PDA

View Full Version : Wali

powerfuldragon
10-23-2006, 09:53 AM
This morning as i flipped through the NFL section of the chron, I noticed a great picture of wali lundy reaching across the goal line for the score.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/600xPopupGallery.jpg

There was something goofy about that photo that i couldn't put my finger on. thats when i spotted it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/walizoom.jpg
the look on his face. it looks like he's attained complete consciousness. he's wearing a face of pure, unadulterated bliss. I lol'd.

yeah. that's all.

10-23-2006, 10:39 AM
these dudes make funny faces all the time, you notice it more in pictures. you're bound to after exerting physical strain on yourself for 60 minutes.

powerfuldragon
10-23-2006, 10:53 AM
he's holding the ball with so much love.

Double Barrel
10-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey, it was his first time....to score an NFL touchdown.

He had a great game. Hope it's a sign of things to come.

real
10-23-2006, 11:19 AM
];476988']Gado and Wali seems to be a good combo. Gado showed me somethig last game. I love theway he sliced through some holes. Wali is more shifty. He gets a hole ans he is gone.

Gado had a good game??? If we could trust Lundy to perform like that every week I think Gado would be inactive....I would like to see what Taylor can do....Gado isn't very good IMO....

real
10-23-2006, 11:37 AM
];476995']I think Gado has a good game. Not much, but he showed more smash mouth than any Texans RB I've seen so far. Even Wali. Against good teams we will need the smash mouth attack.

Smash mouth football only works when you are actually smashing someone....running into the pile "real hard" and getting dropped in your tracks doesn't count....He may be the "most" smash mouth type player we have but who says you need a smash mouth RB??? And saying that he's the most physical runner we have doesn't impress me...

look to your left and your right and gauge your competition.....

powerfuldragon
10-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey, it was his first time....to score an NFL touchdown.
Yeah man, i thought it was awesome that you could see it in his face.

texan279
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't know but when Wali came into the game it seemed our running game did a complete 180 compared to what we have seen from our other backs. I still think the problem is Gado and Dayne and not the O line.

ansuz118
10-23-2006, 12:14 PM
they should of put lundy in at dallas with a running game we would of won i was there it would of been bliss to watch the dallas fans cry hopefully we will contiue to kick ass like yesterday

HOU-TEX
10-23-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't know but when Wali came into the game it seemed our running game did a complete 180 compared to what we have seen from our other backs. I still think the problem is Gado and Dayne and not the O line.

I agree with you. To me it looked like he was much faster hitting the hole and making his cuts. Gado appeared better than past games but still seemed to run into the pile too often. As far as the oline goes, you're correct in saying that Dayne was a majority of the problem but we're still going to need some help along the line.:twocents:

Scottyboy
10-23-2006, 02:39 PM
If only they applied this to the Dallas game last week,

Matress Mac wouyld owe me 5K. now im paying it off :brickwall

I got owned by Matress mac

David's Busted Carr
10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
It's Wali's World! He should be the undisputed starter now with Gado spelling him when needed!

Sarg01
10-23-2006, 02:49 PM
....He may be the "most" smash mouth type player we have but who says you need a smash mouth RB??? .....

You need that so the other team has to prepare for two completely different styles. It's even better if you can make them prepare for three, so I was really glad to see some successful pitches in the Jags game.

real
10-23-2006, 03:02 PM
You need that so the other team has to prepare for two completely different styles.

signed,
Jerome Bettis

Tell that To Tatum and Mike

or

L.T and Michael

ledzeppelin229
10-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Dayne is a smash mouth runner. I see him smashing into the backs of our OL all the time without worry or hesitation.

buckaroo_banzai
10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
This morning as i flipped through the NFL section of the chron, I noticed a great picture of wali lundy reaching across the goal line for the score.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/600xPopupGallery.jpg

There was something goofy about that photo that i couldn't put my finger on. thats when i spotted it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/walizoom.jpg
the look on his face. it looks like he's attained complete consciousness. he's wearing a face of pure, unadulterated bliss. I lol'd.

yeah. that's all.

awsome picture!!!
thanks, now i have a new avatar:redtowel:

brewhaus
10-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Dayne is a smash mouth runner. I see him smashing into the backs of our OL all the time without worry or hesitation.

Yeah, He smashed a leg-or-two this year too.

I hope Wali's success will elevate Dayne and Gato's level of play......we need that to happen. There needs to be a good running game "knock out punch" to go along with the air show Carr is putting out there. Wali looked good, but with another solid running back the Texans are gonna look better.:twocents:

Hardcore Texan
10-23-2006, 06:19 PM
It's Wali's World! He should be the undisputed starter now with Gado spelling him when needed!

This is how I see it. Lundy is much more explosive and should be the starter IMO, but Gado didn't look bad at all, he's pretty fast and got some good yards. He is certainly a serviceable back up. Now Dayne on the other hand is slower than molasses.

One thing to remember the O-Line performed a lot better also, I saw a lot more holes for the RB's.

To make it even sweeter, I picked up Lundy on my fantasy team on Saturday as I was looking for another RB. I think he earned the starting spot this past weekend.