PDA

View Full Version : Cards fire Offensive Cord

HomeBred_Texan
10-17-2006, 07:05 PM
I just saw on ESPN that after the game last night, the Cards have fired there Off Cord, Hmmm, could that send a message to our Def Cord?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6071530

hollywood_texan
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
I just saw on ESPN that after the game last night, the Cards have fired there Off Cord, Hmmm, could that send a message to our Def Cord?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6071530

The defense has played okay considering the points surrendered the last two games

The offensive turnovers in the second half against the Cowboys were just a killer.

In the past two games, the defense has held the opposing team to 6 points in the first half, whereas the offense has only 9 points with no touchdowns.

In addition, the offense hasn't even scored a point in the third quarter!

Both sides of the ball, the entire team, coaching staff, and even the guy that washes the jocks (going overboard but trying to prove a point here), have to prove that they are even NFL quality because I am not seeing it.

THE ENTIRE TEXANS ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO BE SENT A MESSAGE!!!!!

Honoring Earl 34
10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
As bad as we're getting beat ... I'd rather blitz like nobody's business and get burnt long than do what we're doing . At least we would be sending a message that its full speed ahead .

kastofsna
10-17-2006, 08:02 PM
everything he did before the game cost them the game as well. check out the 3rd downs they setup for matt leinart to convert:

3rd and 6
3rd and 3
3rd and 11
3rd and 12
3rd and 15
3rd and 9
3rd and 7
3rd and 5 (run)
3rd and 15
3rd and 10
3rd and 4
3rd and 5
3rd and 15
3rd and 9
3rd and 11 (run)
3rd and 10
3rd and 11
3rd and 10
3rd and 12
3rd and 4
3rd and 1 (run--didn't convert)

11 3rd downs of 10 yards or more. why? because when it's 100% obvious that you're going to run the ball behind your crappy line, it's going to be easy to stop them. that's why brian urlacher had 20+ tackles.

6 turnovers for the cardinals, and on 5 of those turnovers, they ran on the ball on the first play following the turnover. FIVE times. don't you usually want to attack the team when they're down? just extremely conservative throughout the ball game. not only when the game was on the line, but long BEFORE the game was on the line. "playing not to lose."