PDA

View Full Version : Finally Leadership and whaa Laa!!! A W.

El Tejano
10-24-2006, 03:38 PM
I like where Mckinney said that Carr came in the huddle and told the team we need to score now. Earlier in the week I mentioned how Carr didn't show any leadership. I am sure Carr does this alot but he may have been more profound this time because you never heard anybody say what Carr says in the huddle until the day after we put on our best performance as a team since our inception.

If Carr can keep that up with his level of play, this team can get to the corner and turn it.

I think it was nice to see our own Kailee Wong contribute in that department also but Ryans is becoming the man lately.

Texanfan4ever
10-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Moulds also said that Carr was the Leader of that game. Good to hear. He definitely shows WAY more confidence.

Marcus
10-24-2006, 03:54 PM
leadership = telling the team 'we need to score now' ??? lol:

bah007
10-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Eric Moulds has played a big part in Carr's leadership ability. I hear he has been taking Carr and Andre out to dinner to talk about intagibles, not just playing the game

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Battle Red Day
We always play the Jaguars well.
Buchannon replaced with Faggins' returning FORCED FUMBLE
Wong coming back
Jaguars having multiple injuries
Lundy successfull at running the ball
Peek stripping the ball

What do all those things add up to? Wow! Suddenly Carr is a leader! If the Titans entire starting lineup is somehow unable to play next Sunday, Carr will be the leader of all leaders. :rolleyes:

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm waiting to see when Vince Young will cease being a leader simply because the Titans suck.

LBC_Justin
10-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I know your being sarcastic but that is EXACTLY what leadership is. Guidance and Direction. He pointed them in the direction...which as scoring and then he guided the scoring drive. That is what leadership is....no fancy lasers, strobe lights, smoke machines, or emotional background music playing. Leadership is often a few words, followed my a few simple actions.

Just like a soldier saying, "We need to take that hill" or "We need to destroy that bunker", and then they start running forward.

the fact that Carr then led them down the field to score is what capped it.

Telling some one what to do then helping them do it is LEADERSHIP.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm sure Carr has said that before and the running game continued to suck and/or passes were dropped repeatedly, and/or coaches called bad plays, and/or he was sacked repeatedly by free and unblocked blitzers (not necesarilly talking about only this year). That's not even mentioning the times when, God forbid, he actually made a mistake himself.

The leader of this team is Gary Kubiak. Everybody else needs to get in line.

canadiantexan
10-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Battle Red Day
Wong coming back
Peek stripping the ball

What do all those things add up to? Wow! Suddenly Carr is a leader! If the Titans entire starting lineup is somehow unable to play next Sunday, Carr will be the leader of all leaders. :rolleyes:

:brickwall :brickwall

No all of those things add up to a win. The fact that the Texans players are saying he is and believing he is their leader and the fact he IS leading this team makes him a leader.
But I guess you know more about the behind the scenes player relationships than Moulds and McKinny.
Anyway enjoy the game Sunday as you watch DAVID CARR LEAD us to another VICTORY.:redtowel:

canadiantexan
10-24-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm sure Carr has said that before and the running game continued to suck and/or passes were dropped repeatedly, and/or coaches called bad plays, and/or he was sacked repeatedly by free and unblocked blitzers (not necesarilly talking about only this year). That's not even mentioning the times when, God forbid, he actually made a mistake himself.

The leader of this team is Gary Kubiak. Everybody else needs to get in line.

I seriously hope you dont want just 1 guy on this team being a leader. It is something that you must get from more than 1 source. Kubiak is not on the feild to lead them to a game winning score in the last two minutes so you better hope he is not the only leader on this team you need guys like Carr to be a leader because players look at each other for an example to not just the coaches.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:19 PM
:brickwall :brickwall

No all of those things add up to a win. The fact that the Texans players are saying he is and believing he is their leader and the fact he IS leading this team makes him a leader.
But I guess you know more about the behind the scenes player relationships than Moulds and McKinny.
Anyway enjoy the game Sunday as you watch DAVID CARR LEAD us to another VICTORY.:redtowel:

They are saying that because they can and it sounds all nice and PR. The fact is that Carr has been a leader on a bad team (most of the time, anyway) for almost 4.5 yrs. Anyone who can't see that doesn't have a good grasp of the fact that it's a TEAM sport and no one player on the field is just going to take over games and win them, especially not consistently.

