PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar excuse thread

JD187
10-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Jesus, you guys finally get a win against us (Jaguars) and I finally see how I looked last year when the Jaguars beat the Steelers, who didn't have Big Ben, or Hines Ward. I mean there is such thing as an excuse, but that's not what I have for you today. What I have is a reason and I will prove it. Now I'm not to sure I have a reason that you won, but I do have a reason why you scored up 27 points against us. Now I know what you are all thinking, he's gonna blame it on injuries, and you know what? You're damn right. The losses that the Jaguars have sustained are brutal, starting with the D-Line. We have lost our best pass rusher who broke the franchise record in getting to the QB, last year, Reggie Hayward. Marcus Stroud, the man in the middle. Do you really think that Fred Weiry would have even been considered a match for him? On to linebackers, Mike Peterson. In 2005 alone he had 131 tackles, 6 sacks, and 3 interceptions (one for a touchdown). When you lose a playmaker like him it's very bad. So because of the loss to Mike Pete we had to move an outside linebacker into the middle and start a rookie, and someone who was cut from the Gianats last year. On the D-Line we had to move Rob Mier into fill for Stroud who was suppose to be filling in for Hayward. So we had 2 rookies on the D-Line throughout the game. We alos have Matt Jones out for many games. 6'6 reciever...need I say more? So this is what I have come up with. If the Texans had the same exact injuries as the Jacksonville Jaguars, it would look a little something like this...

Starting with your D-Line. Good ol'e Mario Wiliams. He forces offenses to throw him into the equation, double teaming him opening up something for another person. Will be an outstanding football player. Anthony Maddox, he was once a Jaguar was pretty good, he got even better in Texas, he just straight threw around Brad Meester. Now onto Middle Linebacker. Yep you guessed it Demeco Ryans. I don't know if there is enough I can say about this man. I can quote it exactly but I think I read a fan saying he's one of the best? Now onto the offensive side of the ball. Andre Johnson is your Matt Jones. He's big, fast, and he throws around CB's. He didn't actually burn Brian Williams on that cover, but Brian Williams and Donovan Darius looked like high schoolers to them. Do you actually think someone filling in for Andre could have made that same catch?

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Frankly, I don't even know who all those players are, but I agree with you at least partially. Injuries were bound to be a part of it.

Relax, most people are aware of these things.

hot pickle
Jesus, you guys finally get a win against us (Jaguars)

2004: 2-0 vs jags, so you either havent been a jags fan for very long, or your dumb

gsbtxn
Jesus, you guys finally get a win against us (Jaguars)...

Umm, we're 5-4 against your POS team. What's this "finally" mess you're talking about?

HJam72
10-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Guys, it looks to me like somebody went to the Jags board and got him all riled up by being an *** on their boards (I don't have any clue who), so let's not get too upset. By, "....finally got a win...." I think he just means since 2004. It has been a while.

Txn_in_Oki
10-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Finally? You're the Jags, not the frick'n Colts.

Troll.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Finally? You're the Jags, not the frick'n Colts.

Troll.

Ah, crud, I give up.

Go home, troll! LOL :)

amazingandre
10-24-2006, 05:05 PM
wtf everyone just settle down on the whole awwwww our team was hurt crap:brickwall u lost football is a game of injuries deal with it already. we will see who the real goats are after we play agan in jacksonville.......

HJam72
10-24-2006, 05:06 PM
we will see who the real goats are after we play agan in jacksonville.......

