PDA

View Full Version : Faggins

staind755
10-12-2006, 02:54 PM
I read Faggins was 100% healthy and practicing. I'd assume he would get some P.T this Sunday.. I wonder if even a start. Does anyone know anything?

whiskeyrbl
10-12-2006, 03:00 PM
If he does will he be an improvement? Being on the shelf this long there will definitely be rust and Glenn and T.O. will exploit that given a chance. I hope he is ready,because we definitely need the help. Any word yet on Mathis?

TEXANS84
10-12-2006, 04:33 PM
So I assume he's a go this weekend with Kubiak's comments:

(on new injuries or updates) “No, everybody’s back out here. (C Mike) Flanagan is full speed today; (CB) Petey (Faggins) was full speed today, so we’re 100% ready to go. (T) Ephraim (Salaam) was back working today, so we should be fine the rest of this week.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2973&section=N%20Latest%20News

AggieTexanFan
10-12-2006, 04:52 PM
That's what i was wondering as well

HOU-TEX
10-12-2006, 05:10 PM
So I assume he's a go this weekend with Kubiak's comments:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2973&section=N%20Latest%20News

I saw that as well. This is what he said the other day.

(on LB Kailee Wong and WR Jerome Mathis) “They’re still out. I expect Kailee to be back against Jacksonville. Everything says we expect him to be back. CB Petey (Demarcus Faggins) is shooting for that game, we’ll have to wait and see. But he’s definitely running well and ran well during the by weekend and we’ll wait and see. And I think Mathis is a few weeks back behind these guys.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2964&section=N%20Latest%20News

Reddevil63
10-12-2006, 08:46 PM
I saw that as well. This is what he said the other day.

(on LB Kailee Wong and WR Jerome Mathis) “They’re still out. I expect Kailee to be back against Jacksonville. Everything says we expect him to be back. CB Petey (Demarcus Faggins) is shooting for that game, we’ll have to wait and see. But he’s definitely running well and ran well during the by weekend and we’ll wait and see. And I think Mathis is a few weeks back behind these guys.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2964&section=N%20Latest%20News
TEXAN84's link is 3 days newer so it looks like Faggins will be back for Dallas.

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Good news all around.

YoungTexanFan
10-13-2006, 12:48 AM
He was no improvement at any time when he has been healthy before, what could possibly lead anyone to believe he will be productive or even better than Lewis Sanders? Faggins is one of our most overrated players and would not start for any other NFL team.

Kaiser Toro
10-13-2006, 06:35 AM
He was no improvement at any time when he has been healthy before, what could possibly lead anyone to believe he will be productive or even better than Lewis Sanders? Faggins is one of our most overrated players and would not start for any other NFL team.

He is an adequate nickel back. I do not think we have anything in the secondary that could be labeled as adequate at the moment. I think your opinion is only based on your perception. I have not seen anyone over rating him as a shut down corner or even a serviceable starting corner.

aj.
10-13-2006, 08:07 AM
... what could possibly lead anyone to believe he will be productive or even better than Lewis Sanders? .

Maybe because he was always ahead of Sanders on the depth chart (the pecking order determined by coaches - not message board posters) when he was healthy.

I think your opinion is only based on your perception

And yours is based on....?

Kaiser Toro
10-13-2006, 08:39 AM
And yours is based on....?

My perception is based on the member commenting about him being overrated as a starting corner. Please correct me if I am wrong if we should be judging him as a starting corner and not a nickel back.

TK_Gamer
10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
faggins is a good tackler, alot of heart and a decent nickel, I'm more interested if buchannon is gonna play or just return punts again.

DRIFTAWAY
10-13-2006, 10:06 AM
nice to read flanagans back

texasguy346
10-13-2006, 10:13 AM
No doubt that having Faggins back will be an improvement for the secondary. His coverage ability is far better than what we get from McCleon, and we'll need all the help we can get this Sunday. I'd like to see Faggins & Buchanon get more time than McCleon when the Cowboys go with 3 or 4 wideouts.

HOU-TEX
10-13-2006, 10:21 AM
No doubt that having Faggins back will be an improvement for the secondary. His coverage ability is far better than what we get from McCleon, and we'll need all the help we can get this Sunday. I'd like to see Faggins & Buchanon get more time than McCleon when the Cowboys go with 3 or 4 wideouts.

He's coming back next week, as said by Kubiak.

(on CB Demarcus Faggins’ status) “He’s doing really, really well. I would say I’d be disappointed if he doesn’t play next week. Right now I would say he would definitely be ready to go next week.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2980&section=N%20Latest%20News

Farmer Bernie
10-13-2006, 10:41 AM
He is listed at OUT in the injury report.

powerfuldragon
10-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Today's chronicle restated the fact that the Texans are looking for him to start against the Jags.

FILO_girl
10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Texans | Faggins to return Week 7
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:38:21 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans CB Demarcus Faggins (foot) is expected to return for the team's Week 7 game, according to head coach Gary Kubiak.

KFFL says he will be out a couple more games.

aj.
10-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Confirming the confirmation of the confirmation of the confirmation...and reporting what the reporter said about what the other reporter said, Petey will be back soon.

Week 7 is next week btw (Jax).

TexanFanInCC
10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
whats the word on kailee wong?

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-14-2006, 01:20 PM
You guys need to read up on the PUP list guidelines. Petey couldn't play this week even if he is ready to go.

South Texan
10-14-2006, 01:28 PM
When Wong comes back, what LB spot will he be at? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-14-2006, 01:30 PM
When Wong comes back, what LB spot will he be at? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

that is a hard call. It might interesting to see what Demeco looks like on the outside.

aj.
10-14-2006, 01:58 PM
You guys need to read up on the PUP list guidelines. Petey couldn't play this week even if he is ready to go.

Petey's not on the PUP because, unlike Wong and Mathis, he wasn't eligible for the PUP (he was healthy entering camp). The choices for guys like Petey are IR (which was never a consideration in his case) or carry him on the 53 until he's healthy (which they've done since Week 1).

infantrycak
10-15-2006, 11:15 AM
that is a hard call. It might interesting to see what Demeco looks like on the outside.

Not really a hard call--Wong will be competing at SLB.

Horse's mouth:

(on whether Wong would play SLB) “Yeah, that’s his spot.”

Folks--DeMeco has looked very good, like defensive rookie of the year good at MLB plus he likes it there. Let's stop worrying about draft sites that said he should be OLB and watch him excel where he is.