PDA

View Full Version : And that is why Im proud Carr is here

Goldeagle
10-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Listening to CBS and As Shannon said, Vick blames everyone else but himself.

Ive read a few things here who say Carr is not a leader and question him, but that guy since day 1 would not let the media talk about his O-line. He has always stepped up and taken the blame for any loss, even when we had the lead in the 4th against the Colts and Titans and they came back on our Defense.

even Salaam stated a few games ago that Carr is not at fault and going out there taking the blame is taking one for the team but it was everyone's fault not Carrs.

I guess grown men who get paid to play a game cannot find it in them to get up for each game unless a QB is leading them in cheers.

Glad Carr is here, and Im optimistic about the whole team and if we can get through these rough waters (aka Casserly/Capers moves and picks) we are going to be fine.

BEAT THE JAGS!

Dr. Toro
10-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Carr's thrown plenty of hissyfits on the field showing up his teammates. It's nice that he's a high character guy... just because Vick is a punk doesn't mean Carr is a good leader.

Goldeagle
10-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Carr's thrown plenty of hissyfits on the field showing up his teammates. It's nice that he's a high character guy... just because Vick is a punk doesn't mean Carr is a good leader.

Ive seen Carr get frustrated, what player does not. At least he does not throw a hissy fit on the field. Go off the field and throw one. Then 2 days later, still be crying.

Carr has been a leader, always taking blame for hsi bad play and even the TEAMS bad play.

Then again, why do GROWN men who get paid MILLIONS of dollars need 1 guy to be a Leader? Do they not get motivated, where is the coach?

In any case, WE BEAT THE JAGS, that is all I care about. Carr LEAD the team (again) today.

Carr Bombed
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM

I guess Carr can't win, either he throws hissy fits, or he's a unemotional leader that excepts losing and bad play and doesn't care.....geezz

The people that don't like Carr will never like Carr.

I've seen more "hissy fits" from Dunta and other players on this team, but if Carr gets upset theres something wrong with him

Doug
10-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Ive seen Carr get frustrated, what player does not. At least he does not throw a hissy fit on the field. Go off the field and throw one. Then 2 days later, still be crying.

Carr has been a leader, always taking blame for hsi bad play and even the TEAMS bad play.

Then again, why do GROWN men who get paid MILLIONS of dollars need 1 guy to be a Leader? Do they not get motivated, where is the coach?

In any case, WE BEAT THE JAGS, that is all I care about. Carr LEAD the team (again) today.

I'm still enjoying this win but I'm a little irritated by the statement that Carr always takes blame for his bad play. I have never heard Carr admit his mistakes. If you listen to his comments he has never said I this or I that, it's always we. That's from a non Carr Hater.

Carr Bombed
10-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Its we, because you win as a team and you lose as a team.

I think what the original poster was trying to say, that for the past 4 years Carr has had plenty of opportunity to throw people under the bus...

His head coach, Capers
His offensive cord. Palmer
His Oline coach/new Offensive cord. Pendry (still don't know what Capers was thinking with that move, you suck at your job so you get a promotion :dangit: dee dee dee award there)
His entire Oline.

He has kept his cool and always stayed PC with the press.

Regardless of how he might turn out as a pro for us, as a person I will always respect him for that.

Doug
10-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Its we, because you win as a team and you lose as a team.

I think what the original poster was trying to say, that for the past 4 years Carr has had plenty of opportunity to throw people under the bus...

His head coach, Capers
His offensive cord. Palmer
His Oline coach/new Offensive cord. Pendry (still don't know what Capers was thinking with that move, you suck at your job so you get a promotion :dangit: dee dee dee award there)
His entire Oline.

He has kept his cool and always stayed PC with the press.

Regardless of how he might turn out as a pro for us, as a person I will always respect him for that.

No matter how you slice it, that's not taking responsibility for HIS bad play. I happen to like Carr but it seems like you can't like him and criticize him around here. Everyone expects you to either love him or hate him and that's it. I merely pointed out something that wasn't true and has always bothered me about the guy.

Hervoyel
10-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Doug that's just not true. Plenty of people around here like him but are also critical of mistakes he makes. I have seen him take responsibility for his bad play so I guess you either don't recall those statements or missed them. That's no big deal either. Nobody catches everything that takes place.

