PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com poll results: "Most improbable win?" Texans by a landslide...

GP
10-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Front page of NFL.com polls fans "Which team had the most improbable win?"

I voted Tampa Bay. Was very shocked to see just how awful the nation really thinks we are. LOL.

Texans/Jags with 40%

Tampa Bay/Philly with 29%

Oakland/Zona with 14%

found at: http://www.nfl.com

mexican_texan
10-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Honestly, I would've said Oakland. Who would ever think they would win?

NEROtheZERO
10-22-2006, 07:08 PM
The Texans won a total of 2 games last year and were playing a team that won 12 last season, coming off a bye week, and won their last game 41-0. Pretty improbable. I would have voted Oakland as well though.

mexican_texan
10-22-2006, 07:10 PM
I heard on 610AM that the Jags won 9 of their games last year against teams with losing records.

edo783
10-22-2006, 08:20 PM
The rest of the nation doesn't know about how well we play the Jags, so they assume as a 2-14 team and starting slow and playing against what is called a play off contender that we would get punked.

TexanBacker93
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Honestly, I would've said Oakland. Who would ever think they would win?

I'm glad they got their win out of the way. I didn't want to see Houston go to an 0-11 Oakland team.

Texans_Chick
10-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Here's an interesting view point from one of the national NFL fanbloggers:

"Texans Prove They Don't Need Reggie Bush; at Least Against Jaguars" (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/22/texans-prove-they-dont-need-reggie-bush-at-least-against-jagua/)

What is it with this Houston-Jacksonville matchup that gives the Jaguars such fits?

So congrats to Houston on the big win, and for having the having the foresight to realize that Mario Williams is much better than Reggie Bush.

Don't want to turn this into a Williams-Bush thread, but it is just interesting to me that someone would take that angle after this game.

RTP2110
10-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Not shocking that the Texans won, but that we won by 20!! Also the Raiders win wasnt a shock. ARI is a horrible road team.

TexanSam
10-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Not shocking that the Texans won, but that we won by 20!! Also the Raiders win wasnt a shock. ARI is a horrible road team.

I agree, if you look at the history of the series, we've always played them close. That we won by 20 points is the remarkable part. I didn't think the Raiders win is that shocking. I didn't think they'd be Arizona, but I'm not surprised by it. Both teams are pretty bad and Arizona is coming off that demoralizing loss against the Bears.

gtexan02
10-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Plus Arizona has a history of giving up the win against a weak opponent. Who did we beat last year? Yup AZ. Who did AZ lose twice to in 1 dismal season? Yup, the 49ers. They are a terrible team

Double Barrel
10-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Tampa Bay/Philly seems like a slightly bigger upset than Texans/Jags...but not by much. Jacksonville has the talent to be a great team, but they made some mistakes today and played poorly in many areas, and fortunately our team capitalized on their misfortunes.