PDA

View Full Version : Has Dallas already won?

Ibar_Harry
10-12-2006, 11:52 AM
If you listen to Kubiak talk is all he says is that you can't do this and you can't do that against Dallas. Have they already dictated what we can do? I'm sorry, but I'm more of the Lombardi type in that you do what you do best and make the other team prove they can stop it. If we run the plays the way we are suppose to - No i didn't use the word - you should be able to make them work.

I, remember the days of Wooden and basketball, he simply did not scout the other teams. He played his game and said "bring it on". I'm not saying don't be aware of strengths and weaknesses, but you have to play your game and do what you do best. You can't let the other team dictate the way you play your game. You want to dictate how they play their game.

Rightnow
10-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Everybody in the media that I have heard and read is saying that Dallas is going to win, and win big.

I think Kubiak is just giving them their due. Dallas is a good but not great team this year that can be a playoff contender.

That being said, there is a reason why the games are played and an unfortunate turnover or some heroic play on the part of the Texans can bring a win. I think that McClain is right that this game is on Carr. The running game will continue to struggle barring a breakout performance and the passing game will be key. If Carr has a fantastic game I think we can win.

TransplantTexan1
10-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Everybody in the media that I have heard and read is saying that Dallas is going to win, and win big.

I think Kubiak is just giving them their due. Dallas is a good but not great team this year that can be a playoff contender.

That being said, there is a reason why the games are played and an unfortunate turnover or some heroic play on the part of the Texans can bring a win. I think that McClain is right that this game is on Carr. The running game will continue to struggle barring a breakout performance and the passing game will be key. If Carr has a fantastic game I think we can win.

We have definitely got to take advantage of their secondary. I think it's the weak link of their defense. Defensively, we've gotta get in the backfield and hound Bledsoe. Yeah, we'll give up some pass plays but we also have to force some mistakes and get some sacks. I don't care how you scheme to do just so long as you do it.

Ibar_Harry
10-12-2006, 12:03 PM

Yep, we want them to fear our passing game as that is what we do best right now. If that happens then the running game will be effective. My main point is that we want to make them to adjust to us not the other way around. We want to take them out of their game plan. That is the best way to beat Parcells. He is hard nose and doesn't like to change.

TexansLucky13
10-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Yep, we want them to fear our passing game as that is what we do best right now. If that happens then the running game will be effective. My main point is that we want to make them to adjust to us not the other way around. We want to take them out of their game plan. That is the best way to beat Parcells. He is hard nose and doesn't like to change.

Exactly. We HAVE to set the tone for the game. If we walk in there with the "we can't win this game" attitude, then they have already won! The guys have to feel like there is a chance (and there is a chance, more than people think).

:redtowel:

HOU-TEX
10-12-2006, 12:18 PM

I think this game is on the defense. If they can't get off the field, Carr nor anyone else on offense will be effective. We can't keep up with them scoring wise if the D plays like they did the first 3 games.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I think this game is on the defense. If they can't get off the field, Carr nor anyone else on offense will be effective. We can't keep up with them scoring wise if the D plays like they did the first 3 games.

and if we continue to play like we have offensively for the last 4 games, scoring on 3 of 7 possessions, or 3 of 8........ no way we can match them in points, regardless what the defense does.

Double Barrel
10-12-2006, 12:33 PM
You want to dictate how they play their game.

If you're a good team, you can do that. But we are simply not a good team right now.

We only do one thing good - passing the ball. Our running game is weak, at best. And our defense has yet to play well against a solid team this year (sorry, Miami is in a sorrier state that we are and cannot be considered a 'solid team' at the moment).

Lombardisms only apply when you've got something to work with. Right now, our team is definitely a "work in progress", no matter how you slice and dice it.

Mr teX
10-12-2006, 12:34 PM
If you listen to Kubiak talk is all he says is that you can't do this and you can't do that against Dallas. Have they already dictated what we can do? I'm sorry, but I'm more of the Lombardi type in that you do what you do best and make the other team prove they can stop it. If we run the plays the way we are suppose to - No i didn't use the word - you should be able to make them work.

