PDA

View Full Version : Gado To Start

Samkonfan
10-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Just heard from an inside source that Gado will start this Sunday. I'm telling you this kid can be good just don't give up on him too early. It doesn't matter if Jim Brown or Walter Payton played running back the last couple of weeks for Houston they were not going to run the ball successfully against those teams and even Jacksonville has an awesome run defense. But given the ball as much as Dayne has gotten over the last few weeks, Gado will be more productive. You can see how the coaches want to try and get Gado the ball because he caught 5 passes last week out of the backfield. I think he does a lot of good things during the week of practice and impresses the coaches and just have been unfortunate to play some of the top rank defenses in the NFL that last few weeks. I think Gado and Lundy will be a good combination, Dayne has seen his best days already. Gado is a class act also and just a good person to have in the locker room.

Doom Capers
10-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Dayne's best days were in college.

TheOgre
10-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Dayne's best days were in college.

Despite achieving the all-time yardage mark, didn't he have a pedestrain YPC in college?

real
10-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Just heard from an inside source that Gado will start this Sunday.

:yawn:

TexanLen
10-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Gado is a third down back. Lundy needs to start. Lundy is much faster and can hopefully get through the tiney holes our line creates. I agree though, I think Gado will be good for the texans.

TEXANRED
10-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Oh my Gado!:yikes:

Well it can't get any worse can it?

thunderkyss
10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Gado is a third down back. Lundy needs to start. Lundy is much faster and can hopefully get through the tiney holes our line creates. I agree though, I think Gado will be good for the texans.

Just asking, why do you think the coaches feel completely different?? Are they stupid?? Or do you think Lundy is going to have to earn his start (unlike the Philly game) like Maroney, D'Angelo, Maurice, ReggieBush etc....

I agree that he looked better in the preseason,and even against Philly than Gado or Dayne has..... but Dayne out performed him against Indy. He never should've got that start in Philly.

I'm fine with the Gado Start, but I think Dayne should start. he's the only one who has been getting us postive yards (other than David) on a regular basis. Jacksonville is going to be as tough as Miami & Dallas. But Dayne did screw up a couple of times against Dallas.

I'd be upset, if he activates EdellSheppard or Anderson just to return punts & kickoffs..... Lundy & Walter can do that. But he needs to bring three RBs to this game. We need to run the ball at least 30 times.

Hulk75
10-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Just heard from an inside source that Gado will start this Sunday. I'm telling you this kid can be good just don't give up on him too early. It doesn't matter if Jim Brown or Walter Payton played running back the last couple of weeks for Houston they were not going to run the ball successfully against those teams and even Jacksonville has an awesome run defense. But given the ball as much as Dayne has gotten over the last few weeks, Gado will be more productive. You can see how the coaches want to try and get Gado the ball because he caught 5 passes last week out of the backfield. I think he does a lot of good things during the week of practice and impresses the coaches and just have been unfortunate to play some of the top rank defenses in the NFL that last few weeks. I think Gado and Lundy will be a good combination, Dayne has seen his best days already. Gado is a class act also and just a good person to have in the locker room.

Tell your son or brother OR cousin GOOD LUCK! :redtowel:

Hulk75
10-19-2006, 09:08 AM

Lundy needs to stay away from the football field right now.

Mr teX
10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I don't care who starts, just get us give us a running game

Samkonfan
Actually Gado if faster than Lundy. Lundy is without a doubt quicker side to side but straight ahead, Gado smokes him. Trust me. Give the ball to Gado at least 20 he will get you 80 yards rushing without question. Some of the piles that Dayne would just fall on Gado will get more yards.

real
I'm fine with the Gado Start, but I think Dayne should start. he's the only one who has been getting us postive yards...

Lundy,Gado and Dayne=Slow,Slower and Slowest...

It's pick your poison at this point and I think Kubes knows it....I expect him to go with the experience first because that's just how it's done....And it is only the sixth game of the season and I expect to see more young guys the more we start losing and the deeper into the season we go...unlike the previous regime....But @ this point I'd rather see anyone but Dayne....

Just asking, why do you think the coaches feel completely different?? Are they stupid?? Or do you think Lundy is going to have to earn his start (unlike the Philly game) like Maroney, D'Angelo, Maurice, ReggieBush etc....

I see a lot of comments about how we(the fans) don't know anything, and the coaches are getting paid for a reason....

Well...In all honesty...you or I, can do the job that the coaches have been doing....Im tired of all this "coaches knows best" mentality...Kubes has even said himslef...."We're gonna try a lot of different things and see what works"....He might as well set up a suggestion box....Not saying that he's a bad coach...because I think he's a good one....but I'm just saying that not even Kubes has the answers.....

hot pickle
10-19-2006, 09:23 AM
i thought yesterday on cold pizza, someone said lundy would get the start

Benchwarmer
10-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Dayne had a great day against Miami, granted that they're Miami. 22 attempts for 58 yards. Dayne seems to be able to grind yards out more so than Gado. Against this tough Jacksonville defense, that's a must.

HomeBred_Texan
10-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't care who starts at the RB position...

I just want to see DC air the ball out more...

Anyone know what game he has thrown the ball the most in? Has he ever reached the 40 atts. in a game yet?

Sorry if that got off topic, but just how I feel...

Let DC throw the ball 40 to 50 times and I bet the running game opens up...

Marcus
10-19-2006, 09:52 AM
xtruroyaltyx, I always get stuck sitting there watching your avatar play over and over. I'd think I'd get tired of it, but I don't.

I can't remember the name of that linebacker he ran over. Robinson, Robertson . . something. First name's a blank. I know he was a pro bowler.

But I do remember watching that game like it was yesterday. The color commentator was Jim Brown, (not a bad runner himself in his day) and he couldn't stop stop talking about it the rest of the game.

real
10-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Dayne had a great day against Miami, granted that they're Miami. 22 attempts for 58 yards.

Is this really what we've come to as fans??? To call 22 for 58 great??? O.k is pushing it...Great is just......:um:

Vinny
10-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Isaiah Robertson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IMJvUgLCXE&search=oilers

touttail
10-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Dayne's rushing stats----sucks
Gado's rushing stats-----sucks
Lundy's rushing stats----sucks

Is it really all threes fault. Seems more like we need to start benching some linemen.

bobby 119C

David's Busted Carr
10-19-2006, 10:37 AM
I heard Lundy was practicing with the first team all week and is going to start?

HOU-TEX
10-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Is this really what we've come to as fans??? To call 22 for 58 great??? O.k is pushing it...Great is just......:um:

No kidding! I thought he was being sarcastic.

I think Lundy will make a small impact this Sunday just because he's a little quicker hitting the LOS. I'll P in my pants if I see him run up a linemans back, because unlike Gado and Dayne, he at least tried to find the cut-back lane. Personally, I think Dayne would be a better FB than a HB. It's obvious he can gain a little wieght if needed. :whip:

run-david-run
10-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Isaiah Robertson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IMJvUgLCXE&search=oilers

Thank god for YouTube!

touttail
10-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Thank god for YouTube!

I thought Ricky Williams would have been an Earl Cambell type back.

boy was I wrong!

bobby 119C

thunderkyss
10-19-2006, 11:23 AM
I see a lot of comments about how we(the fans) don't know anything, and the coaches are getting paid for a reason....

Well...In all honesty...you or I, can do the job that the coaches have been doing....Im tired of all this "coaches knows best" mentality...Kubes has even said himslef...."We're gonna try a lot of different things and see what works"....He might as well set up a suggestion box....Not saying that he's a bad coach...because I think he's a good one....but I'm just saying that not even Kubes has the answers.....

My point is that they've seen these guys a lot more than we have. Personally, I'd have been brining Dayne & Lundy, or Gado & Lundy to the games.... But if they have elected to bring Dayne & Gado to our past two games, and choose to start Gado over Lundy in our next game, I'm "assuming" there is reasoning behind that decision.

Against Indy, WaliLundy was doing very poorly in 1st & 10 & 3rd & short situations. He only broke off 5+ yard runs in passing situations(2nd & 20, 3 & 17).

Dayne was getting us decent runs(3 yards, 8 yards, 8 yards, -3 yards, 6 yards, 5 yards, & 1 yard) before the score got out of hand(20-3 to end the Half).

Against Indy, Gado was doing better than Lundy with 7 yards on 3rd & 9(his first carry of the game @ 2:04 left in the second Qtr), 2 yards on 1st & 10(his second carry of the game, with 4 minutes left in the 3rd Qtr), & 3 yards on the next play, 27 yards on 1st & 10(with 7 minutes left in the game).

Tale Gator
10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Lundy is starting this week.

thunderkyss
10-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Lundy is starting this week.

& if that's the case, I'm sure there is a reason for it. I don't know what it could be...... but there's a good reason.

PapaL
10-19-2006, 02:06 PM
& if that's the case, I'm sure there is a reason for it. I don't know what it could be...... but there's a good reason.

Reason is lack of production from the guys that have been running the ball. It seems that you are a Dayne fan (not going to knock you on this), but come on - the guy has done nothing here - everyone can clearly see this. Some of it might be due to OLine issues, but some of it is also lack of talent. We can't fix the OLine issues over night, but we sure can put a better RB in the backfield over night.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Reason is lack of production from the guys that have been running the ball. It seems that you are a Dayne fan (not going to knock you on this), but come on - the guy has done nothing here - everyone can clearly see this. Some of it might be due to OLine issues, but some of it is also lack of talent. We can't fix the OLine issues over night, but we sure can put a better RB in the backfield over night.

I agree with you. Even if the Oline is at fault half the time, the RB should have enough playmaking ability to get positive yardage a majority of the time. Dayne has zero playmaking ability. If the hole isn't there, the plays over.:twocents:

Samkonfan
10-19-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm telling you that GADO is STARTING this week. Very reliable source with the texans organization confirmed

mexican_texan
10-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Lundy reportedly works his arse off. While the guys here were enamored by Chris Taylor during TC, the players felt that way about Lundy.

