PDA

View Full Version : Three Words for coach Kubiak........

fisherflo
10-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Just a suggestion coach......

BLITZ......BLITZ.......BLITZ!!!!!!!!!!!

HOU-TEX
10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Just a suggestion coach......

Which could equate to: BURNED.....BURNED.....BURNED!

Seriously though, I believe we should bring some blitz packages as well, but in a timely fashion. I don't think we can blitz like the Eagles did and be as successful. If we do our secondary might very well get..BURNED.....BURNED.....BURNED!:hides:

Scooter
10-11-2006, 04:38 PM

Seriously though, I believe we should bring some blitz packages as well, but in a timely fashion. I don't think we can blitz like the Eagles did and be as successful. If we do our secondary might very well get..BURNED.....BURNED.....BURNED!:hides:

the best way to support our secondary is to keep bledsoe on his rear end. it's been proven time & time again that bledsoe can pick apart any defense he wants as long as he's given time to throw. when he's being pressured all day, he makes bad decisions and the defense creates turnovers.

TEXANRED
10-11-2006, 05:03 PM
I got three words for Kubiak

1.) Beat

2.) The

3.) Cowboys

afcman
10-11-2006, 05:43 PM

I agree. Yeah, it will burn us a little. But I still say blitz and in the second half bledsoe will be INTERCEPTED.

mexican_texan
10-11-2006, 05:48 PM
SACK

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2004/11/15/1100523483_2454.jpg

SACK

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/050911cowboys/KCchargers245312x552.jpg

SACK

http://miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/fromthegame/fromthegame17037.jpg

kcwilson
10-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I agree we should blitz, creatively...

I mean hasn't that been what people have been doing to us for 4+ years? Is it that hard to figure that if the OL has a few protection problems, which it sounds like Dallas has due to a few injuries, that we blitz and put pressure on the qb?

Sounds a lot like what Carr went through... and Carr wasn't the best at handling the constant pressure, and Bledsoe doesn't really have escapability. So it would make sense that we should attack a possible weakness, but enough so that we don't over-expose our weakness, the secondary... if blitzing gets predictable, that is when Parcells will adjust the gameplan.

I don't see why something like this won't have an impact on Dallas' performance. The question is whether or not we can execute on defense without blowing a coverage scheme. Glenn and T.O. are a handful for our DBs.

Double Barrel
10-11-2006, 06:38 PM
The blitz will only work if your front four can break loose from time to time to disrupt the pocket. It remains to be seen if they can do it consistently against a decent offensive line.

Texans_Chick
10-11-2006, 07:07 PM
I am guessing the Cowboys will not abandon the run this week.

The Texans stopped the Dolphins from running, but they can't run against anyone.

I am truly curious to see what Texans defense shows up for this game.

Vinny
10-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Isn't blitz just one word said three times?

fisherflo
10-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Okay Okay.......Strong blitz, weak blitz, and crash blitz......

thunderkyss
10-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I hate to say this, but this is part of the reason we've been getting beat, beat, beat. We do nothing but try to get the QB all day, and JJ will look like Michael Westbrook, taking a screen 34 yards for a touchdown. Or TO will look like Harrison on the underneath route, a 4 yard crossing route that turns into an 80 yard TD.

I understand we've got to blitz, but it isn't that simple. As it's been said before, we don't have to sack Bledsoe to screw him up, but we've got to take away their running game first

run-david-run
10-11-2006, 08:32 PM
I think that we have to stay very disciplined to win this game, ie no missed tackles, no bitting on play action, no huge gambles that result in 7 points. That being said, I think we have more of a chance to turn this into a shoot-out then a defensive stuggle. The offense has to bring it on Sunday because we are not going to ride Shante Orr and CC Brown to the win. If we can score on Dallas consitantly remains to be seen.

TexansSeminole
10-11-2006, 08:41 PM
In this game I would rather have our front four playing the run more than 50% of the time. If we blitz it should be a linebacker going straight down the middle. If we can flush Bledsoe enough, our defensive lineman should be able to support the linebackers in pursuing the quarterback.

Dallas is a good running team. They use two backs and they use both effectively. We need to stop the run, and then on passing downs third downs pin our ears back and possibly blitz 1 or 2 extra rushers.

We will have to do well in clock management in order to win this game. Dallas is very good at managing the clock (ranked 5th in average time of possession on offense per game and also 5th lowest in average time of possession by opponents when they are playing defense.

3 words: Control the Clock.

Ibar_Harry
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Isn't blitz just one word said three times?

Just like HELP, HELP, HELP....................

GuerillaBlack
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I can't wait for Sunday to come.

Goldeagle
10-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Im hoping Mario will be psyched and amped to get more sacks now that he has his first one under his belt.

YoungTexanFan
10-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm hoping Mario is allowed to pin his ears back and attack to start with. I would suspect that while they will run, with our secondary, they will attempt to establish the pass early as well. I want Mario set on "go". I don't think their O-line can hold him, and I know bledsoe can't get away from him. Shift a LB over to flats or to pick up the back out of the backfield, but I want Mario to be aggressive and relentless. I feel that even if he is blitzing hard, he is good enough to make the play if they run to his side.

thunderkyss
10-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm hoping Mario is allowed to pin his ears back and attack to start with. I would suspect that while they will run, with our secondary, they will attempt to establish the pass early as well. I want Mario set on "go". I don't think their O-line can hold him, and I know bledsoe can't get away from him. Shift a LB over to flats or to pick up the back out of the backfield, but I want Mario to be aggressive and relentless. I feel that even if he is blitzing hard, he is good enough to make the play if they run to his side.

