PDA

View Full Version : Lundy

amazingandre
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
With Dayne and Gado struggling, coach Gary Kubiak said Lundy will get another chance. He's expected to get an opportunity as a punt returner after Phillip Buchanon was placed on waivers Monday.

"(Lundy) is not playing because I don't think he can handle it," Kubiak said. "I think we had a couple of good guys that we needed to take a look at, but it's obvious right now that we have to give the kid a chance to come back and play some more."

Staight out of chronicle........yesi hope he proves himself and get sthe full load not theis splitting time crap. give him a real shot.

lets get some thoughtsfrom people on how we think he will do. i say possibly 60 to 70 rushing yrds and 3 rec. anyone else??????????????

real
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
"(Lundy) is not playing because I don't think he can handle it," Kubiak said. "I think we had a couple of good guys that we needed to take a look at, but it's obvious right now that we have to give the kid a chance to come back and play some more."

To me that speaks volumes of what he thinks about Dayne and Gado at this point...

He is going to give more carries to a guy "he didn't think could handle it"...and take carries away from slow and slower....

mexican_texan
10-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Lundy is a hard worker. Maybe the only reason he played was how hard he worked and how much the players and coaches appreciated it. I don't know if he has the vision to play RB right now.

real
10-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Lundy is a hard worker. Maybe the only reason he played was how hard he worked and how much the players and coaches appreciated it. I don't know if he has the vision to play RB right now.

I agree...I don't think Lundy is "the" answer...But I like him in there more than Dayne....

mexican_texan
10-17-2006, 06:00 PM
I agree...I don't think Lundy is "the" answer...But I like him in there more than Dayne....
Even Hollings is better...

infantrycak
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
To me that speaks volumes of what he thinks about Dayne and Gado at this point...

He is going to give more carries to a guy "he didn't think could handle it"...and take carries away from slow and slower....

That is clearly a misquote situation by the paper confusing a double negative--Kubiak said he didn't think he couldn't handle it. I have heard him on air say that several times--the paper just screwed up this time.

Chris Taylor MVP
10-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Chris Taylor should be the Texans starting running back! No ifs, ands, butts (buts) about it! Altogether now "WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR!!!.......

Rightnow
10-18-2006, 07:52 AM
If the quote is true, Kubiak is probably refering to other things besides running. Lundy needs to learn how to chip block and pick up the blitz better. A RB needs to know the offense very well on plays that he isn't just running.

real
10-18-2006, 07:54 AM
That is clearly a misquote situation by the paper confusing a double negative--Kubiak said he didn't think he couldn't handle it. I have heard him on air say that several times--the paper just screwed up this time.

O.K.....that makes me feel better.....

Yankee_In_TX
10-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Cold Pizza this morning--> Lundy WILL play! :yahoo: :superman: :redtowel:

I hope he does well, I like the guy!

Mr. White
10-18-2006, 11:03 AM
From being a 6-year-old with Earl Campbell posters on the wall, I've always been more partial to the power backs.

Right now, I'm all for the guy that can hit the hole the quickest when there is a hole. Dayne and Gado have yet to prove that they are that guy.

Good luck to Lundy.

threetoedpete
10-18-2006, 11:04 AM
What I'm excited about is with the Wiegert ding, we get to see what we got in Erick Winston. He's gonna suck a little bit. But will be fun to watch him play. As far as the running bakcs, I think they are snipe hunting with wet paper bags. Both lines are playing so bad, the coaches are throwing us a bone of hope. The rest of the season is going to be like granny slipin you the toungue. Shocking and disgusting.

kcwilson
10-18-2006, 11:11 AM
The rest of the season is going to be like granny slipin you the toungue. Shocking and disgusting.

Well, time to vomit.

Texans_Chick
10-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Lundy is going to play because we are at the point of a why not. But don't expect all the running game problems to be magically fixed because of a running back change.

Check out this link that talks about run defense strength: "Jaguar Defensive Tackle John Henderson Will Eat Your Children" (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/17/jaguar-defensive-tackle-john-henderson-will-eat-your-children/) (the YouTube video is pretty entertaining, and is something nice to remember for those random people who seem to challenge Carr's manhood).

The Jag's run defense isn't ranked as high as Dallas' but out of all the teams with winning records, the Jags have played one of the harder schedules to date. Harder than Dallas' schedule.

In other words, it is a hard week to be trying to right the ship with your running game. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is a pretty big task to ask Lundy to work miracles in running and run blocking this week.

kcwilson
10-18-2006, 11:15 AM
In other words, it is a hard week to be trying to right the ship with your running game. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is a pretty big task to ask Lundy to work miracles in running and run blocking this week.

And rightly, it is a hard schedule at the beginning of a season for a team trying to rebuild itself. We just need to keep taking steps forward in all facets of the game.

I look for Winston to gain some experience, which is needed eventually. He won't get better or more acclimated to the NFL sitting behind Wiegert. I also look for Weary to have a solid game.

It will be interesting to see if Vonta Leach gets some field time this game to try and open up some holes against a tough Jax front.

Has anyone heard anything about Leach's status for the game?

Texans_Chick
10-18-2006, 11:15 AM

Here's the quote from the presser: Week 6 of the Houston Texans Running Back Experiment: Wali Lundy to Play (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/17/week-6-of-the-houston-texans-running-back-experiment-wali-lundy/)

They took that quote out of context.

Vinny
10-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Lundy is going to play because we are at the point of a why not. But don't expect all the running game problems to be magically fixed because of a running back change.

Check out this link that talks about run defense strength: "Jaguar Defensive Tackle John Henderson Will Eat Your Children" (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/17/jaguar-defensive-tackle-john-henderson-will-eat-your-children/) (the YouTube video is pretty entertaining, and is something nice to remember for those random people who seem to challenge Carr's manhood).

The Jag's run defense isn't ranked as high as Dallas' but out of all the teams with winning records, the Jags have played one of the harder schedules to date. Harder than Dallas' schedule.

In other words, it is a hard week to be trying to right the ship with your running game. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is a pretty big task to ask Lundy to work miracles in running and run blocking this week.heh, nice vid. Henderson is a load....Leading up to the draft John Henderson was one of the guys who was on top of the draft board and was pimped by many of Texans fan nation till we decided on Carr. Bryant McKinnie, Julius Peppers, Mike Williams and Mr Football himself, Joey Harrington were the others.

TheOgre
10-18-2006, 11:40 AM
heh, nice vid. Henderson is a load....Leading up to the draft John Henderson was one of the guys who was on top of the draft board and was pimped by many of Texans fan nation till we decided on Carr. Bryant McKinnie, Julius Peppers, Mike Williams and Mr Football himself, Joey Harrington were the others.

I was partial to Peppers or McKinnie. I thought the team needed to start by building the lines then moving out from there.

O.G.
10-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Chris Taylor should be the Texans starting running back! No ifs, ands, butts (buts) about it! Altogether now "WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR!!!.......

I don't know if he should or shouldn't, but I do believe he should have every opportunity like the previous rb's mentioned. He can't do any worse and I think he can be a suprise.

Vinny
10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
I was partial to Peppers or McKinnie. I thought the team needed to start by building the lines then moving out from there.

That is how the old Oilers did it before their run of 7 straight playoff years. We took Munchack, Steinkuhler (would have been a perennial all pro if not for his bad knees), Harvey Salem, Don Maggs and of course Bruce Matthews with high draft picks as the offensive core to that team.

dantem
10-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Chris, Your not supposed to be posting here while your on the team...

dantem
10-18-2006, 08:11 PM
I think Wali has a lot of potential, as long as he is not having to block too often. as long as it is not Dane I am happy.