PDA

View Full Version : Carr's chance for salvation.

TexansBull
10-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Not to make this a Carr thread, but with as much hate most Texans fans have for the 'girls, I have a question for the Carr Haters, the ones with their vote still out, and any others.

If Carr wakes up on game day and turns into Manning, Young(Steve not Vince...), Montana, or whomever and has the game of his life to pull out a W, at that point, and not waiting for the rest of the season to play out, what will you say?

1. I doubted Carr, but I am all cured for the rest of the season.
2. My hate for Carr runs so deep not even beating the Brokeback Cowboys will make break my opinion.
3. My man love now runs deeper. Am I supposed to feel this way?
4. Other-post at bottom

Lets have a little fun with this. Things might be tense until Sunday.

hot pickle
10-11-2006, 11:37 PM
if someone picks 3 i will be terrified to come back to this message board

anyways.

i'm satisfied with carr, and i will be for the rest of the season, hes got great skills, and im sure kubiak will make him a consistant player. as of now i really like what i see, but we'll see at the end of the season, but im sure that carr will have a great career as a texan, and will retire as a texan

Txn_in_Oki
10-11-2006, 11:44 PM
I'm happy with Carr right now. If they beat the Cowboys it's only icing on the cake. I honestly believe that this team is on the way up and will see the conference finals before the girls will. I know we have parity in this day and age but I think once everything settles down, and Kubes has something to work with, the Texans will suprise the ***** out of a lot of people.

gtexan02
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Weird choices, I don't want to choose any of them...

Maybe a "I'm satisfied with Carr at the moment, and think he has great potential, lets see what he does in the rest of the season"

TexansBull
10-12-2006, 12:04 AM

Maybe a "I'm satisfied with Carr at the moment, and think he has great potential, lets see what he does in the rest of the season"

Yea, maybe I was a little too creative and had too much fun making them.

I didnt mean for anyone to take them literally. If you choose the third one doesnt actually mean you are part of the rainbow coalition. Thats why I put "other" up there and just post at the bottom. Have fun.

Ibar_Harry
10-12-2006, 12:18 AM
I am extemely worried about the LT position. Some have similar feelings about the RT position. I'm more worried right now about having a healthy QB after the game. They are very physical and get away with a lot.

I hope the back, be it RB or FB, knows how to pick up the blitz in this game otherwise they will make mince meat of Carr. I certainly hope Kubiak proves me wrong, but I have an extemely bad feeling about this game. He keeps talking about suiting up only 7 O-linemen for this game. Ahhh, we aren't that strong coach and we have a lot of injuries in the O-line. Aren't at least two of them coming off of injuries? To me that sounds like asking Carr to take hemlock.

Ibar_Harry
10-12-2006, 12:20 AM

anyways.

i'm satisfied with carr, and i will be for the rest of the season, hes got great skills, and im sure kubiak will make him a consistant player. as of now i really like what i see, but we'll see at the end of the season, but im sure that carr will have a great career as a texan, and will retire as a texan

Where's Vinny? Just joking.....

Ibar_Harry
10-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Actually this is a game we should start Sage. I know it sounds crazy, but it would change the nature of the game defensively. They are basing their defense on the tendencies of Carr so give them a different look to start with. We have to do something to upset Parcell's game plan.

K.D.
10-12-2006, 12:32 AM
I really like what i'm seeing from carr this year and i really think if he can be consistent the whole year, we'll be seeing him and AJ rep the TEXANS in the pro bowl. Regardless of this Cowboys game, I'm sticking with my boy. I know if we do lose this game, all the Carr haters are really going to get their kicks on saying it was his fault regardless, so i'm just preparing myself to hear the negative bull#### from these individuals.

texflex513
10-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Carr is my favorite player next to DD if he has the game of his life against the cowturds it wont be a surprise to me because i always thought when he gets a legit shot he would shine.

J-Storm
10-12-2006, 05:13 AM
I wanted to take the man-love for DC a lot further but decided I'd just be happy with beating the local Cryboys and making The Human Headline, T.O more frustrated for 1 extra week just to see Jerry realise that he shouldn't have taken a punt on T.O. with a declining QB like Bledsoe...

