PDA

View Full Version : 2 Games, 1 Sack

RTP2110
10-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Wow, could you ever have imagined it?? No sacks last week and only 1 today against the Jags. Today's was on Carr, he held it forever. (But, let's not get into all that.) Dallas and J-Ville are 2 good defenses. They're not great, but pretty good. I'd say Weary is the better RG over McKinney. Kubiak is making great progress in the pass protection. Let's just give him time, and he'll get the ground game going as well.

Mysteryhunt
10-22-2006, 10:15 PM
got to give props for this to sherman.

TexanSam
10-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Ephraim Salaam has done an excellent job in pass protection as LT. I remember thinking he was an underrated signee when we got him in the off-season. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to do well when Spencer went down, but I think he's done an even better job than Spencer was doing.

run-david-run
10-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Hopefully now we can get some continuity with the starters in the O-line. I doubt we have had the same line-up for two games in a row so far.

Aztequila
10-23-2006, 12:05 AM
The Texans played extremely well against a "top 5" offense and defense today. The protected DC and Lundy some room to work with. Hell of a game. I think this win gives them confidence they need to go out and win games even when they are facing a tier 1 team.

hot pickle
10-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Ephraim Salaam has done an excellent job in pass protection as LT. I remember thinking he was an underrated signee when we got him in the off-season. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to do well when Spencer went down, but I think he's done an even better job than Spencer was doing.

i remember everyone sayin "oh great, now carr is gonna get trampled again"
(when spencer got injured)
but the game that charles got injured, salaam came in a did a good job, and i thought he would do really well, but alot of people didnt think so

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 01:37 AM
i remember everyone sayin "oh great, now carr is gonna get trampled again"
(when spencer got injured)
but the game that charles got injured, salaam came in a did a good job, and i thought he would do really well, but alot of people didnt think so

He still has problems with speed rushers, like Freeney. Dallas doesn't really have a guy like that..... Ware is quick, but he's not a speed rusher. Jacksonville doesn't have one of those either.

I agree Salaam is doing very well, but when we get this zoneblocking thing down, he'll look a lot better.

Carr Bombed
10-23-2006, 01:52 AM
Ware ran a 4.5 with plenty of strength and moves he has the talent and Dallas has the guy to make plays, dont under sell him, he had 8 sacks his rookie year.

thunderkyss
10-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Ware ran a 4.5 with plenty of strength and moves he has the talent and Dallas has the guy to make plays, dont under sell him, he had 8 sacks his rookie year.

I'm a Ware fan.

I just don't think of him as a speed rusher ala Freeney....