I, remember the days of Wooden and basketball, he simply did not scout the other teams. He played his game and said "bring it on". I'm not saying don't be aware of strengths and weaknesses, but you have to play your game and do what you do best. You can't let the other team dictate the way you play your game. You want to dictate how they play their game.

No, He's just trying to give them their props without giving them any bulletin board material. As for the wooden reference, yeah that works when you've got superior talent, which the texans do not. But at the same time, Any given Sunday. yeah it's a cliche, but it's true. How many people thought what you're saying about Ten/Indy this past weekend? 2002 Texans/Cowboys? or even Pats/Rams in the superbowl?

powerfuldragon
10-12-2006, 12:42 PM
We just need to execute.

nunusguy
10-12-2006, 12:45 PM
I would give us a real chance to win the game if it were being played here in
Reliant Stadium. But not up in Texas Stadium in Irving. Get real ! We are a
brutal, brutal road team playing in a tough environment agaisnt a team that has superior personel. Just hope we don't incur any serious injuries.
I give us a chance a week from Sunday in Reliant against the Jags. But not this Sunday. Get real !

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2006, 12:57 PM
No, He's just trying to give them their props without giving them any bulletin board material. As for the wooden reference, yeah that works when you've got superior talent, which the texans do not. But at the same time, Any given Sunday. yeah it's a cliche, but it's true. How many people thought what you're saying about Ten/Indy this past weekend? 2002 Texans/Cowboys? or even Pats/Rams in the superbowl?

Thank you for sparing me the time to reply to that.

Battle Red Flash
10-12-2006, 01:00 PM
If you listen to Kubiak talk is all he says is that you can't do this and you can't do that against Dallas. Have they already dictated what we can do?

He's just pulling a Lou Holtz. If you remember Lou, every team he ever played was as good as the '71 Huskers. Kubes is just over-complementing Dallas so's not to give them bulletin board material.

infantrycak
10-12-2006, 01:02 PM
We are a
brutal, brutal road team

Where does this stuff come from? We have been a brutal team period. Over the 1st three seasons the Texans' wins came exactly 50% at home and 50% on the road. Last year a whopping 100% were at home for both wins. Otherwise there is no great distinction in the Texans home vs. away record.

TEXANRED
10-12-2006, 01:09 PM
brutal, brutal road team playing in a tough environment agaisnt a team that has superior personel. Just hope we don't incur any serious injuries.
I give us a chance a week from Sunday in Reliant against the Jags. But not this Sunday. Get real !

You get real. I prefer to live in a fantasy world where the Texans aren't on a 5th straight year of building.(Notice I said building and not rebuilding, have to have something built first.) McClain was right about something yesterday, if the Texans can pull off a victory we should be able to take that momentum into next weeks game and beat the Jags, getting us right back into the season for any kind of playoff race at 3-3.

This game is bigger than just Cowboys and Texans, its the swing point in the season, we win, we are still alive. We lose, we are jockeying for position in next years draft.

This game is squarely on Carr's shoulders. He has to know that, he has to except the fact we will not have a running game to support him and he needs to be the franchise QB many of us have defended and even argued over.

I will also disagree that if we lose this game we still have a chance next week to win. We lose this game and we may not win another game until we play the Raiders, or worse, Cleveland.

Any given Sunday.

hollywood_texan
10-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Dallas probably has already won. I think the bigger question is how many more games the Texans are going to win for the remainder of the season? It's reasonable that it could be zero.

They should win at least four more games coming from playing the Titans twice, Bills, Raiders, Browns, or Jets. Those are the games I am really going to be looking at for improvement and does this squad have what it takes as a team to win games that have a reasonable shot at winning.

Back to the Dallas game, you can put all the pressure on the defense, but the offense is only good for about 17 points regardless of what the defense does. I think the better the defense plays and holds an opponent to a lower score, you are going to see a lot more pressure by defenses on the Texans offense. Let's remember this, this is an offense that didn't run the two minute drill in the second half against Miami and couldn't sustain a drive in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left to preserve a lead. Not to mention only had 3 points through 3 quarters of play in the Miami game. That is not a good sign. The offense will have a good drive or two in a game and that is it.

