PDA

View Full Version : The Line is a Mess!

TPIMP
10-16-2006, 12:52 PM
I rewatched the game 3 times (thank you Tivo). I'm not sure what the hell the line is doing and I think they are just as confused. What they are trying to do now is much different than what they did in the preseason. It's not your traditional Denver zone blocking. I found no cut blocking on the backside. Very few zone strech runs at all. Most of the run plays appear to be simple man on man power running plays but with no full back. Dallas has a big physical front 7 and they whipped our OL and TE's at the point of attack. They almost never needed safty help to stop the run. I'm guessing this blocking style is Sherman's.

MightyTExan
10-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Totally agree. Would it hurt to try a screen pass every now and then? Do we have any trick plays?

Texans86
10-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Does this line show any resemblance to the line when we first installed the ZBS? (I can't remember if it was year 1 or 2). If so, then I will not be that worried, because they are basically learning a new scheme. Once they get it down, it might be like when Davis exploded onto the scene, and no one understands how it happened, but are just happy that things came together.

profan
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Totally agree. Would it hurt to try a screen pass every now and then? Do we have any trick plays?

We did and it got blown up.

Texas
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
They can pass protect alrigth now...the run protection sucks tho...or is it the rb's

texflex513
10-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I rewatched the game 3 times (thank you Tivo). I'm not sure what the hell the line is doing and I think they are just as confused. What they are trying to do now is much different than what they did in the preseason. It's not your traditional Denver zone blocking. I found no cut blocking on the backside. Very few zone strech runs at all. Most of the run plays appear to be simple man on man power running plays but with no full back. Dallas has a big physical front 7 and they whipped our OL and TE's at the point of attack. They almost never needed safty help to stop the run. I'm guessing this blocking style is Sherman's. I didnt get to see the game i listened to it. Was there a fullback in any of our sets all i kept hearing was single back all game long?

edo783
10-16-2006, 03:40 PM
If you have the pre-season games saved and the regular seasons, play them and tell what you see different about the line play. I think you will see quit a difference.

DreDaMan05
10-16-2006, 03:53 PM
with the big backs we got they need to spread the field and run to the opposite side of the blitz.

TPIMP
10-16-2006, 09:45 PM
They can pass protect alrigth now...the run protection sucks tho...or is it the rb's

They can't pass protect. The only reason they had no sacks this game is because Dallas didn't blitz. They only rushed 3 or 4 on most plays.

TPIMP
10-16-2006, 09:50 PM
I didnt get to see the game i listened to it. Was there a fullback in any of our sets all i kept hearing was single back all game long?

FB only played a handfull of plays and was ineffective. They are not happy with Cook. They tried Joppru but he is not a FB. They added a FB last week but he was not active.

ATXFan
10-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Ouch, TPimp! I cant believe you rewatched that game 3 times. I couldnt even watch the entire game once. :brickwall

You know, after watching the MNF game last night I started wondering. Why is Carr not in shotgun? John McClain was mentioned in one of his audio cast that the team should go ahead and go with the Oiler Run and Shoot. Why not? Obviously the strong point at all on this team is our recievers and Carr does have a gun. He just needs to quit throwing to Andre in triple coverage.
Hell, someone mentioned a screen pass. I would love to see that. I would love to see a pass thrown past 5 yards at this point.

Matt Leinart looked solid. Even though, his O Line is as horrid as ours. (Well, maybe not that bad). The coaches have thrown him in shotgun to buy him some additonal time and let him throw the rock.

I dont know. I just got more depressed watching a rookie QB make the NFL's #1 defense look anything but. Leinart is going to be killing teams in the future.

Runner
10-17-2006, 10:50 AM
FB only played a handfull of plays and was ineffective. They are not happy with Cook. They tried Joppru but he is not a FB. They added a FB last week but he was not active.

I don't think replacing our FB with the best FB in the league would help our offense all that much. Carrying two on the roster seems to be a bit much, given our problems throughout the team.

I expect one of them to be gone before too long.