Um, yeah. I'm glad I didn't say that. :rolleyes:

amazingandre
10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
ya and why is that

JD187
10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Let me tell you all something. I don't buy all this pla hard. You guys played us "hard" when we had no team. We had Troy Edwards and Jermaine Lewis or our WR's. Not to mention Fred didn't even play in the game when you beat us in 2004. Not excuses but Byron had no targets to throw to. So don't bring up the past. If that's the case I could compare the Panthers to the Jaguars, because they beat us in our 1st game as a franchise. That was then, this is now. Totally new teams, this whole play hard thing wasn't even in the Jaguars heads, despite what our old ass Senior Editor might say. We have so many players that weren't on the team in 2004. Sure you are 5-4 against us. Congratulations, but I don't buy into that "play hard" one bit. Out with the old in with the new.

amazingandre
10-24-2006, 05:13 PM
so lets start new and fresh we got rid of capers and casserly now lets start from here on in we are 1-0 haha we win u lose go home troll......

travfrancis
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
YOU brought up the past with your cute remark

Txn_in_Oki
10-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Ah, crud, I give up.

Go home, troll! LOL :)

Eh, I think we were posting at the same time. Oh well, got it out of my system though.

brewhaus
10-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Let me tell you all something. I don't buy all this pla hard. You guys played us "hard" when we had no team. We had Troy Edwards and Jermaine Lewis or our WR's. Not to mention Fred didn't even play in the game when you beat us in 2004. Not excuses but Byron had no targets to throw to. So don't bring up the past. If that's the case I could compare the Panthers to the Jaguars, because they beat us in our 1st game as a franchise. That was then, this is now. Totally new teams, this whole play hard thing wasn't even in the Jaguars heads, despite what our old ass Senior Editor might say. We have so many players that weren't on the team in 2004. Sure you are 5-4 against us. Congratulations, but I don't buy into that "play hard" one bit. Out with the old in with the new.

You get another shot (just like the Texans) on November 12. Get well soon. :redtowel:

alphajoker
10-24-2006, 05:21 PM
2004: 2-0 vs jags, so you either havent been a jags fan for very long, or your dumb

Can't it be both?

NRowl
10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Until Sunday, I have always respected the Jags as a team and how they go about their business. But watching them quit the way they did in the fourth quarter made me sick to my stomach. If Jack Del Rio can't get this team to fight it looks like they'll be going down the path of the Raiders.

TexansSeminole
10-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Depth is part of football...if you can't win games when your team is hurt then your probably not a playoff caliber team...that is football and that is the NFL. It will happen again and again.

aj.
10-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Let me tell you all something. ... So don't bring up the past.. Sure you are 5-4 against us.... Congratulations, .... Out with the old in with the new.

We'll cut you some slack because bitterness and disillusionment is a powerful emotion. But wandering about aimlessly in a disaster area is not good therapy.

If it makes you feel better, type this 100 times for the theraputic effect: "yeah but we have a lot of injuries." On second thought -- scrap that idea. I'm guessing you've already typed that more than 100 times.

Speaking of not bringing up the past, don't you think it's time for you to look ahead to the Eagles ... and to get ready to be 3-4?

If Jack Del Rio can't get this team to fight it looks like they'll be going down the path of the Raiders.

Del Rio is the modern day version of Jerry Glanville.

mexican_texan
10-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Great av. aj. ;)

Have they decided that it was Leftie's fault yet? Or is it still injuries?

Colts Addict
10-24-2006, 05:59 PM

So... what is your excuse about losing to the Colts? Oh, thats right... we cheated, right? Over half of our defense was injured or out... and we had several rookies and back ups in. Yet, we still found a way to win. The point being, is that if your team has already decided they have an excuse to lose, because of injuries... they will lose. Good teams find ways to win, inspite of. Don't try and take the glory of a win by the Texans and belittle it, because you can't sleep at night, knowing your team got out played! :crying:

I guess things really do filter their way down... it starts with the excuses your coach lays out at every loss. You all want respect? Quit crying then and earn it.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 06:01 PM

Yeah, but when you beat us you had more talented players and our coaching staff sucked. So there! :tease:

GuerillaBlack
10-24-2006, 06:02 PM
So... what is your excuse about losing to the Colts? Oh, thats right... we cheated, right? Over half of our defense was injured or out... and we had several rookies and back ups in. Yet, we still found a way to win. The point being, is that if your team has already decided they have an excuse to lose, because of injuries... they will lose. Good teams find ways to win, inspite of. Don't try and take the glory of a win by the Texans and belittle it, because you can't sleep at night, knowing your team got out played! :crying:

I guess things really do filter their way down... it starts with the excuses your coach lays out at every loss. You all want respect? Quit crying then and earn it.

