PDA

View Full Version : Possible Running backs to look at

Goldeagle
10-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Hypothetical (of course)

Justin Fargas (Oak): 4th round pick: He has speed to break a long one Or Lundy

Chris Brown (Ten): 5-6th round pick, He has had flashes

Verand Morency (GB): :) Fat Can Gado: nothing to be said

Mewelde Moore (Min): 5 round, or back up:: Has great speed and shown to make the big play

Ryan Moats (Phil): late round, or back up: In our offense he could explode

Mike Bell (Den): 3rd round: Hey, Kubiak knows him

Najeh Davenport (Pit): 4th round: Hes big, but has more speed than Dayne and Gado

Just looking for maybe a quick fix or with guys like Moats and Fargas you could have a player for longer.

TexanLen
10-15-2006, 10:09 PM
I heard on the telecast today that Chris Brown may be available since they have Henry. He might be a good fit. He is faster than what we have now and has experience.

Goldeagle
10-15-2006, 10:12 PM
I agree, but will there be a trade IN Div? THey also have Lindell White who has looked decent but was sidelined with the stomach flu this week.

TexanLen
10-15-2006, 10:18 PM
I am sure if it's the right package, it can be worked out. The Titan's are where we are right now. I am sure they will welcome draft picks. With that, are we willing to give up draft picks?

dat_boy_yec
10-15-2006, 10:22 PM
How about we try out Lee Suggs or one of our own rookies. I'm strongly against giving up draft picks for short term solutions that may or may not work out. We traded for Gado and where's that got us. We should try to use FA and our own guys and see what develops.

Hervoyel
10-15-2006, 10:33 PM
I think we're probably looking at the rest of the season with the guys we have on our team right now. I'd be shocked if the coaches went out and tried to bring in someone else.

We're going to suck for a while. Our line sucks and our backs aren't good enough to compensate for that. Honestly very few teams are lucky enough to have RB's capable of creating something out of nothing so it's not that odd. Hopefully by mid-season they've figured out how to run block in some kind of rudimentary fashion and we can get some semblence of balance going.

Keldar
10-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Our line sucks and our backs aren't good enough to compensate for that. Honestly very few teams are lucky enough to have RB's capable of creating something out of nothing so it's not that odd. Hopefully by mid-season they've figured out how to run block in some kind of rudimentary fashion and we can get some semblence of balance going.

Quoted for Truth

BigSaint8050
10-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Hypothetical (of course)

Justin Fargas (Oak): 4th round pick: He has speed to break a long one Or Lundy

Chris Brown (Ten): 5-6th round pick, He has had flashes

Verand Morency (GB): :) Fat Can Gado: nothing to be said

Mewelde Moore (Min): 5 round, or back up:: Has great speed and shown to make the big play

Mike Bell (Den): 3rd round: Hey, Kubiak knows him

Najeh Davenport (Pit): 4th round: Hes big, but has more speed than Dayne and Gado

Just looking for maybe a quick fix or with guys like Moats and Fargas you could have a player for longer.

Not being critical but how can Kubiak know Bell as he is a rookie? Also why would Denver trade their #2 RB (who opened the season #1), or Oakland trade Fargas (their #2 who is averaging 9 YPC), or Pittsburgh trade Davenport (who they just picked up to backup and spell Parker)? The only player I can see being available is Chris Brown, especially with the last couple of weeks that Henry has had and the addition of White. Although he has a history of injuries and he runs very upright (which makes him very vunerable for a man that stands 6'3).

And unless your defense improves no amount of run game is going to help you.

Goldeagle
10-15-2006, 10:47 PM
What is the players name on the Practice squad? Taylor or something? And yeah, Suggs was let go, an easy pick up

Goldeagle
10-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Just throwing out some names BIGSaint

edo783
10-15-2006, 10:56 PM
I would be most interested in picking up the CB from the Bills. Running back aren't going to do much until the line starts working better and we have Lundy and Taylor to work with for more speed.

Goldeagle
10-15-2006, 11:05 PM
WHo is the CB?

NEROtheZERO
10-15-2006, 11:24 PM
WHo is the CB?

Nate Clements

phan1
10-16-2006, 12:30 AM
I'd really like Chris Brown here. He seems cheap and is definitely on the way out of Tennessee. I have no idea why they opted for Lendale White given that Henry and Brown are both starting calibure RBs.

run-david-run
10-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Chris Brown is a very talanted RB who is out of favour with the Tacks so we could get him on the cheap. It would be nice to know exactly what our problem is in regards to the running game (running backs or O-line). I say go for it if we can get him for a 5th or so

hot pickle
10-16-2006, 12:36 AM
what are the chances that the titans release brown, and we wouldnt have to trade for him

run-david-run
10-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Not being critical but how can Kubiak know Bell as he is a rookie? Also why would Denver trade their #2 RB (who opened the season #1), or Oakland trade Fargas (their #2 who is averaging 9 YPC), or Pittsburgh trade Davenport (who they just picked up to backup and spell Parker)? The only player I can see being available is Chris Brown, especially with the last couple of weeks that Henry has had and the addition of White. Although he has a history of injuries and he runs very upright (which makes him very vunerable for a man that stands 6'3).

And unless your defense improves no amount of run game is going to help you.

The defense only gave up 10 before we turned it over three times in a row inside our 40, thats what pretty much screwed us. Our running game is far more responsible for the 34 points the D, funny as that sounds. I think Brown is worth a shot

In regards to him being released, it would be more helpful to get him now so we know exactly what we need to fix in regards to the running game during the offseason

Sco-tai
10-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Trade deadline is 24 hours away, I believe.

