PDA

View Full Version : Who do you miss most?

Chrispy
10-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Which former Texan do you miss most right now?

Rightnow
10-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Steve Foley and Aaron Glen in their primes.

Lucky
10-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Matt Stevens. If only Matt were here, I could blame it all on him.

WiiBrawler
10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Aaron Glenn and Jamie Sharper, removing them is what put us in this messed up situation, atleast thats what I think

Hulk75
10-16-2006, 12:16 PM
If he was healthy, no doubt Tony Boseli

Cjeremy635
10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I miss Glenn & Sharper about equally. I can't help but think that having some veteran leadership that could have been here for a few seasons would help this team tremendously at this point. Did that make sense? Having veterans who have been with the team a while would help us out greatly at this point. Better? I think that Robinson having Glenn for a few seasons instead of one would have done wonders for his developement and would help him work on some techniques, and Sharper would give some much needed advice to some of our LB's, muchless he would be an upgrade over Greenwood IMHO. I would like the Sharper/Wong/Ryans combo. We could reak havoc!!:redtowel:

Lucky
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
You guys realize that everyone on this list (except Glenn) is out of the league, right?

Reddevil63
10-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Aaron Glenn and Jamie Sharper, removing them is what put us in this messed up situation, atleast thats what I think
Yep, it has all been downhill since then

Vinny
10-16-2006, 12:26 PM
You guys realize that everyone on this list (except Glenn) is out of the league, right?
lol....strange poll. how do you miss a back up QB or a Tackle that never played a snap for you?

Double Barrel
10-16-2006, 12:29 PM
lol....strange poll. how do you miss a back up QB or a Tackle that never played a snap for you?

lol: Good point!

Charter PSL Fan
10-16-2006, 12:33 PM
All on the list are washed up. We need Robaire Smith right now. Waiving him was a huge mistake.

Heywood
10-16-2006, 01:48 PM
boselli?

boselli?

i realize houstonians often substitute spin for reality, to comprehend the peculiarities of their existence there, but how can you "miss" a guy who wasted so much of the expansion draft opportunity and smoked so much of the salary cap he single-handedly set the texans back 2 years in their development?

i "miss" boselli like i miss that ingrown toenail the doctor was kind enough to remove.

mexican_texan
10-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Which, in a way, is better than what we have now: Carr and Salaam.

LBC_Justin
10-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Aaron Glenn and Jamie Sharper, removing them is what put us in this messed up situation, atleast thats what I thinkThey were both old, expensive and had lost a step, and both went on to other teams for a fraction of the salary we would have had to pay them to keep them and they did diddly squat for those other teams.

But with that said, they did seem to be leaders on the defensive side of the ball. But from what I hear from a NFL player having a "leader" in the locker room is overrated and just a bunch just BS that the media spoon feeds the fans. The coaches are all the leadership you need. At least that is what my one friend who played in the NFL told me (ps he did with a Superbowl ring w/ the Rams).

No one can argue that this team needs something.

LBC_Justin
10-16-2006, 02:06 PM
boselli?

boselli?

i realize houstonians often substitute spin for reality, to comprehend the peculiarities of their existence there, but how can you "miss" a guy who wasted so much of the expansion draft opportunity and smoked so much of the salary cap he single-handedly set the texans back 2 years in their development?

i "miss" boselli like i miss that ingrown toenail the doctor was kind enough to remove.Personally I voted for Boselli. But I was voting more for the postition than the player. I was assuming we were talking about guys in their primes. You could easily argue he was the worst Texans player ever...considering he was a HUGE cap hit, never played a down, and cost the #1 pick in the expansion draft. But if he was the player that he was in Jax, I think he would be the guy we would need more than anyone else on that list.

Given that ALL of are running backs are running HORRIBLY, i am leaning towards the problem being the run blocking. But a good chunk of blame needs to go on our Running Backs shoulders too.

TheOgre
10-16-2006, 02:28 PM
How about "none of the above"?

TexanFanInCC
10-16-2006, 02:31 PM

well foley was an unfortunate situation. marcus coleman was released yesterday. is there a miracle chance that we bring him in for a look at corner?

Heywood
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
well foley was an unfortunate situation. marcus coleman was released yesterday. is there a miracle chance that we bring him in for a look at corner?

that idea is very interesting to me.

TexanFanInCC
10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
i mean in 2003 and 2004 he was very good. our defense has just 1 INT this yr!!! ONE!!! geeeesh

ledzeppelin229
10-16-2006, 02:38 PM
I would say theres a better chance of Dexter McCleon deciding to play well than of us bringing back Coleman and him actually succeeding at CB.

Speedy
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
He's not on the list of choices, but I miss a healthy DD. I guess he was pretty good, huh?

YellerLotYeller
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
With this list to choose from you might as well put Dom Capers on it.

Double Barrel
10-16-2006, 08:13 PM
With this list to choose from you might as well put Dom Capers on it.

No doubt. Dom would have received the most votes with this crowd. ;)

HoustonFan
10-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Sharper, Glenn, & Wells

AustinJB
10-16-2006, 08:46 PM
I voted Glenn, but I would have chosen Marlon McCree if he was on your list....

ATX_Texan
10-16-2006, 09:33 PM
I just miss having hope that the Texans will ever be more a bad joke.

Texan Asylum
10-16-2006, 09:48 PM
The 19-10 team.

Not the actual players, mind you...the attitude and temperment. This was a team of throw togethers that came out and wanted to make a statement to the entire football world...that Houston had a team again, and they were going to PROVE it.

I miss that team.

Yankee_In_TX
10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Where's Jj Moses?!?!

mancunian
10-17-2006, 07:42 AM
They were both old, expensive and had lost a step, and both went on to other teams for a fraction of the salary we would have had to pay them to keep them and they did diddly squat for those other teams.

But with that said, they did seem to be leaders on the defensive side of the ball. But from what I hear from a NFL player having a "leader" in the locker room is overrated and just a bunch just BS that the media spoon feeds the fans. The coaches are all the leadership you need. At least that is what my one friend who played in the NFL told me (ps he did with a Superbowl ring w/ the Rams).

No one can argue that this team needs something.

Sharper signed a huge deal with the Seahawks then picked up the first major injury of his career. LeRoy Hill did so well as his replacement that they realised that they didn't need Sharper any more.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-17-2006, 08:06 AM
I don't miss any of them. None of them would be doing to much to help us right now anyway.

However, it is frustrating to look back at the draft choices Casserley made. If you look at players like Gaffney and Hollings and then look at later picks by other teams you will get that "what if" feeling.

Also, in light of P Buc's release this week, I really wish the Texans could have the 2nd and 3rd round picks they gave up for him back.

HeartofHouston
10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I'd have to say Steve Foley, Aaron Glenn and Jamie Sharper

Texizgreat
10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
As bad as we need a running game right now i picked WELLS.