El Tejano
10-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Dayne's rushing stats----sucks
Gado's rushing stats-----sucks
Lundy's rushing stats----sucks

Is it really all threes fault. Seems more like we need to start benching some linemen.

bobby 119C

I think that is happening very quietly with McKinney. You might not hear straight out but Mckinney is losing ground both on the field and with this coaching staff.

real
10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Against Indy, WaliLundy was doing very poorly in 1st & 10 & 3rd & short situations. He only broke off 5+ yard runs in passing situations(2nd & 20, 3 & 17).

Dayne was getting us decent runs(3 yards, 8 yards, 8 yards, -3 yards, 6 yards, 5 yards, & 1 yard) before the score got out of hand(20-3 to end the Half).

Against Indy, Gado was doing better than Lundy with 7 yards on 3rd & 9(his first carry of the game @ 2:04 left in the second Qtr), 2 yards on 1st & 10(his second carry of the game, with 4 minutes left in the 3rd Qtr), & 3 yards on the next play, 27 yards on 1st & 10(with 7 minutes left in the game).

The problem I have with breaking those stats down is that you are breaking down crap...to get to more crap....

I'm not saying you are wrong.....Im not saying Kubes is wrong...because if it were me I'd have been starting Dayne too.....The only thing that I don't like is the fact that they've only been bringing 2 backs to the games....

And IMO, we don't have an NFL starting back on this team....Dayne and Gado would be lucky to be second string on every other team....and Lundy probably wouldn't be on anyones roster except the Texans....

I don't like any of our backs but at this point I just want to see something different and at this moment Lundy=something different....:twocents:

mexican_texan
10-19-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm telling you that GADO is STARTING this week. Very reliable source with the texans organization confirmed
They wouldn't know until today or tommorow. Depends on who works better in the gameplan and who practices better. He may have been the starter going in, but don't be surprised if he isn't starting on Sunday.

edo783
10-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I suspect that folks are getting it a bit twisted. Both Gado and Lundy are suiting up. I suspect that Gado will be the back on the field starting with Lundy coming in later. Dayne will be getting the hot dogs and burgers for the team from the concession stands.

texanfan2002114
10-19-2006, 04:46 PM
They wouldn't know until today or tommorow. Depends on who works better in the gameplan and who practices better. He may have been the starter going in, but don't be surprised if he isn't starting on Sunday.

Gado worked with the 1st team today with Lundy filling in and Dayne working with the scout team according to Sportsradio 610 and Mark Vandamer (sp).

Marcus
10-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I think that is happening very quietly with McKinney. You might not hear straight out but Mckinney is losing ground both on the field and with this coaching staff.
If there's anything to that, I'm glad to hear it.

hot pickle
10-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Gado better not start, 2 or my 3 RBs in Fantasy football have bye weeks, so i picked up lundy and put him in thinkin hes gonna start, wali better start :redtowel:

dat_boy_yec
10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
I think Gado will do way better than most people expect. He hasn't had very many carries these last few games, but watching the Dallas game he had a run play where he showed amzing quickness. Albeit that quicness took him away from the hole he made a good cut and tried to take it outside. It was in the first few series I think. The series where Carr slid to the ground and almost got killed. Anyways, back to the point, Gado got the hand off and saw a linebacker coming through the hole. He made his cut to the outside then, if he had waited just another milli-second the hole would have opened back up as the LB was pushed out of the way by one of our linemen. Well, point is Gado showed he can change directions and this week we should see some production out of our running game.

LORK 88
10-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Actually Gado if faster than Lundy. Lundy is without a doubt quicker side to side but straight ahead, Gado smokes him. Trust me.
Wali Lundy runs a 4.45, dont tell me Gado is anything faster than that because in reality their about the same.

JDizzle
10-19-2006, 08:14 PM
RB 40 times don't matter unless you can get past the 2nd level and into a straightaway run. Tony Hollings was pretty fast but I don't think anyone here would claim he's a better RB than Domanick Davis.

thunderkyss
10-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I think Gado will do way better than most people expect. He hasn't had very many carries these last few games, but watching the Dallas game he had a run play where he showed amzing quickness. Albeit that quicness took him away from the hole he made a good cut and tried to take it outside. It was in the first few series I think. The series where Carr slid to the ground and almost got killed. Anyways, back to the point, Gado got the hand off and saw a linebacker coming through the hole. He made his cut to the outside then, if he had waited just another milli-second the hole would have opened back up as the LB was pushed out of the way by one of our linemen. Well, point is Gado showed he can change directions and this week we should see some production out of our running game.

That hole was closed off by Roy Williams. It's not that Gado got to the hole too quickly, it's that jameel cook didn't have enough ass to push RoyWilliams out of the hole. You are correct, if he had held up a second, RoyWilliams would have pushed Jameel back into the backfield, and there would have been a big hole for him to run through. Only problem, is that OwenDaniels provided so little resistance, that DemarcusWare might as well have been untouched going into the backfield, where he hit Gado, and made the tackle for no gain.

Jim Nayzium
10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
http://packers.com/multimedia/video/2005_game_video/

WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT GADO NOT HAVING WORLD CLASS BREAK AWAY SPEED!!!!!!

Go to the above link and watch the LIONS recap...

