PDA

View Full Version : MNF Bears vs Cards

Vinny
10-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Two good young QB's play tonight. Ought to be fun. I'm a little shocked Grossman is playing well and I didn't think much of Leinart (I thought he was overrated due to his strong supporting cast last year)...but I gotta hand it to them...they are both looking good so far this year.

mexican_texan
10-16-2006, 08:27 PM
What were your thoughts on Larry Fitzgerald before he was drafted? :)

nunusguy
10-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Like Reggie Bush, the only time I ever saw Leinert play was in the Rose Bowl
earlier this year against the 'Horns, so I'm looking forward to seeing him.
Up to now, to me Leinert is the guy who exercised the most ill advised business decision by a college player in recent years by not coming out as
a junior, thereby costing himself millions and millions of dollars. Lets hope for the sake of the Cards, his judgement on the field is better.

mexican_texan
10-16-2006, 08:44 PM
How did I not think of it...Adrian Peterson at the trade deadline. He's a good RB, but he's third in the depth chart.

mexican_texan
10-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Someone get Paris Hilton out there...

nunusguy
10-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Cards made it look easy, and Kornheiser has already got Leinert in the HOF.
Leinert did look good, cool and crisp.
Where's the Monsters of the Midway tonight ?

OzzO
10-16-2006, 09:08 PM
stadium wise - not feeling it. An open hole at the top (but it's a dry heat) the fans seem pushed way back from the field and what the heck is a restaurant (with empty tables) doing at the end zone... um.. RED zone where they flash red lights when scored.

game wise - nice drive by the cards for the 1st score. I was thinking this would be a blowout by the Bears, but now not so sure. Maybe the Texan coaches are watching this to see how to beat a good defense (so far).

nunusguy
10-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Devin Hester, Bears rookie, had a longer punt return for a TD (84 yards), than
Reggie Bush and didn't even rate a mention from main Bush pumper Kornheiser. Do these ESPN guys have an agenda or what ?

OzzO
10-16-2006, 09:16 PM
It was only a matter of time with Grossman's deep ball. The previous 2 were close to being picked off. The 3rd one they got it.

disaacks3
10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Where the "coming-of-age" thread for Lineart? :tease:

Cards look ready to play an exceptionally FLAT Bears team thus far. Makes you wonder if all the whispers about the Bears being in a weak division have some merit.

disaacks3
10-16-2006, 09:27 PM
I wonder if they'll add that last hit to the "jacked up" segment? owww:crying:

axman40
10-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Where the "coming-of-age" thread for Lineart? :tease:

Cards look ready to play an exceptionally FLAT Bears team thus far. Makes you wonder if all the whispers about the Bears being in a weak division have some merit.
I thought Lineart came of age last year at USC!
:stirpot:

Carr Bombed
10-16-2006, 09:39 PM
The media needs to get off of us for passing up bush (opps) and start jumping on Detroit and Oakland. Lienart looks like a stud. I said it to many Young fans that dogged him, because USC lost the title game, if you look at the #s he put up against a way better defense, his #s were very impressive. I'm stationed in Michigan right now and everytime Lion fans see this guy play, they literally throw up. The only reason why I think the Lions passed on Matt is because all the heat they took for picking WR, WR, WR, RB #1...... Millen must have felt like he had to go defense this year, even when the obvious choice was slapping him in the face. hindsight is 20/20.. whatever, I went to draft parties this year and there wasn't 1 lion fan that didn't want this guy when he was available. Matt. M. is horrible

Now on to the Raiders, the fact that this guy came from cali, and they obviously needed a QB boggles my mind why they passed on him, they raiders will suck until Al Davis is gone, I'll leave it at that.

The media needs to get off our back, the two teams that passed on Matt were much..MUCH more braindead than they make us out to be.

Scooter
10-16-2006, 09:40 PM
deja vu. it looks like the bears looking past miami on monday night so far.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2006, 09:44 PM
oh snap I forgot I need to change my avator, it was a texas massacre, just not the way I wanted.:crying:

Kaiser Toro
10-16-2006, 09:45 PM
deja vu. it looks like the bears looking past miami on monday night so far.