I don't see us doing anything.

Why bother? Without any run-blocking it really doesn't matter who is back there. Our scheme relies on the inital hole...hitting that hole...and making the gain. Since we don't get the initial hole, we get....well....what we got today. Which is C R A P

Kudos for our improved pass-protection...but until our O-Line improves and starts opening holes...it doesn't matter WHO we have back there.

supertankman
10-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Trade deadline is 24 hours away, I believe.

I don't see us doing anything.

Why bother? Without any run-blocking it really doesn't matter who is back there. Our scheme relies on the inital hole...hitting that hole...and making the gain. Since we don't get the initial hole, we get....well....what we got today. Which is C R A P

Kudos for our improved pass-protection...but until our O-Line improves and starts opening holes...it doesn't matter WHO we have back there.

Strange because if we had a healthy Davis; he prob find the holes, guess he really shows us how valuable it is to have a player like him

Scooter
10-16-2006, 12:51 AM
if we make one trade at RB it needs to be samkon gado for vernand morency. outside of that, the only acquisitions to our running game need to be on the offensive line. unless barry sanders or earl campbell declare for the draft, we dont need runningbacks because they wont accomplish much with the lack of talent and cohesiveness on the line. i dont care if we throw a contract at orlando pace that makes even peyton manning jealous, we need to quickly and finally make the aggressive stride to fix the most important part of any football team ... which, as luck would have it, is our biggest weakness.

Corrosion
10-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Strange because if we had a healthy Davis; he prob find the holes, guess he really shows us how valuable it is to have a player like him

There werent many holes to find ... I dont doubt a healthy DD is an upgrade over what we have now but the run blocking was piss poor . DD wouldnt have made a whole lot of difference..... I think Scooter pretty much summed up what the problem was today

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 02:11 AM
We Need Michael Turner... He's behind LT in San Diego... MAke it happen Coach!!!!!!

Give them the picks...

The Mighty Texan

Mattheus_Rex
10-16-2006, 02:20 AM
I don't think they'll do anything for backs that's too expensive, unless they decide to let Davis go.

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 02:32 AM
I don't think they'll do anything for backs that's too expensive, unless they decide to let Davis go.

Bye Bye Davis... been nice but ya gotta go! Unless he takes a major paycut!! We are building a SuperBowl team here... Davis's injury screwed us bigtime...or maybe the doctors?? They deserve most of the blame... how could they mislead us that bad going into the draft???

Let go Davis, Gado, Dayne...

Go Go and get Turner the Burner...

Michael Turner Texans Future RB

Go NAVY!!!

dat_boy_yec
10-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Get Suggs and bring in Lundy and Taylor. The problem isn't the line as many people have suggested, our backs simply can't or won't find the holes and run through them. These alternatives are our best options and if they fail we loose nothing. I'm tired of hearing let's trade for him or let's trade for that. What are we going to give up? Ever thought of that? What if it doesn't work out? You take a risk with minimal rewards and loose something when you have other options, well that's just stupid.

Huge
10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Arizona averaged 71 yards rushing per game last season. After adding Edgerrin James to their offense, they've dropped to 70.4 yards per game.

Adding a different RB to your offense is not going to fix the problem.

dat_boy_yec
10-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Arizona averaged 71 yards rushing per game last season. After adding Edgerrin James to their offense, they've dropped to 70.4 yards per game.

Adding a different RB to your offense is not going to fix the problem.

It will if the RB you currently have has no nose for the hole and is the one that has the biggest hand in the lack of production.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 11:08 AM
I don't know how many people out there feel like I do, but I do not want a quick fix. I do not want to trade away draft picks for someone's 2nd stringer. We have tried and tried to "quick fix" a broken running game.

Time to wait for the draft and fix it there period. We need to look at who will be available in the 07 draft and determine which one is the best prospect and go from there. No quick fixes please...

gab24m3
10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
I agree with Huge..our problem is not the running backs (although Bush wouldn't of hurt) but we need to make some drastic changes to the O-line!
We should give up all our picks for the Colts O-line, haha jk.

gab24m3
10-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Cedric Benson could add a spark to our team!:hyper:

Huge
10-16-2006, 11:52 AM
It will if the RB you currently have has no nose for the hole and is the one that has the biggest hand in the lack of production.
Which RB are you referring to? Samkon Gado who rushed for over 4 ypc with Green Bay last year or Ron Dayne who rushed for over 5 ypc with Denver last year?

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Tha was last year it means nothing today...1.4 ypc

Michael Turner Texans RB of the future

Get it together

wolfscar
10-16-2006, 12:34 PM
The defense only gave up 10 before we turned it over three times in a row inside our 40, thats what pretty much screwed us. Our running game is far more responsible for the 34 points the D, funny as that sounds. I think Brown is worth a shot

In regards to him being released, it would be more helpful to get him now so we know exactly what we need to fix in regards to the running game during the offseason

We're too brittle right now. Our D can be playing great but then a couple things go wrong and everybody on the team gets jittery ... which means more mistakes, which means more jitters ... I don't see that changing till we can put a few results together and I don't see that happening till we have SOME kind of running game.

I'd like to see Michael Turner lining up in the backfield - he's wasted in SD, but he'd be expensive (if not impossible) to bring across. Chris Brown would at least give us a little pace though; and he's better than what we've got.

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't know how many people out there feel like I do, but I do not want a quick fix. I do not want to trade away draft picks for someone's 2nd stringer. We have tried and tried to "quick fix" a broken running game.