Then watch him drop Brian Dawkins draws versus the Eagles...

Then watch Falcons game...

Or maybe the Bears game....

This kid is a legit running back. Whoever said he would be lucky to make another squad should maybe do his homework...

For three weeks in a row last year he was in the running for NFC off. player of the week...Won it twice....

was overall NFC offensive Player of the Month for November....

Set the single season TD record for the entire Packer Organization history....you know ... the packers...right? they have been around a wee bit longer than oh-so lovely texans...

I refuse to respond to any of the morons on this board that won't watch the above clips and then comment on Gado's speed....

THE reason his try-out with the Packers lasted five minutes last season, is because they were so desperate and he ran two forties.....

4.34 and 4.32

And even though he does LOOK like he is slow, it is very deceiving how he glides...

He is NOT a shake and bake guy, no doubt....but he is fast!

And for anyone to act like they have seen this kid at all, AT ALL, with the 2.7 touches / game he has received is flat out ARSinine...

TexansSeminole
10-19-2006, 09:33 PM
So far, from what I have seen, this guy is no good... He seems way way too slow when initially getting the ball.

ledzeppelin229
10-19-2006, 10:45 PM
I suspect that folks are getting it a bit twisted. Both Gado and Lundy are suiting up. I suspect that Gado will be the back on the field starting with Lundy coming in later. Dayne will be getting the hot dogs and burgers for the team from the concession stands.

Everyone knows you don't send the chunkier guys to the concession stand. You never know how much of your order will actually show up. If only P-Burnt were still on the team...I felt like he could be counted on in that situation. But if Dayne is all we have...so be it.

Nbkan
10-20-2006, 09:11 AM

Lmao...I love Ron Dayne, but I am a realist. He hasn't got the job done. Fullback, maybe...but Hotdog/Hamburger runner for sure. Hell if you dangled some food in front of him he may get 6 yards per carry just a thought.

Jim Nayzium
10-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Dayne wins the Barry White Karoake night hands down....

real
10-20-2006, 09:59 AM
4.34 and 4.32

40 time doesn't equal football speed...

Isn't the guy coming off of a major injury???

David's Busted Carr
10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
So who is STARTING? Samkon or Wali? Does anyone know?

And is one of them going to have a more "featured" role or will it be a split?

HJam72
10-20-2006, 06:09 PM
We may set a record for the largest number of running backs with YPC avgs. below 3.0, not to mention the largest number of starters in one season at one position.

thunderkyss
10-20-2006, 07:18 PM
We may set a record for the largest number of running backs with YPC avgs. below 3.0, not to mention the largest number of starters in one season at one position.

what team had a good rushing day against Dallas or Miami this year??

Jim Nayzium
10-20-2006, 09:32 PM
40 time doesn't equal football speed...

Isn't the guy coming off of a major injury???

I totally agree, but football 40 times are valid once the player is in the open field. And last year, Gado was never caught from behind.

His "major injury" you speak of is nothing of the kind. He had a very minor knee sprain and would have played in the last game of the season but Sherman did not want him to push to hard in a dismal season...Sources close to Gado said he was 100 percent ten days after the knee bruise.

There was no rehab...no surgery, no nothing.

I am telling you, if our line grades out at at-least a B-, then Samkon will have 80-100 yards...

Zone blocking is all about rhythm...carry after carry...and then one cut and gone...

HJam72
10-20-2006, 09:50 PM
what team had a good rushing day against Dallas or Miami this year??

I don't know, but we pretty much stink against everybody else too.

I don't know about Miami (no sarcasm--I really don't), but yeah Dallas is really good against the run.

thunderkyss
10-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't know, but we pretty much stink against everybody else too.

I don't know about Miami (no sarcasm--I really don't), but yeah Dallas is really good against the run.

Baltimore, Dallas, Miami...... (http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=7&_1:col_1=6) That's pretty much the way it goes.

Philly, Indy, Washington...... we didn't get enough carries, Indy & Washington, we got behind way too early, way too fast, running the ball was not in the game plan in the second half.

Philly, Lundy fumbled the ball, and we never heard from him since. There was no good reason to abandon the run in that game, we could've should've won that one.

HJam72
10-20-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm sure that Kubiak wants to run. I would think that if he's not doing it, it's because he feels that the performance on the field regarding the running game is severely lacking. I don't remember the details like you're bringing up, but I remember thinking that the running game is so bad they're only doing it to avoid passing on every play. That and hoping it would get better back at that time, of course. Now, I really have my doubts for it this year.

wolfscar
10-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Baltimore, Dallas, Miami...... (http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=7&_1:col_1=6) That's pretty much the way it goes.

Philly, Indy, Washington...... we didn't get enough carries, Indy & Washington, we got behind way too early, way too fast, running the ball was not in the game plan in the second half.

Philly, Lundy fumbled the ball, and we never heard from him since. There was no good reason to abandon the run in that game, we could've should've won that one.

That's a good point that a lot of people seem to be missing - all season we've either played against teams that are top 10 against the run or we've gone behind and had to throw to get back in it (with the exception of Philly - which I agree we didn't run enough second half).