Don't even talk about Vince Young because just for starters his D was better than the one he ran all over and that's the difference in the game.

I just get tired of all this, "We lost, let's get a new QB....oh! We won! We have a good QB now!" crapola. There's eleven players out there and that's only on the offense. Nothing against Carr at all, but that one catch by AJ, which could have been a pick, by the way, had more to do with this win than everything Carr did combined, including his "leadership".

canadiantexan
10-24-2006, 04:28 PM
I just get tired of all this, "We lost, let's get a new QB....oh! We won! We have a good QB now!" crapola. There's eleven players out there and that's only on the offense. Nothing against Carr at all, but that one catch by AJ, which could have been a pick, by the way, had more to do with this win than everything Carr did combined, including his "leadership".[/QUOTE]

I agree I'm not trying to say Carr is our leader. I'm just trying to say he is one of them. In order to win in the NFL you need leaders and not just one of them (Kubiak) as someone else stated. I believe you need them all the way from owner of the team to the long snapper. and yes I do think AJ is one of our leaders.
But I just dont think one catch went further towards are win than 18 completions two touchdowns and no picks just imho.

GP
10-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Battle Red Day
Wong coming back
Peek stripping the ball

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

I mean, all he said was that Carr came into the huddle and told them that they needed to score "now" to kill off the Jaguars. I gotta' admit that if we DON'T score, we probably have our defense peeved and exhausted enough to once again let a team drive down the field and possibly drive a nail in OUR coffin. The shots of our secondary during the drive that ended with the Taylor fumble showed guys with hands on their hips...fatigued...grasping at straws as to how to stop the Jaguars on what seemed to be a sure-fire TD drive by the Jags.

For Carr to come in and communicate that anything less than a score is unacceptable...and then to march down and accomplish it...tells me that he is doing what a lot of you think he hasn't been doing: Vocally leading the huddle and commanding it.

Still scratching my head as to why some of you are absoultely going off on one of our own board members like that. Amazing. :rolleyes:

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:29 PM
I seriously hope you dont want just 1 guy on this team being a leader. It is something that you must get from more than 1 source. Kubiak is not on the feild to lead them to a game winning score in the last two minutes so you better hope he is not the only leader on this team you need guys like Carr to be a leader because players look at each other for an example to not just the coaches.

You need some players to play well enough and lead by example. You might need some of them to do a little cheerleading (if the coach is not doing his job well enough). You don't necesarilly need the QB to be one of those players. He has a position to play and that is all that is really necesarry from him.

Most of all, he can be the greatest "leader" there ever was and many of these people would call him a joke and say that his lack of "leadership" was the problem if he played on a team of below average talent over-all. Give me 5 no-talent linemen and some ***** coach (liek Pendry) and I'll show you a QB with no "leadership" qualities. :rolleyes:

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:35 PM
For Carr to come in and communicate that anything less than a score is unacceptable...and then to march down and accomplish it...

So, did he not have 10 other players on the field? I don't remember Carr doing diddly squat by himself. As far as what he said, my point is that he's probably said things similar to that dozens of times before and, most of the time, it was a hopeless case. Talk is cheap. "Leadership" in many cases is a mirage.

This is absolutely nothing against Carr. This is a defense of him against all the past, "Carr is not a leader," bologne.

As far as the, "That's a little harsh..." stuff, I don't mean to be all angry at the the starter of this thread (whom I've long since forgotten) or any other individual. I just don't like the "leadership" bologne.

GP
10-24-2006, 04:35 PM
I like where Mckinney said that Carr came in the huddle and told the team we need to score now. Earlier in the week I mentioned how Carr didn't show any leadership. I am sure Carr does this alot but he may have been more profound this time because you never heard anybody say what Carr says in the huddle until the day after we put on our best performance as a team since our inception.

If Carr can keep that up with his level of play, this team can get to the corner and turn it.

I think it was nice to see our own Kailee Wong contribute in that department also but Ryans is becoming the man lately.

Two of you guys who are excercising your sarcasm muscles need to point out to me where exactly in ElTejano's post you are coming up with your clever quips.

Seriously, when did he say that Carr is the PERFECT leader? He didn't.

When did he compare him to Vince Young? He didn't bring VY into it.

When did he say that he wanted to get rid of Carr and now he wants him to stay? He isn't saying that.