Beautiful :cool: .

JD187
10-24-2006, 06:05 PM
the entire point of my thread was that you guys don't have any reason to be bragging about this. you come on our forumns and talk so much **** it gets old. you beat a banged up jacksonville jaguars team, no excuses you won. a win is a win. i just get a little irratated at you stubborn fans. if you guys would have had injuries you would have done the same thats all there is to it. we are all fans just shut the **** up about it. there is no reason at all to talk **** about us...we will see you again. besides you are still 2 and 4, 2 games behind us.

Nawzer
10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
You pointed out all the injuries you guys have and no doubt that it is a factor on your team's play. But we also have injuries too. We lost Domanick Davis for the entire season and when healthy he's a top 10 type of back. We lost Seth Payne and our starting strong safety Glenn Earl didn't play. We just got back our other starting d-back in Demarcus Faggins and he played well. Antwaan Peek who's not 100% played and played well. We lost our starting left tackle Charles Spencer for the season few games ago. Our starting guard Steve McKinney didn't play on Sunday. Our pro-bowl return man Jerome Mathis hasn't played yet, he's injured. Bottom line is that everyone's got injuries to deal with and yeah you guys have some big ones. But so do we right now. And add that to our youth it's even more impressive the way we beat the Jags on Sunday.

Colts Addict
10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
the entire point of my thread was that you guys don't have any reason to be bragging about this. you come on our forumns and talk so much **** it gets old. you beat a banged up jacksonville jaguars team, no excuses you won. a win is a win. i just get a little irratated at you stubborn fans. if you guys would have had injuries you would have done the same thats all there is to it. we are all fans just shut the **** up about it. there is no reason at all to talk **** about us...we will see you again. besides you are still 2 and 4, 2 games behind us.

2 games behind you? Technically, they are tied with you in the division... but 1 game behind you in the league. Unless you all won some game noone is aware of and aren't 3-3 anymore??? With the Texans being 2-4 and a win over you... that makes you tied in the division, but 1 game behind you in the league.

Why do you think everyone kept saying that we were 2 games ahead of you, when at one point, our record only indicated 1 game? Because we beat you!

TexansSeminole
10-24-2006, 06:15 PM
You pointed out all the injuries you guys have and no doubt that it is a factor on your team's play. But we also have injuries too. We lost Domanick Davis for the entire season and when healthy he's a top 10 type of back. We lost Seth Payne and our starting strong safety Glenn Earl didn't play. We just got back our other starting d-back in Demarcus Faggins and he played well. Antwaan Peek who's not 100% played and played well. We lost our starting left tackle Charles Spencer for the season few games ago. Our starting guard Steve McKinney didn't play on Sunday. Our pro-bowl return man Jerome Mathis hasn't played yet, he's injured. Bottom line is that everyone's got injuries to deal with and yeah you guys have some big ones. But so do we right now. And add that to our youth it's even more impressive the way we beat the Jags on Sunday.

Good points.

bah007

Every team in pro football is gonna have injuries. That is why you need to have depth at every position. It's just part of the game

mexican_texan
Nope, we're 2nd. Jags are 0-2 and Titans 0-1 in the division.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
2 games behind you? Technically, they are tied with you in the division... but 1 game behind you in the league. Unless you all won some game noone is aware of and aren't 3-3 anymore??? With the Texans being 2-4 and a win over you... that makes you tied in the division, but 1 game behind you in the league.

Why do you think everyone kept saying that we were 2 games ahead of you, when at one point, our record only indicated 1 game? Because we beat you!

