PDA

View Full Version : More Roster Moves...

the wonger need food
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Oct. 25: Signed WR Derrick Lewis to the practice squad. Dropped G Cody Douglas from the practice squad. Signed G Mike Brisiel to the practice squad. Signed G Scott Jackson to the active roster.

Lewis was released yesterday and resigned to the practice squad. Not sure why he didn't get more touches. He seems to be more of a playmaker than Walter.

bah007
10-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Oct. 25: Signed WR Derrick Lewis to the practice squad. Dropped G Cody Douglas from the practice squad. Signed G Mike Brisiel to the practice squad. Signed G Scott Jackson to the active roster.

Lewis was released yesterday and resigned to the practice squad. Not sure why he didn't get more touches. He seems to be more of a playmaker than Walter.

Walter is a possesion guy that will go over the middle & take a lick to get a first down. I think that is the only situation we use him in.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
10-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Wonger any reason given as to why we needed a G added to the active roster? I have'nt missed a O-lineman injury have I?

El Tejano
10-25-2006, 12:51 PM
I think given the current hurt status of who we do have on our line and Bisiel just being cleared from the doctors to play, this may have been done as a precautionary thing for Bisiel to get his game shape back up to speed and have a guard there for emergency.

the wonger need food
10-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Everyone on the line (with the exception of Pitts) is banged up, but no one is expected to miss the next game. Maybe they just saw him as an upgrade over what they had. I believe that guys signed from other team's practice squads have to be put on the active roster.

jerek
10-25-2006, 01:26 PM
I like Walter too but Lewis looked relatively promising in the preseason. I wasn't impressed with his route running but he had speed and hands.

Honoring Earl 34
10-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Walter is a good special teams player .

Texans Horror
10-25-2006, 02:47 PM
My Weigert clock is ticking. We don't need guards. We need tackles...

tex
10-26-2006, 06:40 AM
The chronicle has Jackson listed as a tackle.

touttail
10-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Wonger any reason given as to why we needed a G added to the active roster? I have'nt missed a O-lineman injury have I?

Weigert and McKinney are banged up. So is Flannagan. :crutch:

Bobby 119C

cuppacoffee
10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
The chronicle has Jackson listed as a tackle.

The NFL page: has him as a C.

Scott Jackson
Position: C
Height: 6-4
Weight: 300
Born: 01/19/1979
College: Brigham Young
NFL Experience: 2

Maybe just a versatile backup? idonno:

:coffee:

Texans Horror
10-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Kubiak does like a guy who can play in different positions...

thunderkyss
10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
The NFL page: has him as a C.

Scott Jackson
Position: C
Height: 6-4
Weight: 300
Born: 01/19/1979
College: Brigham Young
NFL Experience: 2

Maybe just a versatile backup? idonno:

:coffee:

6' 4" 300lbs looks like Kubiak found a guy to fit his system, that is only been in the league for 2 years..... might be a diamond in the rough kinda thing. Not good enough for a man blocking system, but perfect for ours......... hmmmmmm

michaelm
10-26-2006, 02:46 PM
6' 4" 300lbs looks like Kubiak found a guy to fit his system, that is only been in the league for 2 years..... might be a diamond in the rough kinda thing. Not good enough for a man blocking system, but perfect for ours......... hmmmmmm

BYU.... maybe he has a little goin on up in the brain pan, too...

threetoedpete
10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
My Weigert clock is ticking. We don't need guards. We need tackles...

No sheet shrelock. Be nice to take one early day one this year with three top OLTs on the board. Can't fight All Day man love though.

I don't know and I ain't in the loop. My guess is that this gaurd translates better to LOT than the others do. A 302 pound gaurd appears to be a quick gaurd. What I'm reading between the lines is this is Salaam insurance. The left side has played very well the last four games. How much juice the grey beard has left in those thirtysomething legs is anybodies guess. There's a reason you load up on skill lineman in the draft. And we're fixing to live this one.

One last thingy, a lot of you banged on the Salaam move out of summer camp. A few "I was wrong" from those people would be nice. File that sheet under the Ko Simpson file. This coach knows what he's doing. If he picks somebody, he's got a reason.