Who peed in you guys' Cheerios this morning? Because al you are doing is being hateful about something that I rather enjoyed: People here (not naming names) say that Carr needs to be more vocal as a leader...BINGO! Real proof that he isn't just wandering around like a lost puppy as some would have us believe.

Thank you, El Tejano, for sharing your observation.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Like I said, it's not El Tejano. It's the word "leadership", which has been used by others time and time again against Carr. I'm surprised our reaction wasn't expected actually. idonno:

GP
10-24-2006, 04:39 PM
So, did he not have 10 other players on the field? I don't remember Carr doing diddly squat by himself. As far as what he said, my point is that he's probably said things similar to that dozens of times before and, most of the time, it was a hopeless case. Talk is cheap. "Leadership" in many cases is a mirage.

This is absolutely nothing against Carr. This is a defense of him against all the past, "Carr is not a leader," bologne.

As far as the, "That's a little harsh..." stuff, I don't mean to be all angry at the the starter of this thread (whom I've long since forgotten) or any other individual. I just don't like the "leadership" bologne.

I think it'd be wise for us to try and not personalize our responses as if someone else is sooooooo stupid for saying something. And I felt that's what you were doing to El Tejano. Marcus was doing just about the same thing, but then again it's par for the course for him to rag someone.

We're looking at a Texans team that needs EVERYONE to be as vocal and as direct in their leadership skills as David Carr. Again: I have seen numerous threads and posts on this very topic ("David Carr doesn't care" or "David doesn't get in the face of his players when he should" etc.) and El tejano is showing us that at a pivotal point in the game...the guy was very forceful that we don't just stay safe and run the ball or stay too conservative, etc.

I saw a Leftwich who was looking like he was at a funeral yesterday. Is THAT leadership? Nope. I think Carr, for whatever reason, naturally acts in a way that draws people to dislike him no matter what he does. Not sure if it's the Christianity thing, his looks, what he says in the media sometimes. Puzzles me.

Re-trace your words at the start of this thread and pretend you can detach yourself from your own emotions on this topic. If someone wrote what you said (and it was directed at YOU) would you think you'd jusy been slammed? I would.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I just have a strong disagreement. There's not hate here.

tulexan
10-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I thought being a leader was pointing out John Candy in the stands?

HJam72
10-24-2006, 04:45 PM
A stupid act or comment (stupid in my OPINION) does not make a person stupid. I guess I'm just being too aggressive here and it's coming off as offensive.

Sorry about that.

I'm done with this thread anyway. I've said plenty.

GP
10-24-2006, 04:46 PM
I just have a strong disagreement. There's not hate here.

That's cool.

I like to use phrases such as "In my opinion" or "I hear what you're saying, but I don't agree at all."

It shows people I respect their opinion, but here's why I disagree with it...And, oh by the way: It's all just that: Opinion.

Look, I'm not anybody's dad here. I used to NOT qualify my opinions and it got a lot of people angry at me when I was "just trying to share my point of view."

That's all I'm saying.

eriadoc
10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
The whole leadership garbage is just tired, IMO. The team wins or loses because 22 guys are moving in concert. Such-and-such being a leader is just way overplayed and beyond old.

NATHANHALE
10-24-2006, 04:57 PM
I know your being sarcastic but that is EXACTLY what leadership is. Guidance and Direction. He pointed them in the direction...which as scoring and then he guided the scoring drive. That is what leadership is....no fancy lasers, strobe lights, smoke machines, or emotional background music playing. Leadership is often a few words, followed my a few simple actions.

Just like a soldier saying, "We need to take that hill" or "We need to destroy that bunker", and then they start running forward.

the fact that Carr then led them down the field to score is what capped it.

Telling some one what to do then helping them do it is LEADERSHIP.

...great, now we know how to win the rest of our games, as Carr just needs to proclaim in the huddle 'we need to score now'---alrighty then!!:lightbulb: :lightbulb: :yikes:

FirstTexansFan
10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
We all need to take a MIDOL sandwich.....NOW! <----Leader :)

Tyr
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
All that this is is just proof that you can't make everyone happy.

There is no denying that many posters on this messageboard have been calling for Carr to step up and be a leader. After this win, you have multiple guys come out immediately and state that Carr stepped into that leadership role Sunday.

