PDA

View Full Version : Jake the Snake last sason in a Bronco's uni?

MightyTExan
10-10-2006, 05:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/10/10/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Broncos QB Jake Plummer is expected to be traded after the 2006 season no matter how far Denver gets in the playoffs. The Broncos will go with rookie QB Jay Cutler as the starter in 2007.

They said the same thing before the game yesterday.
I don't think the news is motivating Jake.

WiiBrawler
10-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Well Its Not Like He Doesnt Deserve It,Dont get me wrong I'm Plummer Fan, But He Doesn't Deserve To Stay In Denver, They Got Him Javon Walker, and he has the O-line David Carr Dreams About In His Sleep

rmartin65
10-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I dont doubt it. He has not done so well, and Cutler looked very good in pre season and before the draft.

thunderkyss
10-10-2006, 07:38 PM
What happened to all this, "Look what Kubiak's done with Jake, imagine what he'll do with Carr" stuff??

If Jake can't keep his job in Denver, then my outlook on David is going to take a dive.

How long will it be 'till the old David shows back up??

chuckm
10-10-2006, 07:40 PM
If Jake can't keep his job in Denver, then my outlook on David is going to take a dive.

You mean it can actually go LOWER?

ledzeppelin229
10-10-2006, 07:45 PM
What happened to all this, "Look what Kubiak's done with Jake, imagine what he'll do with Carr" stuff??

Umm...you mean like how Plummer did great under Kubiak and now once Kubiak came to Houston, Plummer has dropped off and Carr has picked up his game under Kubiak? Use some logic in this conclusion.

texan279
10-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Umm...you mean like how Plummer did great under Kubiak and now once Kubiak came to Houston, Plummer has dropped off and Carr has picked up his game under Kubiak? Use some logic in this conclusion.

That is my take on the situation as well.

wicked_wayz
10-10-2006, 11:17 PM

totally agree with ya

wicked_wayz
10-10-2006, 11:19 PM

what??????????????

Mr. White
10-10-2006, 11:31 PM
I always thought that he would end up here if Carr didn't pan out....Carr's panning out.

I doubt he stays in Denver another year....even if he wins the Super Bowl.

Houston_Fanatic
10-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Plummer hasn't looked good at all this year and it occurred to me that Kubiak being gone could have something to do with it.

He might make it as a backup, but with the way he is playing this season, who would pick him up as a starter?
:dontknowa

mexican_texan
10-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Yo Jake, come down to Houston and say hi to Kubiak. Then drive north on I-45....

texan279
10-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Yo Jake, come down to Houston and say hi to Kubiak. Then drive north on I-45....

The cowgirls may be looking for a QB after this season.

mexican_texan
10-11-2006, 12:05 AM
The cowgirls may be looking for a QB after this season.
They're probably looking into it NOW.

thunderkyss
10-11-2006, 07:06 AM

So where did Kubiak run off to when Jake showed his old form in the AFC Championship game??

& are we saying that Kubiak is building robots that can't think for themselves.........

Or that he is hiding problems, and not fixing them??

texan279
10-11-2006, 07:39 AM
So where did Kubiak run off to when Jake showed his old form in the AFC Championship game??

& are we saying that Kubiak is building robots that can't think for themselves.........

Or that he is hiding problems, and not fixing them??

So he had a bad game against Pittsburgh's 4th ranked defense in 2005. And then the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl. It didn't help that Denver's defense allowed 34 points in that game either...

thunderkyss
10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
So he had a bad game against Pittsburgh's 4th ranked defense in 2005. And then the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl. It didn't help that Denver's defense allowed 34 points in that game either...

Bottom line, if Plummer is cut from Denver, will we put him on the list of Kubiak's success with Elway & Young, or with his success list of Griese, Brister, Maddox??

cuppacoffee
10-11-2006, 09:39 AM

Now you done it! Use logic? :yikes:

Get ready for the Carr haters " bring Plummer to Houston" thread.

TheCD
10-11-2006, 07:00 PM

By your examples and worries, it would take for Gary Kubiak to get fired for "the old David to show back up".

Hervoyel
10-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Plummer hasn't looked good at all this year and it occurred to me that Kubiak being gone could have something to do with it.

He might make it as a backup, but with the way he is playing this season, who would pick him up as a starter?
:dontknowa

Dude come on, if Plummer played half as good as he's been playing this year he could still get a job starting for Oakland. They'd drop the big signing bonus on him and everything.

I think he could displace Kitna in Detroit next year, compete with Culpepper and Harrington in Miami, Start over the stiff in Cleveland, Move into Green's job in KC if Trent Green didn't come back, or play in Minnesota, Tampa Bay, or San Francisco. Sure those last two teams have young QB's (Simms and Smith) but those guys haven't exactly lit things up.

Plummer could go to any of those situations and start.

Imatexanfan
10-11-2006, 08:58 PM
I know yaw are gonna hate me for sayin' this, but if we have another disappointing season this year as we had last season, watch ol' Kubes is gonna pick up ol' Jake and I'll put money on that if Denver does drop him (depends on the salary and stuff though).:cool: