PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Jags Fan Thread

Fldvldog
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
It's that time of year again, tinhorns. Be prepared for a collasal stomping when the Jags come to town and dominate every aspect of the game. There will be a blowout. :superman:

LOL...and on a serious note...

Good luck on Sunday. You guys always seem to turn into the '72 Dolphins whenever we meet. Don't know what it is. We're coming off a bye week, so hopefully we wont need to shakeoff any rust.

My prediction?

Jags: 30
Texans: 21

Go Jags!

TEXANRED
10-16-2006, 09:52 AM
It's that time of year again, tinhorns. Be prepared for a collasal stomping when the Jags come to town and dominate every aspect of the game. There will be a blowout. :superman:

Good luck on Sunday. You guys always seem to turn into the '72 Dolphins whenever we meet. Don't know what it is. We're coming off a bye week, so hopefully we wont need to shakeoff any rust.

My prediction?

Go Jags!

30-21? wHAT!?

You haven't been watching our games then have you? I say 45-9.

Oh well. GO TEXANS!

jagsfanincanada
10-16-2006, 09:55 AM
I think you guys will do ok, your rushing attack is hurting but Carr seems to be playing well this year, and our D will have to adjust to losing Mike Peterson. On offense we are playing well, 71 points in the last 2 games, and Reggie Williams is finally living up to his potential. Matt Jones and Marcus Stroud should be healthy too.

I'll say 27-17 Jags.

D-Vizzl
10-16-2006, 10:00 AM
There will be a blowout. :superman:
Go Jags!

Yep, we all know how the 'Ville" just blows teams out week after week, boy I don't think I'll even watch the game y'all are so darn dominating.

On a serious note, you are going to have to wait a couple of days to start trolling because, the fans will need a couple more days to deal with the Cow game. Get in line buster and wait your turn. :fireball: :hides: Joking!

Fldvldog
10-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Yep, we all know how the 'Ville" just blows teams out week after week, boy I don't think I'll even watch the game y'all are so darn dominating.

On a serious note, you are going to have to wait a couple of days to start trolling because, the fans will need a couple more days to deal with the Cow game. Get in line buster and wait your turn. :fireball: :hides:

You obviously missed the entire sarcasm of the post. Lighten up. :whip:

texan279
10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Jags - 77
Us- 6

HOU-TEX
10-16-2006, 10:05 AM

On a serious note, you are going to have to wait a couple of days to start trolling because, the fans will need a couple more days to deal with the Cow game. Get in line buster and wait your turn. :fireball: :hides: Joking!

I'm with ya D-Viz! I'm still in mourning. Getting myself mentally ready for a Texans game is getting harder and harder. Give me a couple more days.

Texas_Heat
10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
:superman: Carr is going to go off on your Jags this week, he has turned into a great leader and will bound back from a bad game last week.

Texans 24
Jags 03

and your only going to score 3 because we have Jason Babin,Phillip Buchanon,Travis Johnson,and the great Mario Williams
:bananasplit: :redtowel: :bananasplit:

Vinny
10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
We have some good Jag fans here...good citizens...let's not give the good guys a hard time...just the trolls please.

D-Vizzl
10-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I realize how it sounded once I read it, I revised, please read and respond, no offense playa!

WiiBrawler
10-16-2006, 10:21 AM
:superman: Carr is going to go off on your Jags this week, he has turned into a great leader and will bound back from a bad game last week.

Texans 24
Jags 03

and your only going to score 3 because we have Jason Babin,Phillip Buchanon,Travis Johnson,and the great Mario Williams

No offense, but the Texas Heat Is Getting To You, I see it more like this.

US-14
Them-17
That Seems A bit more realistic, The are a good team, they just don't have that good of an offense, And After What I saw on Sunday, no matter how well Carr does, he will be victimized by Kubiak's Use Of the running game

Nbkan
10-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Hell I am going to call Kubiak...suit up and tell em I will play for free. One mean arse Linebacker looking for a game...go go texans.

TEXANS84
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Yo Fldvldog, ya got us at a bad time. Should be a cakewalk next week for the Jags unless they fall in a "trap" game.

Tough loss on Peterson, I know he was a leader of the lb core back there.