I'm not saying that this is an excuse for the dismal numbers we've put up, but with an O-Line that's yet to settle into a new scheme and a lot of changes it would have taken a special RB to put up decent numbers. If you can create a hole for him, Gado has a lot of speed and Lundy shows decent instincts for a rook.

Unfortunately we're up against another top 10 runstopping defense this Sunday but if we mix up the playbook a little and don't fall a long way behind I reckon the rushing yards will start to climb.

threetoedpete
10-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I thought Ricky Williams would have been an Earl Cambell type back.

boy was I wrong!

bobby 119C

He is an Earl Campbel back. Unfortunately, he can't put down the wacky tobaccy . Which, seems to be a reoccouring theme in Sodom on Town Lake with it's some of it's football palyers these days.

threetoedpete
10-21-2006, 11:07 AM

I've been waiting for this. Let the record show it wasn't me that posted it. Easy to ignor the o-line untill it reahes critical mass. If what happens Sunday against the Jags is what I think will happen, we'll have reached critical mass.

threetoedpete
10-21-2006, 11:13 AM
So far, from what I have seen, this guy is no good... He seems way way too slow when initially getting the ball.

Yeah I'm with you. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Behind a more effietent line no doubt he makes a better showing. But how many teams now in how many years ? Our rooks spit the bit out of camp and what we got is what we got. Off the (s)crap heap running backs. Put lip stick on it all you want. But that's what it is. A pig is still a pig no matter how much you desser her up.

thunderkyss
10-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately we're up against another top 10 runstopping defense this Sunday but if we mix up the playbook a little and don't fall a long way behind I reckon the rushing yards will start to climb.

Dallas has put up good numbers against bad teams.. us included. they managed 88 yards against Jacksonville.

they also played Pitts, who was trying to run WillieParker like he was jeromBettis. then they played Indy, not really a running football team, and Washington who gained 150 yards, on 40 carries, for 3.8 ypc.

So even though they look top ten, we can prove that they really aren't. If nothing else, we need to keep mistakes to a minimum, and run the ball over 30 times, even if we are only getting 3.4 ypc.

Of course, with that same thinking, we could have proven Dallas to not be top 10 (because they haven't played anyone yet either(including us)), but Dallas base D is a 5 man front. Greg Ellis is a true DE, and Demarcus Ware is hell on a TE.

Jim Nayzium
10-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah I'm with you. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
Based on this logic, ThreeToedPete must be a complete Moron.

Behind a more effietent line no doubt he makes a better showing. But how many teams now in how many years ? Our rooks spit the bit out of camp and what we got is what we got. Off the (s)crap heap running backs. Put lip stick on it all you want. But that's what it is. A pig is still a pig no matter how much you desser her up.

How many teams in how many years?? That is the most ignorant observation of the season...

Rookie-Free-Agent with the chiefs...
1. Priest Holmes was healthy and starting...
2. Larry Johnson was the 3 million dollar back-up.
3. Tony Richardson was third team...

So after being cut, Saunders and Vermeil call him at home to make sure he knows how much they liked him. (Green BAy newspaper said so...)

Then with Pack, excelled as soon as he had 20 carries...with a so-so line. NFC O.Player for the Month of November...Rookie of the week three times...

Then, as soon as Sherman (his Head coach) has the chance to acquire him somehow, you make this a negative judgement against him. To me that is the highest compliment you can give to a player...to leave the team and then look back and trade for him...

Unfortunately he has a so-so line here too...a So-So - So so so BAD line....wow....

I cannot wait to come back to this forum when you guys are all drulling over gado for having two rushing tds and 111 yards...

You all are such fair weather johnsons.

thunderkyss
10-21-2006, 10:11 PM

That would've been such a good post, had you not gone there.

Besides, we could've picked up edgerin James, or SuanAlexander, and if they had the seasons here, that they've had with Arizona & Seattle, the same people would be arguing the same points.

Nobody is nobody if they haven't done it already on someone else's team. They'll end up overpaying for those guys, then finding someone else to blame it on.

edo783
10-21-2006, 10:24 PM

How many teams in how many years?? That is the most ignorant observation of the season...

So after being cut, Saunders and Vermeil call him at home to make sure he knows how much they liked him. (Green BAy newspaper said so...)

Then with Pack, excelled as soon as he had 20 carries...with a so-so line. NFC O.Player for the Month of November...Rookie of the week three times...

Then, as soon as Sherman (his Head coach) has the chance to acquire him somehow, you make this a negative judgement against him. To me that is the highest compliment you can give to a player...to leave the team and then look back and trade for him...

Unfortunately he has a so-so line here too...a So-So - So so so BAD line....wow....

I cannot wait to come back to this forum when you guys are all drulling over gado for having two rushing tds and 111 yards...

Ahhh, a new poster trying to impress people. With a start like this one, I predict a turbulent life on the board. Good luck.

texan279
10-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Dallas has put up good numbers against bad teams.. us included. they managed 88 yards against Jacksonville.

they also played Pitts, who was trying to run WillieParker like he was jeromBettis. then they played Indy, not really a running football team, and Washington who gained 150 yards, on 40 carries, for 3.8 ypc.

