PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching the Cowboys/Giants?

Texan Asylum
10-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Did you guys see the dude at the beginning of the game, right after Hank Jr??? The dude was wearing white face paint, silver and blue paint around the eyes, and holding a card with something about ESPN and Parcells. Well that guy is my Preacher from the Church we go to. :yikes: Needless to say, he IS an avid Cowboys fan.

He was over for dinner last Sunday for the Texans/Cowboys game. Sure wish I could've had something to razz him about the whole game...but wasn't in the cards.:crutch:

The man is a SERIOUS man of God. Just has some quirks about him...like rooting for the Cowboys is one for instance.

edo783
10-23-2006, 09:40 PM
.like rooting for the Cowboys is one for instance.

He will be getting some serious burn time for that.:rolleyes:

Khari
10-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Go NY!....Dallas sucks......:lightbulb:

Scooter
10-23-2006, 10:18 PM
a new york team playing a dallas team. i dont think i'd be interested enough to watch even if it was the superbowl.

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm on the Cowboy forum participating in the "Official Game Thread", and these guys want to bench Bledsoe.....

Can you believe that?? Those maroons left Strahan & Lavar unblocked on two different occassions, Bledsoe is KO'd & they can't understand why he is itching to get the ball out of his hand.

This is after Bledsoe dived into the endzone, sacrificing his body just 6 plays earlier......

some fans....... sheesh.

nunusguy
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
The ESPN halftime show is rolling.
What are the chances that they announce that the Texans 6th round pick, running back Wali Lundy, now has more TDs from the los than all time great and soon to be announced HOF rookie back Reggie Bush ? I'm guessing they don't mention this interesting statistic ?

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Woops, shouldn't have said nothing.... Romo is starting the second half.

CenTexNative
10-23-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm on the Cowboy forum participating in the "Official Game Thread", and these guys want to bench Bledsoe.....

Can you believe that?? Those maroons left Strahan & Lavar unblocked on two different occassions, Bledsoe is KO'd & they can't understand why he is itching to get the ball out of his hand.

This is after Bledsoe dived into the endzone, sacrificing his body just 6 plays earlier......

some fans....... sheesh.

Pity is that some Houston fans feel the same way about Carr also.

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 10:32 PM
eeeeeewwwww......... they bootlegged him out to the right, the pass was tipped, and INT'd....

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 10:33 PM
WE WANT ROMO!

:yikes:

......Nevermind!

StarStruck
10-23-2006, 10:34 PM
WE WANT ROMO!

:yikes:

......Nevermind!

Romo can use the experience.

run-david-run
10-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Dallas is doing thier best Texans impression when it comes to the third quarter...

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Romo can use the experience.

He experienced his first INT just moments ago....

:tease:

StarStruck
10-23-2006, 10:46 PM
He experienced his first INT just moments ago....

:tease:

Unfortunately he has a way to go to catch up with Bledsoe's INT this year, and I won't mention sacks just yet.

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Unfortunately he has a way to go to catch up with Bledsoe's INT this year, and I won't mention sacks just yet.

Word.

TO dropped a pass. Tsk Tsk.

StarStruck
10-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Word.

TO dropped a pass. Tsk Tsk.

Thank goodness he didn't drop any last week. Tsk Tsk:)

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Wow, Eli found Shockey one on one with Ware....

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Thank goodness he didn't drop any last week. Tsk Tsk:)

Word on the street is that TO went into the locker room like a bull in a china cabinet last week. This led to what we call the 3rd quarter breakdown.

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 10:57 PM
I hope these aren't the Giants we're playing.......

I want the guys who lost to INdy

StarStruck
10-23-2006, 11:01 PM
I hope these aren't the Giants we're playing.......

I want the guys who lost to INdy

Giants is a tough team. All I can say is good luck and hope things work out the same as with another tough team, Jacksonville.

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Giants is a tough team. All I can say is good luck and hope things work out the same as with another tough team, Jacksonville.

Thanks. I hope so too. It would be awesome to win back to back road games...

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Romooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I never would've thought just changing the QB would change the way the team looks.......

People who were dropping passes are now catching passes...... the worse offensive line in the league looks like they have a few Probowlers starting...

They march down the field......

Wow.

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Romooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I never would've thought just changing the QB would change the way the team looks.......

People who were dropping passes are now catching passes...... the worse offensive line in the league looks like they have a few Probowlers starting...

They march down the field......

Wow.

I refer to this as the "Bledsoe Effect". I have seen this before. The best thing he ever did for the Patriots was get injured in 2001 and allow a 6th rounder named Tom Brady to play in his stead.

We know how that one turned out.