Anyways, Jags get out early and never look back.

Jags 31
Texans 20

HOU-TEX
10-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Yo Fldvldog, ya got us at a bad time. Should be a cakewalk next week for the Jags unless they fall in a "trap" game.

Jags 31
Texans 20

Do we get a majority of those 20 points in "garbage time"? If not, that's being generous.:)

TEXANS84
10-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Do we get a majority of those 20 points in "garbage time"? If not, that's being generous.:)

You are correct. Sage gets us two.

HOU-TEX
10-16-2006, 11:10 AM
You are correct. Sage gets us two.

LOL! Gotcha

Texan Asylum
10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
If we can put together 60 minutes of solid ball, it should be a good game. I expect to see more consistancy real soon. The running game, on the other hand...

Texans 21

Jags 20

Go Texans!!!

TexansLucky13
10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm not scared of any Jaguar.... we have Chad Stanley.

dat_boy_yec
10-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't know how and I don't know why, but the Texans are taking it next week.

24 US
17 them

texflex513
10-16-2006, 11:54 AM

My prediction?

Go Jags!

Our defense is gonna hit byron so hard he is not going to know WICH side is LEFT... TEXANS 24 gaguars 10.

Fldvldog
10-16-2006, 02:42 PM

Jags 31
Texans 20

Yea, I'm just hoping that we wont be in that type of situation. I'm hoping the whole "playing down the the opponents level" days are behind us (no offense texan fans).

Losing Mike Pete was heartbreaking. Supposedly we're going to try to move Daryl Smith to the middle, and start Greisen and Ingram on the outsides. We'll see how that pans out. ANd hopefully Stroud and MJ are healthy and ready by Sunday.

19-10
10-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Jags 35
Texans 10

Getting to the tailgate really early to numb up for this ass kicking as well as the rest of the season. It was bad enough walking out of the crappy thing they call a stadium yesterday - just can't wait for the thousands of Jags fans Sunday. Nothing quite like being out cheered by the
other team's fans

run-david-run
10-16-2006, 03:08 PM
so..... avatar bet?

Fldvldog
10-16-2006, 03:09 PM
so..... avatar bet?

Name it. :drool:

19-10
10-16-2006, 03:11 PM

Don't do it. He's only risking losing the star. LOL

run-david-run
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM

its sort of a joke seeing as I have a Dallas star as my avatar (guess how that happened) but I'll stick with my team (wore my AJ jersey the whole day Sunday, in mostly Cowboy land) so Im up for it again.

Fldvldog
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I'll go ahead and throw one out there in a new thread.

FILO_girl
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM
I'll go ahead and throw one out there in a new thread.
Well looky here! Heya Fldvldog, hows things in Tealyland?
Not looking forward to this one, as we are dinged up and not playing our best (or near our best). Can't take this one lightly, Jags are always a fight...except that little game in '04....21-0 wasn't it? :neener:
(easy now, just playin' with ya a little..this lack of smack thing has me all sorts of sad).

I have a thread thown out on your board, a little place for some light hearted play until Sunday.

Seriously, not happy with Stroud and MJ back. That darn Jones is gonna make a name for himself in the NFL, isn't he! :shades:

Fargin
10-17-2006, 05:46 PM
But, but, but you guys are wearing the infamous Babble Red. From what you have said in the past it has some sort of magical properties. Being that you're the tinhorns, I'm confident we'll win but I'm not gonna get carried away with any grandios predictions. Here's to a good game with no injuries. BTW, If you're going to double your wins from last year (My much maligned by Filo pre-season prediction.) you need to get busy soon. Just not Sunday.

Osso
10-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I think i finally get it.....Kubiak has been calling all these dumb ass run plays to get carr to take control and audible to a pass.

GO CARR...........audible baby!!

Wolf
10-17-2006, 06:01 PM

Texans 24
Jags 03

better minus the Phillip Buchanon..hmm does that mean they only score 2 then?