I don't get it. :tease:

Colts Addict
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Nope, we're 2nd. Jags are 0-2 and Titans 0-1 in the division.

Ahhh... good point. I guess I missed that in all my hollaring at the Jags dude. LOL

aj.
10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
the entire point of my thread was that you guys don't have any reason to be bragging about this. you come on our forumns and talk so much **** it gets old. you beat a banged up jacksonville jaguars team, no excuses you won. a win is a win. i just get a little irratated at you stubborn fans. if you guys would have had injuries you would have done the same thats all there is to it. we are all fans just shut the **** up about it.

Priceless... lol

I almost feel sorry for the guy ...

you are still 2 and 4, 2 games behind us.

Not to put you completely over the edge, but we are only 1 game behind you.....and there's a chance we'll be tied with you at 3-4 after next week.

DominickDavisFan76
10-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I mean i dont care that their is a Colts fan on our boards, cuz he is backing us up..lol

but...why? this is a post about the Jags losing to the Texans, how did a Colt fan get in the middle of this

just thought id point that out..

Colts Addict
10-24-2006, 07:21 PM
I mean i dont care that their is a Colts fan on our boards, cuz he is backing us up..lol

but...why? this is a post about the Jags losing to the Texans, how did a Colt fan get in the middle of this

just thought id point that out..

That he, would be a she... just so you know. ;) However, I had come over here to congratulate you all on the win and I frequently scan your board on a regular basis, due to the fact that I have always liked your fanbase and the moderation of your board is very similar to ours, which I like.

Although I don't like to get into the middle of stuff with other fans on other fans boards... it just irritated the crap out of me that some Jags fan decided to come over here to try and "piss on your parade" so to speak... and the fact that we deal with all the Jags trolls on a regular basis who do the exact same thing to us everytime we beat them, as there is ALWAYS some excuse and never the fact they just got beat... I felt compelled to step in and say my peace.

If anyone deserves some success, its your fanbase. I said it in another thread... I wish it was the Texans competing for the Division title, instead of the Jags. I like your fanbase a whole lot better... and being a Colts fan, with memories of totally sucking not too far away in the past... I relate well to your fanbase.

Anyway... I try to be as polite as I can be... I guess Jags fans though, bring out the worst in me. :cool:

TexansSeminole
10-24-2006, 07:21 PM
I think it is good we have fans of other teams on our board...

Kaiser Toro
10-24-2006, 07:23 PM
I think it is good we have fans of other teams on our board...

Agreed, but with respect and an ever watching stinkeye directed towards their virtual persona. ;)

The Pencil Neck
10-24-2006, 07:35 PM
...The losses that the Jaguars have sustained are brutal, starting with the D-Line...

Blah blah blah.

Ultimately, it's about winning and losing. Every team has injuries and every team could make excuses.

You lost to a team without a running game. We have no running game becuase our best running back is on IR. OK, you couldn't stop the team with no running game from running becuase you had injuries. So what? We have a horrible offensive line that's lost its starting left tackle and is having to start a guy at left tackle that played for the Jags last year and we've been told (by Jag's fans) that he's a turnstile So... your second string dlinemen are so bad they couldn't get a sack even though our LT is a turnstile. OK.

You're missing an LB and had to start a rookie. We're starting a couple of rookies on defense, too, and other offenses we've played have been lighting us up for over 400 yards a game. We know how that rookie thing feels... but your offense didn't light us up. Why was that? Oh, yeah, Leftwich is hurt and Matt Jones is out. So... you only have one receiver? You should have tried running against us, other teams have been killing us on the ground. But you didn't... why was that?

Basically, your team played some good teams very close and very hard and then you looked past us because we suck. We were a 2-14 team last year and we only had 1 win coming in and your entire focus was on catching the Colts this year. We've got a rookie head coach trying to make things work with another regime's players and frankly, it hasn't been working out, yet. With a good gameplan and decent coaching, your team beats us easily.

