PDA

View Full Version : Chronic: Bledsoe feeling some pressure

Texans34Life
10-12-2006, 04:40 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4253360.html

Cowboys QB has to deal with blitzes, questions about job

Bledsoe realizes the Texans are the next ones waiting to knock him down.

"They changed their personality against the Dolphins," Bledsoe said. "Over half the snaps in the game they brought some sort of pressure, either with the linebacker blitz or safety blitz. Combine that with the trouble that we had against the Eagles in handling some of their pressure, and we believe they're probably going to come after us this game and make us prove that we can deal with their pressure defense."

wicked_wayz
10-12-2006, 05:26 AM
be afraid......be very afraid

gtexan02
10-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Us or them? I wasn't scared leaving Drob and Sanders 1 on 1 against the dolphins receiving threats because I thinkthey are overrated, and I knew Culpepper wasn't accurate enough to get them the ball anyway.

I will be very scared leaving our corners on an island against TO and Terry Glenn with Bledsoe throwing it. If we don't get pressure off a blitz, we will be toast.

HoustonFan
10-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Provided D-Rob and Sanders can do a better job of covering T-Glenn and TO, then bad day for Bledsoe. Now if they can sack Bledsoe early I think that messes the Cowboys up for the day.

GP
10-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Provided D-Rob and Sanders can do a better job of covering T-Glenn and TO, then bad day for Bledsoe. Now if they can sack Bledsoe early I think that messes the Cowboys up for the day.

That's how I feel, too.

Bledsoe is a rhythm QB. If het gets into a rhythm, he plays very well.

The Texans team I know of, the one I've been watching since they became a team in the NFL, has not been consistent about sticking with a gameplan that has worked or has been effective. This team seems to try and get cute the week after a win, and it has pretty much resulted in a loss except maybe once or twice when we've won back-to-back games.

Teams that cannot win back-to-back games over a very long period of time (such as our team) are in effect showing that they have no identity. And no identity means confusion, which results in chaos, and which results in disaster. And then that results into a high draft pick each year.

I'd like to see us try and not get cute. I'd like to see us send the blitz early and often, jam the receivers at the line, and on offense I'd like to see us forget running the ball and just come out throwing all types of routes and low-risk stuff. Brunell did that to us and we couldn't catch up to them after that...throw throw throw.

Check it out: We come out and throw throw throw, getting the ball into our WRs hands. And then we getin Bledsoe's face and TO is sitting there watching US being able to get the ball to our WRs while he cannot get it into his hands. Man, talk about a ticking time bomb! TO will go circus act in a heartbeat if that happens.

I had predicted to some friends this summer (and to my dad who is a Cowboys fan) that TO would meltdown in week six or at least half-way through the season. Hopefully it happens NOW.

jerek
10-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Us or them? I wasn't scared leaving Drob and Sanders 1 on 1 against the dolphins receiving threats because I thinkthey are overrated, and I knew Culpepper wasn't accurate enough to get them the ball anyway.

I will be very scared leaving our corners on an island against TO and Terry Glenn with Bledsoe throwing it. If we don't get pressure off a blitz, we will be toast.

Chambers is probably just about as good as either.

The "can't leave them one on one" concept is totally overrated. The point of a blitz isn't to register sacks so much as it is to force the QB into bad throws. T.O. can be uncovered for all we care so long as Bledsoe doesn't see him or can't deliver a catchable ball. He's horrid throwing the ball on the move and the idea is to get him on the move. Yes, at times the blitz will fail or the QB will get off a good throw any way or the WR will come up with a great catch, but it isn't a "sack or bust" concept.

Culpepper and Bledsoe are very similar right now IMO. Both lack mobility, look like Pro Bowlers with time, and suck when pressured.