I was talking about that MNF game against Marino with Fil (Father in law) tonight. Lot of electricity about that game that evening 21 years ago.

thunderkyss
10-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Leinart is starting to make a few teams regret on passing him about now...*cough* Lions....ihategeeks, *cough* lol and all that.

Detroit is a blackhole for QBs..... they all go in with potential & talent, but come out as has beens that never was.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Side note....again why playing in a pro style offense was so important and very helpful in the transition from college ball to pro ball for Matt, this guy was ready for the big league two years ago.

Also I'm not really seeing the lack of arm strength tonight.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Detroit is a blackhole for QBs..... they all go in with potential & talent, but come out as has beens that never was.

They same thing could be said for Cardinal QBs.........until now.......

Yankee_In_TX
10-16-2006, 09:53 PM
In various fantasy places, I have:

Edge
Bears Def
Larry Fitzgerald (yes, I benched him)

WHo woulda' though going into the half I'd be doing sooo bad with all three of those in this game.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Jim Hart wasn't bad...but that was like in another century.

Bobby layne wasn't bad, but that was another century

nunusguy
10-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Jim Hart wasn't bad...but that was like in another century.
Cardiac Cards

Yankee_In_TX
10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Did someone swap uniforms or perhaps the teams dressed in the wrong dressing rooms?

WHAT'S GOING ON!?!?!?!??!!? :pigfly:

Carr Bombed
10-16-2006, 10:02 PM
this is one of the biggest upsets in the last 5 years. (maybe more) The Bears are getting punched in the mouth, we are seeing the start of something special. With the Cards, Bengals, and now Saints, going on to being winning franchises or on their way, we are now the new Cards, Bengals, and Saints combined, it hurts to say it, but its true.

disaacks3
10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
I think the Cards Defense stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Yankee_In_TX
10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
this is one of the biggest upsets in the last 5 years. (maybe more) The Bears are getting punched in the mouth, we are seeing the start of something special. With the Cards, Bengals, and now Saints, going on to being winning franchises or on their way, we are now the new Cards, Bengals, and Saints, it hurts to say it, but its true.

Umm, have you watched Cinci the last few weeks?

The Saints appear to be for real, though!

Yankee_In_TX
10-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I think the Cards Defense stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Is that where Dallas stayed Saturday night?

Carr Bombed
10-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Umm, have you watched Cinci the last few weeks?

The Saints appear to be for real, though!

No but I have watched them the passed two years and they are 5x the team we are, just off to a slow start. The Bengals will bounce back.

Carr Bombed
10-16-2006, 10:11 PM
I am happy for the Kid who appears to be terminally ill who Matt has kept in touch with, he said he wanted to see Matt play a monday nighter and get his first win...and it looks like he will, good story and good for him. I didn't like Matt, because I am a Texas fan, but this is the pros and that was a good story and showed good character on his part for being there for that kid....good for him.

Yankee_In_TX
10-16-2006, 10:26 PM
HA! I just added Leinart. I have McNabb, but maybe someone will make a good trade for Leinart!

mexican_texan
10-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Great footwork by Leinart

Yankee_In_TX
10-16-2006, 11:53 PM
I swear MNF is rigged, lol. Go Bears!

Mike Kerns
10-17-2006, 12:03 AM
I said I thought that Leinart was going to be the best QB in that draft and I'm sticking to it! He showed a lot of poise out there tonight. Just too bad the field goal kicker choked...

Carr Bombed
10-17-2006, 12:03 AM
regardless of the outcome of this game, lienart is the best QB out of the draft

TexanSam
10-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Wow....and I thought the Rams game last season was bad. Even the Texans would manage to hold on to a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter!

Mike Kerns
10-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Sad, a Texans fan saying that he feels sorry for the Arizona fans. Leinart is going to be a super stud. He'll turn them around. Good game.

TexanSam
10-17-2006, 12:07 AM
too early to grade that one. Best rookie QB right now perhaps.

Correct. Jay Cutler is going to sit for a year so we don't know what he can do. And what about Bruce Gradkowski from Toledo. He wasn't drafted until the 6th round I believe and he may be doing better than Leinart.

Mike Kerns
10-17-2006, 12:07 AM
regardless of the outcome of this game, lienart is the best QB out of the draft

Careful not to say that too loud around here (KIDDING!) . . .

