PDA

View Full Version : Pasquarelli's Rookie Coach Report Card

chuckm
10-12-2006, 10:41 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2621238&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Gary Kubiak, Houston (1-3)
The fact that onetime human piņata David Carr leads the NFL in quarterback rating and is taking much better care of the ball (seven touchdown passes and just two interceptions) is testimony to Kubiak's ability to tutor the game's most critical position. Carr has still been sacked more than anyone would like, but that is more a function of a reshuffled offensive line than to his past indecision. The major problems have come in the running game (ranked 29th), where the Texans clearly miss tailback Domanick Davis, lost for the season to a knee injury, and in general on defense (No. 32 against the pass and overall). It's a much more fundamentally sound team, but there are still holes.
Progress report: Average.

kastofsna
10-12-2006, 10:59 AM
you might as well just say "look at the team's records and say good, bad or ugly." ESPN sucks.

edo783
10-12-2006, 03:01 PM
IMO, that's about right for Kubes ranking at this point. I still think he is trying to make lemonaid with........

TexanSam
10-12-2006, 07:32 PM
I think this is where Kubiak should be ranked. He's made mistakes but he's done poorly by any means.

Rod Marinelli was another mistake by Matt Millen I believe. Here's a guy that's never been any higher than a defensive line coach at the NFL level and he's hired to be a head coach. That just doesn't make sense too me. Sure he's supposedly brought toughness to the Lions but I'm sure you could have found someone more qualified to do that. I remember Marinelli's name come up as a defensive coordinator candidate for Kubiak and I think they said the Bucs didn't let him become a DC anywhere else because he did a good job on the D-line, but it still baffles me that he's a head coach.