FILO_girl
10-17-2006, 09:02 PM
But, but, but you guys are wearing the infamous Babble Red. From what you have said in the past it has some sort of magical properties. Being that you're the tinhorns, I'm confident we'll win but I'm not gonna get carried away with any grandios predictions. Here's to a good game with no injuries. BTW, If you're going to double your wins from last year (My much maligned by Filo pre-season prediction.) you need to get busy soon. Just not Sunday.
Why put off 'til tomorrow, what you can do today. No need to wait on this.

Thanks, Fargie. I needed a fire lit under my butt. GO TEXANS!!!!!
We are gonna stomp us some kitty Sunday! I hope.....

sleepwalker
10-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Prepare to be blitz'd.

Byron Leftwich reminds me of JJ from Good Times...I don't know why, they don't even look the same.

Texans 24 Jags 60

FILO_girl
10-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Prepare to be blitz'd.

Byron Leftwich reminds me of JJ from Good Times...I don't know why, they don't even look the same.

Texans 24 Jags 60

Whatchu talkin bout, sleepwalker! :D

jagibelieve
10-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Guess who's coming to see Carr? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugJ62hxtNm4) :yikes:

Here's to a good game and NO injuries!

FanFromCali
10-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Houston always seems to play the Jags tough. That being said, their defense is going to be a monster to overcome. Since the Texans D has stepped up as of late I say 17-13 Jags.

mootini
10-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Filo....Cream of BEEF time :) The Broom is coming again...6-4 by November :) What's weather going to be Sunday there in Houston...still raining?

The Pencil Neck
10-18-2006, 10:21 AM

Well, we do get to play the Raiders and Browns and hopefully we beat the Titans at LEAST once. Please, gawd. That will give us 4 wins. Then if we can either beat the Titans once more or beat either the Bills or Jets, then we get to my pre-season prediction of 5.

I think our biggest problem so far has been our schedule. It's been brutal but we just haven't been able to put full games together. Hopefully, we'll start getting better as the season goes on.

You guys have a good game and let's hope no one gets hurt.

impalasurfer
10-18-2006, 12:19 PM
If your a Texan fan I strongly suggest making your way out to Reliant Stadium on Sunday. You and all your "Red Battle Day" (lame) cronies are about to witness a colossal beatdown of your Texans by 2006's most underrated team, the Jaguars. I realize that the Texans have a knack for playing the Jags hard, or at least did. After watching some highlights and looking at stats of the Texans, I wonder if the UT Longhorns could match up better against the Jaguars.

This is matchup is like comparing a Geo Metro to a Cadillac DeVille. The Jaguars have a top 5 defense and offense that can score anywhere on the field. The Texans are a pathetic pile of has beens and never will be's. Yet every time they line up on the field with the Jaguars they play us tough. Well if your looking for that again at "Battle Red Day" on Sunday you might as well stay home.

Look at our offense. Reggie Williams is among the top ten recievers in both touchdowns and yardage. Matt Jones, George Wrighster, Ernest Wilford and Mercedes Lewis give us alot of talent in the passing game. Byron Leftwich is quickly establishing himself as a top 10 quarterback and could be in the top 5 with a long playoff run. Freddy Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew can score from anywhere on the field and run to control the clock. Our defense is loaded from our great front seven to our secondary.

I can't think of a player on the Texans who can compete with our Jagaurs. Your defensive line is weak and timid and can't compete with the strength and girth of our offensive line. Your cornerbacks fear single coverage and will be exposed by our playmakers at wide reciever. Offensively the Texans never seem to have a plan. The only way you guys have a chance to score is to try throwing on 1st down. Once the 3rd and longs start coming you'll just start to turn the ball over.

But out of all the AFC South teams their is none that I hate more than the Texans. Those ugly uniforms and cocky but talentless players make me hate the franchise and give me an underlying impression of the city. You guys never have supported QB David Carr who has the talent to be one of the best. Every game you guys have ever won has been because of him. You guys are gonna drive him out of town and watch him lead a team like the Ravens to a Super Bowl.

However when you watch this Jaguars team on Sunday you can see a direct reflection of the "Bold New City of the South". Were a blue collar city which appreciates hard hitting, good defense, a smart effective ground game and consistent quarterback play. Their is a championship arua around this team and this city.

