PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak radio show on 610?

Cjeremy635
10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey guys/gals, I missed the show yesterday so I couldn't hear anything that Kubes said. Can anyone give me a recap and fill me in on the interview? Appreciate any input coming.

real
10-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey guys/gals, I missed the show yesterday so I couldn't hear anything that Kubes said. Can anyone give me a recap and fill me in on the interview? Appreciate any input coming.

I listened to the whole interview and cant remember a single thing he said...:tease:

Marcus
10-24-2006, 11:51 AM
I remembering him saying that he was impressed with the play of Guss Scott and Maddox, and that he noticed an over overall improvement with the defense now that Wong and Faggins are back. And he said Mario is continuing to improve week by week. Offense, talked about Lundy of course. Other than that, it's a blank.

real
10-24-2006, 11:51 AM
He also talked about Peek....

ledzeppelin229
10-24-2006, 12:02 PM
I remembering him saying that he was impressed with the play of Guss Scott and Maddox, and that he noticed an over overall improvement with the defense now that Wong and Faggins are back. And he said Mario is continuing to improve week by week. Offense, talked about Lundy of course. Other than that, it's a blank.

Did he say anything about Lundy's number of carries next week? (Picked him up in FF...)

TEXANS84
10-24-2006, 12:20 PM
I am hoping he is going with Simmons over Earl for the remainder of the season.

Jason isn't scared to lay the smack down on any opponents.

kingh99
10-24-2006, 12:24 PM
RE Simmons over Earl it's been funny to watch the personnel picture develop this season. In training camp the guys who always come on strong came on strong again. And almost to a man, every one of these past failure workout warriors have been deep sixed on the bench or cut. you heard Kubes and the coaching staff talking up everyone from Wade to P-Buc but in the end their true colors came shining through. Ditto with moving Simmons in and Earl out. Didn't Capers pretty much come to the same conclusion? Pretty funny. Simmons is one of those sawed off guys with attitude. I love those Sam Mills guys.

eriadoc
10-24-2006, 12:25 PM

He said that Simmons played a heck of a game on his 610 interview, so maybe. Simmons, to me, is one of those workmanlike guys that goes out and busts his butt and good things seem to come to him. We can use some of that right now.

run-david-run
10-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Simmons also has 100% of our interceptions. Get him out there!

El Tejano
10-24-2006, 03:31 PM

IMO, this was the main reason our defense played better.

To begin with, the number of missed tackles were down.

2nd Jason is the one DB we have that has played all the positions in our DB before, with that in mind Dunta and Sanders knew Jason was not out of position and were able to play more aggressively

3rd CC came back in the game making tackles alot better. Like Kube said, some guys need to sit back and look and go back out there and do it all over again.

Who came in for Earl?

TexansLucky13
10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Simmons also has 100% of our interceptions. Get him out there!

He made an awesome play on the ball to get that pick, too.

Anyone know where I could find maybe the transcript for the interview, if that exists?

TransplantTexan1
10-24-2006, 03:56 PM
I just looked at the updated Texans roster and didn't know that Guss Scott was THAT Guss Scott from Florida. Not a bad move to pick him up. He's got some ability.

El Tejano
10-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I just looked at the updated Texans roster and didn't know that Guss Scott was THAT Guss Scott from Florida. Not a bad move to pick him up. He's got some ability.

is he a rookie or what?

Texans_Chick
10-24-2006, 04:04 PM

Kubiak said that Jon Hoke was familiar with him from college.

dalemurphy
10-24-2006, 04:47 PM

Simmons is a true free safety. I think I'd rather have Earl playing SS than Brown right now, but I agree that the DBfield is better with a Simmons out there and CCBrown that it is with CCBrown playing at FS and Earl on the Strong side.

If you're saying that Simmons hits harder or tackles better than Earl then you are mistaken

TEXANS84
10-24-2006, 05:05 PM
If you're saying that Simmons hits harder or tackles better than Earl then you are mistaken

Yes, Simmons definitley hits harder than Earl.

Ask Chris Brown (Titans) or Barry Simms (Raiders) where they thought they were after Simmons hit them.

Brown had his shoulder seperated/concussion on the hit, and Barry Simms (offensive lineman) helmet/mouthpiece was 20 feet behind him.

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5040/chrisbrownhitedited8sx.gif

Kaiser Toro
10-24-2006, 05:13 PM

Interesting.

wenskek
10-24-2006, 07:06 PM
simmons is definatly an upgrade over earl.

TexansSeminole
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM

Ya i beleive Hoke coached at Mizzou and Florida. Defensive Coordinator at both i beleive (Maybe not at UF).

I know his daughter...im pretty sure she told me that he was DC at those colleges.

HJam72
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Ya i beleive Hoke coached at Mizzou and Florida. Defensive Coordinator at both i beleive (Maybe not at UF).

I know his daughter...im pretty sure she told me that he was DC at those colleges.

Interesting.

CMoak1982
10-24-2006, 09:26 PM
He was the d backs coach at Florida, and he did the same stuff he does here. I don't like the way our secondary plays off the receiver all the time, he is well respected and supposedly a very good secondary coach but if we get the secondary a little more physical and up I believe there will be more plays made. I understand zone schemes have them in one spot but with as much blitzing we've done lately which indicate alot of man on man he should have them shadowing the receiver a little more or jamming them, I'm just not a big fan of letting the receiver have a free go off the line and blow right by our secondary.

aj.
10-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Brown had his shoulder seperated/concussion on the hit, and ...

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5040/chrisbrownhitedited8sx.gif

Brown hurt his shoulder on that hit and left the game, but he was back in the starting lineup the following week. Simmons missed the next six games with a concussion.