- Kubiak (for those that saw the clips of the locker room speech after the game), was hesitant to assign game balls until Monday. However, I thought it was telling that he directly made a reference to Carr coming to him wanting the ball. I believe it was even brought up in the press conference. I do know that Kubiak made it a point again to mention Carr's leadership on Sunday

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/2003/texans/demand/kubiak102206.rm&proto=rtsp [Texans Multimedia Insider, please remove if not appropriate]

- Moulds in a locker room interview making it a point to commend Carr on taking control and being a leader Sunday.

- McKinney coming pointing out Carr and his leadership in the huddle.

So someone decides to make a post referencing this and suddenly you have everyone [exaggerated] stating this is played out and old, it takes 22 guys to win a game, etc.

Of course it takes the whole team to win, no one is arguing this. This to me is simply reference that the player that many felt NEEDED to be A (not necessarily THE) leader on this team is indeed improving in this area as well as others.

Let's all relax and enjoy all the positive that is occurring without the need of continued nitpicking (IMO).

HJam72
10-24-2006, 05:03 PM
That's cool.

I like to use phrases such as "In my opinion" or "I hear what you're saying, but I don't agree at all."

It shows people I respect their opinion, but here's why I disagree with it...And, oh by the way: It's all just that: Opinion.

Look, I'm not anybody's dad here. I used to NOT qualify my opinions and it got a lot of people angry at me when I was "just trying to share my point of view."

That's all I'm saying.

I wasn't going to say anything else, but I will say that you're really right about that. It's not personal, because I honestly don't even pay attention to who is posting (whether they agree or disagree with me) most of the time (I just see posts and don't notice who is posting), but I do need to be more carefully about being so argumentative in threads that are on my "push-button" list, so to speak. It's probably mainly just a matter of me neglecting to add the, "In my opinion," part a lot of times.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Props to those that are giving Carr credit here, I just disagree on why they're doing it.

OK, for the 3rd time, I'm outta here. :)

Hookem Horns
10-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I too much be a leader because I said the same thing. "We must score right here!".

NATHANHALE
10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
That's a little harsh, don't you think?

I mean, all he said was that Carr came into the huddle and told them that they needed to score "now" to kill off the Jaguars. I gotta' admit that if we DON'T score, we probably have our defense peeved and exhausted enough to once again let a team drive down the field and possibly drive a nail in OUR coffin. The shots of our secondary during the drive that ended with the Taylor fumble showed guys with hands on their hips...fatigued...grasping at straws as to how to stop the Jaguars on what seemed to be a sure-fire TD drive by the Jags.

For Carr to come in and communicate that anything less than a score is unacceptable...and then to march down and accomplish it...tells me that he is doing what a lot of you think he hasn't been doing: Vocally leading the huddle and commanding it.

Still scratching my head as to why some of you are absoultely going off on one of our own board members like that. Amazing. :rolleyes:

...go back and read many of your own posts that 'go off' relentlessly on posters that you don't agree with

Double Barrel
10-24-2006, 05:22 PM

Actually it should read: leadership = telling the team 'we need to score now'...and then actually scoring on same drive.

Leadership is by example, IMO. They can be quiet, or wordy, but at the end of the day, leaders must produce on the field.

El Tejano
10-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Two of you guys who are excercising your sarcasm muscles need to point out to me where exactly in ElTejano's post you are coming up with your clever quips.

Seriously, when did he say that Carr is the PERFECT leader? He didn't.

When did he compare him to Vince Young? He didn't bring VY into it.

When did he say that he wanted to get rid of Carr and now he wants him to stay? He isn't saying that.

Who peed in you guys' Cheerios this morning? Because al you are doing is being hateful about something that I rather enjoyed: People here (not naming names) say that Carr needs to be more vocal as a leader...BINGO! Real proof that he isn't just wandering around like a lost puppy as some would have us believe.

Thank you, El Tejano, for sharing your observation.

Thanks guys. I had a thread earlier after the Dallas game that talked about nobody looking like they were leading this team. I didn't say Carr was the only leader of this team, I mentioned he showed leadership.

I didn't say it was because of this one game, or any previous games. I didn't say he is now the answer all to all of our leadership problems. I simply pointed out that leadership took place in that game and that was an inside example that was given to us by Mckinney. Look at the whole that team made to get Lundy in there after he said that. There was some maximum effort being placed there.