You all are just about 5 days away from seeing what a real football team can do. I hope that the beatdown we lay on you in Reliant is the worst in franchise history. We Jaguar fans are tired of you guys hanging with us even when it's obvious you don't have the talent. This is the beginning of a championship run for the Jaguars. At least all you at "Battle Red Day" will get to see what a talented, championship caliber team looks like. Hope you enjoy the show.

Vinny
10-18-2006, 12:23 PM
um, as bad as we suck you guys have struggled to whip us historically. lol

texflex513
10-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Here come the GAGuar cronies:yawn:

wolfscar
10-18-2006, 12:33 PM
You all are just about 5 days away from seeing what a real football team can do. I hope that the beatdown we lay on you in Reliant is the worst in franchise history. We Jaguar fans are tired of you guys hanging with us even when it's obvious you don't have the talent.

Number 1 - stop talking like you're gonna be on the field. The Jags MAY win this weekend but YOU won't be laying any beatdowns on anybody. You don't come onto another team's message board and start talking like you're somebody when you're clearly not.

Number 2 - Texans fans 'hanging with' Jags fans? What planet are you from?

sulli60
10-18-2006, 12:39 PM
More Florida smack talking. How about a little class every once and a while? Do we need to have extra security on the field in case a brawl breaks out?

Don'tHate
10-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Okay, let me apologize for this guy. While he makes SOME good points, the complete homerism really stenched up the thread. This is one good example of why I hardly make my way to the jaguars.com anymore... :backsout:

mootini
10-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Exactly very much homer of the day!!!....Sorry Texans fans...Our games are great entertainment and I have enjoy all, except the shut out in Alltel..ouch!!! Anyway, The Jags are looking good to this point and should win. I do think the Red uni's is a bad idea, the Jags might score and extra TD for this. Anyway here's to a good game and NO INJURIES.

Farough
10-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Any of our receivers and RBs COULD technically score from anywhere, if that counts...

TEXANS84
10-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks moot and DH...I know you guys are classier than that.

It just takes one bad apple to associate a bunch with....

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-18-2006, 01:02 PM
What fans of any of the other 31 teams in this league need to know:

1. We know the Texans are horrible.

2. We don't expect to win on Sundays.

3. Save your smack talk for fans of a team that have legitimate playoff hopes.

4. If the team you root for doesn't beat the Texans, your team has SERIOUS issues.

5. Keep your eyes on Demeco Ryans. He is the only entertaining thing happening on defense for the Texans right now.

Fldvldog
10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Step up to the plate, Houston! :chicken:

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=29759

BTW, Filo, you wont have to worry about Matt Jones this Sunday (and possibly Stroud). Jones is doubtful, and Stroud is questionable.

Just keep your children away from John Henderson :taz:

The Pencil Neck
10-18-2006, 02:33 PM
After the Titans beat washington the other day, I am not so sure if we are going to beat the Titans........:taz:

I know, me neither. After seeing that game, I'm really wondering if we can beat the Browns or Raiders, too. Travis Henry lit them up and we couldn't do anything against them. Our defense made Brunell look like Joe Montana and Portis look like Jim Brown.

I'm really askairt.

Nbkan
10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, I am sort of finally healed from the Cowpokes game. I guess I can entertain another visitor. Here is too a good solid 'injury free' game on both sides. May the best Texan...I mean team win!

(Side note-It seems to me we get injuries every damn game. Chad Stanley has cursed us...please no more upgrade at punter comments. Chad is watching!)

YoungTexanFan
10-18-2006, 02:54 PM

Jags 31
Texans 20

I think the Texans will get on the board first. I think it will be a battle of secondary's. I think Mario will register another sack and play in the face of Leftwhich, but I don't expect much help from our secondary.

Jags 24
Texans 17

Doug
10-18-2006, 08:14 PM
If your a Texan fan I strongly suggest making your way out to Reliant Stadium on Sunday. You and all your "Red Battle Day" (lame) cronies are about to witness a colossal beatdown of your Texans by 2006's most underrated team, the Jaguars. I realize that the Texans have a knack for playing the Jags hard, or at least did. After watching some highlights and looking at stats of the Texans, I wonder if the UT Longhorns could match up better against the Jaguars.