Look at it this way, if the defense stops only two drives a game, they played lousy. Some of you guys are saying that an offense having only two drives a game is great, I say that by the way some people are talking about Carr's performance the first 4 games. It doesn't make sense. Both sides of the ball need to play an entire four quarters. Probably only the defense has played an entire 4 quarters this year against the Dolphins, but their offense is pretty bad which makes that analysis suspect.

Bottom line, the offensive and defensive sides of the ball are not doing either side any favors.

I have said this many times, I am skeptical of the offense and mortified by the defense.

I hope the Dallas game is close and low scoring, because I want to see how this offense performs and if the passing game is really as good as some people think it is.

dat_boy_yec
10-12-2006, 01:25 PM
I dunno, I haven't heard what Kubiak was talking about. However adjusting to the other team while we are in a re-structuring mode is no good. I mean we did that with Indy and look what that got us. We gotta be able to be efficient with what we do and we gain confidence by seeing what we do work. If you change your gameplan noticeably every week how can you expect your players to become confident. Your basically telling them they can't do there job so we're gonna try to compensate by changing your job. I know Kubiak is trying his best to do well, but sometimes you just gotta question some of his tactics. Hopefully we're ready for the Cowgirls when we go there.

Double Barrel
10-12-2006, 01:25 PM
You get real. I prefer to live in a fantasy world where the Texans aren't on a 5th straight year of building.(Notice I said building and not rebuilding, have to have something built first.) McClain was right about something yesterday, if the Texans can pull off a victory we should be able to take that momentum into next weeks game and beat the Jags, getting us right back into the season for any kind of playoff race at 3-3.

Playoffs?! Bro', seriously, drugs are bad, mmm'kay. :shades:

Our lack of defense and a running game will prevent us from even being a .500 team this year. Playoffs are simply out of the question.

Texans Horror
10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Too many times a player/coach in an interview leading up to a game unknowingly says something incendiary that infuriates the opposing team and gives them something to fight for. The good coaches can give their respect to every team without belittling themselves. Coach K is doing the right thing, but as a young head coach, I think he still needs to work on his interview skills to make sure that he doesn't sound disparaging to his own team.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 02:05 PM
we should be able to take that momentum into next weeks game and beat the Jags, getting us right back into the season for any kind of playoff race at 3-3.

So you do think the Play-offs are a possiblity this year........ shew. I thought I was the only one.

Mr teX
10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
This game is bigger than just Cowboys and Texans, its the swing point in the season, we win, we are still alive. We lose, we are jockeying for position in next years draft.

This game is squarely on Carr's shoulders. He has to know that, he has to except the fact we will not have a running game to support him and he needs to be the franchise QB many of us have defended and even argued over.

I will also disagree that if we lose this game we still have a chance next week to win. We lose this game and we may not win another game until we play the Raiders, or worse, Cleveland.

Any given Sunday.

In Jim Mora Sr. Voice: Playoffs?.................. Playoffs?

Second Honeymoon
10-12-2006, 03:03 PM
The big game on Sunday is going to be about intensity. If the Texans come in with a chip on their shoulder and play like they want it, they could come away with another big W versus big D. If the Texans come out flat, the Cowboys could run them out of the building and take out their frustrations on Carr and Co. Nobody wants to see that.

It should also benefit the Texans that they have had two weeks to prepare and that the Cowboys are coming off a demoralizing defeat last week.

Hopefully Carr continues to slow his game down and show composure and hopefully the defense can step up to the challenge. If the Texans can get a bit of production out of all 3 parts of the team, they can do it.

Yooo Keeen Dew Eeeet, Texans!!

Doug ftw

P.S. This is not a rivalry game. A rivalry would involve a history spanning multiple games.

That being said, if the Texans do get a win versus Dallas, this would effectively hose Dallas' playoff chances and start huge drama from TO. At this point, you could start talking about sowing the seeds of a true rivalry, one that was born of a storied history and not solely on map proximity or blind hatred for the city of Dallas.