So even though they look top ten, we can prove that they really aren't. If nothing else, we need to keep mistakes to a minimum, and run the ball over 30 times, even if we are only getting 3.4 ypc.

Of course, with that same thinking, we could have proven Dallas to not be top 10 (because they haven't played anyone yet either(including us)), but Dallas base D is a 5 man front. Greg Ellis is a true DE, and Demarcus Ware is hell on a TE.

The Jags defense is for real. They are holding opponents to 88 yards per game on the ground, and 4 of the teams they have played are ranked in the top 15 in rushing offense, and 3 of those teams have a top 10 rushing offense. The Jags defense is going to crush our excuse for a running game, and if they don't I guess it will just be a nice surprise for me.

Dallas, 4th ranked rushing offense in the NFL, was held to 88 yards on the ground against the Jags. Pittsburgh, ranked 8th in the NFL in rushing offense, was held to 26 yards rushing against the Jags. Indy, ranked 14th in the NFL in rushing offense, was held to 63 yards rushing by the Jags. Washington, ranked 7th in the NFL in rushing offense, did gain 152 rushing yards against the Jags, but they did it on 40 carries, for an average YPC of 3.8, the Jets, ranked 21st in the NFL, gained 132 yards against the Jags on 34 carries for an average YPC of 3.9.

texan279
10-21-2006, 10:29 PM

Are you saying he is going to do this against the Jags defense? lmao Put the pipe down! And why are we having to wait for the Great Gado Show? He's had 4 weeks to do this and in 4 weeks he has put up a whopping 49 yards total in 4 games!

hot pickle
10-21-2006, 10:36 PM
so is gado or lundy startin tomorow?

thunderkyss
10-21-2006, 10:41 PM
The Jags defense is for real. They are holding opponents to 88 yards per game on the ground, and 4 of the teams they have played are ranked in the top 15 in rushing offense, and 3 of those teams have a top 10 rushing offense. The Jags defense is going to crush our excuse for a running game, and if they don't I guess it will just be a nice surprise for me.

Dallas, 4th ranked rushing offense in the NFL, was held to 88 yards on the ground against the Jags. Pittsburgh, ranked 8th in the NFL in rushing offense, was held to 26 yards rushing against the Jags. Indy, ranked 14th in the NFL in rushing offense, was held to 63 yards rushing by the Jags. Washington, ranked 7th in the NFL in rushing offense, did gain 152 rushing yards against the Jags, but they did it on 40 carries, for an average YPC of 3.8, the Jets, ranked 21st in the NFL, gained 132 yards against the Jags on 34 carries for an average YPC of 3.9.

Sorry, but I'm not ready to crown Jacksonville just yet.

We'll put up 100 yards on their sorry teal green behinds.......

mexican_texan
10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
so is gado or lundy startin tomorow?
I haven't heard a word. Here's what I DO know.

Texans | Wiegert to play Week 7
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 07:39:48 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans OT Zach Wiegert (knee) will play Week 7.

Texans | Manning waived
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 07:36:31 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans waived LB Roy Manning Friday, Oct. 20.

Texans | Wong to play Week 7
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 07:30:17 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans LB Kailee Wong (knee) will play Week 7.

texan279
10-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Sorry, but I'm not ready to crown Jacksonville just yet.

We'll put up 100 yards on their sorry teal green behinds.......

The last 3 seasons the Jags overall defense has been ranked 6th, 11th, and 6th in that order. I've always watched a bit more of their games besides when they play us just because they are in our division. Their defense is for real. They have had a good defense for years. It's not like the Jags having a good defense is something new.

thunderkyss
10-21-2006, 10:50 PM
The last 3 seasons the Jags overall defense has been ranked 6th, 11th, and 6th in that order. I've always watched a bit more of their games besides when they play us just because they are in our division. Their defense is for real. They have had a good defense for years. It's not like the Jags having a good defense is something new.

That Jacksonville D ain't crap....... just overrated...... they get to play us & the Titans twice a year..... that'll make anyone's Defensive numbers look pretty good.

texan279
10-21-2006, 10:55 PM
That Jacksonville D ain't crap....... just overrated...... they get to play us & the Titans twice a year..... that'll make anyone's Defensive numbers look pretty good.

The Jags had the 13th ranked strength of schedule last season...

thunderkyss
10-21-2006, 11:00 PM
The Jags had the 13th ranked strength of schedule last season...

We're sweeping the Jags...... in '06

texan279
10-21-2006, 11:04 PM

LOL...Ok, just like Domanick Davis was going to be ready for the season opener...

Nbkan
10-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Are you saying he is going to do this against the Jags defense? lmao Put the pipe down! And why are we having to wait for the Great Gado Show? He's had 4 weeks to do this and in 4 weeks he has put up a whopping 49 yards total in 4 games!

When he is done with the pipe I need a hit...still suffering the cowpokes loss.

texan279
10-21-2006, 11:14 PM
When he is done with the pipe I need a hit...still suffering the cowpokes loss.