This is matchup is like comparing a Geo Metro to a Cadillac DeVille. The Jaguars have a top 5 defense and offense that can score anywhere on the field. The Texans are a pathetic pile of has beens and never will be's. Yet every time they line up on the field with the Jaguars they play us tough. Well if your looking for that again at "Battle Red Day" on Sunday you might as well stay home.

Look at our offense. Reggie Williams is among the top ten recievers in both touchdowns and yardage. Matt Jones, George Wrighster, Ernest Wilford and Mercedes Lewis give us alot of talent in the passing game. Byron Leftwich is quickly establishing himself as a top 10 quarterback and could be in the top 5 with a long playoff run. Freddy Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew can score from anywhere on the field and run to control the clock. Our defense is loaded from our great front seven to our secondary.

I can't think of a player on the Texans who can compete with our Jagaurs. Your defensive line is weak and timid and can't compete with the strength and girth of our offensive line. Your cornerbacks fear single coverage and will be exposed by our playmakers at wide reciever. Offensively the Texans never seem to have a plan. The only way you guys have a chance to score is to try throwing on 1st down. Once the 3rd and longs start coming you'll just start to turn the ball over.

But out of all the AFC South teams their is none that I hate more than the Texans. Those ugly uniforms and cocky but talentless players make me hate the franchise and give me an underlying impression of the city. You guys never have supported QB David Carr who has the talent to be one of the best. Every game you guys have ever won has been because of him. You guys are gonna drive him out of town and watch him lead a team like the Ravens to a Super Bowl.

However when you watch this Jaguars team on Sunday you can see a direct reflection of the "Bold New City of the South". Were a blue collar city which appreciates hard hitting, good defense, a smart effective ground game and consistent quarterback play. Their is a championship arua around this team and this city.

You all are just about 5 days away from seeing what a real football team can do. I hope that the beatdown we lay on you in Reliant is the worst in franchise history. We Jaguar fans are tired of you guys hanging with us even when it's obvious you don't have the talent. This is the beginning of a championship run for the Jaguars. At least all you at "Battle Red Day" will get to see what a talented, championship caliber team looks like. Hope you enjoy the show.

You hate the Texans because YOU THINK their uniforms are ugly, the players are cocky and it gives YOU a bad impression of the city.......Wow......Just Wow!

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Jaguars 31
Texans 9

Doug
10-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Jaguars 31
Texans 9

Titans - 0
Bye - 24
:yikes:

FILO_girl
10-18-2006, 09:29 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! When your team is 4-4 against us, doesn't leave THAT much room for the smackdown you were trying to do. I am so glad there are several posters here to rep the Jags (moo, fldvldog, donthate) to give us positive insight into your fanbase because you are one of the biggest trolls I have ever seen. Your stinking pile of a post is nothing but a longwinded troll rant. Good thing you don't get jumped for bad spelling here as you do at your home board.

Enjoy the game Sunday. I know I will.

Vinny
10-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Good thing you don't get jumped for bad spelling here as you do at your home board.

lol: classic

BigDTexansFan
10-18-2006, 10:12 PM
You playing Houston Texans a team that until last year was not swept by Jax (and last year kind of looked like you guys wanted us to win 1st game). Do us one favor though, when you help up our players..don't hit butt to hard as I imagine it will hurt when Kubiak gets done chewing on them.

Texans 14
Jags 10

Close tight game with our offense doing just enough to pull it out:redtowel:

BTW we have to beat you guys, Cowboys fans claiming they as good as Steelers.:yawn: Because you beat Cowboys AND World Champion Steelers, so if we beat you makes us better than Cowboys (ok been torturing Cowboys fans with that idea this week):yikes:

Texanfan4ever
10-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Jags - 77
Us- 6

Oh cool, thanks for the positve thoughts. Way to be a fan.

Aztequila
10-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Houston has a fair shot at winning this game. The Dallas debacle was a meltdown in the second half. If we can prevent that form happening again. We could hold this offense, it will be hard, be we can do it. Its any given sunday gentlemen. And here it is, I say this...

Texans 23
Jaguars 17

Probably not gonna happen...but like I said before: wishful thinking is about all we have on this board.

