PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...

TexanFanInCC
10-16-2006, 03:33 PM
the drive time players are mentioning that a trade with washington for ledell betts or tennessee for chris brown could be in the works. 2nd round draft pick is being tossed around as our bait. im not sure if this is actually true, but the trade deadline is tomorrow in the NFL.

Vinny
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
oh geez...if we trade another 2nd rounder I'm gonna have a moment.

Errant Hothy
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
oh geez...if we trade another 2nd rounder I'm gonna have a moment.

I'm not advocating either trade but what in our past has shown we even know what to do with 2nd picks (besides Ryan)?

Vinny
10-16-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm not advocating either trade but what in our past has shown we even know what to do with 2nd picks (besides Ryan)?
so, because we didn't draft well in the past we should find a nice back up rb to insure we don't screw it up some more in the future? nice logic there.

texflex513
10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Oh man a 2nd round pick thats gonna hurt i dont think its worth it...besides we need that pick next season to get the DB equivalent of Ryans. We have lundy, gado, dayne, taylor and possibly domanick coming back next season. No way we trade for another teams back up!

Double Barrel
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Man, we'd better not give away a 2nd round pick, especially considering how high in the draft it will probably be!!

Errant Hothy
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
so, because we didn't draft well in the past we should find a nice back up rb to insure we don't screw it up some more? nice logic there.

As I said, I'm not for either trade neither guy is worth a 2nd round pick; but then again this team has given me very little to think that a 2nd round pick is vaulable to them.

So if we get a cast off for the second rounder or we get a bust isn't the net result the same. It was you who said the scouts we have now are the same ones we've always had. Now Matt Schaub for the second rounder I'd be all over.

Vinny
10-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Oh man a 2nd round pick thats gonna hurt i dont think its worth it. We could have had a few pro bowl caliber STARTERS for a second round pick last year but this year we may trade a 2 for some back ups? I hope we don't do this....and hope we aren't considering it. Nobody wanted to give a 2 for Edge or Shaun Alexander last year.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 03:48 PM
A 2nd? For back-ups at best? No way...

I wouldn't even give a 5th rounder for those...

texflex513
10-16-2006, 03:48 PM
If this is true...have our coaches lost confidence in our backs? I pretty much thought it was the Oline having problems.

real
10-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I pretty much thought it was the Oline having problems.

You thought wrong....

Buckle
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
I would give up a 2nd rounder to the Bills for Nate Clements if they are really worried that he will leave in FA next year and have them not get any compensation for him. Would add a vetern to the secondary and also provide Dunta with a playmaker on the opposite side of the field.

texflex513
10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
You thought wrong.... Well break it down for me tell me whats the real problem with our run game i will assume you know.....ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE.

Keldar
10-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Two part problem, at least.

The weak o-line is the first problem. The back who can't compensate for their inadequacies is the second problem.

Now, if a trade were to occur for a back who hits the hole faster, the knuckle-heads on the line will look better. Probably good enough to fool people, once again, that they aren't the number one problem the Texans have as an offense.

Rightnow
10-16-2006, 04:01 PM
We'd better not give up a pick between 1-3rd rounds. We HAVE to build out of the draft for the next two years. There are very few veteran RB in the entire league worth a 2nd round pick. I don't think any of them are worth a first round.

If it was up to me I would be scrambling to get more picks. Unfortunately we don't have much to offer anyone...

Bubbajwp
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM

Our new staff has done pretty dang good in the second round IMO.

Kaiser Toro
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Pick up Wand, measure your current players and have your scouting department tee us up for the draft and FA. Taking another skill position player does what for a 1-4 team that is showing us no incremental improvement over the last four years?

Spending and return on investment has been a lopsided proposition for the Texans. Step in Mr. McNair and mandate that they have 53 players and a practice squad to coach and develop.

Marcus
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Our new staff has done pretty dang good in the second round IMO.
Forget about knee-jerk middle of the season trades. This current staff drafted very well this summer. What makes some of you think they couldn't do it again?

I'm with Vinny on this one. They trade a 2nd rounder for anyone, I'm going to throw something.

real
10-16-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't think wither of those backs are worth a second....Id rather stick with what we have and take a back out of college with a second rounder....