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Terrible decision by Romo there.... INT #2 on the night.

ledzeppelin229
10-23-2006, 11:27 PM
I need the Cowboys D to get me about 5 more points in fantasy. Just make it quick and intercept for a TD...and don't give up anymore points.

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 11:31 PM
I need the Cowboy D to stop TikiBarber.

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 11:34 PM
I have AJ... he is all I need. :redtowel:

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I have AJ... he is all I need. :redtowel:

I wish we had a guy like T.O. on this team.....

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Tony Romo with another terrible decision. I really feel bad for the Cowboys QB situation.

RTP2110
10-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I can still hear the Cowboy fans, ROMO!ROMO!ROMO!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3 INT's in the 2nd half. LoL

Memo to all fans: Trust the coaches.

StarStruck
10-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I can still hear the Cowboy fans, ROMO!ROMO!ROMO!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3 INT's in the 2nd half. LoL

Memo to all fans: Trust the coaches.

I don't think Bledsoe is the answer and since Romo has had very little experience with one the field play, I treat it as rookie mistakes. If he takes over as QB, then I expect that he will look better as he gets more experience. Thank goodness that he has mobility.

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 11:50 PM
I don't think Bledsoe is the answer and since Romo has had very little experience with one the field play, I treat it as rookie mistakes. If he takes over as QB, then I expect that he will look better as he gets more experience. Thank goodness that he has mobility.

Nice little TD there for Romo. I consider him on the learning curve as well, but still.... it sucks to have to start someone with so little experience.

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 11:51 PM

You figure he came into this game with no practice with the first team, & he managed to move the team pretty well.....

Or just imagine if he had started this game......

StarStruck
10-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Point taken, but Bledsoe is too old and has too much experience to not play any better than the rookie.

Texan Asylum
10-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Well...I guess I've got something to razz ol' Pastor Brian about, after last week's loss.:redtowel:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
10-24-2006, 12:03 AM
We were down by 6 at the half just like against the Texans, 2 of Bledsoe's sacks not even Michael Vick could handle-- poor decision to throw Romo into a pack of wolves. It would be one thing to evaluate and think about starting Romo vs the Panthers, but this was just inexcusable.. even with his several flashes of potenial I would have preffered it against a clean slate in a 60-minute game. Now Bledsoe's PO'ed, we got to go with Tony 100% the rest of the way.

We're 3-3, holy crap..

thunderkyss
10-24-2006, 12:05 AM
We were down by 6 at the half just like against the Texans, 2 of Bledsoe's sacks not even Michael Vick could handle-- poor decision to throw Romo into a pack of wolves. It would be one thing to evaluate and think about starting Romo vs the Panthers, but this was just inexcusable, even with his several flashes of potenial I would have preffered it against a clean slate in a 60-minute game.

We're 3-3, holy crap..

I was thinking the same thing. Especially with your run game looking Stiemied(in comparison to what you've been getting)...... that doesn't make sense.

You at least got to have your run game clicking if you're going to stick Romo in the game.

But the kid still looked good....

StarStruck
10-24-2006, 12:07 AM
We were down by 6 at the half just like against the Texans, 2 of Bledsoe's sacks not even Michael Vick could handle-- poor decision to throw Romo into a pack of wolves. It would be one thing to evaluate and think about starting Romo vs the Panthers, but this was just inexcusable.. even with his several flashes of potenial I would have preffered it against a clean slate in a 60-minute game. Now Bledsoe's PO'ed, we got to go with Tony 100% the rest of the way.

We're 3-3, holy crap..

Can we agree to disagree? I still remember too well the costly mistakes made by Bledsoe in the Eagles game. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. It's too soon to say if Romo's the answer, but at least it give us a fair chance to evaluate early and knoow what we have to look for during the off season.

ledzeppelin229
10-24-2006, 12:10 AM
I think they need to just play Romo and take their lumps this season rather than next when Bledsoe is gone anyway. They need to figure out as soon as possible if Romo can improve to the point of managing the game or if they need to consider other options.

thunderkyss
10-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Can we agree to disagree? I still remember too well the costly mistakes made by Bledsoe in the Eagles game. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. It's too soon to say if Romo's the answer, but at least it give us a fair chance to evaluate early and knoow what we have to look for during the off season.

If I remember right, you were on the goal line getting ready to tie the game when Bledsoe threw his last INT..... I'm thinking after last week's practice, game against Houston, and another week of practice with "The Player" you'd have been in better position to win this game.

There was a little confusion early on with your blocking assignments

Now you have four new starters on the OL, a rookie QB, a new WR, and three year players in the backfield...... that's young young young.

Playoffs next year..... most likely. Parcell's going after it one more time??