Timbuck2
10-19-2006, 01:38 AM

uh,.. uh,...oh yeah????????

HOU-TEX
10-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, from watching the previous games the Texans have played. If the Jags get the lead at any point of the game, the Texans automatically shutdown. They're like those little pill bugs. Once you threaten them, they just roll up in a little ball until danger passes. Oh well, we'll find out Sunday what team shows up.:redtowel:

run-david-run
10-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Guess who's coming to see Carr? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugJ62hxtNm4) :yikes:

Here's to a good game and NO injuries!What that supposed to be Carr *****-slapping Henderson?

Blu
10-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Oh cool, thanks for the positve thoughts. Way to be a fan.

He my friend, is about as diehard as a Texan fan comes...without being a unrealistic homer....
He's just sick and tired of the BS like myself.

Jags 34
Texans 10

Don'tHate
10-19-2006, 10:16 AM
I try to be less homerish as possible and just base it on facts or my opinion. The series between he Jags and Texans is real and shouldn't be ignored, no matter what.

If you want to talk real football with intelligent fans, I invite you guys to Jagnation.com. it's run by fans and hardly any morons (if any) like at the Jaguars.com message board. My name is Jagchick20 over there if anyone wants to say hi. Filo's already joined us over there.

Here's to a good game with no injuries.:party:

And for a smidge of homerism...

Jags 34

Texans 10 (maybe 14)

santo
10-19-2006, 10:22 AM
I'll give my prediction...

Houston 28 :redtowel:

Jacksonville 20 :yikes:

Here's to a good game....:gotexans1

Fldvldog
10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, it looks like we may not have Stroud for Sunday. So that stings. :violin:

jagsfanincanada
10-19-2006, 11:55 AM
27-17 Jags

And that one dude at the end of page 2 of this thread is a moron.

Doug
10-19-2006, 09:01 PM
27-17 Jags

Come on.....don't talk about Vinny like that! LOL

I know who you're talking about.

Battle Red Flash
10-20-2006, 09:48 AM

You are correct, sir!

I love my Texans, but we cannot run the ball, and our defense is young and not good right now. If we get a bunch of breaks or turnovers, we may win, but you can't count on that.

I hope I'm wrong, but I say Jags 27, Texans 20.

Forge
10-20-2006, 10:54 AM
1st Post here...

Hope for a GREAT game on both sides and no injuries...

Go Jags!!!!

"BTW we have to beat you guys, Cowboys fans claiming they as good as Steelers. Because you beat Cowboys AND World Champion Steelers, so if we beat you makes us better than Cowboys (ok been torturing Cowboys fans with that idea this week)"

That would be the only good thing about losing, since I hate the Cowtoys.....

HJam72
10-20-2006, 11:03 AM
First half: Texans: 10 Jags: 3

Final score: Texans: 10 Jags: 27

Right now, I just hope it's that close.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2006, 12:11 PM
27-17 Jags

Why?!? He merely stated that in our four years of playing each other (8 games total) the Jags have won four and the Texans have won 4.....

Osso
10-20-2006, 01:47 PM
hmmm

Texans....24

jags...17

Ditka...238

michaelm
10-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Why?!? He merely stated that in our four years of playing each other (8 games total) the Jags have won four and the Texans have won 4.....

I think he was referring to the second to last post... not Vinny's post.

BEERnBBQ
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
whats the status of leftwich? espn ran a note that he was questionable due to an ankle. regardless

TEXANS 24
jags 17:party:

Texas_Heat
10-20-2006, 04:08 PM
better minus the Phillip Buchanon..hmm does that mean they only score 2 then?

No it means a Shutout:redtowel: , Buchanon was a great playmaker for the Texans but time just aged him so fast and his skills dropped off this year, he was the weak link this year he's the only reason why I said they’d get three. I'm just :( to see a great player like Buchanon age so fast, I guess the great ones are like shooting stars gone in the blink of an eye.

:gotexans1 :fieldgoal

NEROtheZERO
10-20-2006, 04:51 PM
No it means a Shutout:redtowel: , Buchanon was a great playmaker for the Texans but time just aged him so fast and his skills dropped off this year, he was the weak link this year he's the only reason why I said they’d get three. I'm just :( to see a great player like Buchanon age so fast, I guess the great ones are like shooting stars gone in the blink of an eye.