Texans_Chick
10-12-2006, 03:12 PM
If you're a good team, you can do that. But we are simply not a good team right now.

We only do one thing good - passing the ball. Our running game is weak, at best. And our defense has yet to play well against a solid team this year (sorry, Miami is in a sorrier state that we are and cannot be considered a 'solid team' at the moment).

Lombardisms only apply when you've got something to work with. Right now, our team is definitely a "work in progress", no matter how you slice and dice it.

So far this season, the Texans are 5th lowest in penalties made.

Also, Texans special teams are much better than the Cowboys:

Football Outsiders link (http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst.php)

Read the FootballOutsider's discussion of the Cowboy-Eagles game (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/10/09/ramblings/audibles/4355/), esp. regarding their longsnapper.

The best thing that the Cowboys could do is to take a page outta the Redskin playbook and do those dump off passes and keep running the ball. The only time the Texans have stopped the run was against the Dolphins, and they can't run against anyone.

To me, the game is all about what Texans defense shows up. They need to just make sure the game doesn't get outta hand, and the Texans offense can't give up the ball with stupid stuff. Easier said than done.

Bledsoe talks about this "changed personality" in the press conference (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2972&section=N%20Latest%20News):

(on Texans’ defense) “Well they changed their personality some against the Dolphins. They decided they were going to come out and blitz the Dolphins a bunch on over half the snaps in the game. They brought some sort of pressure, either with the linebacker blitz or safety blitz. That combined with the trouble that we had against the Eagles in handling some of their pressure we’re need to believe that they’re probably going to come after us this game and make us prove that we can deal with their pressure defense. So that’s our big focus going into this week is being able to handle the blitzes and the pressures when they come.”

(on changes to prepare for blitzing) “Well the big thing that we have to do is be able to communicate things better than we did against the Eagles. We have rules in all of our protections that allow us to handle and deal with all the different pressures. We just have to be more consistent doing that.”

If the Texans bring it, anything can happen.

cuppacoffee
10-12-2006, 03:30 PM
It should also benefit the Texans that they have had two weeks to prepare and that the Cowboys are coming off a demoralizing defeat last week.

I thought the same thing when I saw dullas was scheduled after the bye week.

Kubes and assistants may have had an extra week to review things, but the team was given the week off. :confused:

Not much time to implement any changes that the coaches might have seen in game film.

But this from a guy who is not much on X & O's. Maybe an extra week of practice wouldn't help anything.. idonno:

JMHO though.

:coffee:

run-david-run
10-12-2006, 03:34 PM
I think we should accept the fact we are not going to win this game 9-6 and come out with a shoot out mentality. Hurry up offense, surprise onside kicks, going for it on 4th and 2, aggresive blitz, attempted punt blocks, etc. We dont have the talent to match up to Dallas, esspecially on defense and the worst thing that can happen, in my eyes, is for us to give up those 7 and 8 minute drives that result in TD's, drain all the energy and belife from our D AND take time away from the offense. Basically, just come out swinging and play this game like we are two scores behind from the get-go, because chances are if we pound Ron Dayne off the left side over and over again and rely on front 4 for pressure, we will end up down by two scores.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Kubes and assistants may have had an extra week to review things, but the team was given the week off. :confused:

Not much time to implement any changes that the coaches might have seen in game film.

JMHO though.

:coffee:

Normally, they don't start preparing for next weeks game until Wednesday. The team started preparing for the Cowboys on Monday.

Dallas is still going over the Philly game.

PapaL
10-12-2006, 04:46 PM

Where does this stuff come from? We have been a brutal team period. Over the 1st three seasons the Texans' wins came exactly 50% at home and 50% on the road. Last year a whopping 100% were at home for both wins. Otherwise there is no great distinction in the Texans home vs. away record.

Lets add that we have won road games in more hostile environments, Arrow Head Stadium, and at least equally as hostile Miami. If you can into ArrowHead and win, no other stadium is going to scare you in this league.