Time to wait for the draft and fix it there period. We need to look at who will be available in the 07 draft and determine which one is the best prospect and go from there. No quick fixes please...

Sounds like you threw in the towel for the year!! Do you even know what yer talking about? 2nd stringer???? Yer absolutely insane!! He has MORE YARDS MORE TD's with LESS carries and IS A BACKUP TO LT a monster RB...
SECOND STRINGER?? SURE, BUT HE IS BETTER THAN ALL OF OUR RB TOGETHER...

Check the facts before you get on here and call for the 07 draft... in week 6!

Texans NEVER give up and NEVER will!!! Are you sure yer a Texan? Sounds like you might be from Oklahoma!!

Michael Turner Future RB Texans!!!!!!

Texans86
10-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm thinking we should go from W.Lundy and C.Taylor. They are readily available, and don't have much mileage this season. Make it happen coach.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Sounds like you threw in the towel for the year!! Do you even know what yer talking about? 2nd stringer???? Yer absolutely insane!! He has MORE YARDS MORE TD's with LESS carries and IS A BACKUP TO LT a monster RB...
SECOND STRINGER?? SURE, BUT HE IS BETTER THAN ALL OF OUR RB TOGETHER...

Check the facts before you get on here and call for the 07 draft... in week 6!

Texans NEVER give up and NEVER will!!! Are you sure yer a Texan? Sounds like you might be from Oklahoma!!

Michael Turner Future RB Texans!!!!!!

blah blah blah, that is all I heard from your post...

The question is not rather I know what I am talking about, it is rather do you know what the heck you are talking about?

Please, go contradict yourself somewhere else in another thread and leave me out of it. I was playing and watching football when you still pooped in diapers... I stated my opinion, don't throw away the farm to get some green grass, the hay comes in next year. What, you think one trade and we are super bowl bound? Give me a break...

kcwilson
10-16-2006, 01:01 PM

Amen! Allelujah! This is part of the process that we all talked about as a two year rebuilding process... it wasn't going to be one off season and one draft, we couldn't plug all the holes in one off season... therefore, there will be growing pains.

I still think that we are learning about the 'holes' on our team and shouldn't be throwing around draft picks at any level for mediocre talent like Chris Brown.

Huge
10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Tha was last year it means nothing today...1.4 ypc

Michael Turner Texans RB of the future

Get it together
Actually it does mean something. It means that the notion that your two RBs that have been accused of having "no nose for the hole" have proven that they can be productive. They just haven't been with the Texans.

So if both RBs have been productive with other teams but have yet to be with the Texans, what does that tell you?

That it's:
A. Still the RBs' fault.
B. Something other than the RBs' fault.

Errant Hothy
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Actually it does mean something. It means that the notion that your two RBs that have been accused of having "no nose for the hole" have proven that they can be productive. They just haven't been with the Texans.

So if both RBs have been productive with other teams but have yet to be with the Texans, what does that tell you?

That it's:
A. Still the RBs' fault.
B. Something other than the RBs' fault.

All Dayne and Gado have proven is that they can be productive on occasion, neither has ever done it over the course of a full season.

JDizzle
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Dayne obviously wasn't productive enough seeing as how he got cut by Denver.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 01:17 PM
All Dayne and Gado have proven is that they can be productive on occasion, neither has ever done it over the course of a full season.

And if they were so valuable to there teams last year, I wonder why they suddenly become available this year?

Errant Hothy
10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
And if they were so valuable to there teams last year, I wonder why they suddenly become available this year?

They became available becasue neither is that good, neither was Mornecy.

That was my point (in line with yours), did you quote the wrong person?

Vinny
10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Najeh Davenport sure looked good for the Steelers yesterday...donno why we didn't sign him when he was waived.

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 01:23 PM
blah blah blah, that is all I heard from your post...

The question is not rather I know what I am talking about, it is rather do you know what the heck you are talking about?

Please, go contradict yourself somewhere else in another thread and leave me out of it. I was playing and watching football when you still pooped in diapers... I stated my opinion, don't throw away the farm to get some green grass, the hay comes in next year. What, you think one trade and we are super bowl bound? Give me a break...

Let me remind you that its been 5 Years since our birth! 5 Years and we have been rebuilding for 4... You might have been playing and watching football for years with a LEATHER helmet and thats why you give up after week 6... Yer head is wrecked and you've been popping to many geritols! Why don't you check yer depends? Cause yer full of it!

here are some facts grandpa...
What did we do with our number one pick this year? Nothing!
Michael Turner WILL be starting for somebody and we should be that somebody... I offer solutions... you offer excuse! see the difference? Maybe because yer as old as dirt you forgot how to win???

Failure is an option YOU can accept! Not me! Real Texans NEVER quit.

and let me tell you something about hay... after you eat it all thats left is BS which is exactly why I am responding... Cause yer full of it!!!

Texans NEVER QUIT and quiters are NEVER TEXANS... which brings the fact that yer not even a Texan...

The Mighty Texan has spoken!!!

You know this is fun right?

kcwilson
10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
What did we do with our number one pick this year? Nothing!

Texans NEVER QUIT and quiters are NEVER TEXANS... which brings the fact that yer not even a Texan...

Sounds like you have quit on our #1 pick already. So, I guess you are not a Texan either? What shall we call you then... obviously, not a Texan, and with faulty logic, we can't really call you mighty... how about just "THE"?

The Mighty Texan has contradicted himself!

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Good grief. Personal attacks are always welcome here...

Let me pull your head out of your ###.