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-12-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't like your poll. Why do I have to have "man-love" if the other alternatives don't fit my opinion?

Are you saying that a man would have to be gay to like the play of David Carr so far this season?

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Actually this is a game we should start Sage. I know it sounds crazy, but it would change the nature of the game defensively. They are basing their defense on the tendencies of Carr so give them a different look to start with. We have to do something to upset Parcell's game plan.

?????

TheOgre
10-12-2006, 07:54 AM
"Carry that through the rest of the season Carr."

HoustonFan
10-12-2006, 08:04 AM
At the end of the day it's another W, and I would just want him and the team to keep building on it and getting better.

*I'd still rub it in the face of other Cowboys' fans though. :yahoo:

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 08:15 AM
I'd say I told you so....... I always knew he could do it.

Honestly, I'd say I'm pleased with his progress, hope he keeps it up.

Now, if he does something like that scramble at the end of the Eagles game, but it actually works, in a come from behind Victory..... I'll say I want to have his baby.

Texanfan4ever
10-12-2006, 08:26 AM

You know, might not be a bad plan, but it would only work for a short while. And it definitely wouldn't be fair to Carr after the year he has had so far. Might shake them up in the middle for awhile somewhere, maybe just enough to throw them off balance.

nunusguy
10-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I am extemely worried about the LT position.
My sentiments exactly. And nobody has had more uncertainty, really less talented and/or inexperienced players protecting his blindside than Carr has.
I rate this as the 2nd toughest challenge Carr's LT will have this year (the first being against Freeney at his home in the Indy Dome).
I hope Kubiack is not making a mistake keeping Chester at guard instead of moving him back to LT where he's started for us 2 whole seasons and part of a third. Continuity and all that good stuff is important for a teams interior line, but I don't think as important as protecting the QB from a real beating.
Salaam may be experienced, but talent wise he's gonna be way in over his head against DW. I just like our chances better (and more importantly Carr's
chances) with the younger Pitts at LT.
If we get behind early (which I expect) it could be brutal, and I honestly would have no problem with Carr faining injury. He's more than paid his dues
with all the beatings over the years because of inferior OL protection.

mexican_texan
10-12-2006, 09:04 AM
I will begin to slightly like him.

TexansLucky13
10-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Man love will run deeper. :spy:

Runner
10-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Continuity and all that good stuff is important for a teams interior line, but I don't think as important as protecting the QB from a real beating.

I'm starting to wonder if continuity in the o-line means anything to coaches at all. We fans talk about it a lot, but in the Texans brief history we've never had it from one season to the next. I understand we may not of had much talent there over the years and we need to upgrade, but some changes seemed to be made for the sake of change rather than to get better.

These "changes just to change" lead me to think continuity is not a big factor in the decision process.

santo
10-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Now, if he does something like that scramble at the end of the Eagles game, but it actually works, in a come from behind Victory..... I'll say I want to have his baby.

:yikes: :ohsnap:

run-david-run
10-12-2006, 09:39 AM

Thats like saying "oh, Manning never could win in New England against the Pats, why dont they start Sorgi?" Umm, interesting idea, but ill take my chances with the best players. Also, it really isnt matter who is QB if we can protect him, O-line is a far bigger question then QB.

run-david-run
10-12-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm starting to wonder if continuity in the o-line means anything to coaches at all. We fans talk about it a lot, but in the Texans brief history we've never had it from one season to the next. I understand we may not of had much talent there over the years and we need to upgrade, but some changes seemed to be made for the sake of change rather than to get better.

These "changes just to change" lead me to think continuity is not a big factor in the decision process.

The sheer number of injuries for the O-line over the last two years means no continutiy was possible. And its pretty hard to tell fans after ANOTHER 60 plus sack season that the players just need more time together. Basically, the Texans have been SOL in regards to the line.

Runner
10-12-2006, 09:47 AM
The sheer number of injuries for the O-line over the last two years means no continutiy was possible.