GuerillaBlack
10-12-2006, 04:48 PM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9894/scoreboardij9.jpg

Double Barrel
10-12-2006, 05:53 PM
To me, the game is all about what Texans defense shows up.

To me, the game is all about if the Texans defense shows up. I have a hard time admitting we had a D in the first three games. Those were just brutal fugly.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 06:23 PM
To me, the game is all about if the Texans defense shows up. I have a hard time admitting we had a D in the first three games. Those were just brutal fugly.

OUr D looked just like Dallas' D against Philly.... looks like a wash to me.

TEXANRED
10-12-2006, 06:38 PM
In Jim Mora Sr. Voice: Playoffs?.................. Playoffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

No matter how many times I watch it, it just keeps gettin funnier, every time I see it!

TEXANRED
10-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Playoffs?! Bro', seriously, drugs are bad, mmm'kay. :shades:

Our lack of defense and a running game will prevent us from even being a .500 team this year. Playoffs are simply out of the question.

Drugs are bad but they dull the pain of another losing season. Seriously, do you season ticket holders get a prescription for vicodien when your season tickets arrive, or do you get a free pass to the bar?:)

Playoffs could still happen, its only week 5. Cowboys only have one more win than us. We are better than the Titans. There are some positives here. Its not over yet.

The Raiders made it to a Super bowl with a pass happy offense and sub par D.

Chicago was the worst team in the league three years ago and went to the playoffs last year and won there division and look like a Super bowl team this year.

It could happen.:pigfly:

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 06:55 PM
OUr D looked just like Dallas' D against Philly.... looks like a wash to me.

The enemy is amoung us fellas...... this post has also made it to the Dallas Board. They say it isn't a rivalry, they say they don't care....... they sure as heck act like they care.

Anyhoo, here's my latest post on their forum.......

lol okay on the same token here you guys let a guy, Donte Stallworth, who up till the game he played versus your team had pretty much been a bust his whole career, pop off for 124 yards on 4 catches and 1 TD....in the first half!!!!

he ended up with a career high 6 catches and 141 yards. Oh ya and just to point out you guys gave up 5 sacks. Believe me if you guys had even put up a fight in the 2nd half the sack total would have been more than that.

Tell me who is Hank Basket, or Eddie Haskle, or whatever that guys name is. Dude avg'd 37 yards against you. 37 yards. You made him look like RandyFreak'nMoss...

LJ Smith, at least we made him work, You gave him 63 yards on 2 catches. that is 31.5 yards per catch.

ReggieBrown against Houston..... 2 catches, 20 yards. avg 10 yards/catch
ReggieBrown against Dallas.... 4 catches, 79 yards, avg 19.8(that's almost 20)yards/catch.

GregLewis, 3 for 24 against us, 2 for 32 against you.. again, if you round off, that's 20 yards/catch.

Westbrook did get us, but he was healthy when we played him. He'd been soaking his knees in Ice since Sept10 by the time you saw him....

HowBoutThemCowboys!
10-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Funny how you forget to mention the Skins...

vs. Texans- Brunell has career day, at one point throwing 20 for 20. Ends the way at an 88% completion percantage.

vs. Cowboys-- Sacked 6 times, accumulates 3 points of total offense, 50% completion rate.

powerfuldragon
10-12-2006, 08:19 PM

vs. Texans- Brunell has career day, at one point throwing 20 for 20. Ends the way at an 88% completion percantage.

vs. Cowboys-- Sacked 6 times, accumulates 3 points of total offense, 50% completion rate.
Funny how you forgot to mention Clinton Portis.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 08:46 PM

did I mention Stallworth wasn't even in that Philly game, and the 'Boys still gave up 38 points??

I mean I know the yards & all that crap don't matter, but 38 points... wow.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
10-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah, 38 points wow... you do realize any offense in the NFL could rack up 38 points with the positions they started out with?

10 points was thanks to starting positions from the Dallas 14 and 12 yard line. Another seven was thanks to Mr. Lito Sheppard.