:gotexans1 :fieldgoal

Uh?

What plays has Buchannon made for us?

Jagsbch
10-20-2006, 05:50 PM
With Byron injured you can bet Jaguars will be coming to town with the ground troops activated. Fred Taylor could have the biggest game of the season Sunday. This is sure to have Texan fans seeing red?:cool:

camisgirl
10-20-2006, 06:44 PM

My prediction?

Go Jags!

I won't give you too hard of a time but your goin down!!:shoot:

wolfscar
10-21-2006, 08:38 AM
I think you guys will do ok, your rushing attack is hurting but Carr seems to be playing well this year, and our D will have to adjust to losing Mike Peterson. On offense we are playing well, 71 points in the last 2 games, and Reggie Williams is finally living up to his potential. Matt Jones and Marcus Stroud should be healthy too.

I'll say 27-17 Jags.

My prediction?

Go Jags!

Nice to see there are some Jags fans with a little class around here. Makes a refreshing change from some of the trash-talk I've been reading elsewhere.

Heard that Stroud was out though (jagsfanincanada) - is that right or is he suiting up?

Fldvldog
10-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Heard that Stroud was out though (jagsfanincanada) - is that right or is he suiting up?

Stoud and Matt Jones are out. That's three straight weeks to heal (Jets, Bye, Houston). I would have never thought their injuries were this severe. I'm just crossing my fingers that Byron is able to play. It's really disheartening when his injury didn't even come from a game.

zalomar12
10-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah, having Byron out will make the game a lot closer than most people think it's going to be, though regardless I don't see it as being a blowout (it never is, so why now?), and either way I never rest easy when we play the Texans.

zalomar12
10-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by impalasurfer

------------------

On another note, from seeing this post quoted so many times, I curious as to how this Jags "fan" came up with the conclusion against Battle Red Day, when we practically had something identical in week 2.

As some/most of you may know, we had Teal Night / All-Teal Stadium to get everyone that much more jacked up for the Steelers MNF game, and I see Battle Red Day as being the exact same thing.

I'm sure all you fans are going to go to the game tomorrow that much more pumped up, as will the team of course, and it's definitely a good selection for which game, as of the division opponents, your rivalry and history with us is the best by far.

Here's to a close game tomorrow, hopefully a Jags win(!), and of course no injuries. GL guys, hope all of those who are going enjoy a great game at the beautiful Reliant (I made a trip from FL to HOU to catch a 'Stros game and the Redskins game last month, was a great city and beautiful stadium!).

TEXANS84
10-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the board over here zalomar...thanks for the classy posts.

zalomar12
10-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks and no problem...I figured it was time to start checking out away team boards, and you guys were a good match as I had registered when I was checking some things out before going to the Redskins game. And unlike the few who want to just talk trash and troll the boards, I'll do my best to keep it to the intelligent conversation lol.

Anyway, time to go get ready for the game. Good luck today.

Doug
10-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, having Byron out will make the game a lot closer than most people think it's going to be, though regardless I don't see it as being a blowout (it never is, so why now?), and either way I never rest easy when we play the Texans.

I agree that the game will be much more closer than alot of people think but I don't feel it's going to be due to Byron not playing. There's going to be many other factors including just the energy itself that surrounds the game when these two teams go head to head. IMO, from a non Jaguar fan standpoint I personally like the upside of Garrard alot more than Leftwich.

Doug
10-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Man, no matter how much our team seems to let us down week in and week out, I can't help but get excited every Sunday morning looking forward to seeing my Texans play!

GuerillaBlack
10-22-2006, 11:32 AM
I predict:

Jags: 35

And I agree Doug.

Texas_Heat
10-22-2006, 03:02 PM

Texans 24
Jags 03

See I told you all they'd win big

jaayteetx
10-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Man, see what happens when we have a running game!

