PDA

View Full Version : Michael Turner-RB

Tex-fan0604
10-13-2006, 10:16 PM
What do yall think about trading someone or a pick or two for a good back like Michael Turner?I think he can really do much better than Dayne and Gado.

awtysst
10-13-2006, 10:25 PM
What do yall think about trading someone or a pick or two for a good back like Michael Turner?I think he can really do much better than Dayne and Gado.

No thanks. I think this next draft is gonna be be solid and we cannot keep trading away draft picks. We need a solid saftey and corner, a solid LB, a potential succesor for Moulds, a succesor for Flanigan if Hog doesnt pan out, and a rb would be nice too. We need all our draft picks as we dont have the luxury of trading them away for one or two players.

thunderkyss
10-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Gado has only been here a month... he's got what 12 carries?? & you already want to trade him??

Remember all those arguments y'all made for David?? If Kubiak thinks he's good enough to take us to the Superbowl, then we should give him the benefit of the doubt, wipe his slate clean, and let him play.

Well, Kubiak, who is more successful with making runningbacks than he is making QBs, picked Dayne, Gado, and Lundy to get us through this year. At least give the man a little time to help these running backs be successful.

you gave David 4 years, can you at least give Dayne, Gado, & Lundy just 4 games??

sheesh.......

LORK 88
10-13-2006, 11:51 PM
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=460854#post460854

Check the bottom of the page, I already thought of this. He's a RFA which means we would have to give up quite a bit to get him away from SD. Might be worth it, but so might using a 2nd on a RB like Kenneth Darby.

ArlingtonTexan
10-14-2006, 12:05 AM
From bits and pieces i have gotten from here and there the Chargers are expected fot place the highest RFA tender on Turner which means a 1st and 3rd. While they are probably willing to haggle over the picks I am think that anybody wanting turner will have to give a 1st or some version of a 2nd plus in order to obtain him.

The Texans have too many holes to overpay for a RB. As of week six I would bet that the Texans will sign some Unrestricted FA RB where the "only" worry is money. There is time for Dayne. Gado, Lundy etc to prove something and some guy named Davis, but that may be wishful thinking.

texan279
10-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Gado has only been here a month... he's got what 12 carries?? & you already want to trade him??

Remember all those arguments y'all made for David?? If Kubiak thinks he's good enough to take us to the Superbowl, then we should give him the benefit of the doubt, wipe his slate clean, and let him play.

Well, Kubiak, who is more successful with making runningbacks than he is making QBs, picked Dayne, Gado, and Lundy to get us through this year. At least give the man a little time to help these running backs be successful.

you gave David 4 years, can you at least give Dayne, Gado, & Lundy just 4 games??

sheesh.......

John Elway? Steve Young?

FanFromCali
10-14-2006, 03:47 AM
I agree with the people who have said that we can't give up multiple draft picks for a RB. The team has too many holes to fill in other positions. Dayne, Gado, and Lundy will have to do for this year.

kastofsna
10-14-2006, 09:57 AM
First, San Diego would have to want to trade him, and I don't think they do.
that sums it up.

Paragon Blue
10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Found this on Yahoo.com

Michael Turner, RB, San Diego Chargers
Who he could help: Houston Texans

Like Schaub in Atlanta, Turner won't be in San Diego much longer. And also like Schaub, he's going to draw his team's highest possible tender this offseason as a restricted free agent. Which means he'll likely be back in a San Diego through 2007. But that doesn't mean he won't draw any interest before the trading deadline. Turner has a growing flock of fans throughout the league, who think the powerful back is going to be a star once he moves out of LaDainian Tomlinson's shadow and becomes a starter elsewhere. And the Chargers value him enough to have actively sought ways over the last two seasons to get him more involved in the offense. This year, they're finally doing it.

Whether that means the 24-year old Turner is untouchable is another matter. For a team like the Texans, who are in shambles at the running back spot, acquiring Turner now would mean jumpstarting next season's offensive progression, and forgoing another gamble in the draft. It would also mean getting him before his talents continue to be showcased through the remainder of 2006. The price tag? Few teams are willing to trade a first-round pick for running backs these days, and this probably isn't an exception. It would likely take a package of picks, including a second rounder.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-trades101206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

thunderkyss
10-14-2006, 12:27 PM
John Elway? Steve Young?

Plummer, Griese, Brister, Maddox....

& Elway was Elway before Kubiak put on his coaching hat.

Bubbajwp
10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Most of those guys played better with kubes than without.

run-david-run
10-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, but Reuben Droughns, Mike Andersson, Tatum Bell, Clinton Portis, Terrell Davis...all those guys developed under Kubiak and have had thier best years under his coaching. He has developed more running backs, particularly no-name backs then quarterbacks.

texan279
10-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Plummer, Griese, Brister, Maddox....

& Elway was Elway before Kubiak put on his coaching hat.

Kubiak began as the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach to his former teammate, Elway. Kubiak made an immediate impact as Elway threw for 3,970 yards, the second best mark of his Hall-of-Fame career. Elway increased his touchdown passes from 16 in 1994 to 26 in 1995. During the final four years of his career (1995-98), Elway tossed 101 touchdown passes, second only to Brett Favre in that span.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches_detail.php?PRKey=221

thunderkyss
10-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Kubiak began as the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach to his former teammate, Elway. Kubiak made an immediate impact as Elway threw for 3,970 yards, the second best mark of his Hall-of-Fame career. Elway increased his touchdown passes from 16 in 1994 to 26 in 1995. During the final four years of his career (1995-98), Elway tossed 101 touchdown passes, second only to Brett Favre in that span.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches_detail.php?PRKey=221

you're right, what was I thinking??

Elway was a back up QB at best before Kubiak took over the Denver offense.

texan279
10-14-2006, 04:29 PM
you're right, what was I thinking??

Elway was a back up QB at best before Kubiak took over the Denver offense.

That is not what I said...

thunderkyss
10-14-2006, 04:32 PM
That is not what I said...

So do agree that Elway was pretty Darn good, and an Elite QB in the league before Kubiak was a coach in Denver??

texan279
10-14-2006, 04:41 PM
So do agree that Elway was pretty Darn good, and an Elite QB in the league before Kubiak was a coach in Denver??

Sure he was, but after Kubiak took over as OC, Elway started putting up better numbers, just like Steve Young did being under Kubiak for one season, and just like what Carr has shown us in the first 4 games of the season. Kubiak was OC/QB coach in Denver from 95-02, then from 03-05 he was just the OC. I would think we could attribute Denver's QB's success/failure to Kubiak before their RB's since he was the QB coach for 7 seasons is all I am saying.

Dr. Toro
10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Turner absolutely won't be dealt this year because if LT is hurt they can still get to the SB with him. I doubt they'd let him go after the season for the same reason. He's on pace to rush for 1000 yards, so i doubt he's unhappy. LT gives him GL carries and they have a great relationship, and Turner limits the wear and tear on LT. It's a good deal for everybody, although at some point Turner will want big money. Think of the two like Harrison and Wayne... two #1's.

mexican_texan
10-14-2006, 08:49 PM
MT should be going for 4 years 28 million as soon as he's a free agent.