PDA

View Full Version : We are the Cincinnati Bungles of the 90's

TexansFight
10-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Either them or the Cardinals. We have blown several drafts with high draft position and we are worse than ever. We are in such a hole that I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are worse than in our first season which is remarkable. Charley Casserly should be ashamed at the job he did. You couldn't run a team more in the ground on purpose than what that SOB has done.

The sad thing is that we keep making stupid personnel decisions and we can't even say we are on the right track.

Finally, when was the last time you really enjoyed yourself at a Texans game. For me, it has been over 2 years now.

buckaroo_banzai
10-16-2006, 06:01 PM
i'm scared that we're the next bucs or saints, where we don't have a winning season for decades:hides:

real
10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Forget those other guys....It's bad enough being ourselves....

dat_boy_yec
10-16-2006, 06:04 PM
We can be a decent team. They showed in yesterday's first half that we have some positives, but the coaches need to make it work.

texflex513
10-16-2006, 06:08 PM
I remember a time here in cinci when you wore a bengals jersey people actually laughed at you lol! No way the texans are that bad i think we will turn it around in the next 2 seasons.

Doug
10-16-2006, 06:10 PM
We can be a decent team. They showed in yesterday's first half that we have some positives, but the coaches need to make it work.

Yea, but it goes back to the same problem we've had for a long time now and that is putting two good halves together.

Texan1
10-16-2006, 07:45 PM

We are a looong way from having the base talent of a decent NFL team. A unfortunate long painful distance....

TexanSam
10-16-2006, 08:00 PM
We are a looong way from having the base talent of a decent NFL team. A unfortunate long painful distance....

Two years ago we were 7-9 which is a decent NFL team. Next year, we should be a decent team...I hope.

HJam72
10-16-2006, 08:04 PM
We need a GOOD DB (or another one, depending on how you look at it), and GOOD MLB (which we now have), and a GOOD RB. I'm talking about Aaron Glenn, Jamie Sharper, and DD. That's what we had when we were 7-9 and don't have anymore. If we actually want to have a winning season, we need to start run blocking and pass blocking IN THE SAME YEAR. Those are the simple answers, from a step back and KISS standpoint.

A good FS would sure help too.