PDA

View Full Version : Parcells on Mario(again)

MightyTExan
10-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Before training camp, Dallas owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys had defensive end Mario Williams rated at the top of their draft board. Coach Bill Parcells said the Cowboys would have drafted Williams if they had the top pick. Parcells reiterated his feelings Wednesday. "I think I would have, yes," Parcells said about taking Williams with the first pick. "I think quite honestly, you know, I'm a defensive coach at heart. You have to understand that. "He has rare size and speed, and I think he's going to wind up being a very good player."

http://www.benmaller.com/#nfl_rumors_notes

Fascinating.

mexican_texan
10-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Take off the steel blue glasses and this is just as bad as the RB articles.

mexican_texan
10-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Not quite. It is one voice as opposed to a non-stop advertising campaign by ESPN for Bush.
It's hyping players who haven't really done much.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 10:07 PM

"Ooooo.... look at how he cut that back, and made that guy missed, even though he still got hit for a 3 yard loss"

is not the same thing as

"I believe I would have taken him with the #1 overall. The kids got amazing size & speed"

big difference.

mexican_texan
10-12-2006, 10:10 PM
"Ooooo.... look at how he cut that back, and made that guy missed, even though he still got hit for a 3 yard loss"

is not the same thing as

"I believe I would have taken him with the #1 overall. The kids got amazing size & speed"

big difference.
You mean its like apples and oranges? Like comparing a RB to a DE? :)

infantrycak
10-12-2006, 10:21 PM

What is hype about it?--it is one HC (who happens to be the next opponent) saying what he would have done. He doesn't play up anything Mario has done so far--just reiterates a pre-draft opinion.

mexican_texan
10-12-2006, 10:22 PM
What is hype about it?--it is one HC (who happens to be the next opponent) saying what he would have done. He doesn't play up anything Mario has done so far--just reiterates a pre-draft opinion.
Read my third post...

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 10:25 PM
You mean its like apples and oranges? Like comparing a RB to a DE? :)

No, I mean any reference to Steel Blue glasses & Parcells remarks about Mario is ridiculous Reggie man love.

infantrycak
10-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Read my third post...

So what's your point? They shouldn't be compared but you decided to inject the comparison anyway? Why did you need to inject RB into this thread at all?

mexican_texan
10-12-2006, 10:26 PM
So what's your point? They shouldn't be compared but you decided to inject the comparison anyway? Why did you need to inject RB into this thread at all?
That's what the article is about. RB isn't mentioned, but implied.

infantrycak
10-12-2006, 10:29 PM

No there is no mention or implication--you just decided to stick in RB needlessly. Here is everything stated:

Parcells high on DE
Before training camp, Dallas owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys had defensive end Mario Williams rated at the top of their draft board. Coach Bill Parcells said the Cowboys would have drafted Williams if they had the top pick.

Parcells reiterated his feelings Wednesday.

"I think I would have, yes," Parcells said about taking Williams with the first pick. "I think quite honestly, you know, I'm a defensive coach at heart. You have to understand that.

"He has rare size and speed, and I think he's going to wind up being a very good player."

I guess it is an implied comparison to VY also?--not.

mexican_texan
10-12-2006, 10:32 PM
No there is no mention or implication--you just decided to stick in RB needlessly. Here is everything stated:

I guess it is an implied comparison to VY also?--not.
It's about passing Bush and Young for Mario. It even mentions the draft...

infantrycak
10-12-2006, 10:36 PM
It even mentions the draft...

Oh my god--a question about a draft pick involved the draft. It must have implicitly required invoking other draft possibilities not mentioned and a lame attempt to claim it was hype on par with what any unnamed draft picks might have received. Whatever.

wicked_wayz
10-13-2006, 06:22 AM

NO its not!!!!! show me where RB is mentioned

TK_Gamer
10-13-2006, 08:59 AM
It's about passing Bush and Young for Mario. It even mentions the draft...

wow that is really reaching. so who did you want instead of mario? you obvbiously have some issues shading YOUR glasses.

real
10-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Take off the steel blue glasses and this is just as bad as the RB articles.

I don't get what the argument is....Mexican T. are you saying that Parcells is doing the same thing for Mario that the media is doing for RB ???

If so....

That doesn't make a lick of sense....

What would be his motives????

mexican_texan
10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't get what the argument is....Mexican T. are you saying that Parcells is doing the same thing for Mario that the media is doing for RB ???

If so....

That doesn't make a lick of sense....

What would be his motives????
I don't get it either...I think I posted in the wrong thread last night.

real
10-13-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't get it either...I think I posted in the wrong thread last night.

:rolleyes:

mexican_texan
10-13-2006, 10:22 AM
:rolleyes:
It seems all my troubles last night were in vain. My physics teacher quit.

sleepwalker
10-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I think this is a good post!!!

Parecell is one of the elite coaches in this league and to have him support the move for Mario is very encouraging.

nunusguy
10-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Are we back to discussing the famous Draft of 2006 ? If so, here's my 2 cents
worth now that we have all had a chance to see the primary participants at the top of the 2006 Draft play for real in the NFL.
Neither Reggie Bush or Mario Williams should have been taken #1. Not by us, but by trading for our pick the #1 should have been used on Vince Young, Matt Leinert, or Jay Cutler. QBs, especially talented QBs with the kind of potential these guys have, are the only players worthy of #1 overall in the NFL Draft.

Runner
10-13-2006, 02:01 PM
worth now that we have all had a chance to see the primary participants at the top of the 2006 Draft play for real in the NFL.
Neither Reggie Bush or Mario Williams should have been taken #1. Not by us, but by trading for our pick the #1 should have been used on Vince Young, Matt Leinert, or Jay Cutler. QBs, especially talented QBs with the kind of potential these guys have, are the only players worthy of #1 overall in the NFL Draft.

Heck - I don't think any player is worth the first pick money these guys get before they prove anything in the pros.

If I recall correctly, the Vikings didn't make a pick one year in their alotted time because they weren't ready; after their time was up the next team made a pick and then the Vikings made theirs.

Maybe that is what we should do - just let time expire until we get down in the draft a little, pick a mid-first rounder (who is almost as likely as a top pick to be successful) and save a boatload of cash. :)

Vambo, the Marble Eye
10-13-2006, 02:55 PM

We already have a number 1 draft choice playing quarterback.