PDA

View Full Version : McClain Can't Count.

BattleRedToro
10-25-2006, 12:00 AM
That's right. The longtime Houston Chronicle sports writer obviously can't count. In today's paper he wrote that Vince Young is 1-1 as an NFL starter. Someone should explain to McLame that VY's first start was against Dallas for a loss, followed by Indianapolis for a loss, and finally a win against Washington. That would make his record as an NFL starter 1-2. I understand that you have remained loyal to the former Oilers, but understating negative information about their QB to try and inflate his status as an NFL QB does not become you, McLame. You also had the audacity to call Mario a bust after only 3 games. My suggestion to you is: Eat Crow not :chicken:!

bah007
10-25-2006, 12:02 AM
I think he discounted the Indy game cuz they walked away with a "moral victory".
VY is about to be 1-3 as a starter tho

bah007
10-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Do "moral victories" help a team make the playoffs?

no. who said they did?

TexansLucky13
10-25-2006, 12:10 AM
McClain never has anything to say that is worth listening to.

RTP2110
10-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Hmmm, I thought VY came off the bench in the Dallas game.

feebleminded
10-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Hmmm, I thought VY came off the bench in the Dallas game.

According to NFL.com he started 3 games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/424340

Tulip
10-25-2006, 08:52 PM
He started the Dallas game, too. I remember Fisher named Collins the starter early in the week and then started acting extra fishy. VY wasn't publicly named the starter until they day before because Fisher was hoping that Parcells would only prepare for Kerry Collins.

McClain has been known to be wrong - he wrote a couple of weeks ago that Petey Faggins was on the PUP list, when in fact he was on the active roster all season.

mike moffat
10-26-2006, 10:36 AM
McClain is a dufus. He's been one for a long time. How he keeps his job is beyond me. Maybe he's got pictures of someone in important positions at the paper?:yikes:

TheOgre
10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
McClain has too much emotional investment in the old Oiler's organization to be the writer for the Texans. He still has one foot in the Titans/Oilers and one foot in the Texans. It doesn't make it enjoyable that he actually roots for a rival when they aren't playing us (and maybe even when they are).