PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday, I was impressed by ...

|The.Brand0n|
10-23-2006, 01:00 PM
#95 Anthony Maddox and #25 Gus Scott. I noticed Maddox penetrating or disrupting the O-Line on almost every snap. Not to overexaggerate but, he definitely did a better job than Seth Payne in any game he played this season. I didnt see any other mentions of his play on the board, so I thought I'd give the man his credit. I think C.C Brown should be benched, in favor of Gus Scott. I remembered we picked him up after NFL Cut day, and I wondered what happened to him. He showed up yesterday and made some solid plays. Nothing spectacular on his part, but nothing spectacular from the Jags either. If Earl can play the FS spot, a combo of Earl/Scott would be servicable until we can upgrade.

Vinny
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Our best FS is Dunta Robinson...and he has to play CB.

SESupergenius
10-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Dunta played really well yesterday. With all the knocks I give, I've always said he can lay the wood as good as anyone.

I do however think that Faggins and Orr impressed me the most yestday. Faggins in causing a turnover and generally being better than P-Puke. Orr in just having a bigger presence in the game. They hardly had good runs on his side of the ball, that is huge in stopping the Jags.

Line_Producer
10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Orr in just having a bigger presence in the game. They hardly had good runs on his side of the ball, that is huge in stopping the Jags.

Yeah, when your starting job is up for grabs, I suppose a little fire is lit...

HOU-TEX
10-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Dunta played really well yesterday. With all the knocks I give, I've always said he can lay the wood as good as anyone.

I do however think that Faggins and Orr impressed me the most yestday. Faggins in causing a turnover and generally being better than P-Puke. Orr in just having a bigger presence in the game. They hardly had good runs on his side of the ball, that is huge in stopping the Jags.

I agree. I knew Faggins was going to be a definite upgrade for our DB. Orr was kind of surprising. Maybe he played better knowing his job is in jeopardy. Who knows? It was a nice effort by the whole team.:redtowel:

Meloy
10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
The over all team play was enjoyable to me. I want to see good effort despite the score and I think we got that. I imagine a tip of the hat goes to management this game plan.

SESupergenius
10-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Are we overglorifying our defense? I just have this little voice inside thinking that if Jacksonville had not started Leftwich, their QB play would have been sharper and more ball would have been caught for 1st downs. I saw several plays yesterday where Lefty just misfired and the guys were open. He dropped one into the dirt, overthrew several and pulled a oopsie when he dropped back and tripped over his own lineman. I just wondered if it would have been drastically different. Was our defense that good or was Lefty just horrible. Of course the turnovers is all defense.

Hulk75
10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
#95 Anthony Maddox and #25 Gus Scott. I noticed Maddox penetrating or disrupting the O-Line on almost every snap. Not to overexaggerate but, he definitely did a better job than Seth Payne in any game he played this season. I didnt see any other mentions of his play on the board, so I thought I'd give the man his credit. I think C.C Brown should be benched, in favor of Gus Scott. I remembered we picked him up after NFL Cut day, and I wondered what happened to him. He showed up yesterday and made some solid plays. Nothing spectacular on his part, but nothing spectacular from the Jags either. If Earl can play the FS spot, a combo of Earl/Scott would be servicable until we can upgrade.

I noticed Maddox all day as well, he did a fine job, great pick up.

Kaiser Toro
10-23-2006, 01:43 PM
The Jags and Texans both lined up 53 players under the rules of the game and within a finite salary cap. Our 53 outplayed theirs. It ain't rocket science and we shuld be enjoying it as I can most likely count these type of victories on one hand.

NATHANHALE
10-23-2006, 01:50 PM

...good point about Orr--IMO, he and Peek seem to play so much better off the bench, which is great because it 'sustains' a high level of play that keeps the pressure on...and,yes, it was nice getting Faggins back as well as Peek and Wong

NEROtheZERO
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM

Agreed.

I would love for us to sign a CB in the offseason (Clement or Samuels, ideally), draft one in the first round, and use Petey at NB. Then move Dunta to FS and Earl at SS. That would make our biggest weakness possibly our biggest strength.

HOU-TEX
10-23-2006, 02:40 PM

I know he can lay a hit on people but are we sure he's big enough for FS?

HOU-TEX
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
];477214']CC Brown needs to sit. he is not a 4-3 safety! I'd convert CC to a hybrib LB.

CC has not made any plays and he is too slow. I really love him in Fanngio's system, but not in Smith's.

Huh?? I was refering to Dunta being too small as a FS even though he can lay some big hits.

I understand C.C. needs to go. I think you're trying to make a point but I think we're on the same page.:confused:

Double Barrel
10-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Are we overglorifying our defense? I just have this little voice inside thinking that if Jacksonville had not started Leftwich, their QB play would have been sharper and more ball would have been caught for 1st downs. I saw several plays yesterday where Lefty just misfired and the guys were open. He dropped one into the dirt, overthrew several and pulled a oopsie when he dropped back and tripped over his own lineman. I just wondered if it would have been drastically different. Was our defense that good or was Lefty just horrible. Of course the turnovers is all defense.

Leftwich looked horrible yesterday. I saw a bunch of balls thrown that were miles from the closest receiver. He was just off, so who knows how the outcome would have turned out with his backup.

Although, our D was putting some pressure on the pocket, and they had an aggressiveness about them that we haven't seen this year. I give it to both factors, really.

ledzeppelin229
10-23-2006, 04:51 PM
A couple of times I think Lefty's misfirings bailed him out. On atleast one play Dunta cut in front of the WR but the throw was so terrible that no one was close to it. There was another one towards the end of the game that sailed over the WR head but I can't remember the details.

Texan1
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM

Amen. Great game for Simmons, Scott, Kalu and Maddox. Keep it up - we need these guys to ste[ every week!

bah007
10-24-2006, 09:41 AM
who cares how small Dunta is if he can lay the wood?