True injuries have made significant contributions to the o-line mess. However, the texans always made changes between years before the injuries started racking up, even when the line that ended the previous year was available and/or under contract.

jerek
10-12-2006, 12:05 PM
This is a dumb poll, but it did make me laugh.

Just when I was thinking I had read my last "start Sage" post.

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Carr is one of 53 players on a 1-3 team. I could care less if he finds salvation as I did not sign up for season tickets because of him and I certainly did not renew every year due to his lack of performance.

Texan Asylum
10-12-2006, 12:18 PM
My disgust for Carr ran deep for some years now...that is, UNTIL I actually got to looking at his stats and so on. (And NO I don't buy into this "garbage time" business) I finally realized after looking at his stats since `02...Carr doesn't stink as bad as I'd originally led MYSELF to believe.

Do I want him to beat the Cowboys? No doubt about it.
But WE will lose this game...if it's lost. In all likelihood, DC won't lose this game on his own. Our defense is terrible as we all know. I think we could/would be a whole heck of a lot better right now, maybe even 3-1 if we had SOME degree of fight in our Defense. No pressure, no tackling and poor coverage is what you may call "A Recipe for Disaster."

Personally, I find it quite sad that we wait for games and teams that we "can beat" for some reason or another and then "bet the farm." That's just as much a bandwagon fan as anything else is. Why wasn't there a "Bet Your Avatar" thread when we played the Colts? Cause it would be 1 post long.

DC isn't as bad as I'd thought. Does he look like a newborn baby colt (horse...not team) just learning to walk, sometimes? Sure. But I'm happy with progress in Kube's system.

After all, it's NOT like the Cowboys or their fans are gonna SHUT UP if we beat them. They're Cowboys fans...they don't know the meaning of the words. Just see the number of TROLLS that have come out of the woodworks here recently.
Welcome back Young Luke...

Double Barrel
10-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Win this game, and I could care less how anyone performs. It's all scoreboard.

But based on our first four games, Carr and our receivers have been the only bright spots on our team. The defense has a LOT more to prove at this point than our QB right now.

Texan Asylum
10-12-2006, 12:24 PM
A win is a TEAM effort, as well as a loss. This TEAM will win or lose because of ITSELF.

Wharton
10-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Everybody knows I am not a Carr fan and I still have a problem with him. The mistakes he's made until now have been very costly to the team, heck, he practically spotted the Colts 14 point up front. Carr is still holding on to the ball too long, focusing on one receiver and dumping off way too much.

Now having said that, I think Kubes magic is starting to work. Carr is avoiding sacks by throwing out of bounds more, throwing down the field more, and appears to be more comfortable in the pocket. Considering the beating Carr has endured over the years, the 15 sacks he taken so far, and his line is, well crummy, I'd say he has done as good as anyone could expect of him thus far.

I still don't think he is the best QB on the Texans, Sage is, but Carr is looking better. Unfortunely, unless Carr gets hurt, I doubt I will ever know if I'm right.

NFLforher
10-14-2006, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=thunderkyss;466461

Now, if he does something like that scramble at the end of the Eagles game, but it actually works, in a come from behind Victory..... I'll say I want to have his baby.[/QUOTE]

Is that possible? :ok:

TK_Gamer
10-14-2006, 08:48 AM
If Carr has a good game against Dallas I will say......

"Carr had a good game against Dallas"

TK_Gamer
10-14-2006, 08:49 AM
.......now what I would rather say is.....

"The Texans had a good game against Dallas"

LBC_Justin
10-14-2006, 11:56 AM

yeah I agree.

Not a good poll. Granted it is entertaining, but not very informative. I was expecting a more serious poll.

peace out

LBC_Justin
10-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Everybody knows I am not a Carr fan and I still have a problem with him. The mistakes he's made until now have been very costly to the team, heck, he practically spotted the Colts 14 point up front. Carr is still holding on to the ball too long, focusing on one receiver and dumping off way too much.

