PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams...lions

Wolf
10-17-2006, 11:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552678

Wow did this guy fall off of the face of the earth or what?

2 games zero catches.

Is he a bust or has he been injured(link doesn't say)

samomin
10-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Clarett pulled him down with him.

TexanSam
10-17-2006, 11:40 PM
I was hoping the Texans would draft him in 2005, thinking he would fall to us. Now I'm glad he didn't. Three wide recievers in three years, and only one has turned out to be even halfway decent (Roy Williams).

infantrycak
10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
He has not been injured--he has been overweight (to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars in fines by the team) and has PO'd the coaching staff. Not sure how smart they are though when they release a #2 pick WR, bench a top 10 WR and sign Bradford to a $2 mil signing bonus and then cut him 4 games into the season. Roy Williams has been begging them to get Mike Williams in the game when he hasn't been bragging about putting up 40 points.

TexanSam
10-17-2006, 11:55 PM
He has not been injured--he has been overweight (to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars in fines by the team) and has PO'd the coaching staff. Not sure how smart they are though when they release a #2 pick WR, bench a top 10 WR and sign Bradford to a $2 mil signing bonus and then cut him 4 games into the season. Roy Williams has been begging them to get Mike Williams in the game when he hasn't been bragging about putting up 40 points.

That's Matt Millen for you. His decisons make Charley Casserly's choices look genius like.

Hulk75
10-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Attitude Adjustment is needed! He is very talented, but a sour ME ME ME attitude does not fly with coaches.

jlam
10-18-2006, 12:08 PM
He actually had a pass thrown to him this past week though, so he's making progress.

He dropped it.

edo783
10-18-2006, 03:51 PM
He actually had a pass thrown to him this past week though, so he's making progress.

He dropped it.

Now that's funny!

kcwilson
10-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Good story, but way back when here in L.A. when Mike Williams was the thing at USC, the local radio team here interviewed Keyshawn Johnson, another USC WR alum. Well, right after Mike Williams broke some kind of single season TD Reception record (or some record, can't remember), the local radio team asked Me-shawn what he thought of Mike Williams as a WR and Me-shawn responded flatly...

"He's fat! How can a guy that fat catch so many TD's?"

Now that is valuable pre-draft analysis that you don't get from the combine.

mexican_texan
10-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Lookie what I found...

BMW isn't a nickname started by car imagery. It started as Big Mike Williams and got shortened to BMW.

mexican_texan
10-18-2006, 06:19 PM
One would've thought that a year out of football would result in something like this...

run-david-run
10-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Speaking of failed Lions receivers who are probably suffering from the munchies, where's Charles Rogers?

mexican_texan
10-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Speaking of failed Lions receivers who are probably suffering from the munchies, where's Charles Rogers?
Tried out for the Pats, but Gaffney won the job.