I tend to agree with the take that he can't win no matter how he behaves. If he tries to lead by example he gets criticized for not being a vocal and emotional leader but when gets mad because he's got pressure in his face all afternoon then he's "throwing a hissy fit" (which is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this board).

I remember the anger he showed during the bears game back in 2004. It was entirely justified IMO.

Tulip
10-22-2006, 06:00 PM
It's rare that I see Carr credited for being a leader.

Carr has thrown his teammates under the bus before. He's called out his receivers to the press. And last week, he took "total responsibility" for the loss, and then in the next breath said "but it would have been nice to have a running game".

SheTexan
10-22-2006, 06:10 PM
It's rare that I see Carr credited for being a leader.

Carr has thrown his teammates under the bus before. He's called out his receivers to the press. And last week, he took "total responsibility" for the loss, and then in the next breath said "but it would have been nice to have a running game".

What's wrong with telling the truth??! If our running game had shown up in Dallas it would have been a much better game. I have NEVER heard him lie!! These are grown PROFESSIONAL men! Criticism is part of the game!!!

Doug
10-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Doug that's just not true. Plenty of people around here like him but are also critical of mistakes he makes. I have seen him take responsibility for his bad play so I guess you either don't recall those statements or missed them. That's no big deal either. Nobody catches everything that takes place.

I tend to agree with the take that he can't win no matter how he behaves. If he tries to lead by example he gets criticized for not being a vocal and emotional leader but when gets mad because he's got pressure in his face all afternoon then he's "throwing a hissy fit" (which is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this board).

I remember the anger he showed during the bears game back in 2004. It was entirely justified IMO.

Hervoyel, please notice that I said it seems like.

Also, I don't pretend to see everything and if there are times he's taken responsibility then I apologize for making my previous statement. However, it still doesn't change the fact that I have seen the guy not take responsibility for his poor play. So, at best on this topic he is inconsistent.

Tulip
10-22-2006, 06:37 PM
What's wrong with telling the truth??! If our running game had shown up in Dallas it would have been a much better game. I have NEVER heard him lie!! These are grown PROFESSIONAL men! Criticism is part of the game!!!

I didn't call him a liar- I just said he doesn't take all of the responsbility and he does blame his teammates at times.

Hulk75
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Listening to CBS and As Shannon said, Vick blames everyone else but himself.

Ive read a few things here who say Carr is not a leader and question him, but that guy since day 1 would not let the media talk about his O-line. He has always stepped up and taken the blame for any loss, even when we had the lead in the 4th against the Colts and Titans and they came back on our Defense.

even Salaam stated a few games ago that Carr is not at fault and going out there taking the blame is taking one for the team but it was everyone's fault not Carrs.

I guess grown men who get paid to play a game cannot find it in them to get up for each game unless a QB is leading them in cheers.

Glad Carr is here, and Im optimistic about the whole team and if we can get through these rough waters (aka Casserly/Capers moves and picks) we are going to be fine.

BEAT THE JAGS!
Great post.....Let me say 2 things.

1) The guy has been through NFL HELL! for 4 years. And I am going to praise this man on a well well played ball game, he is only going to get better, this is only his 6th game under Kubiak.:yikes: . Great stuff tonight!

2)Carr is a stand up guy. And dont think for a second I am going to let any of you "qb coaches" question it, who gives a flying freak what happens on the field, to 1 player to another, thats between them, you dont know what they are talking about..............AND I also read that somebody said that Carr throws his teammates under the bus, get a freaking life, show when, and if he did he probably was not lying. Bunch of whiners and nit pickers, cant attack his play anymore so try to attack his character, thats brilliant:rolleyes: . Been nothing but a stand up guy since he has been here.

Double Barrel
10-22-2006, 09:40 PM
I've never had the impression of Carr as a whiner or troublemaker. He seems to feel the wins and losses as much as any player on this team, especially since he's been here from the beginning. I know a lot of individuals would have acted in less than honorable ways to get out of his situation, but he seems to keep hope alive and wants to win as a Texan. I've got to respect that angle.

As far as 'team leader' and all that jazz...I think many leaders lead by example rather than mouth. Warren Moon was never one to get in anyone's face, but he was the silent type of leader. His command was on the field. I see Carr being the same way under Kubiak's guidance.