PDA

View Full Version : Your NFL power rankings?

TexanSam
10-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Just list your top 5 or 10 or however many teams you want in order from best to worst. It'll be interesting too see who you guys have as the top teams in the league. Heck, do the 5 worst teams also if you want.

My top 10:

1. Chicago
2. San Diego
3. Indianapolis
4. Philadelphia
5. New England
6. Cincinnati
7. Baltimore
8. Denver
9. Jacksonville
10. Atlanta

My bottom 5, from bad to worst:

1. Miami
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Tennessee
5. Oakland

Scooter
10-13-2006, 03:02 AM
1. Chicago ... they havent been beating teams, they're obliterating them ... a real chance to be something special if they can keep from looking past miami
2. Baltimore ... if mcnair settles in, give the ravens their 07 superbowl rings
3. San Diego ... rivers is looking good and they've got the number 1 defense
4. Denver ... incredible defense and that offense is too good to stay dormant ... when jake plummer stops looking over his shoulder and starts playing, they're back in the AFC championship game.
5. Indianapolis ... terrible on defense and despite being 5-0, look very vulnerable
6. Philadelphia ... a return to form with mcnabb & that defense healthy, a powerhouse that will probably be in the superbowl
7. New England ... not their former selves, but still an automatic playoff team.
8. Cincinnati ... being the crime capitol of football and losing odell has really hurt this team, but they're too talented to look past
9. Seattle ... not the same team without alexander, but an automatic playoff team.
10. Pittsburgh ... although probably not deserving, it's going to take more than a slow start and a bruised qb for me to leave the defending champs off of this list.

28. Miami ... if culpepper gets healthy, they might actually win a few games late in the season
29. San Francisco ... unless montana makes a return, they look to be bad for another decade.
30. Tennessee ... after nearly knocking down the colts, have moved up a spot.
31. Detroit ... it's detroit.
32. Oakland ... the texans werent even this bad last year. wow.

wicked_wayz
10-13-2006, 06:38 AM
My top 10:

1. Chicago
2. Baltimore
3. San Diego
4.Indianapolis
5. Philadelphia
6. Cincinnati
7. Denver
8.Atlanta
9. Jacksonville
10.new england

My bottom 5, from bad to worst:

1. houston
2. tampa bay
3. Tennessee
4.san francisco
5. Oakland[/QUOTE]

detroit ant in my bottom five cause they look better than us, apart from one game the games they lose are games they cudve won......we're ranked last in total defence and near the bottom in offence so to be fair i put us in the worse five teams list

Scooter
10-13-2006, 07:09 AM
detroit ant in my bottom five cause they look better than us, apart from one game the games they lose are games they cudve won......we're ranked last in total defence and near the bottom in offence so to be fair i put us in the worse five teams list

miami squeeked out their only win against your #30 team, but lost to the texans. how are they not in your worst but the texans are despite their schedule (playing 2 of your top 5's)? and, detroit is 0-5 ... "almost winning" doesnt count in football.

thunderkyss
10-13-2006, 08:43 AM
1. Indy. Defense looks suspect but it's the Colts, they'll figure it out
2. SanDiego...... Drew who??
3. NewEngland.... They got JabarGafney
4. Denver..... 4-1 with a banged up scared QB... that's tough.
5. Philly... Offense looks good, but they haven't played a real defense yet.
6. Chicago.. Seattle has been their only real game, and they killed them. but Seattle has problems of their own.
7. Baltimore.... When(not if) the O starts clicking, they'll jump way up on this list.
8. NewOrleans.... wins are wins.. & they've got the 3rd or 4th best PR in the league.
9. Seattle.... Maybe the best coached team in the league.
10. St.Louis.. I don't like them... but they win football games.

28.NYGiants...... yep, I said it
29.GBPackers..... they're giving games away up there.
30.Detroit... all the talent that team had left for Miami.
31.Arizona... At least their uniforms look cool.
32.Oakland... it's a managment problem

TampaBay doesn't belong on the worst list, not by a longshot. They got beat by Baltimore, then Atlanta, then Carolina, & N.O. Our schedule has been a cakewalk in comparison. Now they get Ciny then Philly.. with their back up QB from Toledo?? If they had Chicago's Schedule, or Philly's they'd be 3-1 right now.

kastofsna
10-13-2006, 09:55 AM
1: indianpolis - despite the close games, i think they could beat any other team in the league. including the bears.
2: chicago - easily the best team in the NFC. not even close.
3: san diego - rivers is great. the defense is great.
4: philadelphia - mcnabb is playing like an MVP.
5: denver - excellent defense. plummer blows, but it hasn't hurt them yet.
6: new england - miami shut down their running game, but brady is still the best player in the NFL.
7: seattle - blown out by the bears, but they'll recover
8: jacksonville - just completely destroyed the jets.
9: baltimore - offense is struggling, but defense is still excellent.
10: carolina - they're going to be ranked higher and higher as the season goes.
11: new york giants - this locker room cancer crap seems like just a bunch of talk.
12: dallas - if bledsoe can stop sucking this team will start winning. the defense is too good.

32: oakland - honestly the worst team i've ever seen. they lose with CONVICTION each week to BAD teams. it's amazing to watch.
31: tennessee - fisher will sadly get the axe after this year. bud will bring in someone who wasn't opposed to the vince young pick, i.e. an *****.
30: detroit - finding new ways to lose each week. it's too bad, because marinelli is an excellent coach.
29: tampa bay - the 2006 bucs are the definition of "rebuilding." rookie QB, rookie offensive linemen, 2nd year RB, etc etc. the worst players on defense right now are the safeties who are both young. and boy they suck.
28: arizona - one of the worst offensive lines in the league. edge is complaining about not getting enough carries despite getting far more carries than he deserves based on his production behind that line.

J-Storm
10-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Top 7:
1. Chicago
2. Philadelphia
3. Indianapolis
4. Denver
5. New England
6. Baltimore
7. San Diego

Worst 5:
28. Tennessee
29. Cleveland
30. Detroit
31. Miami
32. Oakland

HOU-TEX
10-13-2006, 01:10 PM
TampaBay doesn't belong on the worst list, not by a longshot. They got beat by Baltimore, then Atlanta, then Carolina, & N.O. Our schedule has been a cakewalk in comparison. Now they get Ciny then Philly.. with their back up QB from Toledo?? If they had Chicago's Schedule, or Philly's they'd be 3-1 right now.

I agree. I think Gradkowski's going to do much better than Simms did. I would be surprised if Simms came back as the starter.

TexanSam
10-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Why is Tampa Bay not on your worst list?

I don't think Tampa Bay is worse than any of those bottom five teams I had. They are better than they have shown. I almost put Tampa in instead of Miami, but I ultimately thought Miami was worse.

kastofsna
10-13-2006, 06:21 PM
i don't really care who tampa has played, the fact is that they suck. their defense is the worst it's been since the pre-dungy days. there is no running game. the defensive line is a joke; booger mcfarland and chris hovan have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this year. i mean...NOTHING. no pass rush, no run stopping...NOTHING. ronde barber has looked like an amateur. gotten tons of penalties, too. just because gradkowski had a good game doesn't mean they're not bad all around.