PDA

View Full Version : P Action Passing.....

thunderkyss
10-15-2006, 11:09 PM
..... off the tops of your heads.. does anyone recall any play action passes??

I don't recall any. & the way Roy Williams was jumping the run, we should've had a field day.

kbourda
10-15-2006, 11:19 PM
..... off the tops of your heads.. does anyone recall any play action passes??

I don't recall any. & the way Roy Williams was jumping the run, we should've had a field day.

I don't recall seeing any either but for PA to work so does the ground game need to be effective. The two work hand in hand.

Reddevil63
10-15-2006, 11:35 PM
They ran a couple in the first half, but if you cant run the ball, why would a D bite on the fake?

SnakeOilTanker
10-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Roy was just playing in the box becuase thats how he likes to play it.

You can't run an effective play action without the threat of the run.

1.4 YPC from Dayne isn't a threat.

Scooter
10-15-2006, 11:38 PM
i recall 2. one when we were back towards our endzone, and another on (i think) a second and long. not that either were anything to write home about, but we did attempt atleast a couple.

where we died is not opening up the run. between mike sherman and gary kubiak should have about 1400 screen plays in the playbook. we tried one. playcalling left plenty to be desired.

thunderkyss
10-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Roy was just playing in the box becuase thats how he likes to play it.

You can't run an effective play action without the threat of the run.

1.4 YPC from Dayne isn't a threat.

It didn't matter, Roy was in the backfield before our RB got the ball. He was biting if he saw David's back. That's why were only getting 1.4 ypc.

SnakeOilTanker
10-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Ron Dayne plus bad blocking will equal 1.4 alot of times

phan1
10-16-2006, 12:27 AM
I saw some today. They just weren't really obvious ones. Like ones where he faked the draw to the RB real fast. It was a good decision as 1) our running game was horrible and 2) a long developing play like that could easily result in a sack when no one respects the run.