PDA

View Full Version : Motion creates Emotion: Kubiak and crew are stale

Jawja Texan
10-17-2006, 03:06 PM
I see these other new coaches in the league with fire and intensity in their eyes and actions. Kubiak reminds me a little of Capers. Just chillin out with a disappointed look on his face, taking notes. Kubiak needs to get fired up. He needs to become more animated. Show some passion, dude. The only other new coach as stale as Kubiak is Art Shell, and you see how successful he is right now. We need heart and a never say die spirit. We don't have either right now. I truly hope things get better.

TexansSeminole
10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I think he is just evaluating who he wants to keep on the team. It's pretty obvious that we dont have very many good players, and I would probably say we have the least amount of talent on our roster next to the Raiders.

Rightnow
10-17-2006, 03:17 PM
I see these other new coaches in the league with fire and intensity in their eyes and actions. Kubiak reminds me a little of Capers. Just chillin out with a disappointed look on his face, taking notes. Kubiak needs to get fired up. He needs to become more animated. Show some passion, dude. The only other new coach as stale as Kubiak is Art Shell, and you see how successful he is right now. We need heart and a never say die spirit. We don't have either right now. I truly hope things get better.

He's just not that kind of coach. Besides, Richard Smith screams at the defense and they are 32nd in the NFL right now. Perhaps he just needs to scream a bit louder?

Jawja Texan
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Good point. But I just would hope that he would show a little more emotion. He doesn't have to scream, but I would like to see something besides a blank stare.

PapaL
10-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Like gun play maybe? Missed a tackle? BANG...Offsides...BANG

Your old enough to remember Art Shell and his first go around coaching the Raiders, hardly a quiet coach and very intimidating.

ArlingtonTexan
10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I am not sure that I can think of a more overrated thing in sports. For every firey, outward emotion guy there is a stone faced general type to counter who is just as successful.

kcwilson
10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
We take a coach for what he does in week 6, it's bull**** bull***!

The coaches are who we thought they were! Now if you want to brand them emotionless, then brand them! But they are who we thought they are!

<<closes message board window, vigorously>>

aj.
10-17-2006, 05:53 PM
This thread is stupid.

Signed,

Tom Landry

Jawja Texan
10-17-2006, 06:08 PM
We take a coach for what he does in week 6, it's bull**** bull***!

The coaches are who we thought they were! Now if you want to brand them emotionless, then brand them! But they are who we thought they are!

<<closes message board window, vigorously>>

I like it :redtowel:

DreDaMan05
10-17-2006, 09:10 PM
I agree with you Jawja, he could show a little emotion maybe not on the field but off the field. Do like Dennis Green slap the mic and walk off before cussing out the media. It shows passion and it also tells the team that some heads is about to roll if they don't get in gear!!!!

Jawja Texan
10-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I agree with you Jawja, he could show a little emotion maybe not on the field but off the field. Do like Dennis Green slap the mic and walk off before cussing out the media. It shows passion and it also tells the team that some heads is about to roll if they don't get in gear!!!!

Exactly! For the love of God, show something! Anything! Get excited! Light a fire under the players' behinds! Get them motivated! This team needs someone who can show the tough love, be animated, and who has a pulse!

:redtowel:

sleepwalker
10-18-2006, 12:50 AM
That's just not his personality....You can tell he's pretty quiet by the way he always looks toward the ground when he speaks....That's just the way he is and I don't mind that at all.

Kubiak is holding himself accountable for a mess he didn't create...The fact that he hasn't driven himself off a cliff is enough for me...Besides, stone faced is good in my opinion.

Hulk75
10-18-2006, 09:17 AM

Please watch him more often.:yawn:

ArlingtonTexan
10-23-2006, 05:33 PM
I could not resist the urge to pull this back-up. Obviously, it is only one week later, but the coach with all the fire motivated his team to a rear kicking to a previously winless team and one step closer to his own joblessness.

The boring guy coached his team to the easily its best, most complete game in two years and one of the better wins in the Texans relatively short history.

Sportsfan
10-23-2006, 05:40 PM
I guess you didn't catch Texans: Inside the Game last night on channel 13.
They showed pretty much his whole locker room speech after the game and he was fired up I tell ya. He does seem a little reserved but we don't see him on the field and in the locker room a lot. Either way it doesn't bother me. I say if you can do a better job, then get after it buddy.

chuckm
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
They showed pretty much his whole locker room speech after the game and he was fired up I tell ya. He does seem a little reserved but we don't see him on the field and in the locker room a lot. Either way it doesn't bother me. I say if you can do a better job, then get after it buddy.

well stated but wasted ........ not what he wanted to hear ....

TexansFanatic
10-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Super Bowl winning coaches whose emotions are not worn on sleeve:

Chuck Noll -- 4 Super Bowl wins
Bill Belichick -- 3 Super Bowl wins
Joe Gibbs -- 3 Super Bowl wins
Bill Walsh -- 3 Super Bowl wins
George Seifert -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Tom Flores -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Tom Landry -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Mike Shanahan -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Don Shula -- 2 Super Bowl wins (and still the only coach to go undefeated one complete season)

chuckm
10-23-2006, 05:47 PM

Don Shula -- 2 Super Bowl wins (and still the only coach to go undefeated one complete season)

you're ruining this thread .....

