PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline

Toan
10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Is there anybody on the trading block that can help us? Or do you think Kubiak just going to stick with this group?

NEROtheZERO
10-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Certainly he will try, that doesn't mean anything will happen though. Due to the nature of the NFL it is a lot tougher to make trades than it is in the NBA or MLB.

I would really like to see us pick up someone to replace Payne and another DB would be fantastic.

2ToneBlue
10-15-2006, 06:19 PM
How about Chris Brown :)

We can afford to give him up now and you want a RB.

Scooter
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM
i HIGHLY doubt we'll be part of any trades, but we need to be. we NEED a veteran presence in our secondary, and we NEED an above average right side offensive lineman. i really cant believe we didnt even attempt ty law because he would be the most ideal player for us, i'd ask KC how attached they are to him and eye vincent if law's not up for grabs. on the offensive line ... i'd trade anyone on our roster for a strong right guard or OT.

TexansSeminole
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Who would we trade away? And who would want those players?

eric138
10-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Culpepper for Carr. Carr would go to Miami to prove that he is the real deal and Culpepper will come to Houston to prove that Carr was the real deal and that the Oline needs some help.

NEROtheZERO
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I heard CP talking about Vincent and said that there are two reason we are not looking at him. 1. Why would Vincent want to come here? He is old and would only want to go tto a wnner. 2. He is old and slow, we already have McCleon, we don't need another dinosaur in the secondary.

I'm not sure that I agree but I understand it.

JDizzle
10-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Culpepper for Carr. Carr would go to Miami to prove that he is the real deal and Culpepper will come to Houston to prove that Carr was the real deal and that the Oline needs some help.

That was funny, I'll give you that. But as far as pass protection goes, we did pretty good today giving up 0 sacks against a decent defense.

Chris Brown for Faldown Dudu.

Texan Ned
10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Is there anybody on the trading block that can help us? Or do you think Kubiak just going to stick with this group?

No runnning game is obviously killing us. IMO, the Texans need help at OL, RB, QB, DL, DB. They are probably only 9-10 starters away from having a good starting lineup.

Aztequila
10-15-2006, 07:12 PM
We should look at Michael Turner, I doubt San Diego wants deal him though. DD going down really screwed up. If we had a running game, though we might not win most of the time, the games would at least stay closer.

IshouldbeGM
10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
would u give up a 2nd for michael turner right now? thats what it would take

hellojohnnyboi
10-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Shoot, after todays game, why not look at Marion Barber III?!?

He is not the number one back in Dallas, but there is not a doubt in my mind he would start here.

Ship an '07 3rd and 7th for him.

He is hard nosed, and he can run like crazy, plus the attitude is something our backfield needs.

tburdette
10-15-2006, 07:28 PM

Yes, there is no hesitation in my mind to give up a second for him. We have made worse trades ( Buchanon ) and this guy is actually good and would help our team out.

Scooter
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM

no. turner alone doesnt turn around our running game because of horrendous blocking, and that pick is probably going to make a big difference next season in either trade or finding a "kubiak" player in the draft. if we were 4-1 and had injuries at runninback, i'd do it ... with our situation it doesnt help us at all.

Dr. Toro
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
As an RFA with the highest tender he'll cost a 1st and 3rd... so for a SB contender to trade that midseason would probably cost us a 2nd plus a 3rd or 4th and a replacement running back. Yes, I believe Turner is worth it. Yes, these things backfire all the time and the guys are often nothing more than glorified backups.

Dr. Toro
10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
They've got Donnie Edwards on the block too... so unless we overpaid for him too, we probably wouldn't get the crown jewel.

Aztequila
Shoot, after todays game, why not look at Ronde Barber III?!?

Watching the game today I was thinking the same thing. Marion Barber III is worth a look at. Its quite disheartening to see the depth other teams have at the position like Dallas, San Diego, and the Giants, and we can't scramble enough together for one solid back. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for A. Peterson.

P.S. I would give a 2ND pick for Michael Burner, I mean Turner.

IshouldbeGM
so you would rather pass up adrian peterson or marshawn lynch in the 1st and get michael turner with our 2nd? michael turner isnt great, however peterson and lynch are! only a great running back can overcome this poor offensive line

run-david-run
10-15-2006, 07:35 PM
its gonna take more then a 2nd round pick for Turner. He is an RFA next season and San Diego is expected to put the highest tender on him (1st and 3rd round pick), which means he is more valuable to them then a second rounder. They are making a Super Bowl run this season and in the next couple will continue to be a force, why would you give up your insurane to LT and a pretty important part of your offense?

Aztequila
10-15-2006, 07:39 PM
its gonna take more then a 2nd round pick for Turner. He is an RFA next season and San Diego is expected to put the highest tender on him (1st and 3rd round pick), which means he is more valuable to them then a second rounder. They are making a Super Bowl run this season and in the next couple will continue to be a force, why would you give up your insurane to LT and a pretty important part of your offense?

Just wishful thinking man...Thats all we can do on the board anyway.

hot pickle
10-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Michael turner for jerome mathis and a 3rd or 4th
Chris Brown for philip buchanan and a 5th

??
what do yall think?

Scooter
10-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Michael turner for jerome mathis and a 3rd or 4th
Chris Brown for philip buchanan and a 5th

??
what do yall think?

after kubiak's great draft this past offseason, i dont trade a first 4 round draft pick unless said player is offensive line or a guaranteed HOF'er.

the p-burnt/brown trade i dont mind however, on the condition we pickup vincent.

Hervoyel
10-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Nate Clements....interesting. He's got some real experience and signing him would give us the veteran opposite Dunta that I think we need. We could then cross starting CB off of our shopping list.

Bet we couldn't afford it.

Scooter
10-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Nate Clements....interesting. He's got some real experience and signing him would give us the veteran opposite Dunta that I think we need. We could then cross starting CB off of our shopping list.

Bet we couldn't afford it.

i'd do just about anything necessary to get him. he's a violent & talented cb, he's experienced, in his prime, with great size, and would accomplish more for us than if we drafted a cb (our second biggest hole) in the first round.

we took a lot of big hits clearing out capers' players, maybe AJ will reply here and let us know if it'd be fiscally possible.

DCSaints_fan
10-15-2006, 09:30 PM
I can't believe no one has brought up T.J. Duckett's name - and Washington is pretty thin on draft picks this year.

gjmac2
10-15-2006, 09:39 PM
We do not need to make the rebuilding process thisis team is going through worse by giving up draft picks for other teams 2nd stringers.

Right now, it looks like we are lookin at a top 3 draft position. I would not give away any draft picks. In fact, if the Texans do end up with a top 3 draft position, they should look to trade down in the 1st round and pick up some extra picks.

JMO. :soapbox:

Mr. White
10-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Drink another Bud Light, Mr. Preposterous Trade Suggestor.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/bryfill/rmog001.jpg

Porky
10-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Rumor has it they are in hot pursuit of Chris Brown or Ladell Betts. I haven't heard Clements name come up, but that would be outstanding if they could pull it off.