Let's say we traded for a back-up, as you suggest. Say we win 2 games with him. Now we are no longer in the top 5. Can't get an Adrian Peterson below that. Now we have wasted another draft pick for what? So we could win 2 more games THIS year?

I don't think so. You have no logic what so ever.

Please go and try to solve world peace or the nuke problem in Korea, and leave the football talk to the ones who KNOW football...

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you have quit on our #1 pick already. So, I guess you are not a Texan either? What shall we call you then... obviously, not a Texan, and with fault logic, we can't really call you mighty... how about just "THE"?

The Might Texan has contradicted himself!

No... he is BROKEN and he can't play... save me the BS when DD returns he'll be in another uniform... Like a Wendy's

Cause he ain't playing football... and he and his Dr's screwed us bigtime had they said he ain't playing we could have done more with the draft... and thats a fact!!

I am The Mighty Texan and will take on all challengers!!!

The Mighty Texan!

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you have quit on our #1 pick already. So, I guess you are not a Texan either? What shall we call you then... obviously, not a Texan, and with faulty logic, we can't really call you mighty... how about just "THE"?

The Mighty Texan has contradicted himself!

LOL, you beat me to it. That is twice in just 2 posts that he has came back and contradicted himself. Oh well.

Hey, let's just trade our whole draft next year and see if we can even get players in here and that can stay in a game... Sarcasim of course...

jlam
10-16-2006, 01:35 PM

If you guys somehow pick up Moats, I'll have to really start pulling for you. I went to college with Ryan and besides having great agility and vision, he's a great guy to be around and would imagine would be a great teammate. Big question is his durability. He seems to get knicked up a little much since being drafted, and he had major knee surgery in high school. He showed no lingering effects of this while at Latech, though. I think he'll end up being a really good pickup for someone after being buried on that Eagles' depth chart. He won't be very expensive, and if Kubiak decides to remain with the RBBC approach, then I think he could be very effective for Houston.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 01:36 PM
No... he is BROKEN and he can't play... save me the BS when DD returns he'll be in another uniform... Like a Wendy's

Cause he ain't playing football... and he and his Dr's screwed us bigtime had they said he ain't playing we could have done more with the draft... and thats a fact!!

The Mighty Texan!

Dang, now I know I am getting old. My memory is sure failing me now. DD was not a number 1 pick last year or any year. He is history however.

Saying our real number 1 pick, Mario Williams is broken is total BS. He doesn't even have half a season under his belt. I see him improving, but nothing to write home about...

You need to quit going to happy hours in the middle of the day...

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Good grief. Personal attacks are always welcome here...

Let me pull your head out of your ###.

Let's say we traded for a back-up, as you suggest. Say we win 2 games with him. Now we are no longer in the top 5. Can't get an Adrian Peterson below that. Now we have wasted another draft pick for what? So we could win 2 more games THIS year?

I don't think so. You have no logic what so ever.

Please go and try to solve world peace or the nuke problem in Korea, and leave the football talk to the ones who KNOW football...

ok I will do that... But, first let me point out that you have already concidered losing for the rest of the year!! And as for knowing football talk what person in their right mind will give up after week 6? You don't know winning football you just know loser football. anyone who even humors the thought of losing the rest of the year for a #1 draft pick is NO FOOTBALL GENIUS

oh and by the way we did that last year and what did that get us????

The Mighty Texan is NO loser and will accept nothing less

kcwilson
10-16-2006, 01:43 PM

The Mighty Texan!

:confused:
So you agree that you have quit on Mario then? What's your point? I thought you didn't quit.

I will give you credit, you have not quit from contradicting yourself. So in that regard, you are still a Texan.

We need another off season to correct our problems.... one RB doesn't fix our problem.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 01:48 PM
ok I will do that... But, first let me point out that you have already concidered losing for the rest of the year!! And as for knowing football talk what person in their right mind will give up after week 6? You don't know winning football you just know loser football. anyone who even humors the thought of losing the rest of the year for a #1 draft pick is NO FOOTBALL GENIUS

oh and by the way we did that last year and what did that get us????

The Mighty Texan is NO loser and will accept nothing less

So what you are saying is you would take a mediocre Texan team this year and draft in the bottom of the 1st round, instead of being the bottomless pit team that we are right now and getting the key players to push us to the promised land? Is that correct?

Did you really think we were going to the playoffs this year or what?

I saw this year as a 4/12 season from the beginning. Now I doubt that 4 wins are in the future regardless of who we trade for. And I am NOT willing to give up draft picks to make YOU happy, that's for sure...

Who in the world do you think we are going to beat in the upcoming games? Jax, Indy, Buff, who?

Now step back away from the bar, tell the bartender to cut you off and call a taxi and get a ride home. Have a nice day...

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Dang, now I know I am getting old. My memory is sure failing me now. DD was not a number 1 pick last year or any year. He is history however.

Saying our real number 1 pick, Mario Williams is broken is total BS. He doesn't even have half a season under his belt. I see him improving, but nothing to write home about...

You need to quit going to happy hours in the middle of the day...

Well all of yesterday was Unhappy hours watch the painful display of our team. Let me tell you that a rook is a rook is a rook...

Mario would have been available later in the rounds and we could have traded for him then for a pick... But to let DD sit on the bench and say he will be ready is unacceptable. He was NOT coming back... its crazy. Bush or Young could have been traded after the draft... but thats old milk anyway...

All I am saying is he (Michael Turner) is a logical choice since we have no choice... get it?... why did Dallas get TO?... last chance baby...

Also, I don't give up on Mario Williams but until Mario can run for a TD then its pointless... it was a wasted pick! The WHOLE LEAGUE is still scratching their head over that!!! Admit it and things would be easier to accept.