You could always call Michael Irvin...:bananasplit:

thunderkyss
10-21-2006, 11:20 PM
LOL...Ok, just like Domanick Davis was going to be ready for the season opener...

yeah, I missed that one. I'm due now........

joedinkle
10-22-2006, 01:01 AM
yeah, I missed that one. I'm due now........

lol, let's hope so.

Jim Nayzium
10-22-2006, 01:25 AM
I am not necessarily saying he will do it versus the jags...I am just saying you guys haven't gotten a chance to see the real Gado yet....

Dayne getting the brunt of the carries means that whoever backs him up will have a rough go of it...

I am predicting if Gado gets 20 carries against the Jags, he will a better day than Dayne had against miami...how is that for realistic expectations..???

How about this side bet ---- Leftwich is hobbled, doesn't play well...defense keeps the jags off the field in the first half.

Jags, are shocked at Gado's quick burst through the line and he stuns everyone for two first half TD's and 45 yards rushing with two catches for 27 yards.

The score at the half is Jags 3 - Texans 17

By the way, I found the video links...the packer's site was dead...

http://www.nfl.com/video/2005/14

That link is for week 14 - you have to manually find the packers game.

I was at this game in Green Bay. It was 5 degrees outside. Gado's heads up play in the endzone won the game for the Packers.

He said in the papers he knew he was outside the tackle box so it would not be grounding...He also said favre actually explained the rule to him two weeks earlier...

This kid is special...

He has Walter Payton glide type speed. He rarely looks that fast...but he is just usually not getting caught...The first highlight of the Detroit game is a DB returnign a Kickoff 80 yards...well it is that same DB that Gado outruns on his long td run.

Make sure to watch week 10 or 11 cant remember - the eagles game is the one to watch....he drops Dawkins' drawers...

I am telling you, as the packers went south, my attention turned toward this kid....that is why I want him to succeed in Houston.

You know in the off-season in GB he worked as an intern at the local hospital, and then gave the money back....

In the world of TO, and the rest of the *****s out there...we need folks like Gado to succeed in the league...for the sake of the league.

My only argument is give him the carries that Dayne was getting and he would have gotten much more yardage for us.

Just look at his three open field carries versus Indy...

Come back here to this thread at halftime and make fun of how stupid my prediction plays out....I don't care - I stand by it...

and as for the threeToedPete remark....I was just using his flawed logic against him....if that turns into a volatile forum life....so be it.

I assume you guys need something around here to keep football season interesting...

Nbkan
10-22-2006, 01:33 AM
You could always call Michael Irvin...:bananasplit:

He said it was his 'friends' pipe. :rolleyes:

Nbkan
10-22-2006, 01:35 AM
How about this side bet ---- Leftwich is hobbled, doesn't play well...defense keeps the jags off the field in the first half.

Jags, are shocked at Gado's quick burst through the line and he stuns everyone for two first half TD's and 45 yards rushing with two catches for 27 yards.

The score at the half is Jags 3 - Texans 17.

I hope like hell your right :yahoo:

wolfscar
10-22-2006, 08:52 AM
In the world of TO, and the rest of the *****s out there...we need folks like Gado to succeed in the league...for the sake of the league.

Not really on topic, but it's a valid reason for giving this guy a solid shot at the job. He is a quality human being - along the lines of Warrick Dunn and Brett Favre and so on - who makes the NFL stand head and shoulders above a lot of other sports as a place where true sportsmen still exist. Coming from Scotland, and being a big fan of rugby, this was one of the major reasons I got interested in the NFL.

Like i say - it's off topic, but it does touch on an important issue and besides, I think it's easier to play your guts out for someone when it's for someone you respect. Which is maybe part of the reason DD does so well. I just wanted to comment on it.

wolfscar
10-22-2006, 08:58 AM

The Jags are talking a lot about how their D is a role system that doesn't miss big players, but I think that's only partially true. This defense is built around three guys - Marcus Stroud, John Henderson and Mike Peterson. Two of them are out for this game and one of those is the pivotal member of that trio - Mike Peterson. You take him out of the Jags defense and I reckon you see a gap or two where there would have been nothing even resembling daylight before.

If we run the ball 30+ times this game with even a hint of creativity to the playcalling I reckon we can break 100 yards with room to spare.

bigTEXan8
10-22-2006, 11:33 AM
i don't care who we start anymore...i just want someone to ******* produce.

Tale Gator
10-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Props to Samkonfan with the solid info. :cool:

hot pickle
10-22-2006, 01:15 PM
good thing i dropped wali and picked up samkon last night, good info samkonfan

Jim Nayzium
10-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Let me be the first to congratulate Wali Lundy on a fantastic day.

Now, that being said I will make one more decently unbiased observation, and then I will go into my obvious "bias for Samkon-tone."

Wali Lundy is a class act just like Samkon. He is a solid kid with a lot of character. At Virginia he proved he had character. Obviously riding the bench and not dressing and then stepping up like he has shows he has a special side to him. I am very pleased for Houston that someone like this was the one to step up.

I would like to point out now (changing to the biased tone now) that while Lundy did step up and play extremely well, you have to agree with me on this point...