I don't know about that.

thunderkyss
10-24-2006, 12:14 AM
I think they need to just play Romo and take their lumps this season rather than next when Bledsoe is gone anyway. They need to figure out as soon as possible if Romo can improve to the point of managing the game or if they need to consider other options.

They signed "ThePlayer" with a $10 million bonus..... I don't think they thought they were going to be feeling out new QBs when they did that.

thunderkyss
10-24-2006, 12:19 AM
];477615']If not for Bledsoe making plays in the second half and a complete defensive collapse in the Texans Part.................

We would have walloped you guys! 6-3 at the end of the second Half. Should have stuck with Bledsoe.

I actually predicted a low score for that game. I told the 'boys on the Cowboys-Forum 3-0 Texans, and they got upset with me.

I was looking like Katsofana(MissCleo) at the half.

StarStruck
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
];477615']If not for Bledsoe making plays in the second half and a complete defensive collapse in the Texans Part.................

We would have walloped you guys! 6-3 at the end of the second Half. Should have stuck with Bledsoe.

This is division stuff now, the things that really matter other than bragging rights. Bledsoe is playing about as bad as Warner was before being benched. Once upon a time both were good QB, but that isn't the situation now. If the boat is sinking, no matter how much you like it of if it can be patched, it comes to a time one must make a hard or unpopular decision.

Scooter
10-24-2006, 12:34 AM
the best player on every team (according to it's fans) is the backup quarterback. even if he throws 3 interceptions in one half, there are excuses and he's the right man for the job.

ledzeppelin229
10-24-2006, 12:34 AM
So Romo gets the rest of the season to sink or swim. What if he sinks to the bottom? Do they spin some positives, pick up a veteran FA as a backup and hope Romo does better next season? Not to mention if Parcells gets too frustrated he might be done. Then who comes in? (Wade Phillips would be a great candidate, personally...if it comes to that.)

StarStruck
10-24-2006, 12:37 AM
So Romo gets the rest of the season to sink or swim. What if he sinks to the bottom? Do they spin some positives, pick up a veteran FA as a backup and hope Romo does better next season? Not to mention if Parcells gets too frustrated he might be done. Then who comes in? (Wade Phillips would be a great candidate, personally...if it comes to that.)

Don't know, but it will work out. If not this year, then we have the off season to put the pieces together produce a winning season.

run-david-run
10-24-2006, 01:54 AM
Don't know, but it will work out. If not this year, then we have the off season to put the pieces together produce a winning season.

That picture really looks like a mug-shot to me... or maybe thats just what im hoping for so that ESPN stops feeling the need to show TO crying to coaches on the sideline...who knows?

thunderkyss
10-24-2006, 06:54 AM
This is division stuff now, the things that really matter other than bragging rights. Bledsoe is playing about as bad as Warner was before being benched. Once upon a time both were good QB, but that isn't the situation now. If the boat is sinking, no matter how much you like it of if it can be patched, it comes to a time one must make a hard or unpopular decision.

No, Cowboy fans are impatient..... well, they've been waiting three years to see him play, and that's more important to them now(seeing him play) than winning a SuperBowl. The problem is obviously the offensive line, but instead of fixing that problem, Bill gets 4 new starters..... brilliant..

bah007
10-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Romo will get it done... eventually. I dont think it will be this season but I hope so

kastofsna
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
romo looked pretty damn good out there.

bah007
10-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Romo can really sling the ball. He made two bad decisions that costed us picks, and one fluke pick on the deflection at the line. With more game expierence he could be the man

WWJD
10-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Drew is playing with no confidence and he continually makes the dumbest throws. He slings it like he has no clue sometimes.

I say go with Romo and see what happens. They still haven't replaced Troy with a quality year in year out QB and it's been something like 6 years now!

I'm kind of surprised Bill has made the change though.

Mr. White
10-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Parcells has a problem in that he sticks with "Parcells Guys" until they make it impossible for him. Vinny Testaverde, act 2.

They're grasping at straws now. Romo's different because he's mobile. I don't think he's any better though. I saw 3 interceptions and a batted pass and that was before I dozed off. The receivers also had to work a lot harder to catch the passes that did get completed.

WWJD
10-24-2006, 02:12 PM
They need to make a big move on a CAPABLE QB either via draft or FA whichever because it's obvious Drew isn't the answer.

I don't have much confidence in Romo either for some reason but I can't base that on anything. The guy hasn't played at all before last night really.

I hate to play armchair QB but too many interceptions these guys throw are not even good plays on the DB's part but rather right to them. I've seen enough of Bledsoe but I have a suspicion he'll be the QB next game.

They've already lost 2 important division games and it only gets harder.

run-david-run
10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Another thing with Romo is that he will throw TO the ball more then Drew, who has a thing with Glenn. I expect Romo will start next week, have no idea as to how its going to go though...