NO MORE REBUILDING NO MORE EXCUSES it time for results!!

The Mighty Texan

Heywood
10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
:confused:
I will give you credit, you have not quit from contradicting yourself. So in that regard, you are still a Texan.

i can't let this beauty go by without receiving some props.

jlam
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Well all of yesterday was Unhappy hours watch the painful display of our team. Let me tell you that a rook is a rook is a rook...

Mario would have been available later in the rounds and we could have traded for him then for a pick... But to let DD sit on the bench and say he will be ready is unacceptable. He was NOT coming back... its crazy. Bush or Young could have been traded after the draft... but thats old milk anyway...

All I am saying is he (Michael Turner) is a logical choice since we have no choice... get it?... why did Dallas get TO?... last chance baby...

Also, I don't give up on Mario Williams but until Mario can run for a TD then its pointless... it was a wasted pick! The WHOLE LEAGUE is still scratching their head over that!!! Admit it and things would be easier to accept.

NO MORE REBUILDING NO MORE EXCUSES it time for results!!

The Mighty Texan

Whoever wastes their time arguing with this should be ashamed of themselves. :rolleyes:

Huge
10-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Good point.

So I guess a good solution would be to go get some other team's #2 or #3. In other words, another player that has yet to prove they can get it done over the course of a full season.

Not that you've recommended this...but others have.

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
i can't let this beauty go by without receiving some props.

Thanks!

May I remind you I am the only one offering solutions today... instead of throwing in the towel and saying NEXT year... I can't even believe yer accepting this!!! that its ok to lose the rest of the season... Unbelievable!! You guys want to lose so we can get a 1st round pick next year?!?!?!? amazing!!!

So, Contradiction is really yer thing... Solutions are my thing...

So, if I am right YOU GUYS want to Lose so we can get another pick next year?? what a bunch of LOOOSERS!!!! Sit back in the lazy chair and wait til next year... oh and I have to be drunk to understand yer mentality or lack of...

I was Born a winner and will accept nothing less from those around me which proves my point...

I am The Mighty Texan and will welcome all challengers...

oh get a new tag line... it belongs to the NFL mr creative

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Good point.

So I guess a good solution would be to go get some other team's #2 or #3. In other words, another player that has yet to prove they can get it done over the course of a full season.

Not that you've recommended this...but others have.

Look at his stats, dude... and he is a back up!! He runs like a tank and wants to be a starter... Check the stats!! check our stats.. Nuff said

I waisted my time with all you next year football champions...

The Mighty Texan!!

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks!

May I remind you I am the only one offering solutions today...

You have not offered any solutions. You are only offering to make a bad situation even worse. You are arguing with yourself.

It's like having a deep gash cut into your leg, you need stitches, but only apply a band-aid.

The only solution to the whole problem is let the coaches figure it out. I am pretty sure they know more about football and talent than any of us do. But you come in here with the solution to world hunger and that is not the answer.

Until Kubes can put a team togeather that can actually beat Indy, I will settle on the "Wait till next year" syndrom... I did it for the Oilers and they got there and I will do it for the Texans...

BTW, do you own season tickets or just support the team by mouth?

mexican_texan
10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Najeh Davenport sure looked good for the Steelers yesterday...donno why we didn't sign him when he was waived.
The Steelers and Dolphins had an advantage because Davenport's salary would've been guaranteed if he was signed before Week 1.

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 02:22 PM
yea and look how long the Oilers were around? And the Oilers NEVER went to the SUPERBOWL they were NOT the OILERS in the superbowl they were the Tenn Traitors... and they LOST and No wonder you have a wait til next year syndrome. I was a bigtime oiler fan and since they left I hated not having a Houston Texas team... I live in Burbank,CA so no I don't have season tickets...

But, I support the team more than anyone here... and it seems like over there too.

The Oilers were always choke city everytime!! A yard short everytime!!!

I am The Mighty Texan and will take on all challengers!!

Michael Turner for Texas RB!! in 06 NOT 07

later clowns it was fun I have a movie to finish...

edo783
10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I know it says 38 for age on mighty texan, but reading what and how he/she posts who here believes that might be a.........typo?

nunusguy
10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Any chance the Bears would part with Cedric Benson for our 2007 #2 pick ?
At that rate we are going, that #2 will probably be the 33, 34, or 35th overall.
Benson is the Bears back-up RB and has not been too popular or successful
with the team. They might want look at that kind of deal ?
Big cap hit for us since Benson was top 5 from last year.
Any thought on this kind of deal ? Don't even know if Benson would be suited
for our offense (at such a high price) ? And as we know, Kubiak not big on paying a lot of consideration for running backs.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 03:08 PM
And as we know, Kubiak not big on paying a lot of consideration for running backs.

I see allot people, or maybe you just keep putting that in allot of posts, but Kubs was not the head coach. He didn't make the decisions at Denver to either get a 1st round rb or pass. Why would you say that?

Kubs had a good draft last year. He has many holes to fill. I am not and never will be excited about giving away high draft picks for anyone. Look at what Edge brought for Indy... Once we get over the "hump" and become a contender, then yes, by all means trade away a #2 for someone who can get you to the promised land, but not until...

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 03:23 PM
I know it says 38 for age on mighty texan, but reading what and how he/she posts who here believes that might be a.........typo?

So what exactly are you implying? I'm Not 38?

