PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush gets first TD

Pages : 1 [2]

mexican_texan
10-12-2006, 11:47 AM
That's crazy. The bottom line stats don't really prove his inevitable greatness, So they go and basically make up a stat like baseball. So i guess we can go inside the numbers for Mario & count QB Hurries as him being able to drive his man back behind the line of scrimmage whether or not he even sniffed the QB?

I know it's not you XtruroyaltyX so don't take this post as an attack, but Sports analysts these days are a joke.
You're right, they're making Bush look better.

thunderkyss
10-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Let's put it this way--with the exception of thunderkyss is anyone in the NFL scared of Ron Dayne?--no, and yet Miami bit hook line and sinker on Carr's TD bootleg. Is RB successfully being used as a decoy?--yes. Is every decoy move successful because he is "the" RB?--umm, no.

Ouch....... right between the eyes........

Good shot old man...... jolly good shot. {said with british-Texan Accent}

jlam
10-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Ouch....... right between the eyes........

Good shot old man...... very good shot. {said with british-Texan Accent}

Heh, if you're going to use the old man Bristish accent, you have to employ the word chap, jolly, or bloody in the statement. Its mandatory.:)

donato
10-12-2006, 05:44 PM
According to Sports Illustrated, the Bush-Deuce duo is the best RB duo in the league!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.nflduos/content.10.html

nunusguy
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Anybody else catch ESPNs "NFL Live" this afternoon for their daily "Reggie
Boy" love feast ? Well if you didn't, get ready to be surprised.
They actually gave a somewhat objective, even slightly negative appraisal
of Bush's accomplishments to date as an NFL "running back". Oh they think he
is still great, and will only get, well, greater. But they candidly disgused his
short comings as a runner at this level. They said stat wise he is only #5 amoung rookie backs, and he needs to pay more attention to the running technique of backfield mate McCalister to get a better idea of how to run in the NFL. Of course that's kinda problematic for little Reggie, since hes got the speed but nowhere the horsepower of the bigger McCalister to hit it inside the tackles. But they also thought Reggie needs to lose all the juke junk 'cause it won't work in the NFL.
I'm guessing some viewers besides Texans fans were getting sick of all the
Reggie hype, and demanded a little reality to the Bush reports ?

edo783
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
People are starting to see what we have been saying. Good player as a WR and outside/space runner, but not much as an inside guy. They are seeing that while he is/will be a good player, he is hardly the greatest in history or anything.

run-david-run
10-12-2006, 11:43 PM
According to Sports Illustrated, the Bush-Deuce duo is the best RB duo in the league!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.nflduos/content.10.html

Thats so much bull**** its incredible. Obviously LT and Turner (why has no one called them T 'nT yet, seems obvious?) anyway, Dillon and Maroney are also clearly better, seeing as Reggie has done absolutley nothing as a running back. This is YET ANOTHER example of the national media blowing smoke up Reggie's ass. Should this really be a surprise though, they predicted Miami vs Carolina in the Superbowl?

donato
10-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Thats so much bull**** its incredible. Obviously LT and Turner (why has no one called them T 'nT yet, seems obvious?) anyway, Dillon and Maroney are also clearly better, seeing as Reggie has done absolutley nothing as a running back. This is YET ANOTHER example of the national media blowing smoke up Reggie's ass. Should this really be a surprise though, they predicted Miami vs Carolina in the Superbowl?

:crying: :crying: :crying: :rofl:

jerek
10-13-2006, 11:59 AM

I think Portis/Betts are another nominee and yes, I would agree that "TNT" are better. But, that said, I don't think it's actually too much of a stretch to name Deuce/Bush the best backfield -- probably not my choice -- but not too much of a stretch.

And after all, they should be, for their contracts alone.

HOU-TEX
10-13-2006, 12:02 PM
I think Portis/Betts are another nominee and yes, I would agree that "TNT" are better. But, that said, I don't think it's actually too much of a stretch to name Deuce/Bush the best backfield -- probably not my choice -- but not too much of a stretch.

And after all, they should be, for their contracts alone.

Agreed!

Ya'll are forgetting one combo: Dayne and Gado.:hides:

run-david-run
10-13-2006, 12:04 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :rofl:

Umm...the Texans arnt really involved in this so I have no reason to be crying, just pointing out that when it comes to dealing with Reggie, the media likes to put reality and production aside. I think there is no way you can arguee Reggie is better then Turner running the ball or that Deuce is as good as LT, although he is pretty damn good.

prostock101
10-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Big deal.......Reggie runs back a punt and the media goes wild. I thought he was drafted as a running back? Last game he had 9 carries for 23 yards. Nice. Oh, but he leads the league in receptions. Duh, they're all 5 yd passes in the backfield. Yippee! My old Lab (may he rest in peace) could do that and probably get more yards.. Woof! 60 Million for a punt returner and a receiver out to the backfield. Double Woof!

nunusguy
10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Big deal.......Reggie runs back a punt and the media goes wild.
I was looking at some stats on a different website the other day and discovered that some rookie out of Miami playing for the Bears by the name of
Devin Hester had a punt return for a TD against the Packers in the first week of the regular season. It was for eighty-four (84) yards !
I dunno, but I must not have been watching ESPN that week, because I'm sure they would have had his play repeated again and again, just like they
do with Reggie Boy. Right ?

chuckm
10-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm not a big John McClain supporter, but he was sarcastically critical of Bush's performance thus far this year ...

Frankly, none of the top picks are setting the world on fire .... as should've been expected

thunderkyss
10-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Good points, but I think the most important part of this breakdown is how defenses are keying to Bush whenever he is on the field. I remember seeing a play that ESPN broke down after that Falcons game where Bush was lined up as a wideout. At the snap, Bush turned toward the QB, like he was expecting one of those quick screen passes, and the cb, the safety and the outside LB at went to him for that split second. Brees then threw easy 20 yard pass to Horn.

what I thought was funny, the guy uses the reverse that Henderson scored the TD on. he shows Reggie with the ball, then points out 4 defenders pursuing Reggie. When RB hands the ball to Henderson, he's like, "See how the defenders continue following Bush", but not one of the 4 did. They all noticed the switch, and changed directions. They were just so far out of the play, and the Saints were already so close to the endzone, it was going to be a touchdown regardless who had the ball.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
10-14-2006, 12:16 PM
I was looking at some stats on a different website the other day and discovered that some rookie out of Miami playing for the Bears by the name of
Devin Hester had a punt return for a TD against the Packers in the first week of the regular season. It was for eighty-four (84) yards !
I dunno, but I must not have been watching ESPN that week, because I'm sure they would have had his play repeated again and again, just like they
do with Reggie Boy. Right ?

lmao! at his current pace RB will have 4 touchdowns this year. I'm sure they will all be memorable, electric, highlight reel type stuff.

thunderkyss
10-14-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm not a big John McClain supporter, but he was sarcastically critical of Bush's performance thus far this year ...

Frankly, none of the top picks are setting the world on fire .... as should've been expected

I beg to differ..... the QBs Lienart & Young are doing exactly what we thought they would be doing at this point in their Young(pun intended) Career...

Mr teX
10-14-2006, 08:11 PM

Yeah, i heard the tail end of this, & was actually surprised how Mcclain didn't ESPN himself regarding his views on RB thus far.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I thought I would bump this back to the top. We are still looking for TD number two, and for his first rushing & receiving TD. Don't the Saints have a rookie named Colston who is having a better year than Reggie? Was he in the Heisman running? Was he one of the best college players ever?:sarcasm:

real
11-02-2006, 04:31 PM
I was in Lousianna last weekend and couldn't watch the Texans and was stuck watching that horrible Ravens/Saints game.....

Reggie is playing bad....and I don't like how Payton(sp) is using him....But RB is not playing well....I think he'll eventually get it, but right now he is trying to rely on athleticism and he is not much more athletic than the guys out there....They are going to have to teach him how to play football....

nunusguy
11-02-2006, 05:06 PM
I thought I would bump this back to the top. We are still looking for TD number two, and for his first rushing & receiving TD. Don't the Saints have a rookie named Colston who is having a better year than Reggie? Was he in the Heisman running? Was he one of the best college players ever?:sarcasm:
We've got a rookie we took in the 4th round who already has 5 TDs.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-11-2006, 03:55 PM
It being so close to another Sunday of NFL games, I thought I'd bump this back up one more time.

run-david-run
11-11-2006, 05:38 PM
On pace for a whole 2 TD's this year and 4 plays bigger then 20 yards from scrimage! 4! Thats terrible.

Carr Bombed
11-11-2006, 05:42 PM
On pace for a whole 2 TD's this year and 4 plays bigger then 20 yards from scrimage! 4! Thats terrible.

What are you talking about.....thats explosiveness right there, most explosive player in the game.

10 million dollars a TD

10 million dollars every 20 yard play