My point was that if Carr can continue to be like that and show the same kind of production we can get to that corner that we so badly want to turn. Players on offense and defense will bring up their level of play.

phan1
10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
This "leadership" talk is so overblown. We win when we play well, we lose when we don't. It's not like we won this game because Carr woke up last Sunday and said "hey, I'm going to be a leader today". If you want to talk about leadership, than I think it has to do with the "vibe" of the team and the team's atmosphere. It has more to do with what you did during the season than what you did on a particular Sunday afternoon.

One of the things I do like is Kubiak teaching Carr how to be a leader in general. For example against the Colts, Kubiak told Carr to keep playing hard despite the fact we were getting blown out. Who want to play hard if their QB isn't playing hard? He's also teaching him how to properly prepare for games. Looking back, this is a guy who really needed somone to coach him, and Palmer pretty much said "see you on Sunday, kid". When the staff is having that attitude about it, can you blame him for being the first guy home from practice?

Please_Evolve
10-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Figures.

We lost in the past and everyone is ready to jump Carr for poor play etc etc...

We win and he plays a good game, no big mistakes, shows some leadership when needed. No credit.

how fickle the Carr haters are.

GP
10-24-2006, 06:39 PM
...go back and read many of your own posts that 'go off' relentlessly on posters that you don't agree with

Yes, but only when I am engaged with them one-on-one...not in a drive-by shooting. And I pretty much only engage in that kind of activity when the first grenade has been lobbed my way.

A little perspective is needed here. Glad to provide it.

And looka' here, Nathanhale: I didn't roast HJam or anything in my responses. I relayed to him what's been relayed to me before. It's all good, broseph. I like HJam and that's why I started a conversation with him.

TexansSeminole
10-24-2006, 06:52 PM
It is good to see him become more vocal. Hopefully this can continue, and the team can form a trust with him at QB, because I really dont want to go through drafting another QB.

TexansSeminole
10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
This "leadership" talk is so overblown. We win when we play well, we lose when we don't. It's not like we won this game because Carr woke up last Sunday and said "hey, I'm going to be a leader today". If you want to talk about leadership, than I think it has to do with the "vibe" of the team and the team's atmosphere. It has more to do with what you did during the season than what you did on a particular Sunday afternoon.

I think you, and many other posters, are coming to the conclusion that people actually beleive that ONE thing(Carr's leadership or really any other factor) is the reason that we won or lost a game. If someone specifically talks about something that happened, as in this thread, please do not post how it is not why we won or why we lost unless that person SPECIFICALLY says that is why and only why we won or lost. Most likely that person wants to talk about that SPECIFIC event or factor, rather than the 100 other factors that played into the conclusion of the game.

I think it is obvious that more than one thing constitutes the winner of a football game.

One of the things I do like is Kubiak teaching Carr how to be a leader in general. For example against the Colts, Kubiak told Carr to keep playing hard despite the fact we were getting blown out. Who want to play hard if their QB isn't playing hard? He's also teaching him how to properly prepare for games. Looking back, this is a guy who really needed somone to coach him, and Palmer pretty much said "see you on Sunday, kid". When the staff is having that attitude about it, can you blame him for being the first guy home from practice?

These are the things people like to discuss. But to assume that someone is trying to say that one thing is the only reason we won or lost is not something you should do.

GP
10-24-2006, 10:10 PM
We all need to take a MIDOL sandwich.....NOW! <----Leader :)

Gets my vote as funniest post of the day.

I was thinking the same thing. It's like a few guys woke up with cramps or something.

Why the anger? We won a game against a rival. Live it up a little.

texan_fan_8
10-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Moulds also said that Carr was the Leader of that game. Good to hear. He definitely shows WAY more confidence.

And this is all i've been saying for months. For the same reason when he doesn't lead he sucks the air out of the room...I hope he can begin to understand this.

BuffSoldier
10-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Props to those that are giving Carr credit here, I just disagree on why they're doing it.

OK, for the 3rd time, I'm outta here. :)

I agree with you... not totaly, but I do agree that Carr has always done the same things, you can see him on TV when they are playing bad he will yell at the team in the huddle or on the sidelines and try to get them to play harder. Then when we lose people say that Carr throws tantrums. If we had won those games people would be saying it is because Carr lite a fire in them and made them play harder.

