PDA

View Full Version : Pressure on the QB

TexanSam
10-22-2006, 03:56 PM
The Texans did better for the most part I think on pressuring Leftwich. All too often he still had a lot of time to throw the ball but I think the defensive line caused a lot of his bad throws. They didn't play great, maybe not even good, but they were above average. That "sack" Mario got is the easiest one he'll ever get but I thought he played a good game. He did pressure Leftwich often. I think Weaver had the best game of all the D-linemen and Anthony Maddox was not bad.

Tayton
10-22-2006, 08:48 PM
If you watch Mario closely he is getting tackled rather than being blocked pretty often.

Double Barrel
10-22-2006, 09:51 PM
I saw consistent pressure on the pocket today, which was a big change from the first five games. It was nice to finally see some collapse, but they still have to make better penetration to bring in more sacks for our line.

whiskeyrbl
10-22-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm seeing alot more stunts and blitzes from our DL and LB's. The hurries and pressures are there, it's only a matter of time for the sacks to start piling up.:redtowel:

threetoedpete
10-22-2006, 10:08 PM
They're stunting the gaps to make up for the lack of tallent. I though Taylor would go off today , but he didn't. Expect to see a few draws and screens this week. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Richard is playing out the hand he's been delt. There's no doubt this group gets a lead, they're deamonds. They get behind and they fold like a K-Mart suit.

Hulk75
10-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Anthony Maddox #95 was playing his butt off today, anyone else notice him, he did a great job.

Very proud of the way the DLine played today, and getting Petey and Wong back helped out A LOT!!!!!!!!!!