But the point of playing the game isn't what you do when everything is perfect, it's what you do with the players you've got against the teams you have to play. Let's see if your team has the cojones to pull it together or if they're going to unravel because they lost to a team that sucks?

Colts Addict
10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=Colts Addict;478405]I like your fanbase a whole lot better... and being a Colts fan, with memories of totally sucking not too far away in the past... I relate well to your fanbase. QUOTE]

All I can say to that is: :wherewill ...when the Texans don't suck?

Where I am right now... probably doing the same things you all are doing, because I assume that the Colts will suck again. Every franchise goes through their ups and downs, thanks to parity in the league. I am enjoying the ride right now, because I know it won't be here forever... and I am hoping that we can win a SB before we start the decline and you all starting beating the crap out of us... which I have no doubt will happen one day soon.

The Pencil Neck
10-24-2006, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=BattleRedToro;478429]

Where I am right now... probably doing the same things you all are doing, because I assume that the Colts will suck again. Every franchise goes through their ups and downs, thanks to parity in the league. I am enjoying the ride right now, because I know it won't be here forever... and I am hoping that we can win a SB before we start the decline and you all starting beating the crap out of us... which I have no doubt will happen one day soon.

Yeah, I think that's the healthiest way to look at it. The cyclical nature of the game brings everyone down eventually.

I mean, the Niners had some decent years in the 60's and then most of the 70's they sucked, then they were great 80's and 90's and then they went back down again and are trying to claw their way back up. It's amazing how long the Bengals were down after being so good there in the 80's.

We sucked last year and hopefully we're getting better now. Hopefully, we'll be great soon... But we'll suck again in the future at some point.

C'est la vie.

Osso
10-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Do these jag-offs honestly think thier injuries are more decimating than ours?
:chicken: :shoot:

bah007
10-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Do these jag-offs honestly think thier injuries are more decimating than ours?
:chicken: :shoot:

Well they were missing MLB Peterson (excellent tackler) & DT Stroud (run stuffer). And we ran pretty good.
Note to Jags fans: a loss is still a loss

xfive4x
10-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Well they were missing MLB Peterson (excellent tackler) & DT Stroud (run stuffer). And we ran pretty good.
Note to Jags fans: a loss is still a loss

And our everydown best pass rusher. And our best reciever. And our short yardage running back. And his back up. And our nickle corner. That being said, a loss is still a loss.

threetoedpete
10-25-2006, 12:57 AM
I posted it the day of the game. We beat a beat up team. The injury report for the jags was laoded. Seems to be a trend though don't it. Always that one team and you can't explain it, but no matter how bad things are going, fate or what ever jumps up and rears it's head. Hey we're dancing. Have you seen our schedule ? See ya in three weeks.

The Pencil Neck
10-25-2006, 01:46 AM
And our everydown best pass rusher. And our best reciever. And our short yardage running back. And his back up. And our nickle corner. That being said, a loss is still a loss.

Try it without Fred Taylor or Jones-Drew. Those two combined would be our Domanick Davis. He's on IR now and his career is probably over.

We came in without our starting LT, (I think one of our guards was injured as well), one of our starting DT's, having to start our rookie LB at MLB (for the entire season so far) because the two guys that were supposed to be starting ahead of him are out, one of our LB's just coming off the PUP, our all-pro returner out (he might go on IR soon, he's on PUP right now), one of our starting CB's starting his first game of the season, and others I can't think of off the top of my head. We all have injuries but I don't think we've ever used the "well, we've got injuries" card to explain our losses.

Injuries are not why you lost this game. You lost this game because

1) you looked past us and didn't consider us a threat.
2) your coaching staff didn't pull Leftwich when he obviously shouldn't have been playing.