Lundy did not accomplish anything that any other NFL running back would not have been able to accomplish with the same plays given to him. What I mean is the toss sweep was perfectly blocked. Mike Flanagan would have gotten 11 yards on this play, Dayne would have gotten 20, and Lundy got 30 ish...

The ISO late in the game that Lundy broke, I will give him credit for creating 7 more yards at the end of the run with the nice little shake, but Samkon would have also made this play, and maybe gotten 5 extra instead as he drilled the DB instead of shaking him.

Gado's early carries made it obvious that the coaches have really been missing the whole point with not carrying Gado and Lundy all along. Someone else posted this earlier, but Gado and Lundy are at least different types of backs.

At halftime my predictions were almost dead on. And what is worse for us Samkon fans to have to bear is my predictions were spot on and Samkon would have had 135 yards had they just stuck with him.

I am definitely not trying to take anything away from the Lundy camp, nor his performance. I am also well aware of the way it happened. Samkon dropped a pass (that would have led to ZERO gain) and then on the next play was running a pre-designed outside zone play that did not allow him to read the GUARD's block, so he missed the cut-back lane that was there...but if you watch that play again, you will see it was a definite 'get outside quick' play, and therefore the guard getting whipped playside makes it a no-gainer...

So, Kubiak, utilizing the same logic that he has preached, "stick with playing everyone till someone steps up..." plays Lundy on the next series.

And I am happy for Lundy. He is a classy kid. I am happy for the Texans beating a decent football team (no matter how hamstrung they were today..)

All I am saying, to everyone tempted to call me an 1diot , is this:

Had Samkon been in the game on the toss sweep where Lundy got the long run, do you think Samkon would have done just as well?? Of course.

So now we have the best of both worlds. We have the early beginnings of a Warrick Dunn / TJ Ducket type scenario.

For me personally, as I stuck my neck out there pretty far, it is just a shame, that Gado wasn't in the game on the toss sweep, because then I would be the obnoxious poster bragging about my Packer-Kid leading you guys to victory....

As it stands, I have to humbly say I am happy for the team, and happy for Lundy...

Feel free to take your shots on me...but I stand by my predictions, and my opinions. Gado has every yard today (except for the net two yard difference discussed earlier on the shake and bake versus the trucking) that Lundy had.

And now, we have weakly Tennessee...so now the question becomes, do you stick with the exact same system of what worked today...keep the pressure off the rookie starting, and start Gado, and then bring the quickness off the bench...or do you just flat out make Lundy the guy...

I hope for you Lundy Lovers that they stick with the current mode, cuz as soon as they make Lundy the guy...he will go back to appearing inconsistent and dull.

As it stands, the one-two punch is pretty potent. Gado can also pass block much better, so I like the future with the two being a distinct possibility.

thunderkyss
10-22-2006, 06:41 PM

Write it down....

Tale Gator
10-22-2006, 06:44 PM
good thing i dropped wali and picked up samkon last night, good info samkonfan

whoops...

:crying:

Doug
10-22-2006, 06:49 PM
whoops...

:crying:

Now that's funny stuff. Sorry for pokin at you but I couldn't help but laugh when I was reading through this thread and noticed your previous post.

Samkonfan
10-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Tale Gator, I did not tell you to drop Lundy from your fantasy team, I just stated that I had inside information that Gado was going to start.

Jim Nayzium, I agree with you that given the same opportunity on the play that Lundy ran that Gado would have gotten the same amount of yards and I'll go as far as to say Dayne would have picked up 20 yards on that play. I think Lundy and Gado are a nice 1-2 punch. The person that should be worried is Dayne. As one put it earlier, he can go to the concession stands to get the two younger backs some food.

I think you stick with Gado as the starter since he does have a little more experience and let Lundy get a feel for the game and continue to rotate them in. I do think that Gado needs to be in during the 4th quarter when you are trying to run out the clock and pound the football.

Good job Houston. I'll let you know who starts this week. Stay tuned.

chuckm
10-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Here's hoping Dayne has run into the back of one of our linemen for the last time ...

hot pickle
10-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Now that's funny stuff. Sorry for pokin at you but I couldn't help but laugh when I was reading through this thread and noticed your previous post.

its aight the guy kicked my butt last night in FF wouldnt of made a differance

texan279
10-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Tale Gator, I did not tell you to drop Lundy from your fantasy team, I just stated that I had inside information that Gado was going to start.

Jim Nayzium, I agree with you that given the same opportunity on the play that Lundy ran that Gado would have gotten the same amount of yards and I'll go as far as to say Dayne would have picked up 20 yards on that play. I think Lundy and Gado are a nice 1-2 punch. The person that should be worried is Dayne. As one put it earlier, he can go to the concession stands to get the two younger backs some food.

I think you stick with Gado as the starter since he does have a little more experience and let Lundy get a feel for the game and continue to rotate them in. I do think that Gado needs to be in during the 4th quarter when you are trying to run out the clock and pound the football.

Good job Houston. I'll let you know who starts this week. Stay tuned.

No way, I don't care about experience. Look at DeMeco Ryans, rookies step in all the time and start their first season. Gado has done squat in 4 games, Lundy came into this game and our running game did a 180 in one half. Lundy deserves to start.