Now having said that, I think Kubes magic is starting to work. Carr is avoiding sacks by throwing out of bounds more, throwing down the field more, and appears to be more comfortable in the pocket. Considering the beating Carr has endured over the years, the 15 sacks he taken so far, and his line is, well crummy, I'd say he has done as good as anyone could expect of him thus far.

I still don't think he is the best QB on the Texans, Sage is, but Carr is looking better. Unfortunely, unless Carr gets hurt, I doubt I will ever know if I'm right.You need therapy. You have issues.

What could Carr possibly do better than he has this year? He is but one man and no one plays perfect. He deserves a standing ovation for what he has done so far this year.

South Texan
10-14-2006, 12:31 PM
I gotta ask myself, if Kubiack has done this much with Carr in this short time, where will Carr be a year from now?

TK_Gamer
10-14-2006, 02:12 PM
yeah you know whats really scary? Carr keeps getting better, but more importantly he keeps getting better at making decisions with a rush in his face. so what does every team do to handle our offense? they send the heat. Carr has shown steady improvement in that category so I wouldnt be surprised if we don't start facing more nickle defenses the later we get in the season. wich means our running game will get some breathing room too.

whiskeyrbl
10-14-2006, 02:42 PM
I would have to say it's about time.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
10-14-2006, 04:14 PM
After all, it's NOT like the Cowboys or their fans are gonna SHUT UP if we beat them. They're Cowboys fans...they don't know the meaning of the words. Just see the number of TROLLS that have come out of the woodworks here recently.[/COLOR]

Excuse me for inquiring, but how is myself defending the Cowboys "trolling?" There has been no name calling from me to any posters or to the Texans, while I come here and seehomosexual references reguarding the Cowboys name. Granted, most here have treated me with their utmost respect. Personally I'm tired of many of you pointing the Cowboy fans as "stuck up and snooty", when in reality you got guys on here such as Huge, WWJD, DallasCowboys1, and myself who haven't exemplified anything close to what many of you describe.

And to sum it all up, I come here and you call me a troll.. What I'm really trying to say, I hope the Cowboys beat the living crap out of the Texans tomorrow.

bigcarlos
10-14-2006, 04:16 PM

Im pretty sure there are many here that would pick that choice but dont wanna come out. The ones that will give you a negative on your reputation for saying something against him.

Kadillac
10-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I will continue to be a Carr fan. He's a great QB and has done good with what has been given to him; no D, no RB, no O-line...1 great receiver, 1 ancient receiver...

Hervoyel
10-14-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm not too bothered by David Carr's play so far this season. I see a lot of broken things and maybe it's just a case of DC's shortcomings being the least of our problems but I'm ok with what he's done so far.

I've always said that I expect the entire team, including DC to look very much improved over the second half of the season and that hasn't changed. Whether the Texans win or lose tomorrow won't have any bearing on how I evaluate DC once the season is over. I'll base how I feel about the QB position on what happens between now and the end of the year and I won't have an answer until then.

So far so good though. Not great but definitely good enough to not stand out like a sore thumb.

thunderkyss
10-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Excuse me for inquiring, but how is myself defending the Cowboys "trolling?"

hey, I got an infraction on the Cowboys-Forum for saying that we are as talented as you guys.....

& I've got a good rep on that board.

infantrycak
10-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Personally I'm tired of many of you pointing the Cowboy fans as "stuck up and snooty", when in reality you got guys on here such as Huge, WWJD, DallasCowboys1, and myself who haven't exemplified anything close to what many of you describe.

Well said. We have some very knowledgeable and polite Cowboys fans here that add to the MB and are not trolls at all. LMBH should be added to your list.

Mike Kerns
10-15-2006, 11:15 AM

My feelings exactly.

Wharton
10-29-2006, 03:18 PM
I still don't think he is the best QB on the Texans, Sage is, but Carr is looking better. Unfortunately, unless Carr gets hurt, I doubt I will ever know if I'm right.

You need therapy. You have issues.

What could Carr possibly do better than he has this year? He is but one man and no one plays perfect. He deserves a standing ovation for what he has done so far this year. I love it when I'm right!:whip: