PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough

Dionysus22
10-09-2006, 05:57 AM
I know one thing, I'm tired of these DD clones they keep tryin to stick back there and hope he produces. Someone clear something up for me...we traded Morency for Gado...why? Aren't they the same back? I know Gado has a little more experience in this scheme and he's Sherman's boy, but we've already got two of those and one on the practice squad. Yes, DD is hurt and Lundy is still wet behind the ears but c'mon, a little change of pace here!!! Why are we consistantly trying to get these compact, bowling ball, small version of Shawn Alexander type RB's? Ok, DD had two years where he just barely broke for 1000 yds. Now we think as soon as he gets healthy we're off to the promise land. Who are we kidding? I was a big DD fan myself, but I'm a bigger fan of production. I just hope we're not holdin on in hopes of seeing a glimps of our first two seasons. In Denver, Kubiak had a variety of different backs. One for speed, one for power, one for receiving, and one that was a little bit of everything. To me, it jus seems all of our backs are cut from the same mold, except Dayne (that's a whole other headache). I just hope we address this issue in the draft or FA. And yes it is an issue. I know we're learning a new system and Kubiaks RB's always prosper in this system, but that was in Denver with Denver lineman. We don't nearly have that kinda caliber of line. It Kills me when the line actully does their assignments and our backs hit the right hole but get caught cause we lack the homerun threat. Teams don't repect our running game. That's why all teams just pin their ears back and bring on the on-slaught of blitzes at Carr. They know we can't run. Ever notice teams that play against other teams with a good running game hold their defensive lineman back? They're a little more hesitant about calling a blitz because of the chance of the RB slipping past and breaking for a big gain. Oh but not us!!! They know our backs are too slow to break away for a big one. My one wish for Draftmas is an absolute burner at RB. I don't care where we get him jus please let us get some speed next year. This coming up year is kinda thin at the RB talent and speed. This past year was the time to get that...(:cough: Reggie Bush).

I'm not saying our backs are horrible, jus need a change of pace, a little speed. I tired of running races with a Mustang, wouldn't you rather have a Ferrari?

Mysteryhunt
10-09-2006, 06:15 AM
i see what you're saying but we're not playing with the line we thought we would be due to injuries and the best back in the league doesnt help when your D gives it up in the 30's regularly. if the running game turns out to be a problem by the end of the year then i'd be inclined to broach this subject, but, considering the circumstances of the first 4 games we've played, i think our running game is doing ok.

Dionysus22
10-09-2006, 06:28 AM
True our running game is doing decent. I just think it could be doing a whole lot better with some speed.

ASTRODOME2002
10-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Getting speed doesn't automatically mean having a good running game. Reggie Bush had 9 carries for a whopping 23 yards yesterday. Sounds a little like the Texans running game. Bush is not the answer to the Texans running game. He has the speed, but lacks the size to become an every down running back. Adrian Peterson, on the other hand, gives ya speed and power. Hopefully the Texans can scoop him up next year and put all of this Reggie Bush non-sense to rest.

infantrycak
10-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I know one thing, I'm tired of these DD clones they keep tryin to stick back there and hope he produces.

Gado and Dayne have no resemblence to DD. Don't know how they get to be DD clones.

Kaiser Toro
10-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Bush is a terrific returner and wide out. We need a running back.

WildBlackBear32
10-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Bush is a terrific returner and wide out. We need a running back.

Oh come on, his 3.1 YPC doesn't impress you?

Dime
10-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh come on, his 3.1 YPC doesn't impress you?

No.. it doesnt.. grin... you wanna get someone who is impressive.. Get Turner who backs up Tomlinson, or the guy who backs up Warrick Dunn (cant remember his name), or even Duace MCalister who has had a good year, even with him on the team (bit expensive on the last option though).

Crazyhorse
10-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Our backs could get more yards per carry if the O-Line would help by getting a push off the line instead of getting pushed off the line.

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 11:20 AM
We don't have a problem at running back. We only played 4 games this year,

Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& after getting RonDayne, SamkonGado, & WaliLundy, we still don't need a running back.

SamkonGado was very impressive last season starting for the GB Packers. If AhmanGreen were hurt(which he is) the cheeseheads would be thrilled to have Samkon starting for them.

RonDayne would be starting in Denver right now, had Shanahan not got a wild hair up his butt..... he avg'd 3.4 yards against Indy, after being with our team 9 days. & 4.1 yards against Washington a week later. Both, behind a terrible offensive line, that have allowed 5 sacks in three games. An offensive line, that have not started the same 5 people for two weeks back to back.

& WaliLundy.... had a great Preseason, and avg'd over 5 ypc in the second half of the Phillygame, & 4.2 ypc against Indy.

& we did well in 3 of the four games, considering the circumstances.

Miami..... Vonnie Holliday dominated our Starting Left side.

TreWardTxn
10-09-2006, 11:30 AM
The run blocking is being remodeled, it'll take some time. The one thing our line could do last year was block decently for the run, I don't think they suddenly don't get it, it's the scheme. That said, AP who is coming from a zone-blocking scheme school will be instant-O for next season...

gjmac2
10-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Morency was traded for one reason only, and that was he could not or would not pick up the blitz. Simple as that.

This is not the Dom Capers/ Charley Casserly regime. If a player doesn't produce or pull their weight, they will be gone. The only reason we have not seen more cuts and player changes is because there isn't anything better out on the free agent market. If there was, Kubiak and Smith would have brought them in by now.