Now that we actually have reliable pass pro, and a few play makers, Carr s no longer throwing tantrums, hes leading the team. Carr has always been a leader on the team, but when you are loosing and getting sacked 9 times a game it doesnt make a difference.

thunderkyss
10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I know your being sarcastic but that is EXACTLY what leadership is. Guidance and Direction. He pointed them in the direction...which as scoring and then he guided the scoring drive. That is what leadership is....

It's a crying shame that you have to tell our offense they need to score when they are on the field. I can see why you're so thrilled, but I'd like to know what did Carr tell them to do those other possessions?? Try to look pretty??

I don't know how Carr's leadership is going. If the players are saying that he is taking control of the Offense, of the team then that's great, & I'm thrilled to hear it.

But guys like Culpepper & McNabb will continue to struggle, because they make too many mistakes. Everybody slips up every now and then. Nobody cares that BretFarve throws umpteen INTs a season, those aren't mistakes, he's trusting his recievers to make a play......... Well, back when he was BrettFarve....

the Leader of the team has to be more perfect than not, but he doesn't have to be perfect. People understand the leader is human, and it's good to see them mess up once in a while...... but when you're leader is messing up every other week, or in every big game, or is blowing chunks when it's time to pony up.....

nah, it's kinda hard to follow that guy.

Carr looked pretty good yesterday.... his composure, his command, he didn't make any big mistakes that I'm aware of.... I can believe players saying these things about him, & I'm happy.

Pantherstang84
10-24-2006, 10:49 PM
The old military definition of a leader is the guy who says, "Follow me!"

From what Kube said in the presser and the other offensive players comments, that's what Carr did. He went to Kube and said, "Give me the ball so we can make some plays."

Like other posters have said, Carr leading the offense is not the only factor in the win. However, on offense it starts with the QB. The QB has to be a field general. Despite what the Carr haters say, seeing Carr step into that role is a very good thing.

ansuz118
10-24-2006, 11:14 PM
I celabrate one win at a time.forget the past it do's not matter.the only way people will respect the texans.is if we go to the supper bowl and the only way we will do that is through a team effort the team needs to be a leader carr is a lot better than what he gets credit for he always has been but actions speake louder than words you all seen that sunday!ohh!i was at the dallas game if we would of had a running game we could of won

phan1
10-25-2006, 02:50 AM
These are the things people like to discuss. But to assume that someone is trying to say that one thing is the only reason we won or lost is not something you should do.

Well, if you look at the title of the post, it kind speaks for itself... I think you can assume that from the title of the post, it is inferring that we won because we had "leadership" that day. Sorry if I misinterpreted the post. Plus, it seems like Carr's "leadership" is judged on a week-by-week basis on these forums. That is something I don't agree with at all.

powerfuldragon
10-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Voila?

El Tejano
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Well the title of the thread is only to show how we can play if we have some leadership. The thread never said Finally CARR shows leadership and whaa laa!!!

I know alot of people actually want to see Carr fail just because they don't like him or wanted Vince Young.

Again the point of this was during the Cowboy game you didn't see a whole lot of that from anyone. I am sure there has been plenty of times when Carr has displayed this before but this was the first time it was brought out in the open for us to read about. I am just pointing out that there was several references in the paper about leaders everywhere on Sunday. I wish they would've said someone else in the paper but other than Carr all I got in reference to other players was the word - Guys.

Marcus
10-25-2006, 05:46 PM
I got a negative rep from someone calling me a "Carr hater" for saying that. But what floored me, was this was the first time someone was man enough to give his name. My respects.

But you're wrong about that. I'm a Carr apologist more than anything. But the thing that riles me more than anything . . . is the incessant "Carr is not a leader" bullcrap, mixed in with the "We HAVE to take Vince Young because he's a leader" garbage" that pours out of these 'Carr-haters' mouths any chance they get, when they wouldn't know what 'leadership' or 'being a leader' was if it was a bug crawling up their leg.

Then, all of a sudden they win a game, and all of a sudden "Carr's a leader"??:brickwall

For christ sakes!

dtran04
10-25-2006, 05:49 PM
The logic I get: If you win, you're a leader. If you lose, you're not.

Marcus
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
I know alot of people actually want to see Carr fail just because they don't like him or wanted Vince Young.
I agree with that 100%.

El Tejano
10-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Seems like the players agree:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4291518.html

Especially the last sentence in this article.