38-17= 21

And those three other TDs came on big plays taking advantage of rookie Pat Watkins. Like Parcells said in his press-conferenec on Monday:

* A 60-yard pass to tight end L.J. Smith, which led to McNabb's 1-yard touchdown run in the second quarter.
* An 87-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Hank Baskett, who broke Pat Watkins' tackle and ran in untouched down the left sideline in the third quarter.
* A 40-yard touchdown pass to Reggie Brown, which gave Philadelphia a 31-24 lead in the fourth quarter.

Some food for thought:

Aside From 3 Big Plays, Defense Remained Sturdy

IRVING, Texas - Following a game which featured more twists and turns than the Pennsylvania Turnpike, 13th-year cornerback Aaron Glenn offered a simple explanation as to why the Cowboys lost, 38-24, Sunday to the Philadelphia Eagles.

"This is a league of making plays," Glenn said. "The team that makes the most plays is the team that usually wins."

Three plays, to be exact, made the difference Sunday at The Linc.

The Cowboys' defense allowed 383 total yards against the Eagles, but 187 of those yards came on three completions by quarterback Donovan McNabb:

* A 60-yard pass to tight end L.J. Smith, which led to McNabb's 1-yard touchdown run in the second quarter.
* An 87-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Hank Baskett, who broke Pat Watkins' tackle and ran in untouched down the left sideline in the third quarter.
* A 40-yard touchdown pass to Reggie Brown, which gave Philadelphia a 31-24 lead in the fourth quarter.

Subtract those three plays from the stat sheet, and the Cowboys' defense allowed 196 total yards. That's more characteristic of a unit which is ranked ninth in total defense, allowing 291 yards per game.

"They made the plays and we didn't," said cornerback Anthony Henry, of one mind with Glenn. "That's what it came down to and that's why we didn't win the game."

McNabb finished 18 of 33 for 354 yards and two touchdowns. Those three completions accounted for more than half of his production.

McNabb didn't hurt the Cowboys running the ball Sunday. His lone carry was his 1-yard touchdown sneak following Smith's 60-yard catch. But he did buy himself extra seconds in the pocket a couple of times, most notably when he sidestepped a hard-charging Greg Ellis to fire the 87-yarder to Baskett.

"We knew it was going to be challenging because he's healthy now, and even if you go in and blitz him he's still capable of running and creating more time," Henry said. "I feel like that was an important factor."

But the Cowboys' defense won't let McNabb's big-play performance affect their mindset heading into Sunday's game against the Houston Texans at Texas Stadium (noon, CDT).

"I don't think so," Glenn said when asked if the defense took a step back against Philly. "Out of a 16-game season, I don't know a defense that hasn't took a shot. When you look at the good defenses in the league, at some point it's going to happen to you."

Until Sunday, the Dallas defense hadn't taken a real "shot" all season. Byron Leftwich's 30-yard pass to Ernest Wilford in Week 1 was the previous longest completion by an opponent.

The Cowboys' fifth-ranked run defense (75.3 avg.) has remained sturdy, too. None of its four opponents has reached the 100-yard mark, let alone featured a 100-yard rusher.

Philadelphia picked up 52 yards on 18 carries (2.9 avg.), and starter Brian Westbrook had just 33 yards on 11 carries. He did score from five yards out in the first quarter.

"They weren't able to run it very much," Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells said. "Now they weren't bending over backwards to do it."

The defense also is getting off the field. Dallas is tied for fifth in the league in third-down efficiency with a 29.4 conversion rate.

And outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware's 69-yard fumble return for a touchdown against Philadelphia was the second defensive touchdown in the last two games, following Bradie James' interception return for a score against Tennessee.

Beginning Sunday against Houston, the Cowboys' chief task will be eliminating big plays downfield. Watkins, a rookie out of Florida State, was involved in both of McNabb's long scoring passes to Baskett and Brown.

Baskett beat him one-on-one after Henry blitzed off the right edge. Ellis came within an inch of hitting McNabb once Eagles offensive tackle William Thomas left him to cover Henry, but McNabb got the pass off.