Bongo59
10-22-2006, 04:34 PM
With Byron injured you can bet Jaguars will be coming to town with the ground troops activated. Fred Taylor could have the biggest game of the season Sunday. This is sure to have Texan fans seeing red?:cool:classic BS......................you lost just the way I said you would ..............Carr passing.................and everyone has picked on Brian Williams who sucks................with Mike P out people will begin to run better on them and TE will continue to hurt them..................Colts clinched today

phan1
10-22-2006, 10:41 PM
On the flip side, here's some observations about your team:

1) Byron Leftwich had a HORRIBLE game today. He couldn't make any throws. It seems that Jacksonville has never warmed up to having Leftwich as their franchise QB and always wondered why. But now I think I understand, as it seems he's pretty inconsistent. I don't follow him that much, but he just had about as bad a game I've ever seen from him. Will there be a QB controversy in Jacksonville? Honestly, if he's not 100%, I think you should start your backup. Do any Jags here think the backup (forgot his name) is better than Leftwich?

2) Jones-Drew is probably the best rooke RB of the 2006 draft. He's going to be a great franchise RB. I haven't seen Maroney play or much of D Williams now that he's injured, but the sheer versatility of Jones-Drew is very impressive. Right now, it looks like he is what Reggie Bush was supposed to be coming out of the draft. He's fast, quick, and strong. He's strong enough to be a short-yardage guy too. 5'7'' 220 is a very impressive build.

3) Are you guys missing stroud that much? I'm not sure if the turn-around of our horrific running game is a result of us or you guys...

4) I'm glad we still have your number for some odd reason. Winning a game against Jacksonville seems like it's always a given, no matter how terrible we are or how good you guys are. :)

zalomar12
10-22-2006, 11:52 PM
On the flip side, here's some observations about your team:

1) Byron Leftwich had a HORRIBLE game today. He couldn't make any throws. It seems that Jacksonville has never warmed up to having Leftwich as their franchise QB and always wondered why. But now I think I understand, as it seems he's pretty inconsistent. I don't follow him that much, but he just had about as bad a game I've ever seen from him. Will there be a QB controversy in Jacksonville? Honestly, if he's not 100%, I think you should start your backup. Do any Jags here think the backup (forgot his name) is better than Leftwich?

2) Jones-Drew is probably the best rooke RB of the 2006 draft. He's going to be a great franchise RB. I haven't seen Maroney play or much of D Williams now that he's injured, but the sheer versatility of Jones-Drew is very impressive. Right now, it looks like he is what Reggie Bush was supposed to be coming out of the draft. He's fast, quick, and strong. He's strong enough to be a short-yardage guy too. 5'7'' 220 is a very impressive build.

3) Are you guys missing stroud that much? I'm not sure if the turn-around of our horrific running game is a result of us or you guys...

4) I'm glad we still have your number for some odd reason. Winning a game against Jacksonville seems like it's always a given, no matter how terrible we are or how good you guys are. :)

1 - From what our Senior Editor said during the pregame and everything, it sound like Leftwich had trouble putting weight on his foot and was affecting his throwing during warmups, so I think it did play a role, though there's no doubt that he also had a bad game, part due to the great defensive scheme you guys had with the front four getting a ton of penetration and many well timed blitzes. There's a small minority of Jags "fans" who refuse to support Byron and love David Garrard, and if you go check out our board, they are there in full force, putting all the blame on him, rather than Taylor, Wilford, our defense, etc. There's no doubt he didn't play well though, but all in all, he's been solid on the whole this season, we just have to hope his ankle is 100% for Philly.

2 - You're dead on with Drew. I love the guy, and thought he was our only player on the entire team who actually played well today. He has been great week in and week out, and is going to be a ton of fun to watch for many years to come.

3 - It's a combination of missing Stroud, Hayward, and most notably Peterson, as well as the inconsistency that has faced our D this season for whatever reason (see: Washington game). I think it's tough to judge either way -- you guys need another good game or we need another bad game to see what caused the turnaround.

4 - I know, I hate playing you guys. It's always considered a "gimme" game, yet never is and even when we do win, it's never an easy win.

See ya'll again in 3 weeks.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2006, 08:18 AM
I don't want to hear about sandwiche's foot or whatever. Every team in the league has injuries to deal with...... Personally, I am glad that the jags played sandwich and not Garrard. I am more worried about him than I am Gary Coleman....