I do not know if this new regime will fail or succeed, but I would not bet against them.

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 05:36 PM
The run blocking is being remodeled, it'll take some time. The one thing our line could do last year was block decently for the run, I don't think they suddenly don't get it, it's the scheme. That said, AP who is coming from a zone-blocking scheme school will be instant-O for next season...

our line never was able to block well for the run. We had a little overachiever working his ass off.

This year, with the exception of the Miami game, Vonnie Holliday is a bad Mofo, we have been blocking ok for the run game. It's only going to get better, as long as our guys have the opportunity to learn how to work together.

Aztequila
10-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Get Turner who backs up Tomlinson, or the guy who backs up Warrick Dunn (I think you mean Norwood).

I would add to this list B. Jacobs, Tiki's Backup on the Giants. Everyone saying the running game is doing alright, I ask how many touchdowns we have from our backs? I think ZERO. Come on guys, wake up. I will say this though, Dayne looked a lot better in Miami last week than in previous games, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope.

thunderkyss
10-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I would add to this list B. Jacobs, Tiki's Backup on the Giants. Everyone saying the running game is doing alright, I ask how many touchdowns we have from our backs? I think ZERO. Come on guys, wake up. I will say this though, Dayne looked a lot better in Miami last week than in previous games, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope.

I think I am the only one saying our running game is doing alright....

& Miami was Dayne's worst game.

Carr Bombed
10-09-2006, 06:43 PM
getting Dayne here was a bad decision, we should of went with the youth we had, instead of going with a player that has maxed out his potential and has already busted....I know that sounds a little harsh, but I was done with Dayne when he took out our promising LT :crying: After 4 years on waiting for a LT, we finally get one and our own player breaks his leg. If Spencer never develops because of this injury, the name Dayne will huant me for a long time. Make a speedy recovery Spencer..........we are cursed :brickwall

painekiller
10-09-2006, 07:48 PM
our line never was able to block well for the run. We had a little overachiever working his ass off.

This year, with the exception of the Miami game, Vonnie Holliday is a bad Mofo, we have been blocking ok for the run game. It's only going to get better, as long as our guys have the opportunity to learn how to work together.

That is where your wrong, this line was better than average at run blocking 2 years ago when Wand started. He just could not make Pendry happy, or pass block consistently.

dat_boy_yec
10-09-2006, 10:41 PM
At the moment I'm not happy with the production of our running game. Our line isn't the problem. No line is gonna blast open holes on every play, but our line does with some regularity, the thing that bothers me the most is our RB's inability to cut back into the hole that is opened up. The Indy game we should have done a whole lot better. If you look at the first run play in the Miami game, there was a huge hole opened up right next to Dayne, but he didn't see it and get to it. This frustrates me that our line gets blasted by some people, but the RB's gotta do a better job of finding the holes. Speed isn't the problem vision is. This yr. there are a bunch of RB's coming out that have demonstrated good vision and any of them would really help. AP, Lynch, and Irons all show great vision and would do well in our system. However that won't do us any good until next yr. We gotta get some production out of the running game starting with the Dallas game.

kcwilson
10-10-2006, 04:31 PM

Isn't this what everyone was saying about Wali Lundy?

I agree that the OL will take time to fuse, but with the OL so banged up and swapping in and out, it is tough to develop consistency.

I watched the Denver game last night, and damn if the announcers weren't right (and I hate Thiesman) that their OL looked like the Rockettes in how they move. Their footwork off the snap on a stretch run play is nearly the exact same.

I don't think Wiegert is the long term solution at Rt and welcome Winston getting a chance to develop. Hopefully we'll see him in November/December. I am puzzled why he isn't getting a little time at LT.

Dreagon
10-10-2006, 08:05 PM
I think you would be better off drafting some offensive linemen. Of course, if you guys are just trying to get Carr killed, trade him to us and we'll give you Bledsoe.....then you can really revel in QB mayhem.

thunderkyss
10-10-2006, 08:16 PM
getting Dayne here was a bad decision, we should of went with the youth we had, instead of going with a player that has maxed out his potential and has already busted....I know that sounds a little harsh, but I was done with Dayne when he took out our promising LT :crying: After 4 years on waiting for a LT, we finally get one and our own player breaks his leg. If Spencer never develops because of this injury, the name Dayne will huant me for a long time. Make a speedy recovery Spencer..........we are cursed :brickwall

Why is it that Kubiak is a QB genius, knows a thing or two about QBs, but for some reason, he can't pick a decent running back.

Coming from Denver, you'd think he'd know a thing or two about selecting a RB for his system.

& not only was Dayne picked for this system, he was picked twice, by the same guy. Maybe it's a case of the best available, or the best he could get, but it doesn't really matter.

Dayne's here, Gado's here. We have two RBs, who can get us what we need for this year, and then we have Lundy being developed. Lundy may not have break away speed, but if Kubiak thinks he'll help us in the future, then he'll help us in the future. If Kubiak thinks he won't get it done, then we'll get another RB next year, or the year after.

When was the last time Denver started the same running back three years in a row??

When was the last time Denver couldn't run the ball.

I honestly don't see why everyone is getting so worked up over this.

Aztequila
10-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Miami was Dayne's worst game.

Statistically it may have been his worst game, but he made some quality runs down the stretch, I happen to remember those runs, which is why I say it was a good game for him.