Right now, on paper, the Jags are the much better team. You should have beaten us. I can't wait to see what happens when we meet again. We'll probably lose but I want to see where our teams are sitting and how we both react to it.

phan1
10-25-2006, 02:39 AM
The whole media is giving the Jaguars an excuse for losing to the "gawd awful Texans". I can't find a single article about our win that doesn't mention how half the Jaguars team is injured. Sorry, but isn't this the same injury-ridden team that stomped all over the Jets 2 weeks ago? That's what I F'n thought!!! Now I think you guys will say that the bye-week totally ruined your momentum coming into this game. I guess Leftwich did play uncharacteristically bad, but still...

aj.
10-25-2006, 06:56 AM

...and OUR starting left tackle, our best defensive tackle, our starting running back, starting strong safety, our All Pro return man, our starting Sam LB who is just now starting to see limited action, and until this game one of our starting CBs who is just now starting to see action...

whatever

Week 8 is upon us and I'm in Titans mode.

Jags play the Eagles this week. I'm sure that injuries will be a problem for the Jags.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-25-2006, 07:28 AM

The Jags should still be able to beat "one of the worst teams in the league".

You guys sounded real confident before the game was played, even with all of those injuries.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Our starting left tackle, our best defensive tackle, our starting running back, our All Pro return man, our starting Sam LB who is just now starting to see limited action, and until this game one of our starting CBs who is just now starting to see action...

whatever

Week 8 is upon us and I'm in Titans mode.

Jags play the Eagles this week. I'm sure that injuries will be a problem for the Jags.

Philly has lost two close games in a row right? They will be out for blood.

thunderkyss
10-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Philly has lost two close games in a row right? They will be out for blood.

I hate to root for the Eagles...... but it's a must, we all have got to root for the Eagles to win it.

Houston, Eagles, & Denver to win in week 8.

JDizzle
10-25-2006, 07:36 AM

Yet you were still favored heavily to win the game.

Tailgate
10-25-2006, 07:46 AM

And our (the Texans) starting running back, and our pro bowl kick returner, and our starting nose tackle, and our starting left Tackle, our starting safety, also our starting guard did not start.... and basically our entire offensive line was all banged up and played pretty hurt per this article.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4285676.html

Hardcore Texan
10-25-2006, 01:13 PM

Didn't your team go 9-7 in 2004? and we were 7-9 IIRC. Two of our victories came against you and we handed you two loses. And you still manage 9 W's that season. So I don't buy all this stuff about injuries and no weapons to throw too, yada, yada, yada. Depth is a big part of success in the NFL.

Face it your team was outplayed, that is all. We are division rivals, these games will almost always be battles no matter how we play outside the division. And the Texans always get up to give the Jags a tough game.

There was a lot of complaining by the Jags in 2004 when they got swept, this angle is nothing new. FWIW, every team is dealing with injuries.

This past Sunday was the best we have played as an ENTIRE unit all year (minus the kicking game), the whole team looked much better.

touttail
10-26-2006, 07:00 AM

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Bobby 119C

wolfscar
10-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Try it without Fred Taylor or Jones-Drew. Those two combined would be our Domanick Davis. He's on IR now and his career is probably over.

We came in without our starting LT, (I think one of our guards was injured as well), one of our starting DT's, having to start our rookie LB at MLB (for the entire season so far) because the two guys that were supposed to be starting ahead of him are out, one of our LB's just coming off the PUP, our all-pro returner out (he might go on IR soon, he's on PUP right now), one of our starting CB's starting his first game of the season, and others I can't think of off the top of my head. We all have injuries but I don't think we've ever used the "well, we've got injuries" card to explain our losses.

Injuries are not why you lost this game. You lost this game because

1) you looked past us and didn't consider us a threat.
2) your coaching staff didn't pull Leftwich when he obviously shouldn't have been playing.

Right now, on paper, the Jags are the much better team. You should have beaten us. I can't wait to see what happens when we meet again. We'll probably lose but I want to see where our teams are sitting and how we both react to it.

Amen to all that. Every team has injuries and both the Texans and the Jags have a LOT of serious ones. We won because - on the day - we played better, we were better prepared and we wanted it more.