Look I came on the board and said Michael Turner for Texan RB and we should trade for him...

and I get bombarded with these "lose all the games so we can pick someone next year crowd?" What a crock! We had the number one pick THIS year and we blew it!! understand! we blew it... and as a reminder... getting the first pick is an embarrassment and absolute shame... that means we were LAST PLACE... again an embarassment!!! first, second, even the third year acceptable? maybe, but we are no longer an expansion team we are just a crappy team... WITH NO RUNNING GAME

Gado and Dayne were and are number 2 and 3 RB for other teams. And now we have them. They suck and so does our O-line

I am Not used to losing and will never accept this next year crap... its been 5 years folks and all I hear is next year what a waist of time ...We had the first pick This year and we did nothing with it. so go figure!

Losers accept losing...
Winners NEVER accept losers or losing.

I stand by my opinions and challenge all to debate the subject of this post Possible Running Backs to look at... so far all I see is quiters and losers waiting for next year...

I am The Mighty Texan and one day...

run-david-run
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM

And he played under Sherman, that gives him more qualificaion then being a productive player I thought?

Charter PSL Fan
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM

No way. He is UT and didn't go thru Denver or GB

kcwilson
10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
So what exactly are you implying? I'm Not 38?

Look I came on the board and said Michael Turner for Texan RB and we should trade for him...

and I get bombarded with these "lose all the games so we can pick someone next year crowd?" What a crock! We had the number one pick THIS year and we blew it!! understand! we blew it... and as a reminder... getting the first pick is an embarrassment and absolute shame... that means we were are LAST PLACE... again an embarassment!!! first, second, even the third year acceptable? maybe butt we are no longer an expansion team we are just a crappy team... WITH NO RUNNING GAME

Gado and Dayne were and are number 2 and 3 RB for other teams. And now we have them. They suck and so does our O-line

I am Not used to losing and will never accept this next year crap... its been 5 years folks and all I hear is next year what a waist of time ...We had the first pick This year and we did nothing with it. so go figure!

Losers accept losing...
Winners NEVER accept losers or losing.

I stand by my opinions and challenge all to debate the subject of this post Possible Running Backs to look at... so far all I see is quiters and losers waiting for next year...

I am The Mighty Texan and one day...

There you go running straight ahead again without realizing you ran off a cliff, Wile E. Coyote.

IMO, bringing in Turner isn't going to solve the running game problem. The OL has been shuffled again, depleted with injuries, and is still learning the new system. These aren't Kubiak's guys, yet. Of course, they aren't producing at all, but bringing in another RB that will continually be hit by a DL almost instantaneously after the handoff will do nothing except piss off the message board people to clamor that we again overpaid for a free agent.

And, if you think that Michael Turner comes here for anything less than a 2nd rounder, you are mistaken. That situation is the epitome of buying at the peak of the market if we go after him right now. I would rather use the picks next year after evaluating the available talent and free agency.

I would be more than happy to look at Michael Turner next year in FA, if available. It is my opinion that we don't look at RBs to bring in at this point.

IshouldbeGM
10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Michael Turner rb san diego chargers....i think we can get him for a 2nd rd pick, we can use our 1st rd pick on a d-lineman or a safety.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6913

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 03:53 PM
There you go running straight ahead again without realizing you ran off a cliff, Wile E. Coyote.

IMO, bringing in Turner isn't going to solve the running game problem. The OL has been shuffled again, depleted with injuries, and is still learning the new system. These aren't Kubiak's guys, yet. Of course, they aren't producing at all, but bringing in another RB that will continually be hit by a DL almost instantaneously after the handoff will do nothing except piss off the message board people to clamor that we again overpaid for a free agent.

And, if you think that Michael Turner comes here for anything less than a 2nd rounder, you are mistaken. That situation is the epitome of buying at the peak of the market if we go after him right now. I would rather use the picks next year after evaluating the available talent and free agency.

I would be more than happy to look at Michael Turner next year in FA, if available. It is my opinion that we don't look at RBs to bring in at this point.

I would give them the #2 pick without hesitation. It takes a couple of years for a talented RB to get into stride. MT is ready now. DD is done and God bless him for the 1000yrd seasons he had with us. and that with the pathetic o-line we had. But he is done and we have NO available #2 to step in. Those are facts... Waiting til next year gives us nothing except a Rookie and even number 1's turn out to be busts... Imagine what it would be like if we had Reggie? I can't take a chance on another #1 that may or may not pan out. LT will not be losing his job... MT is getting the carries because he is going to walk if they don't. He'll be available in FA next year he is a talented RB who would start over half of the starter in the league today... But I don't want other teams to up the bidding on him after the season... we should have went after him in preseason...

I want to Win... This year!! and thanks for keeping to the RB question.

The Mighty Texan

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Michael Turner rb san diego chargers....i think we can get him for a 2nd rd pick, we can use our 1st rd pick on a d-lineman or a safety.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6913

God, I think I'm in love!!! Where have you been? I have been trying to talk sense into these doomsayers forever! Waiting for next year is not an option... Thanks for getting my back bud... I owe you big time!

Michael Turner Texans RB!!!!

The Mighty Texan will make you GM when I buy the Texans!!!!!!

Imatexanfan
10-16-2006, 05:26 PM
If I was GM I would get either Chris Brown from the Titans or Mike Bell from the Broncos. For one they are both faster and can cut back better than any of our RB's we have on this team. The only problem I have is Brown's health, if I'm not mistaken but ain't he very injury prone kinda like ol' Wong?!:rolleyes:

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Michael Turner Future Texans RB

Imatexanfan
10-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Michael Turner Future Texans RB

That would be nice too, I forgot Turner is available shoot thats another ayight back, I mean the best one available that is so far.:twocents:

camisgirl
10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
But, will the powers that be actually make any moves are all of us just getting our hopes up for nothing?:homer:

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 05:36 PM
God I hope So!!!

The powers that be can't possibly be happy with the RBs we have now... and no one is available to do the job today!!

The Mighty Texan!!!

Michael Turner for Texan RB

kcwilson
10-16-2006, 06:24 PM
No one is happy with the balks we have now. More importantly, we/you shouldn't be happy with the OL play... Turner isn't that good that we can hand the ball off and he is the guy in the league that will be able to dodge the DLineman that is sitting a foot in front of him as soon as he touches the ball.

OL play will at least open a few more holes, which provides our backs a better chance at success, I don't like Dayne or Gado, but would prefer Lundy get the ball, but hey, why get him crushed right now.

I don't think overpaying for Turner right now with a high draft pick is worth it.

IshouldbeGM
10-16-2006, 06:55 PM
The only problem with waiting until free agency after this yr is, Turner is a restricted free agent, meaning the chargers still hold his rights if they him the qualifying offer....and if they do, they can require compensation like a 1st and 3rd rd pick from the team that chooses to sign him. So its best the texans go after him now with a 2nd rd pick, rather than wait.

kcwilson
10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
The only problem with waiting until free agency after this yr is, Turner is a restricted free agent, meaning the chargers still hold his rights if they him the qualifying offer....and if they do, they can require compensation like a 1st and 3rd rd pick from the team that chooses to sign him. So its best the texans go after him now with a 2nd rd pick, rather than wait.

But do you really think that (1) San Diego will move him for just a 2nd, (2) SD wants to risk losing a great weapon to spell LT this year, and (3) SD knows that they can restrict him and use that as leverage for a better offer in the off season?

I give the Chargers credit for actually thinking their way through this. Turner isn't coming here, much less for a 2nd. C'mon you guys, give me a better reason than that... take of the Texan colored glasses!

DRAMA
10-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Failure is an option YOU can accept! Not me! Real Texans NEVER quit.

You know this is fun right?

I quit smoking....and I was born here. :wild:

dat_boy_yec
10-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Mighty Texan I guess I should break it to you, but get off the gas man. Of course Turner is a great back, knowing this you really think the Chargers are gonna let him go easily. Nope their gonna ask a deep price you really think it's worth it? I bet you would. Let me set you straight on some things, it doesn't take talented backs years to hit their stride as you said. Cadillac came into the league on three straight 100 yd. games. Look at Maroney, Norwood and Jones-Drew already making impact on their team and hitting their stride. Second you gonna trade for him and what if, what if Lundy or Taylor steps up and show they can be productive? Gee, guess you didn't really need to trade after all. Even if they don't he's coming from a different system how long will it take him to acclimate to the team? 2-3 weeks. We'll be in week 9 before we can even make a fair assessment of him. On top of all that next year looks to be a deep draft. How stupid would you feel if a prospect that could really fill a need and was talented fell to the position where we should have been?

You say you a Texan fan that doesn't accept loosing why are you still here? Our teams been loosing alot.

Dr. Toro
10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
At that rate we are going, that #2 will probably be the 33, 34, or 35th overall.
Benson is the Bears back-up RB and has not been too popular or successful
with the team. They might want look at that kind of deal ?
Big cap hit for us since Benson was top 5 from last year.
Any thought on this kind of deal ? Don't even know if Benson would be suited
for our offense (at such a high price) ? And as we know, Kubiak not big on paying a lot of consideration for running backs.

Well... that's the best suggestion I've heard yet. And yes, I do believe they'd part with him for a 2007 #2. We would be taking on a big salary... but Benson actually is a pretty good fit for this offense. One-cut guy.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/benson_cedric

He's relatively expendable because Jones has been good and Adrian Peterson's (no... not that one) not bad either. I think this is exactly the type of risk the Texans never took after Boselli, but is badly needed. He can be a franchise back, but the perils are obvious. Not sure of the cap implications, but I believe they aren't horrible (he certainly hasn't hit any performance escalators).

I think it's a great, albeit risky, personnel decision, but it would be great for PR as well. It might spark a bit of excitement and mollify the fickle and unsatisfied UT crowd after the DJ-VY incidents.

Dr. Toro
10-16-2006, 09:31 PM
God I hope So!!!

The powers that be can't possibly be happy with the RBs we have now... and no one is available to do the job today!!

The Mighty Texan!!!

Michael Turner for Texan RB

Easy partner... I'd love to see Turner too... but the cost is a lot more than a #2 pick. He'll be given the highest tender as an RFA, meaning any team that wants to sign him will have to give up a #1 and #3 pick to obtain him. San Diego will probably negotiate it to a #2 and #3 or #4 or maybe just a #1 depending on circumstances. That's what they can get for him after the season... so for them to give him up in the middle of a season with Super Bowl aspirations and so much of their offense reliant on the running game is a tall task. If we got super lucky we'd have to give up a #2, #3, and a player that can help them right now. It's very improbable. Sure, if you called SD up and offered your #1 and Gado, you could get 'er done... but unless you're willing to do that, it ain't happenin.

The Mighty Texan
10-16-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm a Texan... Always been a Texan. When my Oilers Left it broke my heart... No matter where I go, no matter where I been, I am A Houston Texan! Not just a Dallas Fan, But A Houston Texan... Its too easy to be just a Dallas fan. Everybody can be a Dallas fan. I root Texas on everything. I am in Cali because of work but, I wish I was in Texas... Everyday... All Day...

The Texans are all I got... and when they pull the plug on my only Texan game and switch it to another because we are blown out... wow! what an insult!! It was yanked dude! in the 3rd quarter and switch to another game?... anyway...Cali Life Sucks without Direct TV...

I check the boards and people are apathetic... accepting the loss and waiting til next year! Anyway, The Trade couldn't happen, I knew it, but I was having fun just thinking about it fer a day... anyway...

I am The Mighty Texan far away from home...

real
10-17-2006, 09:26 AM
"Home, home on the range...where the deer and the antelope play...."

mexican_texan
10-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Adrian Peterson from Chicago.

jlam
10-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Adrian Peterson from Chicago.

Every time I read your name I want to say Mexican Texican for some reason.

real
10-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Im liking Kenny Irons...

wolfscar
10-17-2006, 11:24 AM
The O-Line or the play calling or a combination of the two are leaving our RBs with nowhere to turn. Turner would be great but he'll cost multiple picks. Adrian Peterson or Ryan Moats would add a better class of runner but there's talent in both Gado and Lundy, and possibly Taylor too. Maybe we should try to trade Dayne and Flanagan for a center who can block, start varying the playbook a little and give the guys we've got a chance to get into some kind of rhythm.
Failing that - I like Moats. He runs hard and he's barely touching the ball even with Westbrook hurt. On top of that he'd be a great change of pace once DD comes back.

texan279
10-17-2006, 11:30 AM
How about we take a poll of who is the biggest fastest guy on the board then we start a petition and get it to Kubes to let the guy tryout for the team?

mexican_texan
10-17-2006, 11:38 AM
How about we take a poll of who is the biggest fastest guy on the board then we start a petition and get it to Kubes to let the guy tryout for the team?
I think Antowain Smith is here...

Goldeagle
10-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Ive got the big part down :)

texan279
10-17-2006, 02:27 PM
I think Antowain Smith is here...

I wonder if Wells or Hollings are lurking around on the board? :chicken:

El Tejano
10-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Why don't we call James "Mercillus" Allen back?:yikes:

Mr. White
10-17-2006, 02:48 PM
:hides: Don't look now, but the trade deadline just passed 45 minutes ago. Let's talk draft.

El Tejano
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
:hides: Don't look now, but the trade deadline just passed 45 minutes ago. Let's talk draft.

Why? We don't get anybody we want anyways. Derrick Johnson? Nope! Reggie Bush or VY!! Nope!

Goldeagle
10-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Hollings could hit the hole better that is for sure.

Doug
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Hollings could hit the hole better that is for sure.

and couldn't hold on to the ball or stay healthy.

texansfaninca8892
10-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Michael Turner SD, 5th rd, 2004

Deuce McAllister NO, 1st rd., 2001

Thomas Jones CHI, 1st rd., 2000
:redtowel:

kcwilson
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Michael Turner SD, 5th rd, 2004

Deuce McAllister NO, 1st rd., 2001

Thomas Jones CHI, 1st rd., 2000
:redtowel:

:slap:
Dude. Seriously. What the heck is that? Didn't you leave off LT?

texansfaninca8892
10-17-2006, 05:13 PM
My fantasy Texans squad:

QB: David Carr
QB: Drew Brees
QB: Matt Lienart

HB: La Danian Tomlinson
HB: Tikki Barber
HB: Reggie Bush

FB: Mike Alstott

WR: Marvin Harrison
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Torry Holt
WR: Bernard Berrian
WR: Chad Johnson

TE: Jeremy Shockey
TE: Dallas Clark
TE: Antonio Gates

LT: Matt Light
LT: D'Brickshaw Ferguson

LG: Steve Hutchinson
LG: Logan Mankins

C: Olin Kreutz
C: Nick Hardwick

RG: Shawn Andrews
RG: Matt Lehr

RT: Leonard Davis
RT: Tarik Glenn

LE: Julius Peppers
LE: Jason Babin

DT: Tommy Harris
DT: Kris Jenkins
DT: Chris Hovan
DT: Travis Johnson

RE: Jevon Kearse
RE: Mario Williams

LOLB: Shawne Merriman
LOLB: Boss Bailey

MLB: Brian Urlacher
MLB: Lofa Tatupu
MLB: D.J. Williams

ROLB: A.J. Hawk
ROLB: Thomas Davis

CB: Champ Bailey
CB: Dunta Robinson
CB: Antrell Rolle
CB: Demarcus Faggins
CB: Phillip Buchanon

FS: Troy Palamalu
FS: Brian Dawkins

SS: Roy Williams
SS: Adam Archuleta

K: Adam Vinatieri

P: Shane Lechler
:redtowel: :cool:

Marcus
10-17-2006, 05:37 PM
My fantasy Texans squad:

LE: Jason Babin :yikes:

CB: Demarcus Faggins :yikes:
CB: Phillip Buchanon . . :yikes:

:rofl:

mexican_texan
10-17-2006, 05:53 PM
My fantasy Texans squad:

LE: Jason Babin

CB: Demarcus Faggins
CB: Phillip Buchanon

:redtowel: :cool:
You're a Cowboy. WTF is up with that list? It's *****ic. No way Chad Stanley is not on there.

edo783
10-17-2006, 08:40 PM
You're a Cowboy. WTF is up with that list? It's *****ic. No way Chad Stanley is not on there.

Beware the wrath of Chad, the Destroyer of Worlds.

sleepwalker
10-17-2006, 10:01 PM
The only thing that could possibly save this running game is if all of our offensive linemen quit or their plane crashed.

That was a bad joke huh...My bad.