If anyone is stubborn about running the ball, it's Bill Parcells. He will not stop forcing the ball, regardless....... we need to keep stuffing that little gremlin, and keep looking for that run deep into the third.

5XXXXX
10-12-2006, 11:23 AM

thats gonna be the Texans problem....He's only one guy....houston doesn't have a front seven like philly....blitz all you want...if the texans don't think that Dallas is ready for the blitz this week....they have another thing coming

HeartofHouston
10-12-2006, 01:19 PM
I've noticed that blitzing that come from him blind side don't work nearly as well... he tends to freeze up a bit when the blitz is right in his face.

powerfuldragon
10-12-2006, 01:26 PM
From Houstontexans.com matchup page
Dallas ranks ninth in the NFL in total defense but is 21st when pinned inside their own 20-yard line. That's good news for a Houston offense that is tops in the NFL in red zone offense

hmmm... i hope we can even get to the red zone.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 02:23 PM
hmmm... i hope we can even get to the red zone.

What's good for Houston, is that they played RookieSensation VinceYoung in his first start, a ClintonPortis-less Redskins, and a mis-firing GaryColeman. The only real offense they've seen this year, is the Eagles...... & they gave up 500 yards.

David Carr & the Houston Texans will be the second best offense they've seen all year, and what helps a struggling offense?? A struggling Defense, and then they are cocky about the D.......

One more thing. Last time Kubiak & Ron Dayne was in Big D, the former Heisman Trophy winner ran for 98 yards on 7 carries....

I like our odds.

texaslifter
10-12-2006, 02:38 PM

Why not? Corners -LOVE- when they only have to cover for half as long. It's giving Bledsoe time that will get us burned, watch any game in his entire career. Watch the games, learn the tendencies and then post!

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Why not? Corners -LOVE- when they only have to cover for half as long. It's giving Bledsoe time that will get us burned, watch any game in his entire career. Watch the games, learn the tendencies and then post!

Lucky for us, we don't blitz our Corners. we blitz our LBs, and GlenEarl on occasion.

BlueThunder
10-12-2006, 03:37 PM
TOTAL OFFENSE TWENTYEIGHT!:crutch:

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 05:25 PM
TOTAL OFFENSE TWENTYEIGHT!:crutch:

That's going to change come Sunday.

bigTEXan8
10-12-2006, 05:57 PM
i am so pumped for this game...i needs to start...i'm getting antsy :drool:

powerfuldragon
10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Last time Kubiak & Ron Dayne was in Big D, the former Heisman Trophy winner ran for 98 yards on 7 carries....

Coach Kubes and Dayne were also working with an effective offensive line...

:hides:

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Coach Kubes and Dayne were also working with an effective offensive line...

:hides:

Fate........ you know what that is??

When you lose your starting LT 5 years in a row.... that's Fate.

Fate is Carr being the man behind this OLine. We might have to give Ronnie the ball 20 times to get 70 yards, but as long as we understand that keeps Bledsoe off the field, & Opens the deep game, we'll be okay.

Texas
10-12-2006, 08:10 PM
If we blitz at the right times and keep the coverage well but completely own them them they will be scared and we can put fear in the Qb's during the first quarter and that could help us get the win

sleepwalker
10-13-2006, 12:16 PM
I seriously doubt we are going to let a *has been, old* bledsoe sit back in the pocket and pick us apart.

I know for a fact we are going to blitz and get burned...I think Philly proved that pressure is the key to beating Dallas.

I expect our defense to have the same game plan, however we have less talent on defense than Philly.

If we are going to lose to big plays then so be it...I better not see a bunch sitting back because we are afraid of TO, Glen and a washed up Bledsoe.

Live by the sword.......Die by the sword, I think we all agree and understand the consequences of this philosophy, but I'm all for it.

BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ!!!

HOU-TEX
10-13-2006, 01:27 PM
I seriously doubt we are going to let a *has been, old* bledsoe sit back in the pocket and pick us apart.

Brunell did it and set a record doing it.

thunderkyss
10-13-2006, 02:01 PM
I would like to point out before Sunday, that on more than half their Blitzes, Bledsoe still had plenty of time to throw the ball. He decided not to, because his 2 recievers were covered. he broke the pocket more than once, leading up to a sack. & He even ran for a touchdown.

I say this, because it is very likely that Bledsoe will have a lot of time (relativelys speaking) to make a play if our coverage team isn't as good as Philly's.

dirty steve
10-14-2006, 10:12 PM
I got three words for Kubiak

1.) Beat

2.) The

3.) Cowboys

freakin' kudos. that's all i care about.

thunderkyss
10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Beating the Cowboys this Sunday, or Beating the Colts on Xmas Eve..... if you could only have one, which would it be??

I want the Colts for Xmas..... forget about the teeth..