Scooter
10-17-2006, 12:08 AM
wow. a 20-3 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter, 6 turnovers and an under 40 yarder to win the game. how does a professional football team screw that up??

Carr Bombed
10-17-2006, 12:10 AM

this game was a prime example while the QB takes too much blame and too much credit. Lienart is playing like a 3 year pro, he did what vets couldn't do against the bears. He is the best rookie QB, the USC scheme has benefited him very well. (He's making all the right reads and looking defenders off, shows great poise) The Cardinals are going to be very scary next year.

TexanSam
10-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Matt Leinart > Vince Young.

Before, now, and forever.

:francis:

:hides:

Marcus
10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
The Cardinals could have turned a corner tonight. Hats off to the Bears for coming back they way they did. I believe they're gonna take the whole 9.

But the Cards . . to choke in that fashion . . . reminds me of . . aw, I'm not going there.

TexanSam
10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
this game was a prime example while the QB takes too much blame and too much credit. Lienart is playing like a 3 year pro, he did what vets couldn't do against the bears. He is the best rookie QB, the USC scheme has benefited him very well. (He's making all the right reads and looking defenders off, shows great poise) The Cardinals are going to be very scary next year.

The thing is, next year is always the Cardinals year. Last year they were supposed to be good. Then this year they were supposed to be good with Edgerrin James. Now next year. They're like the Cubs.

what does VY have to do with this? The hate continues.

He doesn't have anything to do with it. I just like hating on UT. Never liked them.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't see that....I don't think anyone will blame him for the loss so I don't see your too much blame too much credit thing here. With Warner in there the Bears probably have a bigger win with more turnovers.

The too much credit thing, comes for the fact that no one will really mention Rex's name like they should and if Matt starts too struggle they will begin too show his winning record. The fact that the bears won today proves that you have to have a great defense, which is the reason why I think Leftwhich is one of the most overrated QBs in the league, hes good, but not as great as people make him out to be. Big Ben is good, but not as great as people make him out to be. Leinart looks like a stud, which way you cut it, he's the real deal, but plays on a team that doesn't support him, he's better than Phillip Rivers.

Mike Kerns
10-17-2006, 12:20 AM
what does VY have to do with this? The hate continues.

Not hate. I'm a UT fan. I like Vince. Just think Leinart will be much better in the pros. I think a lot of teams are going to regret passing on him.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2006, 12:27 AM
The thing is, next year is always the Cardinals year. Last year they were supposed to be good. Then this year they were supposed to be good with Edgerrin James. Now next year. They're like the Cubs.

and the Tigers are well....like the Tigers

don't be so blind, nobody can deny what they saw tonight. Matt going against the defense he did, handled them. Anybody that can't see the qualities in this kid is blind, I'm a UT fan and I'm giving this kid his props, he's going to be a player. He's not soft, he took a hellava hit in the title game shook it off and came back to play a perfect half, he wouldn't admit defeat (which made me mad at the time, but shows that he doesn't believe he can lose and doesn't quit), the guy is already a leader and is going to be a winner. pull up this thread next year and show me I'm wrong.

P.S. thank god the Titans didn't draft him.....imagine him in the offense he played in for 4 years

TexanSam
10-17-2006, 12:37 AM

don't be so blind, nobody can deny what they saw tonight. Matt going against the defense he did, handled them. Anybody that can't see the qualities in this kid is blind, I'm a UT fan and I'm giving this kid his props, he's going to be a player. He's not soft, he took a hellava hit in the title game shook it off and came back to play a perfect half, he wouldn't admit defeat (which made me mad at the time, but shows that he doesn't believe he can lose and doesn't quit), the guy is already a leader and is going to be a winner. pull up this thread next year and show me I'm wrong.

Matt Leinart is talented don't get me wrong, but the Cardinals have managed to screw up in the past so many times. If they don't improve the line, they aren't going to get better. I'm not sure how good their defense is so I can't speak to that. Matt Leinart isn't going to lead this team to victory singlehandedly. And as good as Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are, along with Edgerrin James there's no way they're going to be able to keep them all there for long without sacrificing money at some other position. I've never been sold on the Cardinals because they've been bad for so long. Same with the Bengals. I was never sold on the Bengals because they were terrible for so long. That doesn't mean I can't change my opinion, but right now, after one game, I'm not ready to say the Cardinals are going to be a good team next year.

Carr Bombed
10-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Matt Leinart is talented don't get me wrong, but the Cardinals have managed to screw up in the past so many times. If they don't improve the line, they aren't going to get better. I'm not sure how good their defense is so I can't speak to that. Matt Leinart isn't going to lead this team to victory singlehandedly. And as good as Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are, along with Edgerrin James there's no way they're going to be able to keep them all there for long without sacrificing money at some other position. I've never been sold on the Cardinals because they've been bad for so long. Same with the Bengals. I was never sold on the Bengals because they were terrible for so long. That doesn't mean I can't change my opinion, but right now, after one game, I'm not ready to say the Cardinals are going to be a good team next year.

The Bengels were one torn knee from the Superbowl last year, teams screw up picks all the time, but with new direction and new era's turn things around all the time. The Cardinals had one of the best defenses last year and are underrated on defense, they have the talent, just lack discipline. the Oline isn't quite there, but they don't have many holes. Boldin and Fitzgerald are under contract for long term and seeing how Leinart performed without Fitzgerald shows what he would probably done with Fitzgerald. I love Green's energy, thats something our team is lacking. The Cardinals will also likely have a good draft position next year. The Cardinals are turning the corner.

Bongo59
10-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Gil Brandt just said that the official scorer credited Urlacher with 15 solo tackles in the 4th Q alone and set an NFL record......................he had 22 tackles in tonights game...................that is my definition of the elite MLB................on a big stage with his back against the wall...............over comes his own O and that of the Cards....................I just cant believe how good he was tonight.

TexanSam
10-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Gil Brandt just said that the official scorer credited Urlacher with 15 solo tackles in the 4th Q alone and set an NFL record......................he had 22 tackles in tonights game...................that is my definition of the elite MLB................on a big stage with his back against the wall...............over comes his own O and that of the Cards....................I just cant believe how good he was tonight.

My goodness...that cemented his Defensive Player of the Year tropy already. What the heck is the record for most tackles in a game? Geez, Demeco Ryans is having a good rookie year with about 30 tackles. Urlacher almost reaches that in one game. WOW!

EDIT: On ESPN it says Urlacher has 19 tackles and Lance Briggs, another LB with 15. I know the game just ended so the box score will probably be different tomorrow, but two guys with over 10 tackles in one game is amazing.

kastofsna
10-17-2006, 08:43 AM
My goodness...that cemented his Defensive Player of the Year tropy already. What the heck is the record for most tackles in a game? Geez, Demeco Ryans is having a good rookie year with about 30 tackles. Urlacher almost reaches that in one game. WOW!

EDIT: On ESPN it says Urlacher has 19 tackles and Lance Briggs, another LB with 15. I know the game just ended so the box score will probably be different tomorrow, but two guys with over 10 tackles in one game is amazing.
i think mike singletary had 25 in a game back in the day.

and the numbers of urlacher and briggs speaks volumes about the bears d-line vs. the cards' o-line. plus the awful conservative playcalling.

Mr teX
10-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Man, whoever had Rex grossman starting for their fantasy team last night took a big hit, that was just something terrible. I ended up turning the game off after he threw his 3rd pick.

Outside of that, teams are already kicking themselves for not taking Lienart, that kid is just good, no other way around it. A couple more O-linemen & they are turning the corner.

thunderkyss
10-17-2006, 09:44 AM

It's pointless as well. Who's the best QB in the league right now??

We can find at least 5 guys that we can argue on for days, and not have a real #1. It depends on what you like. Somefolks like PeytonManning..... Somefolks like McNabb... but it's really difficult to say who is better.... once you get to the level of Carson Palmer, MattHasselback, etc... they're all good, it's just a matter of preference on who you think is the best.

But Lienart is impressive. There were at least 2 plays I saw someone come in untouched, and he managed to pick it up, and get rid of the ball. That's amazing. One even came from his blind side.

kastofsna
10-17-2006, 09:48 AM
We can find at least 5 guys that we can argue on for days, and not have a real #1. It depends on what you like. Somefolks like PeytonManning..... Somefolks like McNabb... but it's really difficult to say who is better.... once you get to the level of Carson Palmer, MattHasselback, etc... they're all good, it's just a matter of preference on who you think is the best.
funny how you forgot to mention the clear #1 brady.

thunderkyss
10-17-2006, 09:57 AM
The too much credit thing, comes for the fact that no one will really mention Rex's name like they should and if Matt starts too struggle they will begin too show his winning record. The fact that the bears won today proves that you have to have a great defense, which is the reason why I think Leftwhich is one of the most overrated QBs in the league, hes good, but not as great as people make him out to be. Big Ben is good, but not as great as people make him out to be. Leinart looks like a stud, which way you cut it, he's the real deal, but plays on a team that doesn't support him, he's better than Phillip Rivers.

1st, people have been talking about Grossman since the Bears opener. Before then, he gave no one any reason to talk about him. & the Bears scored one field goal on offense, & it took 3 qtrs to get it. MattLienart was the QB that shined tonight.

Leftwhich may be overrated, but we've been saying that for what 3 years now?? His stats don't look like Peytons, or even Carr's (I don't know, never looked) but the kid wins games, and you can't see that looking at a stat sheet.

don't be so blind, nobody can deny what they saw tonight. Matt going against the defense he did, handled them.

I think what Texan Sam is saying, is that people said the same thing about the Cardinals last year. Warner, Fitzgerald, & Boldin were tearing it up last year, and were only missing a competent run game. When they signed the Edge in the offseason, every one thought they were a lock to go to the playoffs, even though they were in the same division with Seattle & StLouis.

Everybody agreed Lienart was in the best situation going to Arizona. A talented team, with an aging QB.

Grossman played like crap, the bears played like crap. not taking anything away from Lienart, he was great... & not taking anything away from the Cardinals, they played with a lot of intensity, and heart...... but the Bears were caught napping, and looking at next weeks game.

thunderkyss
10-17-2006, 10:04 AM
funny how you forgot to mention the clear #1 brady.

how ironic you reply with this to a post stating there is no clear #1.

kastofsna
10-17-2006, 10:59 AM
how ironic you reply with this to a post stating there is no clear #1.
well because your post is wrong. brady is #1. end of story.

jerek
10-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Two good young QB's play tonight. Ought to be fun. I'm a little shocked Grossman is playing well and I didn't think much of Leinart (I thought he was overrated due to his strong supporting cast last year)...but I gotta hand it to them...they are both looking good so far this year.

I always liked Leinart for a Tom Brady esque role in the NFL. Smart game manager, otherwise totally unremarkable.

I too am a little surprised to see Grossman playing this well at this point in the season.

My Bears DST is pretty much my only fantasy league pick that is playing up to any kind of expectation.

hollywood_texan
10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
That was the best Monday Night Game of all time in my book.

Who needs a stupid quarterback in the NFL?

I am a defense guy and that was just awesome! I am going to be rooting for this Bears defense all year now. I finally now have something to watch because the Texans stink!

The Bears defense and special teams did what the Texans can't do in one game, which is score more than 17 points. Not to mention, they held field goals several times to keep the game within reach so they could win it, meaning the defense could win it.

And Dennis Green's tirad after the game. That was awesome too! I think it is great when someone shows passion and speaks from the heart in this age of political correctness nonsense. My hat is off the Dennis Green speaking his mind and laying the Cards out there.

The Cards are a good team, and even though the Cards let the Bears off the hook, Green is not going to let the players off the hook. I think this Cardinal team will respond for the rest of the season.

Runner
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Denny melts down hard....hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKIcnj1MJY

It appears he wanted and expected to win. Such grand expectations. No wonder he's bummed.

WiiBrawler
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
It appears he wanted and expected to win. Such grand expectations. No wonder he's bummed.

Yeah When You Lead By 13 with five minutes to go, and you blow it, you have the right to go off like that

nunusguy
10-18-2006, 02:04 PM
I was never a fan or critic of Denny Green. I was indifferent about him until
viewing his outburst post MNF game. Now I'm a huge fan !
Forget all that crap about the HC, the leader of the team, should remain calm, cool, and collected and above it all. He's expressing the same frustration and anger his players are probably feeling over losing a game they should have won.

mexican_texan
10-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah When You Lead By 13 with five minutes to go, and you blow it, you have the right to go off like that
Or not walk off at all.

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_188917.jpg