Tampa Bay

1 win teams

Houston
Miami
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Green Bay
Arizona

Oakland has a huge edge over the rest of the NFL for 1st pick, IMHO...

But what is Pitt doing at only 1 win?

WildBlackBear32
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Raiders pretty much have it locked up.

Detroit will give them a run for their money.

Titans and Bucs are better than their records.

kastofsna
10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
detroit is better than the bucs and titans easily. they've been REAL close in several losses. the bucs and titans are starting rookie QB's and have bad lines and had tough schedules (especially the bucs, good lord).

HomeBred_Texan
10-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Would it be safe to say that 2 of these teams are in the hunt for a QB for the future? Oakland and Tampa Bay?

kastofsna
10-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Would it be safe to say that 2 of these teams are in the hunt for a QB for the future? Oakland and Tampa Bay?
i dunno. al davis loves andrew walter, and he doesn't like to take QB's high in the draft. gruden LOVES gradkowski. so much that he was radiant talking about his performance following the loss yesterday, and gruden has never even smiled after a loss, i can assure you of that. if he keeps it up, i don't think they'll take a QB. right now, the bucs defense is being outplayed by their offense, so i think they gotta address that. or calvin johnson.

DCSaints_fan
10-09-2006, 11:45 AM

Well Oakland passed on Leinart and Cutler. Guess they believe Walter is their guy for the time being And Tampa Bay has Chris Simms and now it looks like Gradowski. So I would say no.

I was really suprised that Detroit also passed on Leinart and Cutler. Maybe they don't like to draft QBs. Or do they think Dan Orlovsky or Josh McCown are their QBs of the future?

gwallaia
10-09-2006, 11:45 AM
I find it hard to believe the Steelers are 1-3. Never thought that would happen.

GuerillaBlack
10-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Weren't the Steelers similar to that (not at the beginning), last year?

Also, what is Michael Huff doing in Oakland (soon to be Los Angeles)?

mexican_texan
10-09-2006, 01:20 PM

He was drafted by them. If you mean how he's been playing...I saw him get a TFL and that's all I've seen.

TreWardTxn
10-09-2006, 01:51 PM
I really feel for that guy, I hope being in Oak doesn't ruin the early part of his career, but at this point, I can't see how it won't, I doubt he's really learning anything. Oak will have the first pick (unquestionably), but since everyone knows they won't want a QB, I don't see them really benefiting from it in the way of getting a slew of picks in a trade. Please Al, don't take AP, let us have one Texas boy...

Carr Bombed
10-09-2006, 03:52 PM
detroit is better than the bucs and titans easily. they've been REAL close in several losses. the bucs and titans are starting rookie QB's and have bad lines and had tough schedules (especially the bucs, good lord).

The lions aren't better than the Titans or the Bucs. The Lions are horrible and find ways to lose. They remind me of the 2005 Texans, they were close in alot of games too.... unfortunately being stationed in MI. I get to watch the lions......

They played a seahawks team tough, but lost. They call out the bears and get their butts kicked. The offense clicks against the Rams, but the same defense that played the seahawks tough goes brain dead and gives up about 40 points. Yesterday was a complete team effort, it took the entire team to muster up that loss......they blew a 17-3 4th quarter lead to a not so very good Vikings team and gave up 23 fourth quarter points.....They are the 2005 Texans....they suck

After the way Kitna played yesterday, I'm sure any Lion fan with half a brain would love to have a rookie QB right now.....many fans that I know wanted Lienart. Oakland's and Detroit's decision to pass on Matt (or cutler for that matter) is 10x more questionable then Houston's decision to pass on Bush. Both of those teams actually had a weakness at that position. (at the time we didn't know the extent of our weakness, all though I still don't think a back is worth the #1 pick)

mexican_texan
10-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Oakland deserves the whole first round. They're in horrible shape.

hollywood_texan
10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
My prediction is 5 wins this seasons for the Texans and they are right on pace. I predicted 1 win in the first six games coming either from the Redskins or Dolphins. From what we have seen thus far, the Texans beating the Cowboys or Jags will take a miracle and/or well improved play from what we have seen in the first 4 games.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if this team losses the remaining 12 games. Kubiak is calling plays very conservatively and our defense is just horrible.

Match that with the next 6 of 8 on the road, there could be a disaster brewing real soon.

The next big test will be the Titans and a must win game for the Texans.

What is interesting this year, they really need to beat the Titans twice this year and this Raiders or this team will probably sink to lower levels with even reduced fan support.

There can be a dismal year in 2006, but turning the corner must be in sight and beyond David Carr's QB rating.

TheOgre
10-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Oakland has to be a tax write-off. Unless they find an NFL QB and offensive line between now and the end of the year, I see a 1-15 future (every team gets that one week).

nunusguy
10-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Last year as the season began to go south, then got worse and worse, and eventually it became apparent the whole season was a wasted effort, I was afraid we wouldn't get the #1 pick. This year, I'm already afraid we will
get it.

mancunian
10-10-2006, 12:52 AM

not sure about Pitt - but they where 7 - 5 with 4 games left.........

wicked_wayz
10-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Winless teams

Oakland
Tennessee
Detroit
Tampa Bay

1 win teams

Houston
Miami
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Green Bay
Arizona

i'd say oakland is on its way for the number 1 pick.....i don't think tamba and detroit lions are in the top 5......i think we'll have the 5th or 6th pick

Mr teX
10-10-2006, 02:16 AM
Oakland by far. I heard someone on talk radio say that Oakland won't/can't move into the right direction until Al Leaves & i believe that to be the case. Getting beat by Cleveland & San Fran in the same year? I could understand if this was 1980 - 1990, but we managed not to sink that low last year.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Updated 10/16

Winless teams

Oakland

1 win teams

Houston
Miami
Tennessee
Cleveland
Green Bay
Arizona
Detroit
Tampa Bay

real
10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
I say we end up with a top 5 pick....