"We called the defense specifically for that play," Parcells said. "And we blitzed our corner and the tackle went off to our corner, and that left our outside linebacker (Ellis) free and he just missed Donovan. And he was able to get the ball out. You can't count on that. That was the perfect call for the play that was run."

On McNabb's second touchdown, Watkins didn't locate the ball in the end zone and Roy Williams also appeared to take a bad angle. Brown got behind both safeties and made the flea-flicker catch in the back of the end zone.

"They had some trick plays there up their sleeve to kind of calm us down a little bit and they made the play on those plays and we didn't," Henry said.

Parcells said Watkins "needs to get it going" this week after he was replaced by veteran Keith Davis in the fourth quarter. Another option might be veteran free safety Marcus Coleman, who has completed his four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The Cowboys have received a one-week roster exemption that allows Coleman to practice without counting against the 53-man roster. But they would have to release a player to make room for Coleman once the exemption expires if they decide to keep him on the roster.

Parcells also would like his unit to improve its pass rush. McNabb was sacked three times but made enough plays to keep the defense honest.

Five Cowboys turnovers also put pressure on the defense to keep Philly grounded.

"With that being said, we had a chance to try to tie the game," Parcells said.

Eliminating big plays and turnovers will increase their chances of improving to 3-2 on Sunday.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah, 38 points wow... you do realize any offense in the NFL could rack up 38 points with the positions they started out with?

10 points was thanks to starting positions from the Dallas 14 and 12 yard line. Another seven was thanks to Mr. Lito Sheppard.

Look, my QB fumbles every other snap, and he didn't put us in that position. My special teams didn't screw up a snap that hit the punter right in the hands, & our fans aren't having to make excuses for giving the Eagles 38 points.

heck, using your logic, the Eagles didn't score on us at all.

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2006, 11:23 PM
So all that to tell us they gave up 31 points? 14 points of which was due to the Eagles taking advantage of a rookie. Problem solved. We could use your skills on helping to solve what happened to Jerry Jones' face. :yikes:

run-david-run
10-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Well, CC Brown bit on a play fake, so there's 7, umm, we gave up a big one over the middel to Stalworth to set up their TD beofre the half, and we missed a bunch of tackles on Westbrook. See they shouldnt have scored on us either!

Double Barrel
10-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Aside From 3 Big Plays, Defense Remained Sturdy

IRVING, Texas - Following a game which featured more twists and turns than the Pennsylvania Turnpike, 13th-year cornerback Aaron Glenn offered a simple explanation as to why the Cowboys lost, 38-24, Sunday to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Got a link? :howdy:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
10-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Look, my QB fumbles every other snap, and he didn't put us in that position. My special teams didn't screw up a snap that hit the punter right in the hands, & our fans aren't having to make excuses for giving the Eagles 38 points.

heck, using your logic, the Eagles didn't score on us at all.

Using your logic of "when they played us, they scored less points so we're better", would be like saying the Redskins are better than the Colts since they put up 31 points vs. the Titans, while the Colts scored 14 against that same opponent. It doesn't work that way thunderkyss..

oneflatoniakid
10-13-2006, 01:52 AM

The Texans will put up a good game come Sunday.
Despite the record, they have a lot of pride & it will definitely show come Sunday.:superman:

thunderkyss
10-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Using your logic of "when they played us, they scored less points so we're better", would be like saying the Redskins are better than the Colts since they put up 31 points vs. the Titans, while the Colts scored 14 against that same opponent. It doesn't work that way thunderkyss..

And saying your defense is better than ours, because you played a WashingtonRedskins team still learning a new offense without their star Runningback, a Tennessee Titan team with a rookie QB in his first start, and a Jacksonville Offense that couldn't get out of it's own way, would be like saying the NEw Orleans Saints are as good as the Eagles because they are both 4-1.

It doesn't work that way Cowboy.

You look good against bad teams, we are a bad team, but our offense is starting to click. My QB has the highest rating in the league, & has thrown more TDs than anyone in the league after 4 games. Your Defense looks suspect to an effecient(sp) passing game. We have an effecient passing game.

Our deffense looks suspect against an effecient passing game. You don't have an effecient passing game.