PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bryant is from Texas......

thunderkyss
10-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Orange Texas to be exact...... the guy has had such a wacky career, started in NY, got canned for no apparent reason. If I remember correctly, he was actually better than their other guy.

He played there for two years,

He then tried out for the Cowboys, and they decided to stick with Cundiff..... Bryant begins the season unemployed, then got picked up for the Colts(I think) for a game, he's cut, then get's picked up by Miami, and finishes the year there.

He's unemployed again, stays in contact with the Cowboys(he really wants to play for the Cowboys) but they stay with Cundiff, he goes to Tampa Bay, signs for one year, & after the season is over, he signs for another year.

He'll probably be a Bucanneer for a while now.

62 yards....... wow.

texasguy346
10-23-2006, 12:02 AM
He also played his college ball at Baylor. If I remember correctly before signing with the Giants he was a carsalesman or an insurance salesman.

YoungTexanFan
10-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Little more help on what he did 62 yards of for those of us too lazy to look it up? My grandmother lives in Port Arthur, right next to Orange.

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Little more help on what he did 62 yards of for those of us too lazy to look it up? My grandmother lives in Port Arthur, right next to Orange.

hey, I live in PtARthur....... I work in Orange.

he hit a 62 yard field goal to beat Philly in the final seconds of the game.

Pietzsa
10-23-2006, 04:30 AM
He worked at KC Pawn on 16th street in Orange for years and years. He got some wild hair to go and try out at some free agent thing up in new york a couple years back and never returned. Great guy, I know a lot of people that remember him kicking in high school back at Bridge City. I bought my first guitar from him when I was fifteen and he was working there.

YoungTexanFan
10-23-2006, 07:03 AM
hey, I live in PtARthur....... I work in Orange.

he hit a 62 yard field goal to beat Philly in the final seconds of the game.

thats cool. My grandmother lives off of 9th avenue sorta. We go to Central Mall everytime I'm over there, but the Luby's was messed up in the Hurricane. :(

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 07:15 AM
thats cool. My grandmother lives off of 9th avenue sorta. We go to Central Mall everytime I'm over there, but the Luby's was messed up in the Hurricane. :(

I live off 9th ave, sort of....... real close to central mall.

kastofsna
10-23-2006, 07:32 AM
i'm so glad we released him. mare is just so great.