TexansFanatic
10-23-2006, 05:52 PM
you're ruining this thread .....:highfive:

cuppacoffee
10-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Yeah..Greens methods have Oakland playoff bound for sure..:rolleyes:

Pay attention DreDa..heads have been rolling since before training camp..:shades:

Todays roster bears little resemblance to the one we finished up with last season .

It isn't necessary to make a spectacle of yourself or the players you choose to release to be successful.

JMHO though

:coffee:

cuppacoffee
10-23-2006, 06:10 PM

you're ruining this thread .....

ruins all the fun. :D

:coffee:

Double Barrel
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM

Besides multiple Superbowl titles, what else do these coaches have in common?

No press conference meltdowns as Sportscenter highlights. (good list, btw)

Kubiak treats players with respect, and he expects the same in return. These players are professionals, and if they need 'Rudy speeches' to motivate themselves, then they need to find another profession.

Fans, on the other hand, have been conditioned by two decades of Sportscenter, so their ADD-motivated desire to win immediately and addiction to controversies seems to cloud their judgement. Good thing fans don't make football decisions.

ArlingtonTexan
10-23-2006, 06:52 PM

No, I don't watch any Houston local programming (see name), but you really made my point well. Just because we don't see a guy getting player faces, yelling, and acting a jerk before the media, does not mean he is not emotional. That said, as others have shown, how much does that outward show emotion really have to do with a coach's passion or ability as a leader of men?

Lucky
10-23-2006, 06:58 PM

How can you put Mr. Excitement on this list?

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/040201super/040201gall_belichick.jpg

"This Super Bowl celebration is encroaching upon my film study."

dtran04
10-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Denny Green shows alot of emotion........

Jawja Texan
10-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Well, Kubes obviously took my advice and got fired up.

All these "motivating" coaches you say that I want Kubes to be like are just loud-mouthed, clueless, out-of-touch bags of hot air.

I didn't want Kubes to be an *********.

I just wanted him to smile, breathe, get fired up, and get our team fired up.

He was successful.

Good job Texans!

run-david-run
10-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Dont forget Kubes couldnt watch the Dolphins 2-pt conversion...i think thats plenty of emotion right there

RTP2110
10-23-2006, 10:34 PM
There's no 1 right way to do anything. Bad thread.

TexansLucky13
10-23-2006, 11:12 PM
How can you put Mr. Excitement on this list?

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/040201super/040201gall_belichick.jpg

"This Super Bowl celebration is encroaching upon my film study."

Kubiak reminds me a lot of that gentleman up there. I love both of them. They know how to run a team and they won't take any ****.

Kubiak and Belichick are my first choice for a head coach type. My second place would have to be.....

http://media.scout.com/Media/NHL/61569_BillCowher-.JPG

Or....

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Jan-23-Thu-2003/photos/gruden.jpg

:thumbup

Corrosion
10-24-2006, 06:05 AM
Kubiak is more of a teacher that anything else . One of the first things he has to teach this team is to keep its composure at all times . If your coach isnt composed how the hell does he expect his team to remain so in a tough situation ?

A prime example of that was shown during this past Sunday's game after the Texans go 3 and out the Jag's go down and score a TD , The Texans go three and out again . Instead of getting deflated the D keeps their heads and forces a turn over leading to the Texans FIRST points off of a turn over all season ..... The guy making the big play is possibly the most emotional player on the team in Peek .... He made a smart play in stripping the ball from Taylor .:shades:

No turnovers and only 3 penalties for 17 yards says a lot about how this team was coached Sunday .

bigbrewster2000
10-24-2006, 07:09 AM
Well, Kubes obviously took my advice and got fired up.

All these "motivating" coaches you say that I want Kubes to be like are just loud-mouthed, clueless, out-of-touch bags of hot air.

I didn't want Kubes to be an *********.

I just wanted him to smile, breathe, get fired up, and get our team fired up.

He was successful.

Good job Texans!

What makes you think he wasn't doing that all along. Sorry, your judgement is flawed.

touttail
10-24-2006, 08:25 AM

Amen to the above mention. Can't get more realistic than that.

Look at Gruden & Tampa Bay. Lots of good ranting and raving does.

BTW-Chronicle article stated that Kubes got emotional in the 3rd quarter of the Jax's game.

Bobby 119C:shades:

TK_Gamer
10-24-2006, 08:39 AM
He's just not that kind of coach. Besides, Richard Smith screams at the defense and they are 32nd in the NFL right now. Perhaps he just needs to scream a bit louder?

the only reason the texans are so far down the list is 3 atrocious games with incredible yardage allowed, we are not that bad. the last 2 games prove that I would think.

Jawja Texan
10-24-2006, 10:02 AM

Wow, you are just flat-out wrong about this one.

Sorry

Corrosion
10-24-2006, 10:56 AM

Wow, you are just flat-out wrong about this one.

Sorry

I think he's absolutely correct , there is more than one way to skin a cat

Texans Horror
10-24-2006, 11:20 AM
I love these completely subjective debates. I don't care how Coach K gets the job done, as long as he does it well and doesn't embarass the team or our city. If that is yelling at players or pleading with them or not showing an iota of emotion, it is fine with me. I remember Landry who would stand on the sidelines in his hat looking like a statue, so I don't care how much comes from the coaches mouth, just so long as it is the right things.

bah007
10-24-2006, 11:21 AM
I dont care what he's doing. The players believe in it and it seems to be working