and also a website made by Texan fans. Both websites were asking for Vince Young to be drafted. This request was denied obviously and Tennessee ended up taking him.

Vince really wanted to play with your team. I remember reading about that somewhere. I've also read somewhere Vince supposedly made a comment about the Texans will regret passing him up.

I have nothing against the Texans and their fans. I can't wait for the game on sunday. It is going to be interesting. I think Vince Young is going to have his best game that day just to show the Texans what they passed up. That is just my opinion.

Here's to a good game with no injuries.
Good luck Texans!

Who are you? Vince Young?
:sarcasm:

gwallaia
10-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Mattress Mac and all the Longhorn fans in Houston wanted him. I don't think the Texans ever seriously considered him.

TexanSam
10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
If David Carr continues to improve, which at the rate he is improving, he looks like he'll be a Pro Bowl QB maybe even next year, then we won't miss Vince Young at all. If Mario Williams continues to improve and becomes a dominant D-lineman, then we won't miss Vince Young at all. If Vince Young becomes an Archie Manning type QB, one who plays well but his teams always suck, and the Texans have an average QB but make the playoffs, we still won't miss him. And finally:

Right now: David Carr > Vince Young
Future: David Carr > Vince Young

Texans > Titans. Forever.

mexican_texan
10-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Mattress Mac and all the Longhorn fans in Houston wanted him. I don't think the Texans ever seriously considered him.
Nah, I wanted more picks. :yikes:

TexansBull
10-26-2006, 08:38 PM
If David Carr continues to improve, which at the rate he is improving, he looks like he'll be a Pro Bowl QB maybe even next year, then we won't miss Vince Young at all. If Mario Williams continues to improve and becomes a dominant D-lineman, then we won't miss Vince Young at all. If Vince Young becomes an Archie Manning type QB, one who plays well but his teams always suck, and the Texans have an average QB but make the playoffs, we still won't miss him. And finally:

Right now: David Carr > Vince Young
Future: David Carr > Vince Young

Texans > Titans. Forever.

Agree.

The answer to the poll is an overwhelming yes. Also I believe that both teams are in a growing stage to make this rivalry more interesting. There is just too much history now between the two teams that we will be rivals for sometime. Something drastic would have to happen to make this rivalry go away, or make another rivalry with another team superior.

Only if we played Dallas every year(I would like to see it on Thanksgiving) would make a bigger rival.

Look up the word rival in dictionary. Heck, wikipedia isn't the most reliable source, but look it up there. Go to NFL rivalries. Looking at those examples. I think we qualify.

Better yet, I dont know if this has been posted but here is what foxsports has to say:http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6108338

Pretty much sums it up.

And you know if the media prints it, it has to be true...:rolleyes:

sleepwalker
10-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Absolutely.

HOU-TEX
10-27-2006, 10:37 AM

I'm a Horn fan, but I wanted to trade back in order to get AJ Hawk. After we picked D-Roy, I thought to myself how sweet it would've been to have both Hawk and D-Roy.....oops, sorry, started dreamin again. Anyways, I'm satisfied with Mario.:redtowel: