PDA

View Full Version : L Johnson 15 yrd penalty / Steelers

eric138
10-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Just wanted to hear everyone else's opinion on the 15 yrd penalty the Chiefs got for Larry J tackling Palamalo (sp?) by the hair.. I see the hair as an extension on the jersey. It is BS that you can grow your hair out and it helps by keeping the tackler from your jersey hole.

Tale Gator
10-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I think because LJ held it after he was down then gave it an extra yank as he walked away.

Scooter
10-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Just wanted to hear everyone else's opinion on the 15 yrd penalty the Chiefs got for Larry J tackling Palamalo (sp?) by the hair.. I see the hair as an extension on the jersey. It is BS that you can grow your hair out and it helps by keeping the tackler from your jersey hole.

i missed the play, but my understanding is that hair is the same as the jersey and there was a rule passed a few years ago that tackling by the hair was legal.

infantrycak
10-15-2006, 06:36 PM
He didn't get penalized for yanking the hair which is perfectly legal--he got penalized for continuing the play out of bounds.

samomin
10-15-2006, 06:37 PM
The announcers said the personal foul was for taunting, not for pulling the hair.