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 03:13 PM
I say we end up with a top 5 pick....

I agree. And some around here want to trade that off for a band aid fix to an open wound...

Double Barrel
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I say top 3...

kastofsna
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
top 5 would be great for miami.

real
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I say top 3...

LOL...I was actually thinking top 2....

ledzeppelin229
10-16-2006, 03:20 PM
I think we'll end up around pick 7. A combination of the team improving (can't get any worse) and our schedule getting a little easier should put us between picks 5 and 10.

nunusguy
10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
If we get the top pick again, and obviously we may do just that, let's make
every effort to trade it. We need a lot of players. If they are only average players, that's more than what we have now.
The team that would give us the largest # of first day pciks, even if they are
at #15 or #20. The most first day picks we can get for '07 and '08 Drafts. That should be our goal.

HomeBred_Texan
10-16-2006, 03:23 PM
every effort to trade it. We need a lot of players. If they are only average players, that's more than what we have now.
at #15 or #20. The most first day picks we can get for '07 and '08 Drafts. That should be our goal.

No way... Not when we can finally get that Franchise Running back we have needed so badly since our existence...

ledzeppelin229
10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
We can get a franchise running game without taking a 'franchise' running back. The OL is going to get a hard look the rest of this season and the offseason, and while I'm sure a better RB will be brought in I don't see it happening in the first round.

texplayer2
10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
We can get a franchise running game without taking a 'franchise' running back. The OL is going to get a hard look the rest of this season and the offseason, and while I'm sure a better RB will be brought in I don't see it happening in the first round.

Yea, they can make any back a star in this system.:shades:

Ole Miss Texan
10-16-2006, 08:48 PM
We will definitely be top 10 but hopefully not top2-3 :confused: I'd like to see us trade if possible.

What is the story with Michael Bush...? not a 1st round pick but what about later? I don't know much about his situation other than it sucks bad. I see Adrian Peterson has had injury problems throughout college. I'm on both sides of the fence that I better running game really will help our defense immensley but we need some big help on D too!

HomeBred_Texan
10-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Yea, they can make any back a star in this system.:shades:

I was thinking the same thing...

When will people ever get wise. We need the personel to become elite...

Not a system...

Blake
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
At this rate (Injuries + cutting Buchannon/Smith/Wade * playing like poop) = top 5 pick for sure.

I say we get number 4. Oakland/Detroit/Tampa Bay/Houston

El Tejano
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
LOL...I was actually thinking top 2....

Actually that would be a better scenario for us. Let Oakland screw things up with that #1. Our #2 would be determined on who they pick. It would certainly justify anyone we picked, if they got Peterson and we wouldn't be in the same situation like last year.

On top of that we could possibly have better trade value with that pick instead of the #1.

mexican_texan
10-17-2006, 03:26 PM
At this rate (Injuries + cutting Buchannon/Smith/Wade * playing like poop) = top 5 pick for sure.

I say we get number 4. Oakland/Detroit/Tampa Bay/Houston
You do know we're not running the system yet, right? The playbook is not completely ZBS because our guys don't know the system.

texansfaninca8892
10-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Winless teams

Oakland
Tennessee
Detroit
Tampa Bay

1 win teams

Houston
Miami
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Green Bay
Arizona

Oakland should just go ahead and offer Brady Quinn a contract to be their #1 pick in next years draft.

kastofsna
10-17-2006, 03:35 PM
oakland won't draft a QB....oakland won't draft a QB....oakland won't draft a QB....oakland won't draft a QB....oakland won't draft a QB....

texansfaninca8892
10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
No, I think we'll have the #2 or #3 pick

mexican_texan
10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
oakland won't draft a QB....oakland won't draft a QB....oakland won't draft a QB....oakland won't draft a QB....oakland won't draft a QB....
"Commitment To Excellence"

Kinda puts things in perspective, don't it?

real
10-17-2006, 03:38 PM

I hope they do draft Quinn...It will set them back another 10 years....

kastofsna
10-17-2006, 03:40 PM
I hope they do draft Quinn...It will set them back another 10 years....
quinn would be the best thing to happen to oakland since howie long. but....alas! they won't draft him.

real
10-17-2006, 03:41 PM
quinn would be the best thing to happen to oakland since howie long. but....alas! they won't draft him.

Quinn is going to majorly dissapoint you my friend...:shoot:

texansfaninca8892
10-17-2006, 03:42 PM
They probably won't, but they should.

kastofsna
10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Quinn is going to majorly dissapoint you my friend...:shoot:
i'm not a fan of his or anything, so if he did bust, i wouldn't really care. i just know what i see, and i see a damn good QB prospect.

kastofsna
10-17-2006, 03:45 PM
They probably won't, but they should.
i'd never argue that.